Animation guide for Lycaeum instance

CaitlinDan - Heavens Tear
CaitlinDan - Heavens Tear Posts: 187 Arc User
edited August 2013 in Venomancer
I'm finally 100 and finally I see what venos were talking about. It's near impossible to do it without PK mode. I tried doing it in Safe Mode using a Harpy, but it's impossible to tab the invisible mob.

My question is, how do I know the animations of the Guards correspond to Physical or Fire Attack? Like if I select it, is there like an icon that could help me know if it's in Fire or Physical mode?

Thanks!
I copied Desdi's font color. It's too pretty. Forgive me Desdi b:thanks
Post edited by CaitlinDan - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Click on them to see what buff they have to tell. Otherwise, the fire attack has a fireball animation on the stuff being hit (which includes you if you're in range, but unfortunately not the target invisible mob), the physical attack has no distinctive animation.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    The safest way really is just selecting the guard itself to check on the icon that reveals what mode they are on >.<
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • CaitlinDan - Heavens Tear
    CaitlinDan - Heavens Tear Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Correct me if I'm wrong.

But according to my notes here - yes I made notes, I'm a sexy geek LOL - when they're on fire attack, there's an icon to say fire resistant? Or increased fire resistance or something like that? Yes?

On physical, there's no icons.... Or I didn't see because I was panicking.
    I copied Desdi's font color. It's too pretty. Forgive me Desdi b:thanks
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited August 2013
    Yeah fire mode means they have a fire resistance buff on and physical mode means they have a physical defence buff on.

The thing about the buffs is that sometimes they don't show immediately so I either have to click again or wait a few seconds for it to appear. Not sure what's up with that.
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Either click the guards to check, memorize what your guards are on orrr do what I use as a leftover from good old delta days: have normal chat in your squad chat. Cause guards talk :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Chelestine - Heavens Tear
    Chelestine - Heavens Tear Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    There is quite a noticable difference in the animation for the physical/fire attacks that's without having to click on them separately.

Screenie of attack stances

They will also speak as you switch stances.

The physical guard has a purple aura around it, very much like the clerics' Violet Dance stance. In fact, it's the exact same one.
    Text: "I'll cut down any and all who face me!"

The fire guard has a reddish glow under it.
    Text: "Errgh! How infuriating! I'm going to drown this place in fire!"

From a distance the details aren't noticable but you should still be able to tell the difference by the colour. The actual attack (white buff thingy) looks the same for both.

Good luck though, even when you don't have to check the stance of the guards it can be near impossible to tab the invisible mob, especially when the wave mobs are closing in and tab just selects them, or if you have to switch and click on the fox in between! I don't even bother trying tocomplete waves anymore as I refuse to go in PK mode. I just stand there killing foxes and the occasional turtle...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Find me at ♡ Chel's Creative Corner ♡ of the screenshot section! :3

pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1607021
  • KieraLlew - Dreamweaver
    KieraLlew - Dreamweaver Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    That's a good question, and Chelestine has a great answer!

I'll add that to my guide on the instance in a few~

EDIT: Whoops wrong avatar. o.o;
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited August 2013
    Ohai new Kinna :3