Sage unfetter and channelling debuffs

Medaka - Morai
Medaka - Morai Posts: 196 Arc User
edited July 2013 in Seeker
I've noticed this happen in quite a few TT runs already but wasn't exactly sure what it was until I actually got into testing it a bit. Basically on bosses such as coredash, emperor, minister etc. that use ranged attacks which debuff your channelling speed, I've noticed my sage unfetter resists this debuff entirely if I time it right.

Though I'm aware it says on the skill itself it resists "disabling" debuffs the actual icon that shows up on your bar says "movement" debuffs. This also doesn't stack with vacuity powders and I've tested those too, they do the same thing.

Has this always been happening? I never heard of this before as (as far as I knew) channelling debuffs are not a movement debuff, and even if one would consider them as such if referring to "skill movement" it doesn't justify that silence doesn't get resisted, nor attack speed debuffs. I've tried asking other seekers on the server but most of them haven't actually tested that far or never even noticed it to begin with.

Edit: Tested it with a psy guildie just now. He cast Disturb Soul on me and the "Resist" popped up right above my head.
Post edited by Medaka - Morai on

Comments

• PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    could you try popping a vac and have the psy disturb soul you?
    you only purge once #yopo
  • Medaka - Morai
    edited July 2013
    could you try popping a vac and have the psy disturb soul you?

Yeah, that was part of my edit. I tested it with both Unfetter and Vac and it had the same effect.
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    ah. interesting!
    maybe they changed the coding for the sage skill and messed up the vac's powder too
    you only purge once #yopo
  • Medaka - Morai
    edited July 2013
    Well, I don't have experience with other classes' antistun skills but I'd guess that anything which provides the same buff Vacs have would work the same way. I'm a bit curious if it does go that way and it isn't only Sage Unfetter that does it.
  • Zheii - Archosaur
    Zheii - Archosaur Posts: 2,732 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Well this is interesting to know... Thanks for sharing, although maybe it should be put in the Quality Corner since it isn't exactly meant to happen~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Queen of Silly, circa 2014, as conferred by the late great Proski Wallace.