Useful Venomancer Links

Mauntille - Heavens Tear
Mauntille - Heavens Tear Posts: 694 Arc User
edited September 2014 in Venomancer
1 part boredom + 1 part inspiration + too many duplicate threads = links page. Enjoy.

If you can't find what you're looking for here, check the stickies. I didn't add those to the list of links because they don't get buried.

Table of Contents

Chapter 1
Skills
Pets
Instances
Expansion

Chapter 2
Gear
PvP
Other
Just for Fun

Chapter 3
Notes and Revision History

Skills

Debuffs
What gives more: Sage or Demon Amplify Damage?
Highest Priority Debuffs
Overwriting Buffs
Sage Soul Degeneration - XP ^ Immediately Overwriting
Crush Vigor

Bramble
Reflect Damage Calculation
Bramble and Clerics
Bramble, Bramble Hood, Blazing Barrier - Stacking and Overwriting Mechanics:
as of Sept 1, 2014 ~ Mechanics as of Rising Call expansion
Brambling Classes with Leap Skills

79 & 100 Skills
79 Skills
Level 100 Skills

General
Ecatomb.net - Skills (Update 8-26-2014: Ecatomb is closing. See the Sage/Demon archive below for some of the information from this site.)
Lending Hand - How to Spark Yourself ^ Sparking BMs ^ When and Who to Spark
Most Underrated Venomancer Skill? question posed by Colum

Sage vs. Demon
General consensus is that both paths are balanced. Here are some debates about the skills themselves, but keep in mind it's best to look up the skills, what they do, and how they would meld with your playstyle.
Venomancer Demon/Sage Skills (Archive) by Desdi
Chi Gain Comparison by Desdi
Discussion 1 ^ Discussion 2 ^ Discussion 3

Expansion
Please see the "Expansion" section below for skills released across various expansions.

Pets

General Venomancer Pet Guide by Desdi

Taming
Pet Quests
Pet Taming Troubleshooting

Rare Pets
Official Rare Pets and Coordinates. by Neon_Tiger
~Rare Pet Guide~ by Kinnacat
Kowlin Discussion
You will regret if you dont read this thread (Bone Dragon Hatchling) by Korren (With follow-up discussion)

Harpy & Monkey King Pets
Review of the new legendary pets by Desdi

Pet Skills
Nix Skills
Bugs with Nixes
Herc Skills
List of Pet Skills (PWI Wiki)
Pet Skill Lookup (Ecatomb)

Pet Evolution & Mood
Evolved Pets and their uber damage
Mood skills: detailed information
What's your pet's Inherited Stats/Mood?

General Pet Information
Ultimate Pet List (PWI Wiki)
Site with Pictures by Raptorkillz, TattoAngel, and Channonon
Pet Experience Chart by Traz
Pet attack formula... mostly solved by Brael (and follow-up by rinuruc)
Vazil's Guide to Quick Pet Leveling by Vazil
How to Level Pets Quickly
New way to level water pets? (If you care about that of course) discussion started by kairos716
Best Flying Pet DD vs Tank
How to survive this game without a Herc
Pet Stats At Level 100 (Ecatomb)

Instances

Nirvana
Tips for Regular Nirvana
Pets in Caster Nirvana
Pets and Skills for Nirvana (Both)

TT
There are no good TT threads. This is simply because all of them consist of "I'm X level with Y pet, what can I solo?" The answer is always "Go out and try for yourself." Just level and pet means nothing. What you can solo is dependent upon your level, pet, gear, skill, and luck.

Pet Instance
Guide ~ Lycaeum of Cultivation by Kinnacat
Activating Lycaeum without PK mode (video) by Desdi (And follow up for the Luneska update.)
New Pet instance discussion

Primal Instances
Flowsilver Palace and venos, a video guide by Desdi (includes link to full guide by Neodaystar)
Undercurrent Hall and venos by Desdi

Other
FCC and Venos
Venomancer Soloing frost with nix (video by Jasms)
Warsong Videos & Short Guide by Desdi
Abaddon (Puppeteer)

Expansion Content

Morai
Original Speculation
Soul Link (and more) ^ Soul Shatter (Upgraded Soul Link) ^ Bewitch ^ Chi Burn ^ Blazing Barrier ^ Natural Synergy

New Horizons
Grudge Strike ^ Redstone Venomworm ^ Dark Taboo ^ Malefic Crush
provided by Desdi

Other
Rising Call (Originally "New skill & pets-upgrades discussion)
Glory and Rebirth
Post edited by Mauntille - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Mauntille - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2012
    Notes:
    - Feel free to let me know if (and what) I missed anything. I'll try to keep these posts updated.
    - Some threads listed here are duplicates, but it's the paring down of hundreds. Anything here is subject to removal if the consensus is that the link isn't as useful as I first thought.
    - Unless credited as otherwise, all links are discussions. It would be most advantageous to read the whole thread and not just the first post or two.

Revision History:
    1.24.2012 - Initial Upload. Yay!
    1.25.2012 - Added 2 links from Desdi; more pending review.
    1.27.2012 - Reviewed remaining links from Desdi; replaced existing herc link with hers.
    2.4.2012 - Sage/Demon skills links reviewed and purged. Links about builds and general trollery removed. Link to Ast's thread on the new pet added. Fixed link name for Desiree's PvP guide.
    4.12.2012 - Recent Sage/Demon amp discussion added to skills section.
    7.22.2012 - Merged in old Morai threads. Added new Morai threads.
    1.25.2013 - Added Warsong link, various other useful looking threads on the front page.
    7.11.2013 - Added a couple new links & changed heading from "upcoming" to "Rising Call". Added note on availability.
    7.19.2013 - Added a handful of new links. Some section reorganization done as well.
    7.23.2013 - New links added.
    9.25.2013 - Added Frost soloing link.
    10.14.2013 - Added PVP Videos link.
    10.22.2013 - Added upcoming skills link
    11.3.2013 - Added Desdi's video guide to activating Lyceum
    1.11.2014 - Added link to "New Horizons" skills thread. Renamed "Upcoming" skills subsection to "Expansion".
    1.21.2014 - Added link to Flowsilver Palace thread.
    1.27.2014 - Added Demon/Sage Chi Comparison thread.
    2.7.2014 - Added link to Undercurrent Hall thread, HA build w/ expansion thread.
    2.7.2014 - Revamped structure to bleed down into reserved posts; added table of contents; created new section for expansion content as most of those threads have mixed content.
    2.16.14 - Added Dark Taboo thread; Credited Desdi with the skills links for New Horizons, since she's been providing them.
    3.11.14 - Added Primal Malefic Crush thread.
    4.11.14 - Added HA/AA 2.0 guide, by Myerna.
    4.29.14 - Added Soul Shatter link to Morai skills section.
    5.1.14 - Added puppeteer/abba link to instances section.
    6.2.14 - Added new section Other:Botting with 3 starter links.
    6.3.14 - Added new bramble thread pertaining to leap skills and directional changes
    6.17.14 - Added discussion on vitality build.
    8.1.14 - Added underrated skills thread
    8.26.14 - Added Sage/Demon archive, Flowsilver veno squad, Veno instance update, and note about ecatomb.net closing down.
    8.29.14 - Replaced Veno instance update question thread with guide thread.
    9.2.14 - Updated Bramble mechanics threads in skills section (keeping an old link since "but it used to work this way" was an old argument); replaced outdated link with note in PvP section to reference Bramble skills section.
    9.4.14 - Added Desdi's new ultimate pet guide.
    9.5.14 - Swapped Warsong threads.

• Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    That's a great idea Mauntille! This time, we'll make sure to have this stickied.

I tried to search for some old bookmarks I had so here are some threads that I found and you might consider them. (If you want me to, I can edit the comment after you check it and remove the links not to confuse anyone XD)

- Best Flying Pet DD vs Tank
    - FCC and Venos
    - another kowlin related thread
    - how to survive game without herc guess it might have its uses
    - another Nirvana related topic, recent one

-Also, the wiki i wrote a while back Role of The Venomancer here. could be added along for faster access. I'm not suggesting it because I wrote it but just because I included some quick description/tips under each skill (and I think you also added some info if I'm not mistaken). People in-game have asked me about tips for the skills so I linked them there often. Your choice though :)
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    The ironic part is that no matter how useful this thread will be, it'll have very few replies.
    edited January 2012
    That's a great idea Mauntille! This time, we'll make sure to have this stickied.

Thanks! I had some of the better threads bookmarked for when people asked me questions in game, but venos are complex enough that my bookmarks folder for this was getting cluttered more than I had time to manage. This was partially spawned from my own house keeping, but after talking with a friend of mine, I decided to just make it public.
    I tried to search for some old bookmarks I had so here are some threads that I found and you might consider them. (If you want me to, I can edit the comment after you check it and remove the links not to confuse anyone XD)

Thanks for the links! No need to edit your posts, I'll just add new replies with updates to track the changes I've made. That should help keep it on the front page as well, until it gets sticky status.

Added. Thanks for the links!

I'll have to reread these before adding them, as the topics are prone to flame bait.

I'm trying to avoid linking the following:
    - Naming and Shaming.
    - Flaming, to some degree. It's hard to get away from it in this forum, but I'm trying to make sure the topics linked have more discussion than arguing.
    - Outdatedness. Venomancers haven't changed much from day 1, but the game itself is drastically different. Some old topics are still relevant (taming pets, using tomes instead of food, how to lure, etc), but others aren't as applicable in the current game environment (primary tank in higher level FF, for example).

I need to go through the links I've already got up again as well. There were well over 150 when I first pulled them out, and that's only dating back a year from now. But the eventual plan is to stabilize what I've got and then keep it recent if any new good threads come up.
    -Also, the wiki i wrote a while back Role of The Venomancer here. could be added along for faster access. I'm not suggesting it because I wrote it but just because I included some quick description/tips under each skill (and I think you also added some info if I'm not mistaken). People in-game have asked me about tips for the skills so I linked them there often. Your choice though :)

Yeah, I think I did add some information to that page. A few months ago I had a lot a free time and a broken leg, so that resulted in lots of computer time and cleaning up of the wiki, veno pages in particular.

Initially, I didn't add that page because it felt like a splicing of portions of what I've already got linked. It's a great reference, no doubt, but I'm trying to keep the list of links moderately short. That said, I did remove some other links concerning skills after that page was cut, so I'll review things again and see if it fits better now.

The ironic part is that no matter how useful this thread will be, it'll have very few replies.

Haha, yeah. I realized that after we talked in game last night. Theoretically it'll get stickied and there will be more comments related to this one in other threads than there will be here. But at the very least, it will hopefully cut down on repeat threads. I'm so tired of "Sage vs Demon" and "What can I solo?" repeats...
  • sleepcat
    sleepcat Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    I have a level 93 Crystalline Magmite. What can I solo? b:puzzled
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Itori - Lost City
    Itori - Lost City Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    sleepcat wrote: »
    I have a level 93 Crystalline Magmite. What can I solo? b:puzzled

I'll tell you if you help me pick my Sage/Demon cultivation. b:scorn

Looked through the threads quickly, now I'm really tempted to edit any posts that were mine that might say something stupid.. but thats kinda impossible, me always say stupid things b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    There is no shame in losing when there is no honor in winning.
    edited January 2012
    Haha, yeah. I realized that after we talked in game last night. Theoretically it'll get stickied and there will be more comments related to this one in other threads than there will be here. But at the very least, it will hopefully cut down on repeat threads. I'm so tired of "Sage vs Demon" and "What can I solo?" repeats...

I actually PMed a moderator to get mine stickied.
  • Nine_Lives - Raging Tide
    Nine_Lives - Raging Tide Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    bookmarked
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited January 2012
    I'm so tired of "Sage vs Demon" and "What can I solo?" repeats...

I second that. The list of Sage vs Demon related threads you've gathered is already long.

And you're very welcome! There is so much valuable information on these forums that it would be a shame to get buried.
    I understand wanting to keep links of "clean" threads there, I haven't gone through those topics for ages myself. Anyways, I'll keep on hunting b:chuckle

Looked through the threads quickly, now I'm really tempted to edit any posts that were mine that might say something stupid.. but thats kinda impossible, me always say stupid things

I feel the same with some of my past posts. There were things I could have said better or views I had that have changed overtime due to adapting to the changes of the game but..what's done is done b:chuckle
  • krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited January 2012
    Thread stickied.

Enjoy!b:victory
    edited January 2012
    Sleep! b:cry
    I actually PMed a moderator to get mine stickied.
    KrittyCat wrote: »
    Thread stickied.

Someone beat me to it. o.o
    Thanks Kritty!
    edited January 2012
    Congratulations =)
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited January 2012
    KrittyCat wrote: »
    Thread stickied.

Thanks Kritty!

I pm'd him yesterday b:avoid

And with this solved, I hope more and more people will visit this thread and the links.
    edited January 2012

Links reviewed.

Your Kowlin thread was good, but mainly talked about the advantage of speed, which was covered in the existing thread. It...got rather trolly towards the end, so I just kept the original as it has more discussion and less QQRAGE.

I swapped out the "How to survive without a herc" thread. Similar to above, but with yours being the one with more content and the original being the troll infested cave.

The nirvana requirements thread isn't bad, per say, but I don't think it's really applicable in all situations. Some posters said sage (and sage amp) was required, others said no requirements, some squads like pets and others don't, etc. All of this information is included in other threads, whether they are the nirvana threads or the Sage/Demon threads.

Congratulations =)

Thanks!

Next up: wading thru the river of Sage/Demon threads... b:shocked
  • Nine_Lives - Raging Tide
    Nine_Lives - Raging Tide Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    b:laugh grats, now i don't have to roll back on several threads to tell some newcomer venos in my fac the answers to some FAQ's

''First sticky on the top of veno forum, check it there!"b:victory
  • Ao - Raging Tide
    Ao - Raging Tide Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Oh this is actually very good, thanks! *bookmarks* b:kiss
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited October 2012
    I'm not sure if you're still updating this (hopefully yes!) but there's a recent thread that popped up about warsong.

There is not a lot of information in it (I might make a quick guide for warsong and venomancers some of these days) but it should be of some use for now. Warsong is getting popular so I assume many venomancers are getting interested in it as well.
    edited January 2013
    I'm not sure if you're still updating this (hopefully yes!) but there's a recent thread that popped up about warsong.

There is not a lot of information in it (I might make a quick guide for warsong and venomancers some of these days) but it should be of some use for now. Warsong is getting popular so I assume many venomancers are getting interested in it as well.

I'm attempting to keep it updated. My work situation has changed somewhat, so I don't have as much time as I had before, so it's a little slower than I'd like.

The link, plus a couple other good looking ones have been added.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited July 2013
    Hey! I saw you recently updated some stuff so here's a few links of recent things that have been posted if you have time to go through/look into later and see if there's anything worth adding in the list.

For the pet lovers: what gender is your pet?
    Why do you love your veno? xoxo
    New Pet instance discussion
    Another sage/demon discussion
    Yet another sage/demon discussion
    Builds comparison from this thread.
    New venomancer instance guide (might be stickied later though).
    What's your pet's Inherited Stats/Mood?
    arty's veno pvp thread~

edited July 2013
    Thanks for the links. Most of them have been added.

I did skip the two sage/demon threads though. They looked decent enough in their own right, but I didn't see anything that wasn't covered by the three already linked. But correct me if I'm wrong- it's always possible that I've missed something.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited July 2013
    Here's another thread that popped up recently and seems promising in terms of useful information.

Mood skills: detailed information

For the demon/sage threads I only liked the list of PvP-related advantages of each side of cultivation I wrote but it's not really a full list (didn't take into consideration all types of settings and/or builds) so think you can skip it.
    edited July 2013
    Moods thread added.

I'm debating adding this discussion about the changes in how bramble is overwritten, but I'm wondering if there is too much speculation on which brambles overwrite each other as opposed to confirmed behaviour.

Thoughts?
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited July 2013
    hmm, not sure. At the very least, Veneir's post is useful at pointing out that all reflect buffs (Guard, Hood, Barrier) for Venomancers stack with each other now. I would say to add it.
    edited July 2013
    Added. I can always remove or replace it later if we don't feel it adds that much value.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited September 2013
    FCC soloing. New pets enabled Venomancers to solo FCC more effectively and doesn't specifically require a Hercules, or it gives new options for the Venomancers to run faster or better.

Not a long discussion but it has some interesting points and video links.
  • helovesu
    helovesu Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I think that the FCC run should require a celestial giant to take down every mobs before the Veno confronts the boss.

It is not specifically shown how she gets to the boss (how she gets there).
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited September 2013
    Yeah that's true but an evolved Glacial Walker or Armored Bear with Howl should be a decent substitute I believe. Otherwise, Venomancers can pull/tank themselves, as shown in my own video, and use for the pet DD/debuff.

I was hoping the discussion would continue and other people would post information/videos :(
  • Jasms - Lost City
    Jasms - Lost City Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    helovesu wrote: »
    I think that the FCC run should require a celestial giant to take down every mobs before the Veno confronts the boss.

It is not specifically shown how she gets to the boss (how she gets there).

My only pets i have is Hercules (herc) and Phoenix (nix). I use herc for mobs (although i can pull groups ) because i have 4 aggro skills (bramble,the confident mood with 2 aggro native skills plus the melee atk skill ) so i can reach at bosses flawless.But i have done frost only with nix too .Herc help me to have the min repairs so i earn more coins when i sell big room.With nix and with my weak mag. atk. i cant one shot mobs so i avoid use nix at group of mobs,it takes more time than use herc+aoe.Herc isn't a "must" anymore in frost when have evolved nix (if just want to reach at big room) but for sure it helps,with the proper moods, to controlling groups easier.Nix is a single target pet,you send and kill,simple as that.I have already a 2nd video prepared again with nix but i wait my friend to upload it.Same bosses but i use genie with tangling mire and extreme poison this time and the results are ....interesting at "killing" time.I hope will be "on air" soon.

Edit:Its confident not confidence mood.Typos happens....

Edit 2:New link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Wp8MHC4OA4
    You will always have followers.Try have opponents...f:shy
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited November 2013
    This thread does not get enough appreciation. D:
    (Insert fancy image here)