Share ur experience as demon Seeker

Suikyo - Raging Tide
Suikyo - Raging Tide Posts: 125 Arc User
edited March 2013 in Seeker
Like the tittle says, share ur experience as demon seeker on pve, pvp(tw, nw, mass pvp, 1v1, duels... anything) im planning to go demon t his time, but i wanna know whats ur experience as demon seeker, and if u r sage seeker, whats ur experience facing demon seekers(the skilled ones) how u can compare them against a sage seeker and other classes, any info can be helpful b:thanks
Post edited by Suikyo - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    apparently they are shy o.o b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • VVarSmite - Sanctuary
    VVarSmite - Sanctuary Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Shy like unicorns b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

\/enice ~ 101 seeker
    VVarSmtie ~ 101RB assassin
    ArchSlayerZ ~ 100 blademaster
  • Daruvial - Sanctuary
    Daruvial - Sanctuary Posts: 277 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    skillful demon seekers.. do they exist? not on sanc atleast..
  • Melami - Heavens Tear
    Melami - Heavens Tear Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I don't consider myself a very skilled demon seeker but I do know what i'm doing. I enjoy it alot and don't regret going demon. As for chi I can get chi easily with demon Rock Splitting Cleave (20% to get 50 chi when cast). It's all personal opinion. It's funnnnnnnn ;D
  • //\//iko - Dreamweaver22
    //\//iko - Dreamweaver22 Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    lol if you wanna talk to me about demon seekers make a char on DreamWeaver server and Wc who is //\\//iko
  • soundslegit
    soundslegit Posts: 472 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Since this thread is so slow I'll throw something in: I think the main reason ppl laugh at demon seekers is so many wear LA ornaments. Lots of demon seekers like to wear 2 parts of the TT99 HA set and and 2 parts of the TT99 LA set to get the -interval bonus from both sets. The obvious choice here is HA wrist and boots and LA neck and belt. They do this to maximize the aps gain from demon spark.

This right here makes anyone but the demon seekers who do it laugh. Take this away and I think demon seekers would get a lot more respect. If all they did was wear -interval robes no one would care. It's those LA evasion ornies that lose them street cred. Even sins and archers don't want to wear LA ornies.

As for skills the only one I really think about a lot as a sage seeker is demon Soulsever. That would help so many times in PVE I wish I had it. But I bet lots of demon seekers wish they had the defense from sage spark too. When you put it all together I think they come out pretty close.

For PVP play style commonsense says the main difference is the difference between sage and demon Ion Spike with demon lasting longer. Demon is better but how does Ion Spike help me against the casters who are usually the ones killing me? And I doubt it helps against other seekers because they can QPQ it. But its obviously a strength against LA and HA.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ebrithalia - Dreamweaver
    Ebrithalia - Dreamweaver Posts: 441 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    lol if you wanna talk to me about demon seekers make a char on DreamWeaver server and Wc who is //\\//iko

who are ya b:question

b:laughb:avoid
    Ebrithalia -Sage Seeker
  • Daruvial - Sanctuary
    edited January 2013
    sage unfetter sage blade and sword mastery sage adrenal numbness sage blade affinity (can be argued i guess but i prefer sage) sage darkcloud. demon does have a few good skills but not nearly enough to compare.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    daru try out demon b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Daruvial - Sanctuary
    edited January 2013
    refuse!!!!!b:angry
  • Raphxelion - Raging Tide
    Raphxelion - Raging Tide Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    demon seekers aint bad as long as they go dex built and their r9, with that can see them being equal as sage or better if played right and geared right
  • sirrawrsalots
    sirrawrsalots Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    As a demon seeker, i don't really have a problem at all, i can use demon spark to get aggro whenever needed very survivable, and getting really good aps is going to be a pain, but something i can wait for.
  • Daruvial - Sanctuary
    edited January 2013
    aps and seeker in the same sentence.. -.-
  • Lunari_Fenix - Heavens Tear
    Lunari_Fenix - Heavens Tear Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Didn't see anyone else post the link, but, here you go.
    http://ecatomb.net/skillpwi.php
    As a sage seeker; I'll always be inclined to recommend going sage, but, the differences between the two culti's have balanced themselves out since the sirens expansion. Before the siren expansion; Demons were absolutely ridiculed, and, were pretty sucky compared to sages. The way I see it: Seekers are like a tub of neapolitan ice cream; Sages are chocolate, Demons are strawberry, and the seekers who haven't reached the culti stage is Vanilla; It's really all about what flavour you prefer. I want ice cream.
  • Suikyo - Raging Tide
    edited February 2013
    Didn't see anyone else post the link, but, here you go.
    http://ecatomb.net/skillpwi.php
    As a sage seeker; I'll always be inclined to recommend going sage, but, the differences between the two culti's have balanced themselves out since the sirens expansion. Before the siren expansion; Demons were absolutely ridiculed, and, were pretty sucky compared to sages. The way I see it: Seekers are like a tub of neapolitan ice cream; Sages are chocolate, Demons are strawberry, and the seekers who haven't reached the culti stage is Vanilla; It's really all about what flavour you prefer. I want ice cream.

already have a sage one b:surrender and is getting boring, i can virtually one shot anything equally or worse geared than me which sucks, because when i first started my char was actually hard to kill ppl b:sad that's why this time im going to demon, not for aps, just because it has a handicap against sage in some ways, im not going to dex build either, i myself maked a char on a pserver to test, and was really amazing, was a challenging character but still op b:shocked and u start to notice how helpful is to have sage unfetter/blade affinity/darkcloud, but also is noticeable how fine does work demon QPQ/gemini slash and edged blur in some circumstances, u get a bit squishier than a sage, but u can control a bit more ur battles
  • TieIer - Dreamweaver
    TieIer - Dreamweaver Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    set up demon vortex...then try to get ppl in it i think it wuld be funny as hell
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Suikyo - Raging Tide
    edited February 2013
    set up demon vortex...then try to get ppl in it i think it wuld be funny as hell

who uses vortex on pvp? b:surrender is the worse idea i myself dont even use sage vortex
  • Ebrithalia - Dreamweaver
    Ebrithalia - Dreamweaver Posts: 441 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Only inteligent time to pop vortex is under an IG effect >.> in a cluster of people in group PVP
    Ebrithalia -Sage Seeker
  • TieIer - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2013
    who uses vortex on pvp? b:surrender is the worse idea i myself dont even use sage vortex

the point is it would be funny to stun lock a group of ppl in vortex.............................demon stuns if im not mistaken
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Fonyan - Heavens Tear
    Fonyan - Heavens Tear Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    the point is it would be funny to stun lock a group of ppl in vortex.............................demon stuns if im not mistaken

Good idea! They are totally all grouped together perfectly, patiently waiting in range for your vortex to proc. Unless I'm very much mistaken, the stun only lasts 1 second. Even if you do manage to set up vortex, you'd be long dead before it even stuns 1 person. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Screenshot thread:
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1504791

Currently playing: real life ver. 2.0
  • Daruvial - Sanctuary
    edited February 2013
    man i gotta start posting video's show you guys vortex isnt useless in pvp :$
  • Fonyan - Heavens Tear
    Fonyan - Heavens Tear Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    It's not useless, but the use of it described above is really just a waste of sparks.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Screenshot thread:
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1504791

Currently playing: real life ver. 2.0
  • Suikyo - Raging Tide
    edited February 2013
    yeah, but in my experience only works if u r on a very lagy tw b:surrender also, the stun proc. on the demon vortex is almost as bad as the soul shatter add on bows b:sad
  • TieIer - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2013
    ehh you guys take it too seriously lmao and i get vortex off quite often and dont die bm stuns a few ppl vortex for the hell of it sure if i was trying to not have fun and was trying to be more effiecent i wouldnt use vortex
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Fehmyj - Archosaur
    Fehmyj - Archosaur Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    i am seeker demonb:angryb:dirty
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    SweetieBot - Lothranis Posts: 18,978 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    i am seeker demon
    NECROOO!!!!!!!

Fehmyj - Archosaur replied to a message that was 1 month 9 days 4 hours 23 minutes old.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands
    SweetieBot FAQ / Usage: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1566451

• MechSin - Sanctuary
    MechSin - Sanctuary Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    i made a demon seeker once... it was awful
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited March 2013
    closed for necro.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
This discussion has been closed.