What pets did you abandon or embrace after pet evolution update?

thumbs
thumbs Posts: 0 Arc User
edited August 2013 in Venomancer
I removed Dark Wanderer and Armored Bear from my pet bag. DW evolved is too pvp oriented, outshined in PvE by Skeleton, and the Bear didn't seem to have a use in PvE. DW also would never hit as hard as my scorpion now with Lv 5 skills on the Righteous mood, or Skeleton with it's unique skill.

Hoping one day to get a Harpy to fill one spot. -My HA/Axe toons are more desirable to upgrade atm.

Holding on to hope for my Eldergoth Marskman who's sitting at 101 w/ Claw, Protect, Strength.

A bit happier with Angelfish, but there's just not much use for a fish and the Celestial Giant can fill the role for others.
Post edited by thumbs on

Comments

• Gwendolynne - Heavens Tear
    Gwendolynne - Heavens Tear Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    My Nixx got shelved. =/ Kowlin found its way back into my bag though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Character Roster:
    Gwendolynne : 101/SageVeno - Xyleena : 102/DemonCleric
    Delecroix : 101/DemonSin - Anatoxin : 9x/SagePsy
    Raevynne : 100/DemonBM - GotMeTwisted : 8x/SageSeeker
    Deicidea : 8x/Mystic - Diva : 95/SageBM/Retired
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I'm still pretty much nix+herc and occasionally monkey (eldergolth). I don't have the new monkey or harpy.

I really regret evolving the cactus though. It looks so very very dumb; and isn't noticeably any better.

Kowlin gets to shine a bit for luring; but the monkey usually does it better, so he's not seeing much use. And I have VERY quickly got used to "My pet walks and flies" and get infuriated by the pets that don't.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I used to use the Phoenix for everything outside instances but now it has been replaced by the Harpy. Phoenix is a pure PvP pet for me as of now but I am planning to get a Monkey in the future.

The Imperial Skeleton became my debuff pet and still has good DD power so I use that and the Harpy in instances depending on what kind if DD I need.

I don't use the Giant much but I still find it extremely useful in a variety of situations.

Kowlin remained largely unused, I only summon it just for fun.

Other pets I have that I can evolve is the Plumpfish, the Windwalking Piggy and the Shaodu Cub. I'm debating whether to evolve the Piggy, not because I'll use it but just because it's cute. I think I'll eventually take the Cub out and maybe replace it with an evolved Plumpfish later.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Raziyal - Archosaur
    Raziyal - Archosaur Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    My Herc and Nix are still with me, aswell as my Kowlin.

Though i did embrace a Cuddly pup that has now been evolved.
    (it looked like my past dog, so i had to have it.

I quite like the Valient Protector (cuddly pup) its skill Loyal dog, is sadly really sacrificial on its part.
    It makes the target attacking you, only be able to select the pet for 4 seconds which is enough for me to run away and get my *** out of there... Nice PvP skill for my use.

I mainly use him for lower dungeons to help people out, also to be a show off haha

Its quite a nice pet, but needs to be re-rolled a few times to get what i want..
    101 Veno (Sage) (Archo Server)
    102 Archer (Sage)
    104 Barb (Sage)
    101 Psy (Demon)
    104 Veno (Sage (sanc server)
  • kenpachikensai
    kenpachikensai Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    So far, evolved my Nix, Herc, and Cactus. Still love and use my Herc/Nix for everything depending on situation.

Cactus, it's starting to grow on me. I've always liked ranged pets, though it's unfortunate Eldergoth's didn't make the cut. Hope Eldergoth's and Turtles get evolutions next time.

On the fence about evolving Plumpfish since Herc/Nix can go underwater now.
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Evolved herc, nix, scorpion, dark wanderer, cacto, and harpy. Just got dino (egged turtle to make room, and dropped the egg in Brim last night to make room for OHT mats) and leveling up plumpfish to eventually evolve. Last two pet bag slots are taking up by an eldergoth with protect (though I think the harpy has pretty much replaced its role) and an overclocked mechcrab I'm leveling up to record stats in the wiki.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    My plumpfish has herc buffs (not the same mood though), and last time I farmed OUF; I used the herc in the water. The only thing the fish has on the Giant is the unique skill: "Deal water damage equal to 650% of base attack." That skill can one shot half the fish there. On the other hand; the herc can handle a few more fish at a time, and has better mood for aggro so I can aoe and pick up a big pile of loot in one spot.

That said: I'd recommend sticking with the Herc unless you'd value that sweet unique skill and don't mind using the stars.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited July 2013
    I'm really obsessed with evolving-reshaping-rerolling pets and playing with the stats but for now I'm going to reshape/reroll and perfect my current pets.
    After than I think I'll evolve other pets just to play around with them, still thinking what to evolve.
  • akosireann
    akosireann Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Did not get kowlin (awesome waste of money for a debuffer/ lurer) but I'm more than happy with my evolved cactus with valiant mood (immune to immobilize effects plus the mind skill) for pulling. Love the **** slap animation b:chuckle

Skeleton is my go to pet for boss fights. He has maxed mag debuff as a fallback when my myriad does not proc its mindbreak. His damage is insane atm with his strict mood. He can hit roughly up to 18k on 150 bosses on his sickle skill with wraithslayer and sharp.

Got disappointed a bit on evolved bear but his stun skills are useful for those nasty kiter mobs in morai.

Loving my flaming crystal so much atm for ye olde mob grind. He got the howl mood skill which means mobs will not go running to maul me after 1 aoe.

I'm in the same boat as thumbs regarding the eldergoth, I hope this great ranged pet gets a stab at being evolved.
    Go Pure or go Fail

You have enemies? Good. That means you stood up for something in your life - Winston Churchill

Status of PvP in RT

The best pk in Raging Tides is in World Chat- Dylena
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Before the expansion came, I wasn't really using my pets anymore.

For pvp, I used my nix just to get one extra stun and once it died, I would revive her, but not bring her back.

For pve, I only used my pets for luring, I was using my morai dino cause it had buffs.

Now, for pvp I always use Avatar of War.

After the expansion came, the only pve I've done is HH, Tigers Event, and CoA. The harpy does a lot of damage to bosses. Not more than my r9-3 sin, but is worth to take a moment to summon and buff my harpy for attacking the boss, along with my sin. In Tigers, my harpy has given my enough advantage to secure the 1st place every week, even though I'm pure vit build. And in CoA the harpy is pretty awesome against those bosses immune to phsysical damage. They die quickly.

All the other pets I don't use them anymore, practically. But they are still awesome. For example the Celestial Giant is like a barb (lol). It can tank the last boss in HH 3-3 and even steals aggro.
  • Miss_menace - Raging Tide
    Miss_menace - Raging Tide Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    thumbs wrote: »
    Holding on to hope for my Eldergoth Marskman who's sitting at 101 w/ Claw, Protect, Strength.

Im so surprised they didnt have a evolution option for the ranged monkeys. They are far superior to the squishy cactus, even if the range isn't as long. And they even look like the kind of pets that would evolve into something that looks really cool.

(and on a side-note, I'm so sad that the red coloured eldergoth marksman pets ended up being brown... that red colored monkey would look so cool!)
  • Miss_menace - Raging Tide
    Miss_menace - Raging Tide Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    akosireann wrote: »
    Got disappointed a bit on evolved bear but his stun skills are useful for those nasty kiter mobs in morai.

Did anyone else notice the aoe attack skill associated with one of the moods for the evolved bear? I SO WANT THAT!!!! b:laugh
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited July 2013
    I was also surprised that they didn't give an evolution to the eldergoths >.<
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    (and on a side-note, I'm so sad that the red coloured eldergoth marksman pets ended up being brown... that red colored monkey would look so cool!)

Brown's the original color of the marksman. They changed the color of the wild ones to red (like the warrior up around Sundown) a year or so ago.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I've pondered what they could do with the marksman to make it useful w/o killing the usefulness of another pet (like harpy). I also fear them making it a PK pet, (I did kinda like how it continued to hit toons as they were flying away). A single target ranged aggro skill, temporary immunity, or spam-able ranged aoe might be nice.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • BriarFoxy - Raging Tide
    BriarFoxy - Raging Tide Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    First, the list of PETS THAT CAN BE EVOLVED is in the "Ultimate Pet List" in the PW WIKI (Where guides should be) but no stats are yet given on these upgraded pets.

So, Now I have only evolved my Herc so far and since I was used to using a nerfed none argoing Herc I have to relearn how to use the evolved Herc. He is much better at getting argo especially with the new skill so he tends to die a lot since I am not used to continually healing him.
    I am disappointed that my Infernal Eidolon can not be evolve like I thought it should be. Since I play on the cheap buying a 2nd Legendary Pet is out of the question.

I'm keeping my Puppy to evolve him since he is 2nd fastest pet in the game, good for gathering bulk mobs for the seeker to mass kill.

I'm also going to evolve my Celestial Plumpfish and not sure about my Mermaiden Rustler, Snow Hare, Dodon Jailbird and others.

The number of flying and water pets that can be evolved is very low since evolved pets can now go anywhere. It is to bad PW does not have any place to level water pets as we have found with ground and flying pets.

All-in-all it seems to be a step in the right direction toward improving veno pets. I say I'll take any positive things in this game even if they need fixed after they are introduced.
    I hope some day they will get it right. b:pleased b:surrender
    Rise to Become Mighty so on the Wings of the Leviathan We will Soar....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Beware the Jabberwock, my son! The jaws that bite, the claws that catch! Beware the Jubjub bird, and shun The frumious Bandersnatch!" He took his vorpal sword in hand: Long time the manxome foe he sought -- So rested he by the Tumtum tree, And stood awhile in thought. And, as in uffish thought he stood, The Jabberwock, with eyes of flame, Came whiffling through the tulgey wood, And burbled as it came!--Poem part by: Lewis Carroll
  • Asishi - Archosaur
    Asishi - Archosaur Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    First, the list of PETS THAT CAN BE EVOLVED is in the "Ultimate Pet List" in the PW WIKI (Where guides should be) but no stats are yet given on these upgraded pets.

I'll be making some pages for them in the wiki once I get some time, as well as updating the section on pets in general to cover quite a few missing details, but for now just remember that the pre-inherit stats are identical to the pre-evolved stats at the same level. The only exception to this is with the pets that evolve from multiple levels of base pet. The unevolved pets inherit skills, but basically switch out with the egg for the evolved pet, for which there is only one. For instance, evolving the L100 armored bear (base level 80) will give you a king cuddlesworth with stats equal to the L100 shaodu cub (base level 20), and the egg will indicate the pet's base level was indeed 20.

Now that I've spouted all that, Illusory Thorn and Drizzy (hate that name) are both amazing lurers and fairly noteworthy in terms of flat damage next to other non-legendaries. The thorn in particular is a lifesaver in lycaeum for handling sly foxes. Mine twoshots them, and I'm not even G16 on veno, much less R9. For luring, thorn's range is still unbeatable aside from harpy, and drizzy can punch through a wall of mobs with his special to grab targets you otherwise could never touch (broadblade runners in distant groups in warsong, for instance).

The only pets I dropped were celestial plumpfish for an asgard (same evolved stats, faster leveling), riptide tortoise (no longer the best water pet at 100), and I may eventually replace my shaodu with an armored bear for the same reason as the plumpfish.

I'm still working on evolving others, but at this point I'm looking at using drizzy and thorn bee for PvP until I can afford a monkey king. I'll probably post a full assessment down the line when I evolve them all. In the weeks before the evolution system was released, I went around and collected every evolvable, just in case they became rarer after the fact.
  • VKnightV - Lost City
    VKnightV - Lost City Posts: 381 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    is there a touroc angler that someone have evolved

i have to say the wiki showed limited evolved pets

the evolved form of plume fish is breath taking rest is me and not wasting gold for legenderys

so is touroc a posible evolution

or the demon looking one lv8

Ostial Centipex would be a awesome evolution

Carapest Terror mage tanker
  • DeffyNature - Archosaur
    DeffyNature - Archosaur Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    is there a touroc angler that someone have evolved

i have to say the wiki showed limited evolved pets

the evolved form of plume fish is breath taking rest is me and not wasting gold for legenderys

so is touroc a posible evolution

or the demon looking one lv8

Ostial Centipex would be a awesome evolution

Carapest Terror mage tanker

No, none that you've listed evolve. All the pets that evolve are shown here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWNm1BUCWMc&feature=share&list=UUql8YV_m_t10WIyiS8ro5Uw
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • CaitlinDan - Heavens Tear
    CaitlinDan - Heavens Tear Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I finally embraced not just my pets, but also being a veno as a whole.... Must say it's nice to finally play a character that really does its job and shines.

My herc is awesome. Actually having ranged aggro skill, Howl, is soooo freaking awesome. I can nuke nuke nuke, and none of the monsters would come to me at all. All this with level 1 Howl.

Harpy is incredible with AOE grinding. Enough said, I'm gushing over her enough as it is. Best investment ever. Love how she has mag atks so totally helps with phy immune stuff.

Phoenix is the best I actually embraced. After I farmed for her at level 60 ish, I only used her for PQ1 to get me first place, and that was 3 years ago. After that the nix kinda got shelved, because it couldn't come into instances and all. But right now I'm loving the nix, especially against bosses, whoohoo.

Thank you PWI.
    I copied Desdi's font color. It's too pretty. Forgive me Desdi b:thanks