-channelling %

Evertide - Lost City
Evertide - Lost City Posts: 43 Arc User
edited April 2013 in Seeker
does this make u cast ur skills faster? like aps makes normal attacks faster? would it be worth getting gear with -channeling?
Post edited by Evertide - Lost City on

Comments

• BurnWhenIWiz - Heavens Tear
    BurnWhenIWiz - Heavens Tear Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    does this make u cast ur skills faster? like aps makes normal attacks faster? would it be worth getting gear with -channeling?

It reduces your channeling time on the skill. Ex. Gemini has a 3.3 second channel, and 2 second cast, so 5.3 seconds to complete the skill. A 12% (neck and belt of -6% each) reduction in channeling, would give you channel of 2.9 seconds, and cast of 2, for 4.9 total time to complete the skill.

I just can't think of a combination that would get you a noticeable amount of channeling reduction, that isn't going to leave you very vulnerable defense wise. Think the most you can get without being laughed at for wearing arcane armor, is going to be -48% (-49% if you get a good tome) and that's going to be pricey to get a neck, belt, and rings with -12% each.
  • Evertide - Lost City
    Evertide - Lost City Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    wish they would make some HA with - channeling u got a class that is bases off its skills n cant make them cast/channel faster...
  • Hannsel - Dreamweaver
    Hannsel - Dreamweaver Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    i've always considered channel times for meleers to be neglible. i mean 0.3~0.7s lol. for seekers the only benefit would be for gemini slash which is why you guys got blade affinity. there is absolutely no need for -channel% for HA/LA toons
  • OHelixSykar - Archosaur
    OHelixSykar - Archosaur Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Channeling gear doesn't really do anything for us seekers :) We have blade affinity and plus if we channel any faster, we would run out of skills to use because of cooldowns. Sure it would be nice to channel gemini slash faster but it's really not neededb:cute
    -oHelixSykar
  • Zheii - Archosaur
    Zheii - Archosaur Posts: 2,732 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    @OHelix Idk about you, but I'm not going to be running out of skills cause of -chan ._.

In PvE -chan does not matter, but honest to god every little bit counts in PvP and I love me some -chan ornies, There have been so many 1v1s or group pk/TW/NW's where there is just a second gap from dying and killing and that second could be the difference between having that -chan and not :3
    I find it very useful, but that's 'cause I'm a total pk fanatic x3
    But no way in hell go full -chan gear, you'll be squishy and useless, just get some -chan ornies and you'll be set, maybe an OP tome and BOOM, pro channeling *-*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Queen of Silly, circa 2014, as conferred by the late great Proski Wallace.
  • OHelixSykar - Archosaur
    OHelixSykar - Archosaur Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    @Zheii I guess it's because I don't have all my skills yet and I haven't figured out a good combo for continuous skill spam in PVE yet b:chuckle
  • IHaxJoo - Raging Tide
    IHaxJoo - Raging Tide Posts: 531 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Dont get -channeling on any of your gears as a seeker
    cuz our sage/demon blade affinity only has 30 seconds cooldown
    which in a a pvp fight or pve even, is pretty spammable if you ask me
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SnowTempests - Raging Tide
    SnowTempests - Raging Tide Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Don't focus on -channeling, just use blade affinity when you want to use the long casting skills. Ion spike is actually a good replace for gemini because it has lower channeling if you want to aoe range.
  • BungaSakura - Raging Tide
    BungaSakura - Raging Tide Posts: 902 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Hm, if ppl can not go rank 9 belt or cube neck. i think channeling ornament is also good for seeker. since we can get channeling ornament only on elemental resistance ornament. what do u guys think?
  • IHaxJoo - Raging Tide
    IHaxJoo - Raging Tide Posts: 531 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Hm, if ppl can not go rank 9 belt or cube neck. i think channeling ornament is also good for seeker. since we can get channeling ornament only on elemental resistance ornament. what do u guys think?

like i said earlier, you could go for that extra channeling but our blade affinity overrides any channeling gear you have and its spammable every 30 secs.
    So, i think money could be spent elsewhere instead of focusing on channeling
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DayyUmmm - Lost City
    DayyUmmm - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    like i said earlier, you could go for that extra channeling but our blade affinity overrides any channeling gear you have and its spammable every 30 secs.
    So, i think money could be spent elsewhere instead of focusing on channeling

False. Blade Affinity will work with said equipment, If you wish to test channel Town Portal with Blade Affinity and without a -6% ornament, then try it with one on. As for the -chan gear, I used it often since magic hurts, and magic def ornaments just so happen to have a -chan every here and there.
  • SnowTempests - Raging Tide
    SnowTempests - Raging Tide Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    False. Blade Affinity will work with said equipment, If you wish to test channel Town Portal with Blade Affinity and without a -6% ornament, then try it with one on. As for the -chan gear, I used it often since magic hurts, and magic def ornaments just so happen to have a -chan every here and there.

I think what he meant was demon and sage blade affinity is spammable and provides enough channeling reduction that adding more channeling won't make a difference. Blade affinity is about 85% reduction, so an addition -6% wouldnt matter much, and seeker's spammable attacks have low channeling. Warsong belts and cube necklacse are considerable replacement, but if your on a budget, get swindler necklace and a decent belt.