Evolved Pets and their uber damage

Pelli - Dreamweaver
Pelli - Dreamweaver Posts: 125 Arc User
edited July 2013 in Venomancer
So, I'm curious. I got my evolved dino this morning, and I'm in love with it. So, I'm curious about what kind of damage are your pets able to dish out on mobs.

My personal highest for my dino is 58k on Cannon with HF on the boss b:victory
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ponies! :3
Post edited by Pelli - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I haven't done much pve with my evolved pets, I have done mostly pvp. But my nix used to deal 4 digit damage to the mobs outside Silver Pool, now it deals 5 digit damage. b:chuckle

The monkey king is awesome btw. It can control other players so well. Yesterday a r9-3 sin was trying to run away from me, but I blocked every attempt he made to run, which was both of his running skills, and 2 holy paths. This is because monkey king has 2 stuns, one only has 30 sec cd, and is aoe. And, also has a immobilize, with short cooldown. On top of this his unique skill "combat saint" increases his resistance to player's attacks by 60%. My Wu Kong even takes less damage than meb:laugh

I'm really happy with Wu Kong.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'm like the opposite of Azura, lol.
    I haven't done any PvP ever since the pet upgrade, I rarely get the chance to do it (only 2pm TWs these days) so I don't know how well my evolved Phoenix would fare. I still need to Reshape and reroll mood.

On the other hand, I'm very happy with my Harpy. It was dealing about ~10k+30k damage on Warsong bosses, that's about 40k damage every two seconds with debuffs. That is before I Reshaped/Rerolled her and got her a bigger damage boost so I'm curious to see how well she'll do with her new damage.

She was dealing about 26k damage average on lvl20 monsters outside Archosaur when I did a quick test.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • OO_Venus_Oo - Momaganon
    OO_Venus_Oo - Momaganon Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    My Imperial Skeleton did 81k dmg on the first tower boss in lunar, it had sage amp, subsea, armor break and seeker def lvl debuff on it but no hf b:victory
  • helovesu
    helovesu Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'm like the opposite of Azura, lol.
    I haven't done any PvP ever since the pet upgrade, I rarely get the chance to do it (only 2pm TWs these days) so I don't know how well my evolved Phoenix would fare. I still need to Reshape and reroll mood.

On the other hand, I'm very happy with my Harpy. It was dealing about ~10k+30k damage on Warsong bosses, that's about 40k damage every two seconds with debuffs. That is before I Reshaped/Rerolled her and got her a bigger damage boost so I'm curious to see how well she'll do with her new damage.

She was dealing about 26k damage average on lvl20 monsters outside Archosaur when I did a quick test.

Did the harpy get the agros moved to her?

I do not know if she is squishy or not.
  • mistressmuerta
    mistressmuerta Posts: 152 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I have to agree with azura here the monkey is amazing and the dmg is quite good i ran a few experiments by removing flesh ream and replacing it with toxic mist to compliment demon VS since it is the easiest skill to relearn and i must say he can also do quite a bit of magic dmg on a purged enemy. it hit 2.2k on my r9 barb friend and 3.7k with a mind break..i forgot to amp in the test so it wud problaby be 4k and some change with a mindbreak and amp. my monkey got a pve personality QQ but i will reroll however his coeficents were epic
    62 attack 70 attack lvl 8 hp 48 def lvl 13 res...his control skills also work very well with the cool downs of the venomancer cool downs...i can only imagine how much damage the pets will output if any1 achieves the max inheritance..
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited June 2013
    helovesu wrote: »
    Did the harpy get the agros moved to her?

I do not know if she is squishy or not.

She didn't, we had a pretty strong squad, but she does steal aggro occasionally.

She can take a hit or two at most on warsong bosses if they attack her directly. The Harpy is a little squishy but then again it also depends on the HP/Defence/Defence LVL inherit she gets and the boost from your gear.

I can't say my Harpy has died too much, she's doing pretty well but like most pets, she can get overwhelmed by too mamy monsters and she's not designed to tank bosses (no room for Strong/Protect either). I have yet to try her on Blackhole, I think she'd do well tanking him (because there's no way I'll keep aggro off Harpy there).
  • Castgurl - Raging Tide
    Castgurl - Raging Tide Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'm more than sure that most venos here have evolved their nix and have witnessed first hand the absolutely outstanding damage that it can do but...

OMFG

When I saw mine doing over 15k damage to the freaking TT bosses I was like...

b:shutup

And then...

b:cry

And THEN....

b:dirty

I love my evolved Nix!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Castgurl.com - Beast Domes comic soon to be under contract.
    People that act tough in this game are the lowest people irl...
    2nd RB Veno 103/TooLazy/TooLazy (I will update.)
    2nd RB Sage Barb - Lrugtasc (Active)
    Youtube/Castgurl - PWI
    Facebook/BeastDomes and you can find it on Google+
    If you flame me or disrespect me I will BL you. No questions asked. b:kiss
  • Regenbogen - Lost City
    Regenbogen - Lost City Posts: 1,559 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    here's my pve experience with evolved herc...named it "Me>Barbs" btw

mine ended up with 3 aoe aggro skills so i tried tanking bh gv3 with it...

well its an aggro machine...

after a while our bm asked me if he could get barb buffs from it too...b:laugh
    i am waiting for you my little flagcarriers b:kiss
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited June 2013

b:chuckle
    Makes me eager to evolve mine now, can't wait to try him out.
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    monkey king has 2 stuns, one only has 30 sec cd, and is aoe. And, also has a immobilize, with short cooldown. On top of this his unique skill "combat saint" increases his resistance to player's attacks by 60%.

brb rolling veno
    you only purge once #yopo
  • DeffyNature - Archosaur
    DeffyNature - Archosaur Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    here's my pve experience with evolved herc...named it "Me>Barbs" btw

mine ended up with 3 aoe aggro skills so i tried tanking bh gv3 with it...

3 AoEs ? Do tell, please, what skills did it get ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    3 AoEs ? Do tell, please, what skills did it get ?

That would probably be confident (Howl and Provoking) + the aoe all get.

Mine can hold aggro in RB if it can live. It's better though for me to do some aoes before I end up heal spamming.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited June 2013
    Did a warsong today, also recorded it to post it later; Harpy was dealing about 50k-55k damage on the bosses with debuffs (during the peak when all debuffs are present). That's about every 2 second with her Ice Stick skill. Not bad not bad o.o
  • DeffyNature - Archosaur
    DeffyNature - Archosaur Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    tweakz wrote: »
    That would probably be confident (Howl and Provoking) + the aoe all get.

Mine can hold aggro in RB if it can live. It's better though for me to do some aoes before I end up heal spamming.

Yup, I misread the original post, instead of herc I read nix, and I knew nix didn't get and exclusive aoe, that's where my confusion arose.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • dupethefile
    dupethefile Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    This topic have remembered me a video that a friend sent me a some time ago: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Rf1mauyWC
    If this guy can deal so much damage before this expansion, imagine now.
    I'm trying to farm my monkey king or harpy, I didn't decide what pet I will buy first.
  • tweakz
    edited June 2013
    Imperial Skeleton:

4966 HP (with Bless)
    4797 Patk

Heliacal Phoenix:

4165 HP (with Bless)
    6297 Patk

-this is just currently how they are. Bone sickle goes a long way for the Skeleton's dd as it's one-shotting mobs the nix needs 2-3 shots for with it, and it has bash rather than pounce.

I actually still have no use for the Nix atm, but plan to re-roll it's mood.
  • Jadsia - Lost City
    Jadsia - Lost City Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I haven't done much pve with my evolved pets, I have done mostly pvp. But my nix used to deal 4 digit damage to the mobs outside Silver Pool, now it deals 5 digit damage. b:chuckle

The monkey king is awesome btw. It can control other players so well. Yesterday a r9-3 sin was trying to run away from me, but I blocked every attempt he made to run, which was both of his running skills, and 2 holy paths. This is because monkey king has 2 stuns, one only has 30 sec cd, and is aoe. And, also has a immobilize, with short cooldown. On top of this his unique skill "combat saint" increases his resistance to player's attacks by 60%. My Wu Kong even takes less damage than meb:laugh

I'm really happy with Wu Kong.

Wow. I'm so thrilled it's working out for you and that you like it. I felt really bad reading your WC after you accidentally bought mats that made it instead of the Harpy. Watching it fight that BM in Lost City actually made me want one too.

My nix is a true PvP creature again. I'm somewhat happy with the new stats it got.

It's mood is Seasoned with the Ares and Spirit skills.

HP - 4403
    Phy Res is 10174
    Mag Res is 12479
    Evade 1715 Accuracy 2916
    Phy Attack is 6646

Inherited Stats

Phy Attack 59/75
    Defense 6/20
    HP 12/20
    Attack level 70/90
    Defense level 18/60

I knew the new stats would be based on our veno's current stats so I decided to do an experiment. Not sure how much of an effect this would have but I added a rune to my weapon and used those pots that drop in the new Abaddon that give us one hour attack and defense buffs to increase my HP and attack and resistances before I evolved my nix. I was hoping those increases in my stats from the pots and rune would transfer into the nix. I don't have anything to compare it to since I don't know what they would be without the buffs.

I figured the the defenses on my nix would be low so I decided to replace some of the nix's legendary skills with the herc skills. LOL! So I have Claw, Strong, Protect, and Reflect on the nix.

As far as DD is concerned I I haven't really got to see how it does on bosses with other party member buffs but I did try it out on the smoothe antione test mob in arch. With my amp, extreme poison, the nix's new amp skill, claw, and natural synergy it eats the mob with 36K peak and 22K average with the buffs and 12K to 14K with no buffs at all.

Haven't evolved my herc yet. Maybe next week.
    I **** bigger than you...

Shut up and play the game.....Damn
  • SaphiraDemon - Archosaur
    SaphiraDemon - Archosaur Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013

I knew the new stats would be based on our veno's current stats so I decided to do an experiment. Not sure how much of an effect this would have but I added a rune to my weapon and used those pots that drop in the new Abaddon that give us one hour attack and defense buffs to increase my HP and attack and resistances before I evolved my nix. I was hoping those increases in my stats from the pots and rune would transfer into the nix. I don't have anything to compare it to since I don't know what they would be without the buffs.

Your pets stats won't be affected by that at all, they change every time you summon it. For example, if you call it with a piece of gear off, it's stats will be lower than normal, until you call it again with the gear on.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited June 2013
    Hm, I doubt pets get affected by buffs of any kind, including what you described above. They work pretty much like the Mystic summons.

Otherwise, everyone would just buff up and triple spark to summon their pets
  • mistressmuerta
    mistressmuerta Posts: 152 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The herc is an absolute badass.....i evovled mine yesterday and it solod comoforce and general feng....i tough is a good compliment to his exclusive skill but i taught mine shriek instead to cancel boss aoes...the most damage comoforce null could do was 2.3k when it was at about 5% health buffed b4 i purged him...lol herc has 11k hp
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited June 2013
    The herc is an absolute badass.....i evovled mine yesterday and it solod comoforce and general feng....i tough is a good compliment to his exclusive skill but i taught mine shriek instead to cancel boss aoes...the most damage comoforce null could do was 2.3k when it was at about 5% health buffed b4 i purged him...lol herc has 11k hp

Sounds good. Two more days and I'll have mine!
  • tweakz
    edited June 2013
    [COLOR="]Hm, I doubt pets get affected by buffs of any kind, including what you described above. They work pretty much like the Mystic summons.

Otherwise, everyone would just buff up and triple spark to summon their pets @.@[/COLOR]

There was a genie skill that increases summon dmg dealt by ~8% and stays effective. I don't know if it still works.
    Go into a raging frenzy,
    Lowers your Defense and Spell Resistance and increases your Attack Level.
    The more Defense and Resistance are reduced, the more Attack level will be increased.
    Level 1:
    Reduces Defense and Resistance by 55% gear value.
    Increases Attack level by 11.
    Lasts for 8 secs.
    (Available when you have more than 75 energy.)

Strength: Every 10 Genie Strength points decreases energy cost by 1.

-http://pwi.ecatomb.net/genieskill.php
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited June 2013
    tweakz wrote: »
    There was a genie skill that increases summon dmg dealt by ~8% and stays effective. I don't know if it still works.

-http://pwi.ecatomb.net/genieskill.php

That's interesting, though I have no way of testing it now. I'd have to find a genie with said skill.
  • tweakz
    edited June 2013
    Damage test done on Aboride Dryad using Celestial Giant using no skills or buffs on pet

With +10r8 Pataka, no Frenzy

With Pataka + Frenzy

With +12 ns3 wand

With wand + Frenzy

Rhinodrake Megalith using L10 Astral Pestle

Pestle + Frenzy

I had close to 50 attack levels for the tests above, aside from the wand giving 40 more attack levels.

Stripped all attack levels, no weapon

Stripped + Frenzy

*Conclusive evidence to show that it makes a difference, however with already high attack levels; it's not going to mean much.
  • Jadsia - Lost City
    Jadsia - Lost City Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Your pets stats won't be affected by that at all, they change every time you summon it. For example, if you call it with a piece of gear off, it's stats will be lower than normal, until you call it again with the gear on.

Thanks for the info. I was unclear how the stat thing regarding our gears worked.

I did a damage test on a level 120 boss in Derjan's Rest that had 5 mil HP with my nix this morning. with my amps and extreme poison I was hitting it with 12K to 16K. Add natural synergy and the new nix skill I was hitting 24K to 32K. It was tanking the boss taking 425 HP hits too. It does better than my herc until I get a chance to evolve it too. I'm thrilled to be able to solo a boss in 5 min or less with the nix that used to take me 20 mins or more with the herc. TT (HH for us on lost city server) will be faster and more profitable now.
    I **** bigger than you...

Shut up and play the game.....Damn
  • tweakz
    edited June 2013
    I'm thrilled to be able to solo a boss in 5 min or less with the nix that used to take me 20 mins or more with the herc.

The Celestial Giant could hold aggro and allow you to do some dd. -Just something to consider. I'd hate to see PvE only people getting Nixes thinking it would be useful.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited June 2013
    Thanks for the information on the Frenzy skill. Although I doubt I'd use it myself but it might be something to consider for other people.

My Phoenix has also been reduced to a PvP pet only, I'll have to agree that it's become a little useless in PvE with this update. That's not something I mind though since I do PvP occasionally but I'd guess it's something people will have to think about before purchasing one.

Also, looks like the Monkey is more useful PvP wise due to the stunlocking possibilities it gives you, and is quite tankier.
  • Mobeta - Heavens Tear
    Mobeta - Heavens Tear Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Tweekz the point about the nix is it can now tank as much or more then the old Herc and WAY faster. Mine has 7200 atk and one hits vots mobs ... tanks blackhole easily. I can nuke or amp between heals on blackhole easily but the evolved herc is also WAY better then the old one. I use the nix everywhere I can which is most anywhere if you watch it. It tends to pull agro anytime I use synergy at same time as pounce. If nix dies I pull out herc and all is well just slower.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited June 2013
    You do have a point though I'm still going to optimize my Phoenix strictly for PvP now that I mostly use the Harpy for PvE and will probably use the evolved Hatchling, once I get to it, for other DD/debuff capabilities.
  • tweakz
    edited June 2013
    I got the point, and made one.