New Veno's Pets: Simply a Failure

Spectralis - Sanctuary
Spectralis - Sanctuary Posts: 44 Arc User
edited June 2013 in Venomancer
The new venomamcer's pets, Harpy and Monkey King, are just a "Replica" from Herc. and Nix., but with different skin.
Once again, venos must suffer for a long time tryin to collect 9999 Harpy Plumes (Fhoenix Feathers to get Nix.) or Soulroot Stones (Sources of Force for Herc.) to get these pets.

As the old sayin goes: "History repeats itself", and doesn't matter if Rising Call is a new upgrade from PWI, the results are simply the same as before: A new business for PWI, with the same **** but under a different appeareance.

Venos with Herc. or Nix. already gotten, must definitely open their eyes carefully before thinkin to get these ones. I have no doubt that these new pets will be doin the same as Herc. and Nix., including the skills.

Why didn't PWI introduced a much needed and decent Water Pet for venos, instead of givin us the same thing again.

However, money talks once again in PWI headquarters and as long as gamers want to get new looks, PWI is happy, runing the same business over and over agin.
Post edited by Spectralis - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Kniraven - Lost City
    Kniraven - Lost City Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    So let me get this straight,
    You don't have one
    You haven't checked the skills
    You have no concept of the evolution system
    You have no concept of the new pet mechanics
    You haven't actually checked their stats
    You essentially have no idea what you're talking about

And you're here cluttering the forum with your ****!ng.

Did i get that right?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sekra - Dreamweaver
    Sekra - Dreamweaver Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Why didn't PWI introduced a much needed and decent Water Pet for venos, instead of givin us the same thing again.
    For what it's worth, the Monkey King and Harpy can both swim.
  • SakuLv - Dreamweaver
    SakuLv - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    idk if any1 even said that they would be better..they r just 2 other new pets
    but as i understand Harpy is magic DD no?
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    There has been information on the new pets and changes for a long time.
    The new legendary pets have different skills and serve different purposes.
    The Harpy has ranged attacks, ranged AOE attacks and attacks that deal extra damage in PvE. Venomancers previously lacked any AOE attack pets. We basically got our own version of the Mystic's Storm Mistress.

The Monkey is a solid DD pet. Not a tank pet as it was advertised, although it does seem pretty tanky but I have yet to test whether it's better than the Hercules tank wise. It's a PvP oriented pet.

Hercules and Phoenix both can be evolved and get new skills as well as gain the ability to walk on land, swim in the water and fly just like the new legendary pets.

There are also plenty of regular pets that can be evolved and gain new skills and exclusive skills. You don't need any of the new legendary pets to play. You can simply evolve the ones you currently have; they gain a good boost too.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • skaitavia
    skaitavia Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    While Spect does have a point that this looks like "history is repeating itself", that's just from an ignorant point of view (not meant to be taken as an insult). Sure it may look like the same thing (collecting 9,999 of an item to get a new legendary pet), but no one (unless they heavily cs'd it already) knows further details about the new pets, which include its stats, skills, use in PvP/PvE, and so on. Until we know how the pets play out with the new evolution system and we get that type of data and feedback from people who experienced it, we can't generalize this update.

Also, slightly off topic, but in this update, can Phoenixes and Hercs swim too?
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited June 2013
    Actually, now that I think about it the Monkey can't be tankier than the Hercules. Still curious why it was advertised as a tank pet though; because it's clearly leaning towards attack.

@Skai - I have the harpy and my game husband got the monkey. We're leveling the pets so data will be up in a few days.

Hercules/Phoenix seem to need to evolve before they get all habitats available.
  • Morridune - Raging Tide
    Morridune - Raging Tide Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    1st: who care's even if that was the case its an alternate to the fat man in a towel or sparkly pigion maybe not every1 like's how the current legendary pets look

2nd : I know its a little early in the day for ppl to have actually done all the evolving etc and thoroughly play tested the pro's/con's to new pet but rly http://pwi.ecatomb.net/pet-list.php it not like this info isn't available it not like they haven't said what differences the new pets will have or how regular pets can also be evolved -.- how about instead of bashing a new feature 5mins after its been released you actually try it or at the least wait for ppl more informed to give feedback.

this new system if anything make's it look like free pets evolved can compete with CS pets in same way t3 has allowed alot more ppl to compete with r9. This seems more like a QQ at them been CS pets despite there been a ton of options for ppl who still use the f2p pets caught normally to me

oh and if they can swim i want 2 of each
  • skaitavia
    edited June 2013

@Skai - I have the harpy and my game husband got the monkey. We're leveling the pets so data will be up in a few days.

Hercules/Phoenix seem to need to evolve before they get all habitats available.

Awesome! I look forward to that data, as I have a veno as well that has a Nix and Herc already. I want to see how the evolved Herc and Nix compare to the evolved Harpy and MK.
  • viciousminx
    viciousminx Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Skaitavia wrote: »

Also, slightly off topic, but in this update, can Phoenixes and Hercs swim too?

Yep they both get sets of water wings with their evolved forms.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Message Me!Submit a Ticket!Forum Rules!
  • skaitavia
    edited June 2013
    Yep they both get sets of water wings with their evolved forms.

Awesome! If I ever find time I guess this update will give me the incentive to level up my Veno now. It's been quite a while since I last played her. She was my first character, and I got her from 1 to 85 with quests/BHs/PQ, and then 85 to 89 through FCs, which is where she is now XD.

Also long time no talk Minx!
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    a much needed and decent Water Pet for venos

a what?b:laughb:laughb:laugh
    did we have a flood with the update?b:laughb:laugh
    you only purge once #yopo
  • TammyEilean - Dreamweaver
    TammyEilean - Dreamweaver Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The new venomamcer's pets, Harpy and Monkey King, are just a "Replica" from Herc. and Nix., but with different skin.
    Once again, venos must suffer for a long time tryin to collect 9999 Harpy Plumes (Fhoenix Feathers to get Nix.) or Soulroot Stones (Sources of Force for Herc.) to get these pets.

As the old sayin goes: "History repeats itself", and doesn't matter if Rising Call is a new upgrade from PWI, the results are simply the same as before: A new business for PWI, with the same **** but under a different appeareance.

Venos with Herc. or Nix. already gotten, must definitely open their eyes carefully before thinkin to get these ones. I have no doubt that these new pets will be doin the same as Herc. and Nix., including the skills.

However, money talks once again in PWI headquarters and as long as gamers want to get new looks, PWI is happy, runing the same business over and over agin.

Personally, without looking at the specs, I'd rather have the Monkey King instead of the big fat slob Herc any day. This is a big visual improvement 4sure.
  • Morridune - Raging Tide
    Morridune - Raging Tide Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    a what?b:laughb:laughb:laugh
    did we have a flood with the update?b:laughb:laugh

That would make for an interesting event once or twice a month
  • skaitavia
    edited June 2013
    forums are meant to take any comment from anyone, u might say u have a veno, however, reality could be another one. I am postin with my veno's character.

Unless u are extremely lucky, venos in the past couldn't afford to get Herc. and Nix. together except for those "Rich" ppl expendin money from parents' credit cards. I can say i have both pets also.

Now the situation is the same , but ppl deal with tickets, not items and still , it is difficult to get either pet. First for the price and 2dn for the lucky packs that the tickets come from.

U definitely must be a "great player of pwi" or a big lier.

Personally I've found more young adults to adults that play this game, rather than teenagers and kids. They have money to blow, so I don't see any reason to tell them what to do with their money.
  • viciousminx
    edited June 2013
    Skaitavia wrote: »
    Awesome! If I ever find time I guess this update will give me the incentive to level up my Veno now. It's been quite a while since I last played her. She was my first character, and I got her from 1 to 85 with quests/BHs/PQ, and then 85 to 89 through FCs, which is where she is now XD.

Also long time no talk Minx!

I know right. In Germany for another week so jumping on wifi when I can.

So far I'm enjoying the mood skills in addition to our normal set. Was worried they might replace the originals after evolution.

After I get my main pets up I'll be evolving a plumpfish just for giggles to watch it fly.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• skaitavia
    edited June 2013

So far I'm enjoying the mood skills in addition to our normal set. Was worried they might replace the originals after evolution.

After I get my main pets up I'll be evolving a plumpfish just for giggles to watch it fly.

A flying herc sounds terrifying. I mean, he's only wearing a loincloth! b:shocked
  • Praxalis - Archosaur
    Praxalis - Archosaur Posts: 190 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    forums are meant to take any comment from anyone, u might say u have a veno, however, reality could be another one. I am postin with my veno's character.

Unless u are extremely lucky, venos in the past couldn't afford to get Herc. and Nix. together except for those "Rich" ppl expendin money from parents' credit cards. I can say i have both pets also.

Now the situation is the same , but ppl deal with tickets, not items and still , it is difficult to get either pet. First for the price and 2dn for the lucky packs that the tickets come from.

U definitely must be a "great player of pwi" or a big lier.

b:shutup

Just saying tickets on my server are near dirt cheap (anywhere from 40 mil to about 70 for nix and herc) and on a x2 that's hardly a challenge to farm. I farmed like crazy to get the gears I have. Just because I-or anyone else- is not posting from a veno character doesn't mean I/they dont have one or play one too IJS. That too is a bit ignorant.

You really shouldn't be gambling on lucky packs anymore and I'd be pressed to call you an idiot if you are. In the past yeah that was a better way if you were lucky like there was no tomorrow. Be careful who you call a liar. Anyways this content i for 100+ you arent even there yet. Get to 100 then you can complain....
  • kenpachikensai
    kenpachikensai Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited June 2013

Thought it was just the Legendary Pets [evolved Herc/Nix] that would be able to travel by Land/Sea/Air?

Out of curiousity for anyone who owns a cactus, can theys still attack from range?
  • Spectralis - Sanctuary
    edited June 2013
    b:shutup

Just saying tickets on my server are near dirt cheap (anywhere from 40 mil to about 70 for nix and herc) and on a x2 that's hardly a challenge to farm. I farmed like crazy to get the gears I have. Just because I-or anyone else- is not posting from a veno character doesn't mean I/they dont have one or play one too IJS. That too is a bit ignorant.

You really shouldn't be gambling on lucky packs anymore and I'd be pressed to call you an idiot if you are. In the past yeah that was a better way if you were lucky like there was no tomorrow. Be careful who you call a liar. Anyways this content i for 100+ you arent even there yet. Get to 100 then you can complain....

Avatars in forums can be deceptive. U see them in forums and the real toon can give suprises in the game. So, who is the one who should be careful?
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited June 2013
    Well, people who did follow the threads on the Venomancer sub-forum already knew about the new pets being in the boutique. They had plenty of time to prepare and save up gold for this. I was one of them; farmed and merchant a little, bought gold and saved them for then the update went live so I could buy one of the new pets.

I can only say, I feel bad for those who expected them to be free pets but I think it was rather obvious they wouldn't be...either way, like I said, you don't have to buy these two new pets. You can evolve your current pets and will do just fine.
  • viciousminx
    edited June 2013
    Thought it was just the Legendary Pets [evolved Herc/Nix] that would be able to travel by Land/Sea/Air?

It may be but I'm dying to test it out on a couple others.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited June 2013
    Just to clarify;

Hercules/Phoenix can go on land/water/air after the evolution <- confirmed by others.
    Monkey/Harpy can go on land/water/air since lvl1. <- confirmed, got the pet.
  • Cut_Bait - Heavens Tear
    Cut_Bait - Heavens Tear Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Avatars in forums can be deceptive. U see them in forums and the real toon can give suprises in the game. So, who is the one who should be careful?

Both of you!
  • Eden - Raging Tide
    Eden - Raging Tide Posts: 301 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    So let me get this straight,
    You don't have one
    You haven't checked the skills
    You have no concept of the evolution system
    You have no concept of the new pet mechanics
    You haven't actually checked their stats
    You essentially have no idea what you're talking about

And you're here cluttering the forum with your ****!ng.

Did i get that right?
    /thread
  • viciousminx
    edited June 2013
    Just to clarify;

Hercules/Phoenix can go on land/water/air after the evolution <- still needs confirming.
    Monkey/Harpy can go on land/water/air since lvl1. <- confirmed, got the pet.

Hercules/Phoenix can go on land/water/air after the evolution<- confirmed! Been poking things underwater with my flaming chicken since a little after 8 am and got pooped on by a flying herc at some point.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• elfgenome
    elfgenome Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    OK, I love that venos are getting new pets, I personally found herc to be ugly and I would not play him. The new pets being about to swim is awesome; but what about the health icon. It sits like 3 inches lower than my health and I can't seem to move it. Everytime I squad up the squad members hp bars go right on top of my pets. Now that its lower, I'm not sure I will be able to see my pet all 10 squad members and my chat box.
    Please tell me am I missing something? Or do I have to minimize my chat window and move the squad info every single time I try to squad up. Why can't i move the pet health like the genie one?
  • Spectralis - Sanctuary
    edited June 2013
    elfgenome wrote: »
    OK, I love that venos are getting new pets, I personally found herc to be ugly and I would not play him. The new pets being about to swim is awesome; but what about the health icon. It sits like 3 inches lower than my health and I can't seem to move it. Everytime I squad up the squad members hp bars go right on top of my pets. Now that its lower, I'm not sure I will be able to see my pet all 10 squad members and my chat box.
    Please tell me am I missing something? Or do I have to minimize my chat window and move the squad info every single time I try to squad up. Why can't i move the pet health like the genie one?

i play pwi windowed all the time, as much as i have tried, the pet's icon and info. menu is stationary.

What i do is moving the squad's menu down a little to watch my pet's info.
  • DeffyNature - Archosaur
    DeffyNature - Archosaur Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited June 2013

Out of curiousity for anyone who owns a cactus, can theys still attack from range?

It was confirmed that yes, it still can. Will evolve mine soon, can't wait, it gets an aps skill :o .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • missrosa99
    missrosa99 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'm not QQing or pooing on anyone's parade but basically at the end of it all you're paying for one of four rare pets which does specifically one role (tank , phy attack , magical DD , aoeing what have you) That need to be evolved in order to be multifunctional or all ready come multifunctional (land air water)

so I'm guessing now the major question boils down to the new players who want a solo class with a pet do you want to be -

A Mystic who has self and squad heals with pre res or a Veno that has both magical and physical attacks

because now both pets and summons are identical with of course the cash shop pets having higher stats than the average mystic's summons cause they need to give ppl a reason to say I should get one of those despite being able to evolve your free pets.

well sorry to my dear furry foxies but I'll keep playing my walking tulip because despite all the new pets and pet evolving system you got you'll need still coins for your own veno's gear at the end of it all as well.

The veno in my book is now under the section as a true cash shopper's/ farmers class hope you all enjoy it.
  • Nyxsa - Heavens Tear
    Nyxsa - Heavens Tear Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I was super excited to know Venomancers were finally getting a huge change in this game because obviously, it is my main, and even though I worked hard to get both the herc and nix through herb farming, it simply wont do anymore. Now, my heart sank indeed when it turned out we had to gather the nearly 10k items to acquire these new pets which angered me second I finished it, but the evolution system brought me back up in a way (though still who doesnt want the new toy?) I can see people dusting off the venomancers again to not only use them for these pets but to use them other than BHing.

Do I wish I had the real money to get them, surely, least just the harpy for the new looks, but as a simple farmer itll be much harder as is it to not drop the real $$$ for it so sure consider me a jealous person over those who spare the money and get the advantage, we all do, but I'm at least happy the previous pets have some way of becoming polished from the dust of these years being the only battle pets. At least it was not a rare spawn pet so I can be a tad happy because i DO have the option of saving up for it so again its more of a frustrating trial to save wait save wait and save wait again. So now a new toy is in town and the supposed retired Venomancers have a purpose again in this game lol, least gold should be hitting higher now because of these changes so thanks on that.

Aside from this I am actually excited with the evolution system and cannot wait for my update to finish, so it isnt a total loss overall, just a minor thorn in the paw b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RA Demonic Veno ~ Beloved Wife and Newlywed to Zulwarn and a Soldier of Borealis