[Petition] - Our poor neglected pets...

Kinnacat - Lost City
Kinnacat - Lost City Posts: 229 Arc User
edited March 2015 in Venomancer
First off, I'd like to say that this new pet evolution system actually got me back into the game. I had quit playing for about a year. I was really excited about the fact that venos would get some new perks. Now here's why I'm upset (skip over the italic if you don't give a !@#$ about my pet story):

When I was just a little lvl 12 veno a bit over 4 years ago, I found out about the tabby. I wanted her so badly that I went to every spawn time once I hit lvl 20. I had to compete against higher lvl venos with -chan gear and pots. Of course, each time, either I would fail, or a veno would kill it, or I wouldn't even have a chance to finish taming.

About 2 months in, I thought the poor thing was going to die again. The other venos had failed. 50% HP... 40% HP... 30%HP... Still casting... 20% HP... Her pet is about to inflict the last deadly hit... And the tabby disappears. I was about to log off when the big bold Success! popped up. And yes, there it was, sitting in my inventory: a tabby plumdrop egg.

Since that day, my little Aly has always been by my side. Rare pet hunting became a hobby, and when ever I would see a noobie veno get disappointed, I would summon my little ball of fur and say:"You see this little cat? When I was just a little veno..." and tell her this story. I would always finish with "So never give up, don't lose hope, and keep trying. One day you'll get it." . It was my way of boosting her moral, and it worked.

Now Aly is lvl 100 - and actually the only pet I had the patience to lvl (my nix drove me crazy) - and has a few special skills to make her OP, which actually cost me quite a few million$.

Now imagine my dismay when I learned that the tabby (ok ok, and snow hare) is the only rare pet that doesn't have access to the new perks...

Why oh why PWE? Why couldn't you simply make the tabby fluffier like you did with the cuddly pup?

Giving the pets a new form might be a challenge, so here's my suggestion:

Let every other pet evolve and beneficiate of the new perks and simply give them a golden aura instead of a whole new form. Or something like that.

Who's with me? /sign if you are!
b:victory

/signed
Post edited by Kinnacat - Lost City on

Comments

• Veneir - Dreamweaver
    Veneir - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,541 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Even without seeing the whole story I'm going to figure it has to do with old, original pets not being able to evolve, and yeah, it sucks; most of us have 'our first pets who were the most important to us in the old days that can't evolve', too, and there's a bunch of boards about it right now. OTL

Edit:: .....and I am really, really sorry about your post and it getting eaten constantily by the forum OTL make sure you don't have any non-supported characters in your post I guess... some apostrophes are like that, je sais...
    "Clearly, the only logical option is Squid." -Decus <コ:彡 <コ:彡
    I'm helplessly needless, and needless to say I owe you | Well I'd pull, teeter away, at the earth with my teeth, to touch your face alive | You lie, helplessly still | As your face falls apart | Well I can make your face brand new | Come take my hand and I'll take your hand | And I will pull you out | Into the sun.
    First fell into an army of noob mobs on 19/3/2009~ Upside-down fox and old-colour squid <┻┻~ [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kinnacat - Lost City
    edited June 2013
    Even without seeing the whole story I'm going to figure it has to do with old, original pets not being able to evolve, and yeah, it sucks; most of us have 'our first pets who were the most important to us in the old days that can't evolve', too, and there's a bunch of boards about it right now. OTL

Edit:: .....and I am really, really sorry about your post and it getting eaten constantily by the forum OTL make sure you don't have any non-supported characters in your post I guess... some apostrophes are like that, je sais...

True. Though maybe a bunch of signatures will help. You never know until you try! b:cute
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    You're not the only one :( but there's nothing we can do but post suggestions and petitions and hope they make it to China and maybe some day they decide to add more evolve-able pets.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Kinnacat - Lost City
    edited June 2013
    You're not the only one :( but there's nothing we can do but post suggestions and petitions and hope they make it to China and maybe some day they decide to add more evolve-able pets.

I know I'm not the only one. >.< Hence why I stared the /sign thread. b:surrender
  • SweetPeas - Sanctuary
    SweetPeas - Sanctuary Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'm certainly on board with this. My Chaos deserves better than this, and so does your tabby.
  • Irca - Harshlands
    Irca - Harshlands Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    nope. I got very attached to certain pets for years before I realized they were not very good compared to others. I still have those pets sitting in my veno's bank because I refuse to get rid of them. At the same time...it is a game. It happened this way to the most commonly used pets because regardless of how much coin you spend on skills...the other pets are still better. Get over it.

/Not Signing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kinnacat - Lost City
    edited June 2013
    nope. I got very attached to certain pets for years before I realized they were not very good compared to others. I still have those pets sitting in my veno's bank because I refuse to get rid of them. At the same time...it is a game. It happened this way to the most commonly used pets because regardless of how much coin you spend on skills...the other pets are still better. Get over it.

/Not Signing.

You don't have to spend any money, you just do a 15 minute instance.

Evolved pets get extra attack, def, attack and def lvl, and HP, plus new skills depending on mood. So they are technically better than unevolved pets. f:stare
  • Irca - Harshlands
    Irca - Harshlands Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    You don't have to spend any money, you just do a 15 minute instance.

Evolved pets get extra attack, def, attack and def lvl, and HP, plus new skills depending on mood. So they are technically better than unevolved pets. f:stare

already did that with certain other pets. And I ment people getting pet skills for coin... (such as the ones that come with herc an nix like claw, stun, buffs, etc)

You're pet can't be evolved/upgraded...get over it and get a new pet. Just like we all did before just took the person to long and to much coin to realize they wasted it all.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Veneir - Dreamweaver
    Veneir - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,541 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    already did that with certain other pets. And I ment people getting pet skills for coin... (such as the ones that come with herc an nix like claw, stun, buffs, etc)

You're pet can't be evolved/upgraded...get over it and get a new pet. Just like we all did before just took the person to long and to much coin to realize they wasted it all.

If you are going to be so cynical towards other venos having morale or preference based issues with their pets, please at least use the correct form of 'your'.
    :3

Disregarding that... I made this post in the thread which was put in the QC for whatever reason, and keep feeling it would be better placed in one of these threads; so I'll go ahead and put that here, since it's more relating to the venos who have pets whom can't evolve.
    My first and favourite pet that I used for a very, very long time(Redtail Minkii) can't evolve either; even though I haven't used him for a while for anything but farming distractions, cube puzzles where pet deaths just made the rooms easier, or those other things since higher-stat pets made trying to find a better niche for him hopeless, and it was expected... it still kind of made me a little sad, to see that screen without the evolve option and know. Being able to see a model of him in the menu was still neat, though :3

...nor would I try to ask of some sort of 'appearance revamp' for 'weird' pets like the more 'common' ones do, since that'd be unrealistic work to expect(I mean, look at what we're talking about, PWI here, 'allo~) but I think it'd be 'passable' if all the uncommon pets that aren't glorified got some sort of 'standard' inheritance% of stats and skill among all of them so they don't seem like a complete waste. Wouldn't really expect that to happen, either, though x3
    "Clearly, the only logical option is Squid." -Decus <コ:彡 <コ:彡
    I'm helplessly needless, and needless to say I owe you | Well I'd pull, teeter away, at the earth with my teeth, to touch your face alive | You lie, helplessly still | As your face falls apart | Well I can make your face brand new | Come take my hand and I'll take your hand | And I will pull you out | Into the sun.
    First fell into an army of noob mobs on 19/3/2009~ Upside-down fox and old-colour squid <┻┻~ [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jadsia - Lost City
    Jadsia - Lost City Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I believe all rare pets should be able to evolve.

Signed.
    I **** bigger than you...

Shut up and play the game.....Damn
  • Lakera - Dreamweaver
    Lakera - Dreamweaver Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I believe that every Veno pet should be able to evolve. EVERY one.

/signed
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Vinat - Sanctuary
    Vinat - Sanctuary Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Maybe I'm elitist, or just a terrible person, but I don't think that all tameable pets deserve to evolve. Granted, I agree that all of the "rares" should be able to, which would include the tabby and *technically* the snow hare, but the snow hare spawns too regularly (3 or 4 every hour for the past 4-5 years) to be considered rare in this day and age. I guess the snow hare could or should be the poor veno's consolation pet. But I'm getting off topic.

I don't think they should evolve (regular pets) because it's only going to encourage venos to stay sub-par and live in willful ignorance and stubbornness for the sake of lump-in-the-throat "oh it's so cute" sentimentality.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited June 2013
    Maybe I'm elitist, or just a terrible person, but I don't think that all tameable pets deserve to evolve. Granted, I agree that all of the "rares" should be able to, which would include the tabby and *technically* the snow hare, but the snow hare spawns too regularly (3 or 4 every hour for the past 4-5 years) to be considered rare in this day and age. I guess the snow hare could or should be the poor veno's consolation pet. But I'm getting off topic.

I don't think they should evolve (regular pets) because it's only going to encourage venos to stay sub-par and live in willful ignorance and stubbornness for the sake of lump-in-the-throat "oh it's so cute" sentimentality.

Additionally, there are way too many tameable monsters out there.
    It would be a waste of time for the developers to work on giving an evolution to every single one of them when the majority of the Venomancers are going to go for the top tier/most popular pets and 95% of the rest of the pets will remain largely unused.

It's sad but the developers aren't going to spend time and effort to please what appears to be, just a minority of players that want to evolve unpopular and rather unused pets.

I do think they should have given us more pets to evolve though. The list is rather limited.
  • trands
    trands Posts: 2
    edited June 2013

I would understand if normal pets don't evolve, the rare pets evolve and the legendary pets evolve + water/air/land. However, they let out some rare pets and took in some normal pets. That's kinda weird. Would have been a nice way to give rare pets a little extra over the normal ones.

Personally, I'd like if all pets could be evolved to benefit from gear and moods. It doesn't really need to change forms or have a specific skill for every type, that would be a waste of time indeed. But at least, they shouldn't dump 95% of the pets to a useless level (unless they took a clear factor like rare + legendary pets only).

/signed
  • Nariin - Dreamweaver
    Nariin - Dreamweaver Posts: 890 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    It's true that probably only around 10% of venos use non-evolvable pets, but should we really be left behind for that?
    I get it... it was like
    make few popular pets evolvable = making many players happy = worth it
    make many unpopular pets evolvable = make few venos happy = not worth it

I think it would work fine if they made few new ones at every game update. It would eventually cover all. It is a lot of them, but not that many. Besides most mobs can't be tamed at all and most of the tamables use a same model; just resized and recolored. They could make evolvable models and resize/recolor them to fit their origins. I'd do it myself for free if I was allowed to.

None of my pets can evolve except kowlin (and I don't like how it looks), so I'm not really going to level my veno now.

/signed
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
    Want a custom faction/fav icon? Look no further! Visit my 👿 Icon Repository in the Fanatics Forum.
    ~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
    ^ but please, for the love of god, read the first page before making requests (UPDATED)
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited June 2013
    It's true that probably only around 10% of venos use non-evolvable pets, but should we really be left behind for that?
    I get it... it was like
    make few popular pets evolvable = making many players happy = worth it
    make many unpopular pets evolvable = make few venos happy = not worth it

I think it would work fine if they made few new ones at every game update. It would eventually cover all. It is a lot of them, but not that many. Besides most mobs can't be tamed at all and most of the tamables use a same model; just resized and recolored. They could make evolvable models and resize/recolor them to fit their origins. I'd do it myself for free if I was allowed to.

None of my pets can evolve except kowlin (and I don't like how it looks), so I'm not really going to level my veno now.

/signed

Yeah I was thinking of just a special skill that every other pet gets when they evolve and some base inherit values that's the same for all. That would be been easy to get.
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'm really disappointed the level 5 turtles didn't make the cut. I only started leveling a plumpfish when I found out it evolved and the turtle (which I already had at 100) didn't. Also disappointed that the eldergoths can't evolve, though I do have both a 101 marksman and a 100 Eden cacto.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Kittennice - Heavens Tear
    Kittennice - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Oh yes, I am signing
    But perhaps this should be moved to suggestions?

Oi! Oi!
    What if there was a contest?
    Like draw what your evolution would be and they put it in-game
    They stopped make PW contests
    I am disappoint
    -_-

ỗ ỗ ỗ

-Signs-
    The VenoX: Heavy Pure Melee (Axe User with a hint of magic) Venomancer and Proud
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^
    {=^.^=} < I'll never give up. Never give in. )

I'm for The Cursed!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=656132
  • CaitlinDan - Heavens Tear
    CaitlinDan - Heavens Tear Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    /signed

Venos missed out a lot on the other updates. Skimping on the evolution list is just, unfair.
    I copied Desdi's font color. It's too pretty. Forgive me Desdi b:thanks
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    A greater cause would be to stop having pets we invested millions in be made obsolete by newer pets. I could care less about the rare pets which were useless for anything other than aesthetics.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • Kinnacat - Lost City
    edited June 2013
    tweakz wrote: »
    A greater cause would be to stop having pets we invested millions in be made obsolete by newer pets. I could care less about the rare pets which were useless for anything other than aesthetics.

Pff... Heh... Useless... Psht... f:angry

I spent millions on her because I liked her very much.

She was not made obsolete.

If you don't care get outta this thread. f:despise
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Pff... Heh... Useless... Psht... f:angry

I spent millions on her because I liked her very much.

She was not made obsolete.

If you don't care get outta this thread. f:despise

If you like her very much, why would you try to change her?b:question
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • Colum - Raging Tide
    Colum - Raging Tide Posts: 1,696 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Signed.

I'd love if all rare pets excluding snow hare would get evolve. Also the most "useful" normal pets - glacial walker, one of the ranged ones, seamonster guardian and skatefish for example.
    Leader of Cyanure on Valonsurma and a proud member of Vertu
    Demon Strength Barbarian 103/103/101

Demon Pure Mag Cleric 102/102/101 | Demon 4 APS Assassin 102/102/101 | Demon Pure Mag Mystic 102/101/101 | Demon Pure Mag Psychic 100/100/93 | Demon 4 APS-Barbarian 100/100 | HA-venomancer 100 | DPH Assassin 100 | Pure Mag Wizard 100 | Demon Pure Mag Stormbringer 96 | Demon DPS Archer 94 | Sage Vit Barbarian 93 | Demon All-Path Blademaster 93 | Str Seeker 86 | Pure Mag Venomancer 81 | Pure Mag Wizard 81 | Pure Dex Duskblade 47
  • Nariin - Dreamweaver
    Nariin - Dreamweaver Posts: 890 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    If you like her very much, why would you try to change her?b:question

There is a difference between replacing and upgrading.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Want a custom faction/fav icon? Look no further! Visit my 👿 Icon Repository in the Fanatics Forum.
    ^ but please, for the love of god, read the first page before making requests (UPDATED)
  • Lakera - Dreamweaver
    Lakera - Dreamweaver Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    How much less could you care then...? b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • dafuq222
    dafuq222 Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I thought this expansion would make me play this game again. But seeing I cant evolve my eldergoth with rare skills...never mind. b:lipcurl

however, im signing this petition just in case b:chuckle
    /signed
  • Mistyfied - Sanctuary
    Mistyfied - Sanctuary Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Aw, I was all excited to evolve my tabby. b:angry b:cry

/signed
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Signed.

I'd love if all rare pets excluding snow hare would get evolve. Also the most "useful" normal pets - glacial walker, one of the ranged ones, seamonster guardian and skatefish for example.

Several of the common pets (level 2 scorpion, petite sawfly, plumpfish, dark wanderer, Eden cactopods and magmites) are, I forget if glacial walker gets the same evolve as the magmites.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Kittennice - Heavens Tear
    Kittennice - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Several of the common pets (level 2 scorpion, petite sawfly, plumpfish, dark wanderer, Eden cactopods and magmites) are, I forget if glacial walker gets the same evolve as the magmites.

The magmites and walkers do evolve

What I don't get is that the bears turn into a Golden Compass bear (Mr. Snuggly or whatever the name is) but the snow hare can't turn into maybe an already made creature like a Huggy or that big big fat bunny which I forgot the name of.
    The VenoX: Heavy Pure Melee (Axe User with a hint of magic) Venomancer and Proud
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^
    {=^.^=} < I'll never give up. Never give in. )

I'm for The Cursed!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=656132
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited June 2013
    The magmites and walkers do evolve

What I don't get is that the bears turn into a Golden Compass bear (Mr. Snuggly or whatever the name is) but the snow hare can't turn into maybe an already made creature like a Huggy or that big big fat bunny which I forgot the name of.

If snow hares could evolve into giant bunnies i'd go tame one and evolve one right away. b:dirty too bad xD
This discussion has been closed.