Stance Marking

johnnypyro1
johnnypyro1 Posts: 5 Arc User
edited June 2013 in Seeker
Can someone please explain to to the seeker community how "Stance Marking" a mob or boss is done?
The guides do not explain it very well and have left me confused as I try to do it in game but often seem to miss my opportunity. I know that others have very little understanding of how to properly use our debuffs as I see it fail to happen in most of my squads from other seekers as well. Sadly, I have to ask them to debuff the boss. They then get pissed b/c they have to drop vort to do so. b:chuckle Lazy ****! Spam skills!
Post edited by johnnypyro1 on

Comments

• Zheii - Archosaur
    Zheii - Archosaur Posts: 2,732 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Okay.... Stance Marking.
    [prepare for wall of text]

Alright so lets start with the basics.

Seekers have 4 stances.
    Here are what they look like in-case you are unsure.
    (Yes they are on weap fash, those ss's where taken for something else but I can't get ig atm to take some more so those will have to do >,>)

Each of those 4 stances has a different effect.

The first stance you ever get is:
    Northern Sky Waltz            Level 10

Mana 60
    Channel 0.2 seconds
    Cast 0.8  seconds
    Cooldown 8.0  seconds
    Weapon Blade or Sword

Requisite Cultivation Spiritual Adept

Lasts for 10 minutes. During this time, each attack has a
    30% chance to add the Eye of the Northern Sky status on the enemy.
    This status effect lasts for 10 seconds. Use in tandem with
    Staggering Strike while the status is active to deal 1810.5 additional damage and immobilize the target for 3 seconds.
    The target's Defense level is also decreased by 20 for 8 seconds.

~Now, the buff on your weapon lasts for 10 minutes.
    THIS DOES NOT MEAN EVERYTHING YOU HIT WITH YOUR SWORD WITHIN THAT 10 MINUTES IS DE-BUFFED AUTOMATICALLY.
    This just means that with every attack you have a 30% chance to apply a "status" to your target.
    And in this case that "status" is the Eye of the Northern Sky status.
    As the skill description says, it "Immobilizes the target" for 3 seconds (And at lvl10 decrease def lvl by 20)
    But only when used in tandem with Staggering Strike.

Here is Staggering Strike:
    Staggering Strike        Level 10

Range 20.0  meters
    Mana 60.5
    Channel 0.2 seconds
    Cast 0.8  seconds
    Cooldown 3.0 seconds
    Weapon Blade or Sword

Requisite Cultivation Spiritual Adept

Deals base physical damage plus 1207.0 to the enemy.
    Use on an enemy with the Eye of Northern Sky status to immobilize the target, deal
    extra damage, and reduce the target's defense.

Now. here are the steps to "Stance Marking" a target.
    1. First apply your stance, in this case we're using Northern Sky Waltz.
    2. Hit the target until an "status icon" appears underneath the targets bar (whatever you call it ._.) You can use skills (skill spam) normal attack, (whack dat thingy with dat big swordy thingy!) Or you can even punch someone or something to apply a stance "status" to someone/something (although unless you're testing it's not really advised >,>)
    3. After you see you have applied the "status" onto the mob/person/etc (In this case it's a small blue icon with a white/yellowish sword slash in the middle?) Then Hit the mob/person with the required skill to "set off the stance"
    -Staggering Strike.
    /If it doesn't work, or your skill misses, just spam it until it does finally proc.

The same theory applies to all of your other stances, they all have different effects. so make sure you read the skill description so you understand what each skill does.

Your other Stances are:
    -Parchedblade Dance -> Stalagstrike
    ~Stun the target for 3 seconds.

-Soulsever Minuet -> Gemini Slash
    ~Reduce the target's Attack and Defense level by 10 for 3 minutes.

-Duelist's Glee -> Arme Nier
    ~Remove the target's weapon attack for 6 seconds.

(You also have to remember that every stance has a corresponding skill.)
    -Another important point to remember is that Stances do not stack. You can't apply Soulsever de-buff to a target then switch to Northern Sky Waltz to try and de-buff it even more, it won't work. You will lose your original Soulsever de-buff on the target.

In my experience:
    In PvE, Use Soulsever on bosses (def lvl de-buff helps the squad DD's a lot) And use Parched blade on mobs when pulling. (Being able to aoe stun is quite helpful :3)
    Also, if there is more than one seeker in the squad, leave the de-buffing to those who have Sage/Demon stances and skills as they are more effective. If you are NOT that seeker, it's best not to apply a stance at all because the "statuses" will over-write each other.

Anyways I hope that helps! and if i've left anything out or it's not informative enough let me know, I'll add more to it, Thanks! and happy seekering! :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Queen of Silly, circa 2014, as conferred by the late great Proski Wallace.
  • Zymari - Archosaur
    Zymari - Archosaur Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Do you happen to know how long you have to attack with the required skill once the icon appears under the mobs name? And do you lose the chance to mark the stance if you use a different skill once it appears?

Also, you said that there are 4 stances. How do you get Duelist's Glee? I hadn't heard of it before now. The description for arme nier lead me to believe it would do more damage with any stance marked.
  • Zheii - Archosaur
    edited June 2013
    Do you happen to know how long you have to attack with the required skill once the icon appears under the mobs name? And do you lose the chance to mark the stance if you use a different skill once it appears?

Also, you said that there are 4 stances. How do you get Duelist's Glee? I hadn't heard of it before now. The description for arme nier lead me to believe it would do more damage with any stance marked.

Okay first:
    -Each "status" has a limit to how long it stays on the target
    -Northern Sky Waltz = 10 secs
    -Duelist's Glee = also 10 secs
    -ParchedBlade Dance = 20 secs
    -Soulsever Minuet = 30 secs
    But, you can hit the target with any skill within that time limit and the stance will still be there, only once you connect (missing with the skill doesn't count) with the corresponding skill to the stance and status you have applied to the target will the status be replaced by the de-buff.
    Of-course, any skill can just put the status right back on the target, depending on the proc rate of the stance though.
    E.G:
    Soulsever Minuet's status is going to proc on the target more than ParchedBlade Dance's status because Soulsever has a 50% chance to proc, where as ParchedBlade only has a 20% chance to proc.
    -It is a 100% chance to proc the status into a debuff with the required skill, if you don't miss that is ;3

Also:
    Duelist's Glee

Mana 80
    Channel 0.4 seconds
    Cast 0.6  seconds
    Cooldown 8.0  seconds
    Weapon Blade or Sword

Requisite Cultivation Celestial Sage/Demon

Lasts for 10 minutes. Each hit has a
    20% chance to inflict the 'Parried' status that
    lasts for 10 seconds.
    Use in tandem with Arme Nier to
    deal 4080 extra damage and remove the target's weapon attack for 6 seconds.

Duelist's Glee is a lvl100 skill, for when you have completed all of your cultivation, it costs:
    20 Chrono Pages
    & 10 Medium Ink
    (You make it the same way you make your lvl79 skills)

~The description of Arme Meir is a little misleading if you don't understand what the "Parried Status" is.
    -It is when someone's weapon has been removed.
    -It's the same status that you get when a BM Blade Hurls you.
    -Basically it refers back to basic sword fighting, where you "Parry" a blow, usually, the opponent is unable to retaliate for a good few seconds due to being thrown off balance by being "parried".

Sorry again for wall of text 'xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • johnnypyro1
    johnnypyro1 Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Thank you Zheii! That was very informative and..... It works! I was marking mobs and bosses every time I tried. Even had to explain it to two other noob seekers that had no idea how to mark a stance and debuff the boss. Thanks again!
  • Kittysama - Raging Tide_1432680721
    edited June 2013
    To clear a bit more:
    You can use Soulsever first to mark enemy with it and then switch to Northern Sky Waltz and mark enemy with that too so enemy has both Soulsever and Northern Sky Waltz marked on them simultaneously. Then, if you use Gemini first to trigger Soulsever and gain -10 def/att. lvl debuff on target, you can then use Staggering Strike to apply -20 def. lvl debuff, overwriting the soulsever's def. lvl debuff but not the attack lvl debuff. So if you use them in this order target has -20 def. lvls(for 8 secs, is spammable to renew the debuff) and -10 attack lvls(for 3 mins).

If you want to maximize Gemini Slash's damage, you can first use Staggering Strike on target before launching Gemini Slash as Soulsever triggers after Gemini has hit. So if NSW is triggered first while having Soulsever marked too, Gemini gets the dmg boost of def. lvl decrease from NSW, not Soulsever. After Gemini has hit triggering the Soulsever, Soulsever's def. lvl. debuff affects following attacks on targets.

Because Soulsever's Attack level debuff can be active at the same time as NSW's def. lvl debuff, seeker is advised to start with using necessary shatters, marking boss with soulsever, triggering with Gemini and keep debuffing the boss with NSW marking-Staggering Strike combo. Phys. DDs in squad love that constant 50%/70% damage increase from having both Heartshatter(30% lvl 10/50% sage) and NSW(20% from def. lvl decrease) active on boss all the time f:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Final ragequit on 21/02/2014 'cause ARC. Back on 15/04/2014, RL was bored.
    Ten Paths of Kittyness(old mains when deleted): Kittysama 100(100) Sage HA-Venomancer |Aivina 100(101) Sage (ex-Zerk) Str. Seeker | Kittytart 90(101) Demon All path Zerk BM | KittyFishie 92(101) Demon APS/DPH Zerk Assassin | Haroin 100(100) Demon Vit. Zerk Barbarian | Elfborn 82(100) Demon Cleric | Pessimiste 85(100) Sage Wizard | PalavaEnkeli 87(100) Demon Fist/APS-Archer | VerenVanki 85(100) Demon Mystic | MerenPeto 85(100) Sage Psychic
    Current mains: Old psy and 19 new/recreated mains(avg. level 82)
  • Zheii - Archosaur
    edited June 2013
    Thank you Zheii! That was very informative and..... It works! I was marking mobs and bosses every time I tried. Even had to explain it to two other noob seekers that had no idea how to mark a stance and debuff the boss. Thanks again!

You are very welcome!! I'm glad I could help! :3
    To clear a bit more:
    You can use Soulsever first to mark enemy with it and then switch to Northern Sky Waltz and mark enemy with that too so enemy has both Soulsever and Northern Sky Waltz marked on them simultaneously. Then, if you use Gemini first to trigger Soulsever and gain -10 def/att. lvl debuff on target, you can then use Staggering Strike to apply -20 def. lvl debuff, overwriting the soulsever's def. lvl debuff but not the attack lvl debuff. So if you use them in this order target has -20 def. lvls(for 8 secs, is spammable to renew the debuff) and -10 attack lvls(for 3 mins).

If you want to maximize Gemini Slash's damage, you can first use Staggering Strike on target before launching Gemini Slash as Soulsever triggers after Gemini has hit. So if NSW is triggered first while having Soulsever marked too, Gemini gets the dmg boost of def. lvl decrease from NSW, not Soulsever. After Gemini has hit triggering the Soulsever, Soulsever's def. lvl. debuff affects following attacks on targets.

Because Soulsever's Attack level debuff can be active at the same time as NSW's def. lvl debuff, seeker is advised to start with using necessary shatters, marking boss with soulsever, triggering with Gemini and keep debuffing the boss with NSW marking-Staggering Strike combo. Phys. DDs in squad love that constant 50%/70% damage increase from having both Heartshatter(30% lvl 10/50% sage) and NSW(20% from def. lvl decrease) active on boss all the time f:cute

Whoa complex @_@"
    It's great to see someone who knows their class so well!! You'll have to teach me this complex stuff in PvE some time, since I'm mostly PvP and find PvE way too easy, I don't really bother to learn/teach myself how to be uber pro at it, you are the Master! teach me your ways! *bows* XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]