Defense Charm Crafting please help me

Options
aretsuku
aretsuku Posts: 19 Arc User
edited February 2013 in The Crafting Nook
Hey everyone, I just realized that with the release of the Auto-Recovery Stones, there is an option to set when you want your defense charms to be used. With this I've decided to get in the training of Defensive Charm crafting.

I understand that to make those charms you have to decompose gear. Decomposing gear will result in giving the person either Yiyuan Stone (Level 1) Santsai Stone (Level 3) and Wuhsing Stone (Level 5).

After looking around some more i realized all three type of gear make the same Defensive Magic/Physical Charms.

My question for everyone is? Which Stone should i focus more on making, and should i decompose weapons or Armor or Craftman(which is easier and will result in more stones)?

Keep in mind Both my weapon and Armor and Craftman crafting are Level 1 my gear is already T3 so i don't need gear crafting, only reason i would have it up is for those stones.

Any reply will be greatly appreciated tyvm
Post edited by aretsuku on

Comments

• geochris
    geochris Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    The def charms use your apoth skill. you can make def charms and attk charms that use chi stones from lv1 to lv10 (Pstone). The higher the stone used the higher attk bonus or the higher maximum lv of the def charms. If you want to make defence charms that work for lv105 toons you will be using Pstones.

To decomp gear you need the right type and level of skill. If you want to decomp armor you have to have tailor skill leveled. If you want to decomp weps then you need blacksmith. If you want to decomp lv90s gear you need the associated production skill at lv7.

If you are only going to get 1 production skill for decomposing gear then get tailor as you get more random armor than wepons. You also get more use out of your craftsman than blacksmith. To make the charms you need apothicary.
  • OontzOontz - Dreamweaver
    OontzOontz - Dreamweaver Posts: 782 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    The hardest part is going from level 6 to 7. You need stones from g11 gear. But if you buy the cash shop leveling item for apoth, you only need the other skills at 1 since that's the only level oht gear requires.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • skaitavia
    skaitavia Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    All you need is to level up your apothecary.

The easiest way to do that is to farm herbs and make the highest apothecary you can until you reach level 7. From there you'll use perfect stones to level it from 7 to 8 via the weaker Defense Charms, which also includes the use of an Expert Apothecary book that's dropped from mobs in Abaddon and Seat of Torment (to get it to level 8).

You can get perfect stones by decomping OHT gears, which only require level 1 craftsman/tailor/blacksmith to manufacture.

Also, moved to the crafting nook.
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Skaitavia wrote: »
    ay to do that is to farm herbs and make the highest apothecary you can until you reach level 7. From there you'll use perfect stones to level it from 7 to 8

If OP's faction does not have lands, lvl 6 has to be made through attack charms only. Only specific lands allow lvl 6 apoc items to be made.
  • geochris
    geochris Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    If OP's faction does not have lands, lvl 6 has to be made through attack charms only. Only specific lands allow lvl 6 apoc items to be made.

Which is why i suggested raising your tailor skill to decomp the lv90s gear. It takes 120 lv9 chi stones to make one batch of def/attk charms and you need to make 20 batches. It takes a while but it is doable i have over 1000lv9 chi stones now.
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    geochris wrote: »
    Which is why i suggested raising your tailor skill to decomp the lv90s gear. It takes 120 lv9 chi stones to make one batch of def/attk charms and you need to make 20 batches. It takes a while but it is doable i have over 1000lv9 chi stones now.

Thanks for the numbers. Never knew how many people needed. We just solo seat on sins to get the mats during 2x, took 10~15 runs i think.
  • aretsuku
    aretsuku Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Skaitavia wrote: »
    All you need is to level up your apothecary.

The easiest way to do that is to farm herbs and make the highest apothecary you can until you reach level 7. From there you'll use perfect stones to level it from 7 to 8 via the weaker Defense Charms, which also includes the use of an Expert Apothecary book that's dropped from mobs in Abaddon and Seat of Torment (to get it to level 8).

You can get perfect stones by decomping OHT gears, which only require level 1 craftsman/tailor/blacksmith to manufacture.

Also, moved to the crafting nook.
    tyvm i will do this