Guide ~ Lycaeum of Cultivation

KieraLlew - Dreamweaver
KieraLlew - Dreamweaver Posts: 34 Arc User
edited November 2014 in Venomancer
Hello dear venos!

In this guide, you'll find all you need to know about the Lycaeum of Cultivation. If I happened to forget something, if you find any errors, or have some questions, please let me know! I'll be happy to make some corrections and help you out. :3

1. General information about the instance

You can only enter the instance between 8 am and 11:30 pm server time. To make sure you are entering at the right time, click this link http://pwi.perfectworld.com/status to verify and compare the time of your time zone to your server time.

This instance is reserved for lvl 100+ venomancers. Since this is a solo instance, you cannot enter if you are in a squad.

You will basically have to use guard NPCs and a debuff NPC to kill off waves of mobs that will make their way to the end of the room. Your skills as a veno, speed and memory will be put to the test.

Videos about the instance:
http://www.aipai.com/c15/Pz4kISMiLCVqJWQhLw.html (PWCN version)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KD7ZvQUqh2k&feature=youtu.be (PWI version with tips/hints)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93P2NGxNCWQ&feature=youtu.be (PWI version)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qVChw5rWgs&feature=youtu.be (PWI version)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bejRH0R5OOE&feature=youtu.be (PWI version, non-pk mode)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OlD_VrXetY4&feature=youtu.be (Desdi's method)

2. What do you get for your trouble?

Is this instance worth it? In my opinion, it sure is. It won't take you more than 10 minutes to complete it and walk away with some Feral Soul Stars.

You will be rewarded with Feral Soul Stars depending on the amount of credits you earned. Here are the exact numbers:

From negative to 399 credits: 18 Feral Soul Stars (+9 from quest = 27 Feral Soul Stars)
From 400 to 699 credits: 20 Feral Soul Stars (+9 from quest = 29 Feral Soul Stars)
From 700 to 999 credits: 22 Feral Soul Stars (+9 from quest = 31 Feral Soul Stars)
1000 credits: 26 Feral Soul Stars (+9 from quest = 35 Feral Soul Stars)

~ If you get over 400 credits you have a very low chance of getting a pet skill book, either Claw or Bless.

~ If you get 1000 credits you have a very low chance of getting a venomancer skill book, called Bewitch (Squirrel).

~ "According to PWdatabase, there's a .01% chance of getting either a bless scroll or claw scroll instead of a feral soul star per star on the 400-699 score reward level, going up to a .03% chance for a score of 700+. The bewitch squirrel skillbook has a .04% chance to be awarded instead of a feral soul star (per feral soul star check) for a perfect score, for a real drop rate of just over 1%. " - Mayfly

What can you do with these Feral Soul Stars?

Feral Soul Stars can be used to evolve, reshape, and mood train a pet.

Number of Feral Soul Stars required to evolve a pet:

- 140 Feral Soul Stars, 0 Chienkun Stones
- 75 Feral Soul Stars, 20 Chienkun Stones
- 20 Feral Soul Stars, 90 Chienkun Stones*

* Chienkun Stones can be purchased from the boutique for 1g a piece.

Number of Feral Soul Stars required to reshape a pet:

This number varies depending on the pet you want to reshape. In example, the Heliacal Phoenix needs 16, whereas the Drizzy only needs 10.

Number of Feral Soul Stars required to mood train a pet:

This number also varies depending on the pet you want to mood train. In example, the Heliacal Phoenix needs 20, whereas the Drizzy only needs 14.

Other use for the Feral Soul Stars

You can also use the Feral Soul Stars to level up your pets. Each Feral Soul Star will give your pet 500 exp points, regardless of its level.

~ For detailed information about the evolution system, I strongly suggest Desdi's guide:
http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1604641

3. How to enter

Find your way to Mrs. Zoologist in Archausor, click quests related, and select the Lycaeum of Cultivation Pass quest. Wait a moment to receive the pass*, then take the quest to enter the instance.

* This pass has a 15 minute timer so make sure you want to do the instance within the next 15 minutes before taking the pass. If you take the pass, enter and go afk, you will not be kicked out of the instance if the pass expires. The instance resets after 4 hours, but the quest for the instance expires after 2 hours.

4. What to do once you're inside

Now talk to the officer npc and select [the blue quest]. Another NPC will spawn along with all the guards and the puffbird - ignore it for now.

5. The Guards

To activate* a guard, click it, press Ctrl and click one of your scarab skills**. Each guard will cost you 100 credits, though the first guard is free.

* There's another method to activate a guard. You can press Tab to select the invisible mob in front of it and then use an aoe. I've tried it and it's quite tricky, but you can still give it a shot. Note to those on a PvE server: the Ctrl + click method only works in PK mode.

** Attacking in Fox Form will not work.

When you first activate a guard, it will have an aoe fire attack. If you attack it again (using Ctrl + click skill or tab + aoe), it will switch to an aoe physical attack. Attack it again, and it will go back to its aoe fire attack. Guards only have these these two types of attacks.

If you get close to a guard you will suffer a bit of damage, but nothing worth worrying about. They won't do much more than 10 pts of dmg.

6. The Puffbird

This little guy has three different debuffs:

- HP reduction
- Slow
- Armor break

These debuffs will always cycle in this order. You can cycle through them the same way you activate and switch the guards: Ctrl + click skill or tab + aoe.

7. What to do when?

A message will pop up in the middle of your screen to announce the upcoming waves of mobs. But be careful, it isn't always right. The type of mobs that it announces is correct, but sometimes their resistance is wrong. In example: "A wave of speedy kowlins (fire resistant) is approaching!". Sometimes they will be fire resistant, but other times they will be physical resistant. It's important to be prepared to click on the mobs and check before switching your guards.

Broken Dolls

- Puffbird: HP reduction (1st debuff)
- Guards: either fire or physical since they have no resistance

Raving Teddies

- Guards: depends on resistance (fire for phys res, phys for fire res)

Speedy Kowlins

- Puffbird: Slow (2nd debuff)

Armored Shaodu Cubs

- Puffbird: Armor break (3rd debuff)

Sly Fox

Here's where your pet comes in. Simply send your pet after the Sly Fox and it will die easy. The Sly Foxes are announced by a pop up message.

Cactopod*

Use Soul Degeneration and it will die easily.

Dino*

Purge it and it will die easily.

Turtle*

Kill it with your scarabs.

*These three special mobs are also announced by a pop up message: "Feral souls are entering the Lycaeum of Cultivation!".

The final boss

Quoted from Desdi:

"The boss needs to have all the debuffs thus it's generally adviced to use Parasitic Nova to freeze it in place and change the puffbird debuff at the same time so then you'll only need to attack the puffbird one more time and the boss will have all three debuffs on it. The mode of the guards doesn't matter.

Additionally, if you keep rotating through Parasitic Nova and Stunning Blow (get ready to burn some serious chi here, Demon Venomancers are adviced to have Cloud Eruption on genie) you can actually get the boss killed without needing all guards up. A successful rotation of those two skills will keep the boss locked down long enough that usually the last 2-3 guards don't even get to touch it. "

8. Once you're done

Once all the waves have passed, make your way to the center and talk to the NPC to receive your reward.

9. Useful strategies

~ Always check the mobs to see if they are physical or fire resistant before switching your guards.

~ The first method you can use to do the instance is to switch the puffbird accordind to the wave, followed by the guard next to the puffbird, then the guard next to that guard, etc... in this order. If you do so, you will have enough time to kill the full wave even if you have a lot of guards to switch. If you happen to be on the other side of the room, just use Holy Path and switch them in this order.

~ Another method would be to activate either the middle, first or last guard and start from the end to make your way to the beginning because it gives you more time to switch the guards.

~ Use a pet either with high DD, speed, or a ranged pet, set it on manual* and put bash or bleed as its first attack so it can finish off the Sly Foxes easily. A flying pet isn't recommended because it apparently has a tendancy to stow itself or get stuck.

* If it's set on automatic and was attacking a guard, it might refuse to stop attacking it.

~ You can halt your pet either at the spawn or in the center of the instance so it can kill the Sly Foxes ASAP. Halting it in the center will prevent you from unsummoning it, no matter where you are in the instance.

~ Have your speed buff on and use -chan gear if you have any. If the puffbird is set on its slow debuff and you get close to it, you'll lose your speed buff, so keep an eye on that.

~ Time is of the essence! As soon as a pop up message announces one of the special mobs, switch to Fox Form and go get it*! By the time you purge/soul degen the mob, your cooldown will be over so you can switch back right away and be ready for the next wave.

* Check which one it is though, because the turtle needs to be killed with your scarabs.

10. Frequently encountered problems

First off, here are a few threads on this subject that you could keep an eye on.

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1613411
http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1604571
http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1608221
http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1606661
http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1605491

List of frequently encountered problems:

~ I activated X guard(s), but the next one refuses to activate!

This instance is very axed on perfection. As soon as you make a mistake (ie: a few mobs go through, you fail to kill a special mob), you lose credits. Each credit is very important, especially on the first few waves, because you need 100 credits to activate a guard. On the later waves it's less crucial if you make a small mistake because you earn a bit more than 100 credits for a perfect wave.

~ Okay, but I have over 100 credits and it still refuses to activate!

Make sure you are looking at "Current credits" and not "Credits gained". "Current credits" are the ones you can use, "Credits gained" is your score on which your reward will be based.

~ I use the tab + aoe method, and the guard doesn't switch mode!

Unfortunately, that's a glitch. The only solution I know of for now is to use the Ctrl + click skill method.

~ I entered the instance, but no quest is available!

Make sure you are entering at the right time. See first paragraph of section 1. of the guide.

~ I entered the instance, start the quest, the guards and puffbird appear, but the waves won't start!

The first wave only spawns once you activated your first guard.

~ I entered the instance, start the quest, the guards and puffbird appear, I activated my first guard, but the waves won't start!

I suppose this is another glitch. I wish you better luck the next day!

~ How do I know which stance the guards are in?

Quoted from Chelestine:

"There is quite a noticable difference in the animation for the physical/fire attacks that's without having to click on them separately.

Screenie of attack stances: http://s1327.photobucket.com/user/rishaal1/media/Perfect%20World/Lycaeumguards_zps7d372092.jpg.html

They will also speak as you switch stances.

The physical guard has a purple aura around it, very much like the clerics' Violet Dance stance. In fact, it's the exact same one.
Text: "I'll cut down any and all who face me!"

The fire guard has a reddish glow under it.
Text: "Errgh! How infuriating! I'm going to drown this place in fire!"

From a distance the details aren't noticable but you should still be able to tell the difference by the colour. The actual attack (white buff thingy) looks the same for both. "

Sources and special thanks:

~ RankNine - Momaganon

~ Mayfly - Dreamweaver

~ Desdi - Sanctuary

~ Veneir - Dreamweaver

~ Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands

~ Chelestine - Heavens Tear

Thank you very much to everyone who helped me with additional information, suggestions, feedback and corrections. <3

Change log

- Initial post of the guide
- Added video links
- Made some corrections
- Added suggestions in "Useful strategies"
- Added info about Feral Soul Stars
- Added info about the final boss
- Linked Desdi's guide in the Feral Soul Star section

- Added change log
- Corrected Feral Soul Star numbers

7/19/2013

- Replaced "normal mobs" with "raving teddies" and "broken dolls" information
- Added section 10. Frequently encountered problems
- Added information in section 2. What do you get for your trouble?

8/2/2013

- Added answer to question in the last section

03/11/2014

-Removed the part about the one time quest and the extra npc that is no longer available.

Well that about sums it up. I hope it will be helpful!

~Kinna
Post edited by KieraLlew - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    * This pass has a 15 minute timer so make sure you want to do the instance within the next 15 minutes before taking the pass. If you take the pass, enter and go afk, you will not be kicked out of the instance if the pass expires. Though I believe the instance resets after 2 or 3 hours (will confirm this tomorrow).

The instance resets after 4 hours, like most others. (noticed this one day on entry.)
    5. The Guards

Walk to the first guard besides the puffbird, click it, press Ctrl and click your Venomous Scarab* skill. This is how you activate a guard. Each guard will cost you 100 credits, though this first guard is free.

It doesn't have to be the first guard, it can be any of them. Note that your method only works if you're in PK mode; for PVEers who don't want to go PK, you must tab to the invisible mob in front of one of the guards and use Noxious Gas or Parasitic Nova so the AOE hits the guard (and then might as well go AFK until end, as there's no way you're going to get a good score.)
    Turtle*

Kill it with your scarabs. It can be a little tricky to kill so you might want to use Holy Path to catch up to it.

Parasitic Nova will freeze it (if the effect procs) giving you more time to kill before it runs out of range and you have to chase it again (it's immune to stuns so Lucky Scarab won't freeze it; not sure if the slow effect of Frost Scarab will affect it.) Summer sprint is enough to catch up to it, especially as you have inside lines to shorten your travel distance, Holy Path is just a convenience.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Kinnacat - Lost City
    Kinnacat - Lost City Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The instance resets after 4 hours, like most others. (noticed this one day on entry.)

It doesn't have to be the first guard, it can be any of them. Note that your method only works if you're in PK mode; for PVEers who don't want to go PK, you must tab to the invisible mob in front of one of the guards and use Noxious Gas or Parasitic Nova so the AOE hits the guard (and then might as well go AFK until end, as there's no way you're going to get a good score.)

Parasitic Nova will freeze it (if the effect procs) giving you more time to kill before it runs out of range and you have to chase it again (it's immune to stuns so Lucky Scarab won't freeze it; not sure if the slow effect of Frost Scarab will affect it.) Summer sprint is enough to catch up to it, especially as you have inside lines to shorten your travel distance, Holy Path is just a convenience.

Alright thanks, I guess I mixed it up with the side quest that has a 2h timer.

Tabbing the invisible mob is very hard imo, hence why I suggested the Ctrl + click skill method. I'm pretty sure I mentioned the tab somewhere. If they don't want to switch to pk that's their choice. =/ I'll make a note about that though.

I wouldn't use that aoe because you risk accidently switching a guard. =/
    I meant to use HP if you're further away from it.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Well..I did have a bunch of info on the Lycaeum with links and all here xD
    I guess this is a little more organised but you're missing a few things so I'd suggest taking a look at what I wrote there so you can fill in whatever you're missing.

Don't forget to add the video links as well, they are pretty nice especially the one that includes tips in the video itself.

Other notes:
    - The pet doesn't necessarily have to be your hardest hitting one. A ranged pet can do wonders as well or a fast moving pet such as the Kowlin.

I wouldn't recommend a flying pet because it seems to be a little buggy and whilst it can work well it seems to have the tendency to stow itself or get stuck or whatever.
    I've never used it myself but other people have reported so.

It's ideal to Halt your pet near the NPC because then the pet will be in the foxes' way but whatever works for people. Some prefer to have pet on follow.

- Like Mayfly noted, it doesn't have to be the first guard. For a lot of people, it works better to activate the middle guard first or last guard and start from the end towards the beginning. It allows you more time to switch the guard's modes.

- Another random note is that the special monsters always appear before the next wave starts, usually by the time the old wave dies. The boss appears right after the last special monster.

- The boss needs to have all the debuffs thus it's generally adviced to use Parasitic Nova to freeze it in place and change the puffbird debuff at the same time so then you'll only need to attack the puffbird one more time and the boss will have all three debuffs on it. The mode of the guards doesn't matter.

Additionally, if you keep rotating through Parasitic Nova and Stunning Blow (get ready to burn some serious chi here, Demon Venomancers are adviced to have Cloud Eruption on genie) you can actually get the boss killed without needing all guards up. A successful rotation of those two skills will keep the boss locked down long enough that usually the last 2-3 guards don't even get to touch it.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Kinnacat - Lost City
    edited July 2013
    Well..I did have a bunch of info on the Lycaeum with links and all here xD
    I guess this is a little more organised but you're missing a few things so I'd suggest taking a look at what I wrote there so you can fill in whatever you're missing.

Don't forget to add the video links as well, they are pretty nice especially the one that includes tips in the video itself.

Other notes:
    - The pet doesn't necessarily have to be your hardest hitting one. A ranged pet can do wonders as well or a fast moving pet such as the Kowlin.

I wouldn't recommend a flying pet because it seems to be a little buggy and whilst it can work well it seems to have the tendency to stow itself or get stuck or whatever.
    I've never used it myself but other people have reported so.

It's ideal to Halt your pet near the NPC because then the pet will be in the foxes' way but whatever works for people. Some prefer to have pet on follow.

- Like Mayfly noted, it doesn't have to be the first guard. For a lot of people, it works better to activate the middle guard first or last guard and start from the end towards the beginning. It allows you more time to switch the guard's modes.

- Another random note is that the special monsters always appear before the next wave starts, usually by the time the old wave dies. The boss appears right after the last special monster.

- The boss needs to have all the debuffs thus it's generally adviced to use Parasitic Nova to freeze it in place and change the puffbird debuff at the same time so then you'll only need to attack the puffbird one more time and the boss will have all three debuffs on it. The mode of the guards don't matter.

Additionally, if you keep rotating through Parasitic Nova and Stunning Blow (get ready to burn some serious chi here, Demon Venomancers are adviced to have Cloud Eruption on genie) you can actually get the boss killed without needing all guards up. A successfully rotation of those two skills will be the boss locked down long enough that usually the last 2-3 guards don't even get to touch it.

I was actually about to link your guide. I noticed you had a section on the instance but I thought your focus was mostly on the evolution of the pets, skills, and so on. Sorry if I've offended you. =[

Thanks for the additional info, I'll add it in.
  • Veneir - Dreamweaver
    Veneir - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,541 Arc User
    edited July 2013

The instance itself resets after four hours, but the quest to do the instance expires two hours after you enter the lyceum.

Yeah I was disgruntled/surprised to not see a Desdi-wesdi or the link to the old Lyceum Discussion thread in the sources thing OTL

I normally put my pet on stay right in the center of the middle circle, so that no matter where I am in order to activate guards, he won't unsummon due to distance. :3
    "Clearly, the only logical option is Squid." -Decus <コ:彡 <コ:彡
    I'm helplessly needless, and needless to say I owe you | Well I'd pull, teeter away, at the earth with my teeth, to touch your face alive | You lie, helplessly still | As your face falls apart | Well I can make your face brand new | Come take my hand and I'll take your hand | And I will pull you out | Into the sun.
    First fell into an army of noob mobs on 19/3/2009~ Upside-down fox and old-colour squid <┻┻~ [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I've only used parasitic nova on the turtle before it reached the puffbird.

Venomous Scarab is not the fastest channeling scarab; its channeling is 1.5 seconds, same as the other non-AOE scarabs, and cast is 1.0, compared to 0.8 seconds for the other non-AOE scarabs. It does have the advantage of costing less mana than any other scarab though.

Tabbing to the invisible mob when there are mobs coming is hard... but if you just want to activate one guard to get the event rolling, it's easy.

I'm pretty sure the teddies (your "normal mobs") can also be physical or fire resistant.

Sly foxes are best dealt with by a ranged pet or a fast, high attack pet. I've found the scorpion to be too slow to be effective; the cacto is very effective, especially when evolved.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited July 2013
    I was actually about to link your guide. I noticed you had a section on the instance but I thought your focus was mostly on the evolution of the pets, skills, and so on. Sorry if I've offended you. =[

Thanks for the additional info, I'll add it in.

I didn't get offended but just thought it was weird you were missing some stuff that was included there so I assumed you somehow missed it. b:chuckle
  • Kinnacat - Lost City
    edited July 2013

The instance itself resets after four hours, but the quest to do the instance expires two hours after you enter the lyceum.

Yeah I was disgruntled/surprised to not see a Desdi-wesdi or the link to the old Lyceum Discussion thread in the sources thing OTL

I normally put my pet on stay right in the center of the middle circle, so that no matter where I am in order to activate guards, he won't unsummon due to distance. :3

I'm sorry for your disappointment. As I said above, I was going to link Desdi's guide. My guide is still under construction and I've got a few things to add. I noted that I'm still proofreading and modifying, so this isn't the final version. I posted it because I know that the forums sometimes bug when you spend too long writing a post. It's happened before where I lost everything. =/

I've tried centering my pet though it unsummoned anyways. o.o I guess it was just a bug. I'll add that. =]
    I've only used parasitic nova on the turtle before it reached the puffbird.

Venomous Scarab is not the fastest channeling scarab; its channeling is 1.5 seconds, same as the other non-AOE scarabs, and cast is 1.0, compared to 0.8 seconds for the other non-AOE scarabs. It does have the advantage of costing less mana than any other scarab though.

Tabbing to the invisible mob when there are mobs coming is hard... but if you just want to activate one guard to get the event rolling, it's easy.

I'm pretty sure the teddies (your "normal mobs") can also be physical or fire resistant.

Sly foxes are best dealt with by a ranged pet or a fast, high attack pet. I've found the scorpion to be too slow to be effective; the cacto is very effective, especially when evolved.

I'm sorry, I haven't remember everything yet since I started playing again. I suppose I should have checked.

My mistakes - I will fix them shortly.

---

I'm very sorry if I offended or upset anyone with making this guide. I have always loved helping people, and I thought that this is what I was doing. Please forgive me. b:surrender I will do my very best to modify it in a way that I can make everyone happy.
  • kenpachikensai
    kenpachikensai Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    For me, I set pet [mines is Helacial Phoenix] to hold + Manual control [set my pet attack Hotkey as Alt +1] by teleporter. Whenever Sly Fox appears, I select Fox and click my hotkey. Once fox dies [usually in one or two hits depending on Flesh Ream Cooldown], Nix goes back to it's previous position.

For Rock-hard Tortoise, I use Demon Noxious Gas just once before puffbird and it dies extremely quickly from the DoT. No need to chase, or use additional skills. This is with a TT99 Weapon +6 and Demon Noxious Gas.
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited July 2013

Normal mobs

You know the mobs are normal when the message doesn't state any resistance.

- Guards: fire or physical

Except the first wave broken dolls, the waves raving teddies have a resistance.

The rest is great. =)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Kinnacat - Lost City
    edited July 2013
    Except the first wave broken dolls, the waves raving teddies have a resistance.

The rest is great. =)

That's weird I was sure I fixed that. o.o; Looks like I copy pasted wrong from my saved document. xD

And thanks. :3
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited July 2013
    From negative to 399 credits: 18 Feral Soul Stars (+9 from quest = 26 Feral Soul Stars)
    From 400 to 699 credits: 20 Feral Soul Stars (+9 from quest = 28 Feral Soul Stars)
    From 700 to 999 credits: 22 Feral Soul Stars (+9 from quest = 30 Feral Soul Stars)
    1000 credits: 26 Feral Soul Stars (+9 from quest = 34 Feral Soul Stars)

That's a little off D: it's 27, 29, 31 and 36 stars respectively. Last one should probably be 35 but I'm pretty positive it's 36 and doesn't follow the pattern of the other quests. Will check again today when I run the instance.
  • Kinnacat - Lost City
    edited July 2013
    From negative to 399 credits: 18 Feral Soul Stars (+9 from quest = 26 Feral Soul Stars)
    From 400 to 699 credits: 20 Feral Soul Stars (+9 from quest = 28 Feral Soul Stars)
    From 700 to 999 credits: 22 Feral Soul Stars (+9 from quest = 30 Feral Soul Stars)
    1000 credits: 26 Feral Soul Stars (+9 from quest = 34 Feral Soul Stars)

That's a little off D: it's 27, 29, 31 and 36 stars respectively. Last one should probably be 35 but I'm pretty positive it's 36 and doesn't follow the pattern of the other quests. Will check again today when I run the instance.

Dang haha sorry about that. I had been working on the guide for 4 & 1/2 hours straight when I did that part. My brain was very tired. f:sweat Thanks for the correction. f:laugh
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited July 2013
    Dang haha sorry about that. I had been working on the guide for 4 & 1/2 hours straight when I did that part. My brain was very tired. f:sweat Thanks for the correction. f:laugh

Speaking of which, I'd suggest keeping a change log so others can keep track of your guide or check if there are new things updated since you're still modifying it.

Here's some examples: 1 2 3

You don't have to do it of course, just thought it's a neat little thing to add.

• Kinnacat - Lost City
    edited July 2013
    Speaking of which, I'd suggest keeping a change log so others can keep track of your guide or check if there are new things updated since you're still modifying it.

Here's some examples: 1 2 3

You don't have to do it of course, just thought it's a neat little thing to add.

Alright I can do that.

I was thinking of adding a section called "Frequent problems encountered" inspired by a few threads and offer the solutions. Would that be a good idea?
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited July 2013
    Alright I can do that.

I was thinking of adding a section called "Frequent problems encountered" inspired by a few threads and offer the solutions. Would that be a good idea?

Yeah, a lot of people seem to come across problems in the new instance so that will be most useful to themf:cute
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited July 2013
    Forgive my double posting but I just wanted to confirm that it is 35 stars indeed. For some odd reason I thought it was 36 :P I might have had one extra star with me that time or something.
  • Kinnacat - Lost City
    edited July 2013
    Forgive my double posting but I just wanted to confirm that it is 35 stars indeed. For some odd reason I thought it was 36 :P I might have had one extra star with me that time or something.

Alright thanks for the confirmation. ^.^ Will edit that right away~
    edited July 2013
    That's weird I was sure I fixed that. o.o; Looks like I copy pasted wrong from my saved document. xD

And thanks. :3

You should maybe write broken dolls waves (no resistances) and raving teddies, cause someone that never done the event might don't know what's normal wave is since there's not really normal waves. =)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Kinnacat - Lost City
    edited July 2013
    You should maybe write broken dolls waves (no resistances) and raving teddies, cause someone that never done the event might don't know what's normal wave is since there's not really normal waves. =)

Hmm alright, I'll modify that.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited July 2013
    I ended up making a video too lol, here. If you want to add it to the list.

I've also decided to change the links on my post like this. Just throwing this out here in case you want to follow a similar pattern. I figured it's better to name the " X's method" because it's a little less confusing than just saying "oh look, another video!". b:chuckle
    edited July 2013

For Rock-hard Tortoise, I use Demon Noxious Gas just once before puffbird and it dies extremely quickly from the DoT. No need to chase, or use additional skills. This is with a TT99 Weapon +6 and Demon Noxious Gas.

I tried that the other day after read that, that wasn't enough to kill it and I use a +5 G16 Glaive, but I don't have that skill lvl11, also I was in a rush with sly fox and everything so I did it a bit late and since it's a AOE that did change my puff and also activated my first guard on fire (which I didn't saw till I realize my wave failed cause that guard was on fire on a fire resistance wave and the mob didn't die by the DoT.

So my suggestion for people that want to try to use that skill is:

1) Do it at the second the mob appear, cause if you do it later it can change your guards and puff attack/debuff.

2) If you don't have the demon (or sage) version of NG use 1-2 times VS to be sure it will die. (unless you have a +12 weapon, but for me with a G16+5 only that skill wasn't enough)

So depending on the skill lvl and weapon, keep a eye on the mob the first time you try it and also use NG when the mob appear, if you was too far and the mob reach close to the puff don't use it cause the AOE will change the puff and guard.

Other than that yues it save time when I do NG than 2 times VS it die by the DoT. I will try to check to get NG demon. =)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Kinnacat - Lost City
    edited July 2013
    I ended up making a video too lol, here. If you want to add it to the list.

I've also decided to change the links on my post like this. Just throwing this out here in case you want to follow a similar pattern. I figured it's better to name the " X's method" because it's a little less confusing than just saying "oh look, another video!". b:chuckle

Alright I'll add your video. ^.^

Well my goal definitely isn't to copy you. =/ And I actually don't know how to change a link's name. >.<
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited July 2013
    Alright I'll add your video. ^.^

Well my goal definitely isn't to copy you. =/ And I actually don't know how to change a link's name. >.<

Links have this format;

[ URL = " URL HERE" ] NAME HERE[ /URL ]

When you add an URL the "NAME HERE" is set as the URL by default but you can change that into anything.
    And don't worry about the copying, there's not much else you can do with links anyway b:chuckle

• Kinnacat - Lost City
    edited July 2013
    Links have this format;

[ URL = " URL HERE" ] NAME HERE[ /URL ]

When you add an URL the "NAME HERE" is set as the URL by default but you can change that into anything.
    And don't worry about the copying, there's not much else you can do with links anyway b:chuckle

Oh alright thanks. ^.^ And ok hehe.
  • kenpachikensai
    kenpachikensai Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I tried that the other day after read that, that wasn't enough to kill it and I use a +5 G16 Glaive, but I don't have that skill lvl11, also I was in a rush with sly fox and everything so I did it a bit late and since it's a AOE that did change my puff and also activated my first guard on fire (which I didn't saw till I realize my wave failed cause that guard was on fire on a fire resistance wave and the mob didn't die by the DoT.

So my suggestion for people that want to try to use that skill is:

1) Do it at the second the mob appear, cause if you do it later it can change your guards and puff attack/debuff.

2) If you don't have the demon (or sage) version of NG use 1-2 times VS to be sure it will die. (unless you have a +12 weapon, but for me with a G16+5 only that skill wasn't enough)

So depending on the skill lvl and weapon, keep a eye on the mob the first time you try it and also use NG when the mob appear, if you was too far and the mob reach close to the puff don't use it cause the AOE will change the puff and guard.

Other than that yues it save time when I do NG than 2 times VS it die by the DoT. I will try to check to get NG demon. =)

Ah, since I had Demon Noxious Gas, I couldn't test if Level 10 was enough or not. Good to know Level 10 Noxious Gas requires an extra Scarab or two. And yes, it is best to use it before puffbird if possible.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited August 2013
    Just saw the section for the frequently encountered problems, good job!
    A lot of Venomancers seem to confuse the current credits with the gained credits or forget they need 100 credits to activate a guard or their pet stows itself etc. and then get frustrated :<
  • Kittennice - Heavens Tear
    Kittennice - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Thankies for the guide
    It really helped a lot
    b:victory

Also I found if you don't want to go in pk mode, you can use the genie skill Earthquake when near the npc instead of tabbing
    The VenoX: Heavy Pure Melee (Axe User with a hint of magic) Venomancer and Proud
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^
    {=^.^=} < I'll never give up. Never give in. )

I'm for The Cursed!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=656132
  • Asishi - Archosaur
    Asishi - Archosaur Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    First off, nice guide, many thanks. It saved me a good pile of headaches figuring out how to start hitting 1000s.

Second off, two things you'll want to note:

1. The most effective way to manage guards is activating the second to last first, then moving toward the first as you activate each new one. Activate the last guard LAST, if at all. That way you have the longest lapse between puffbird changing and the mobs reaching your first guard. Additionally, skip the last guard because he's a bit glitchy. If you activate him on the first wave and watch, he'll miss a couple mobs. Not sure why this happens, but it happens, and only on him.

2. Sage/Demon Parasitic Nova is a must. I don't have it yet, so I fire it with the puffbird on def debuffs in case the immobilize fails (67% chance on L10, 95% on D/S). If you can lock him down long enough, you can get by without the slow, it just won't be fun.
  • ortini
    ortini Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Can't start waves for couple weeks now, can't select puffbird or guards. Any idea if this is being fixed?? I will not switch to PvP to do this.