Is this game worth coming back to?

Bellarie - Raging Tide
Bellarie - Raging Tide Posts: 603 Arc User
edited January 2013 in General Discussion
I left about a year ago due to how horribly the game was being managed, combined with how difficult it was getting to do pretty much ANYTHING without shelling out $$ for perfected gear and everything else. And being a semi-casual gamer, I refuse to make this game a JOB, instead of ENTERTAINMENT. But, I figured it's been a while, things may have gotten a bit better. So I figured I check out the forums and see where things stand. One of the biggest other reasons for me leaving has been rectified to my pleasant surprise(.ini facial editing) So I have decided to give it a try again.

Unfortunately, I log in, and from what I have been told by various players, this game is worse. Supposedly I cannot get a BH squad if I'm not +10 gear or higher, R9 or higher, and just like a year ago, as a level 93 Veno, I will be unable to find an FC squad for leveling due to them being bought/sold instead. I hear TT and BH bosses have been buffed to high hell, and so on. I also was told that this new Nation Wars thing is basically, whoever has the most money, wins.

So in the end, I get no positive feedback ingame. Mind you, I'm one to test it out myself regardless of what I'm told, but I figure, I've gotten better feedback from the forums in the past, so why not ask you all here your opinions. Is it indeed worse, are all of these things true? Am I doomed to never be able to enjoy the game due to the impossibility of me being able to obtain R8 or higher, +10 or higher? Are all of these things I have been told, actually true? Because I would like to play every now and then, especially with the possibility of the new pet overhaul coming, but there is no point if I will be unable to do anything aside from bland dailies, TT and Solo'ing my BH79.

I appreciate all feedback, negative or positive.
Post edited by Bellarie - Raging Tide on

Comments

• //\//iko - Dreamweaver19
    //\//iko - Dreamweaver19 Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Well its definatly easier to obtain higher lvl gear + the server population has gone up.

all in all Nation Wars can be benefited by anyone regardless of gear and lvl. Fc squads can be
    found if your willing to start or look for a little while.

lol I'd say give it a try mabye on a different server

And Nirvana gear is really really easy to get due to the price drop of mats from NW
  • OoArCsTeRoO - Sanctuary
    OoArCsTeRoO - Sanctuary Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I don't know about your server but on Sanctuary you can easily find BH squads and just about squads for everything regardless of gear. With NW canny/raps are so low everyone can easily afford g16 gears.. For general PvE game is alright, for PK i would personally suggest to try another game.
  • //\//iko - Dreamweaver19
    //\//iko - Dreamweaver19 Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I don't know about your server but on Sanctuary you can easily find BH squads and just about squads for everything regardless of gear. With NW canny/raps are so low everyone can easily afford g16 gears.. For general PvE game is alright, for PK i would personally suggest to try another game.

Agreed, and DW is pretty Good aswell
  • XOnOffX - Lost City
    XOnOffX - Lost City Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Well this game is like any other game you do have to do a certain amount of work to get your gear - but it is much easyer now you can get a full set of 2nd cast nv alot easyer then you could even 3 months ago.

As for being +10 r9 ... well it actually depends on the class and if you mind actually having to "play" your char - if you know your char and like to play the game then no you don't need +10 r9 how ever i will say if your a bm or a sin your reqs are pretty high depending on the squad ur after.

I'm a 5.0 demon dragon bm and she gets squads easy enough - i also have a 2nd cast sage amp veno who gets squads .. even before i got her 2nd cast ... the game is what you make it - if you want a easy game to play ... i'd stick to facebook games (not trying to be rude) =s or FPS
  • MyMate - Dreamweaver
    MyMate - Dreamweaver Posts: 558 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Unfortunately, I log in, and from what I have been told by various players, this game is worse. Supposedly I cannot get a BH squad if I'm not +10 gear or higher, R9 or higher, and just like a year ago, as a level 93 Veno, I will be unable to find an FC squad for leveling due to them being bought/sold instead. I hear TT and BH bosses have been buffed to high hell, and so on. I also was told that this new Nation Wars thing is basically, whoever has the most money, wins.

I play on Dreamweaver so things might be slightly different BUT:

BHs does not require you to have +10 gear or R9.. Hell, I'd even let a Sin with H&T and R4 Plate join a BH100 if I knew it would still go well xD

At lvl 93 you'll have a better time finding FC squads then in the 80s, and if you form one you'll fill a squad eventually.. At times it might take up to 30min, but sometimes 1-2 teles is enough, just like any other instance really :o

SoT/Aba have new bosses, but ones you know them they are easy. All you need is a good tank really and know when to stop hit them. Warsong is harder but with a veno you really don't have to worry that much.

NW is fun for any lvl with any gear, and you will get a reward no matter what. Ofc the best players get the best reward, but the other way around would be fked up.
    (i should add, if you're able to attend.. as a eu player on us server i can't .. its too late for me :( )

So, try it out and don't listen to trolls an crybabies. That's the only good advice I can give :)
    "In the beginning, it was claimed that all in Perfect World were equal. But now it seems that some are more equal than others..." ~ Lost City Recluse
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    R8 is now useless unless you plan to go R9.

Look like the brillant people that told you that forgot to tell you that now it's freaking easy to get decent gears. 3rd recast nirvana is now a joke to get with NW.

You can get nice gears in a few weeks. (NW is 2 times a week 2 hours so 4 hours a week is not bad to get 3rd recast nirvana)

In worse case to be able to level just do NW and use some money to buy FC room if really none do anymore. On my server actually there's more people doing FC since NW exist, but I guess it depend on which server you are.

For the rest BH and stuff, no need to be +10, just go in a nice faction, generally faction won't care about class or +10 for bh, if they do then just try a other faction.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Kasira - Harshlands
    Kasira - Harshlands Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I think the point has been missed here somewhat. Her first priority is to level her veno and I can tell you from experience, getting an FC squad as a veno is still practically impossible. I had to level my veno by soloing FC for her with my BM. If you don't have a main who can do that for you, levelling her is going to be a frustrating nightmare, one I personally wouldn't even bother with.
  • MyMate - Dreamweaver
    MyMate - Dreamweaver Posts: 558 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I think the point has been missed here somewhat. Her first priority is to level her veno and I can tell you from experience, getting an FC squad as a veno is still practically impossible. I had to level my veno by soloing FC for her with my BM. If you don't have a main who can do that for you, levelling her is going to be a frustrating nightmare, one I personally wouldn't even bother with.

Unless she is willing to form squads herself. And I for one would love to have a veno in squad for FC :O But not a lot of people are as smart as me ;)
    "In the beginning, it was claimed that all in Perfect World were equal. But now it seems that some are more equal than others..." ~ Lost City Recluse
  • Irca - Harshlands
    Irca - Harshlands Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    If you prove you know what you are doing even in the least little bit you will be fine. A good faction will help you regardless of your class. If someone judges you on your choice don't listen to them and play what you think is fun. xD hence the word "Game"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ON_oFF - Lost City
    ON_oFF - Lost City Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Your not really going to get a helpful answer here - no one can agree - lvling has gotten so easy it isn't funny - go grind 300k an bam that is a frost city bigroom spot

If you play for fun then lvling really isn't an issues and neither is gear now so yes the game is better - i've been playin for awhile now and even i think its gotten better .. you don't have to cash shop just to stay alive...
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited January 2013

Anyway after level 95 no need FC. I did level 95-100 without FC or PV, just with dailies and Morai quest in like a month or less.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • inobo
    inobo Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    hello allb:bye
  • M_ - Dreamweaver
    M_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Well its definatly easier to obtain higher lvl gear + the server population has gone up.

all in all Nation Wars can be benefited by anyone regardless of gear and lvl. Fc squads can be

And Nirvana gear is really really easy to get due to the price drop of mats from NW

server population didnt go up at all....if you think there is 1.5k players on,participateing in nw every weekend you are wrong....1/3 is just alts....(i even know people that log 3 alts + main ^^ )

other then that game is pretty dead during normal week time since all people just log in weekends for nw and tw.....its true that is easy to get high level gear wich is good for pve....for nw it doesnt help since all rank9 going third recast for free and still one shooting you

for thread opener : if you like pve you should come back
  • condo2009
    condo2009 Posts: 406 Arc User
    edited January 2013

not! server population is NOT up even by pw themselves. just added alts makes it seem like it and dual clients
  • Cotillion - Dreamweaver
    Cotillion - Dreamweaver Posts: 671 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    For general PvE game is alright, for PK i would personally suggest to try another game.
    General PvE is less than alright. Unless you prefer having PvE where the only challenge is how fast it can be steamrolled, cause that's all that's left to PvE in this game.
  • Bellarie - Raging Tide
    edited January 2013
    Thanks for the input peeps. As I said, I'm semi-casual, normal play time for me is 3-5 hours every day or two average, but plenty of times where I play more often than that. I play for fun, enjoy PvE while I don't care for PvP, but the problem I was having was getting to the point where there were quests and experiences I was unable to do. With the goons being nerfed due to the exploit, nobody did full FC runs, so I still have yet to experience anything beyond heads. I have the quest chain that leads to opening the second OHT map(Unicorn Forest IIRC)but that requires doing some Delta, and I was told back then that nobody will take someone under 100. Same with a quest I have for Warsong City. And while I'm great in a squad, it was getting very hard to put one together back then due to always having a lack of a tank/healer. Though my most memorable(and enjoyed) FC run was 3 mystics 3 venomancers, only 1 herc.
    I also have an issue with the Blessings. I refuse to "advertise" for a game on my facebook if I feel it has not earned my doing so, but I have also been told that I won't get a squad if I don't have the blessing. I'm decent with my class and how it works with squads, and I'm up to date on gear(tt90 gold) and skills(a few demon ones already). I've managed to survive as a backup tank against bosses, and I also have a Herc for extra backup. I would think this would be more important that having the blessing.

Bottom line, I'm divided on whether to come back. I'd like to at least experience the complete FC, and get my OHT maps unlocked, without having to wait until 100, and I'd like to be able to enjoy the instances where a squad is necessary, without having to join a faction or advertise on facebook for a blessing. I'd like to squad with people who actually enjoy what they are doing and aren't "doing it FAST just to get it done". And most of all, I'm hoping to god that they bring this new pet overhaul I've read about to us, and that it will be empowering to my sexy little gnome.
  • Mr_Lapp - Lost City
    Mr_Lapp - Lost City Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I got back into the game a couple of months ago, they have released new content, skills, and most recent NW. Easier to get gears even at 9x, people can still do some damage from the buffs that you get when you enter a war under 100
  • ponyduck
    ponyduck Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    (excerpt)
    I'd like to squad with people who actually enjoy what they are doing and aren't "doing it FAST just to get it done".

This is the deal-breaker. Apparently only a very, very small percentage of
    players want to PLAY the game--and by this I mean, players who enjoy whatever
    they are doing at the moment. These do quests & runs because they find it
    intrinsically enjoyable; as opposed to those who only do ANYTHING because they
    HAVE to, a necessary & boring (to them) evil that is required to obtain the stuff
    they want.
    --and finding enough of these players on at the same time,
    needing the same run, is nigh impossible. You'll either have to wait & wait if you want an
    all at-level squad, or settle for someone's high-lvl friend or alt to basically run it for
    you. Even players at-level for the instance still tend to insist on bringing in a high
    level because they want to get it done fast.

The overwhelming majority of players have tunnel vision, and leveling & gear are the
    only things they see. Consequently speed & ease are the order of the day.

I must add, I speak of my experience on Lost City. From much I've read on these
    forums, I tend to think pve servers might be somewhat better in this regard. It
    stands to reason, after all, that ppl who joined a pve server would tend to enjoy
    the, well, pve aspect of the game more.
  • Kinjeto - Raging Tide
    Kinjeto - Raging Tide Posts: 564 Arc User
    edited January 2013

Lets see:

* No Structured League PvP Mode.
      * Endgame (if you want to call it that) gear near impossible to get.
      * Super Endgame (if you want to call it that) is limited to the lucky few who pour/poor in large amounts of money with packs.
      * Endgame gear is dictated by cash shop and how much people spend.
      * 3a: Cash shop is still power creep'd.
      * 3b: Meta game is dictated by packs and getting rare stones (Attack and Defense) b:laugh
      * Content Gates and bad uses of gold sinks even though you really don't get enough gold and its all chance in the gold department (BH quest) anyway.
      * Territory War ruined more or less by power creep.
      * Market got famished when Nation Wars was released (server depending on rapture or uncanny crystal prices.)
      * Lack of Perfect Imbalance.
      * Lack of meta game and perfect imbalance leads to stalemate and thus stagnation.
      * Respawn killing in Nation Wars - fail on balance PvP attempted China jeez get it right.
      * Under utilized Dragon Quest Points System - Which could be used to boost the meta game or the Rank 9 issue, which was going to be done this time last year in 2011, until they removed the medals.

Any questions? b:chuckle

Time won't wake/make you wiser, but it will definitely wound you.
      b i t . l y /
      I was a man of ideas and action, but at the same time a gentleman. -- S a Z T u R
      Subtly is never my strong point, but I like to find the gaps in walls and the cracks in bricks.
      Are you kind of seeing what I'm saying. b:bye
    • Kinjeto - Raging Tide
      Kinjeto - Raging Tide Posts: 564 Arc User
      edited January 2013
      Thanks for the input peeps. As I said, I'm semi-casual, normal play time for me is 3-5 hours every day or two average, but plenty of times where I play more often than that. I play for fun, enjoy PvE while I don't care for PvP, but the problem I was having was getting to the point where there were quests and experiences I was unable to do. With the goons being nerfed due to the exploit, nobody did full FC runs, so I still have yet to experience anything beyond heads. I have the quest chain that leads to opening the second OHT map(Unicorn Forest IIRC)but that requires doing some Delta, and I was told back then that nobody will take someone under 100. Same with a quest I have for Warsong City. And while I'm great in a squad, it was getting very hard to put one together back then due to always having a lack of a tank/healer. Though my most memorable(and enjoyed) FC run was 3 mystics 3 venomancers, only 1 herc.
      I also have an issue with the Blessings. I refuse to "advertise" for a game on my facebook if I feel it has not earned my doing so, but I have also been told that I won't get a squad if I don't have the blessing. I'm decent with my class and how it works with squads, and I'm up to date on gear(tt90 gold) and skills(a few demon ones already). I've managed to survive as a backup tank against bosses, and I also have a Herc for extra backup. I would think this would be more important that having the blessing.

Bottom line, I'm divided on whether to come back. I'd like to at least experience the complete FC, and get my OHT maps unlocked, without having to wait until 100, and I'd like to be able to enjoy the instances where a squad is necessary, without having to join a faction or advertise on facebook for a blessing. I'd like to squad with people who actually enjoy what they are doing and aren't "doing it FAST just to get it done". And most of all, I'm hoping to god that they bring this new pet overhaul I've read about to us, and that it will be empowering to my sexy little gnome.

Yeah and not a lot of tanks sort of 'don't participate now, due to the repair costs and the removal of that that gold coin reward from Delta, even though the gold coin reward in the terms of things was kind of, fiscal (yes as in the cliff)'. Because China thinks that botters/gold sellers would do Delta. Seriously China... get a clue. 6 man dungeon with varying stages of difficulty. Please.

Also on regards to the TT90 Gold set should be fine. Barbarian, Cleric and Damager (Seeker or Archer) are the ones that have to worry.
      Time won't wake/make you wiser, but it will definitely wound you.
      b i t . l y /
      I was a man of ideas and action, but at the same time a gentleman. -- S a Z T u R
      Subtly is never my strong point, but I like to find the gaps in walls and the cracks in bricks.
      Are you kind of seeing what I'm saying. b:bye
    • x201x
      x201x Posts: 10 Arc User
      edited January 2013
      everything so cheap and easy to farm
    • Toliman - Raging Tide
      Toliman - Raging Tide Posts: 1,595 Arc User
      edited January 2013
      x201x wrote: »
      everything so cheap and easy to farm

Can I use above words as password to obtain high level Rank equipment+12 with DoDs ?
    • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
      Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
      edited January 2013

* Endgame (if you want to call it that) gear near impossible to get.
      * Super Endgame (if you want to call it that) is limited to the lucky few who pour/poor in large amounts of money with packs.
      * Endgame gear is dictated by cash shop and how much people spend.
      Any questions? b:chuckle
      you forget some competent pple mostly merchant. A fact that alot like to pretend dont exist cause they cant.

@OP
      You may want to play about a month and see how it goes. Luck may change depending on the week. Altho for 'fun' or not, if your not willing to adapt, then you may find yourself left behind.
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
      ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
      edited January 2013
      you forget some competent pple mostly merchant. A fact that alot like to pretend dont exist cause they cant.
      While this is true, and i do it myself, how is a new player or one who's been away supposed to? There's little left to farm to get started.
      Besides that, the Op sounds like someone who wants to play a game....not AFK merchant. And that being said, PvE is dead. The main method of farming now is a PvP instance. And as others have said PvE instances are very rarely run for fun or in actual proper squads or with any strategy other than to be facerolled in as little time as possible.....so people can get back to standing around complaining how bored they are, I guess.
      Throwing out merchanting as an answer is hardly one.....since you're still not actually playing the game at all which is what I think the OP was actually asking about.
    • Blackula__ - Archosaur
      Blackula__ - Archosaur Posts: 56 Arc User
      edited January 2013
      Thank you Cot,

It was nice to hear someone say this....I returned to the game because I had some free time and I remembered it was fun....There are still some aspects that are fun but it is not easy to get high level gear. I tried to get tt runs the ENTIRE time we had 2x drops and I could not get a decently geared group together. I would try and all of us who need the mats are not strong enough to kill Emperor (3-2 for example). I did NW multiple times and I guess I could sell the tokens I have gotten but I am not sure if those really sell for all that much anyways since so many people get 100s of them. Anyways, I have found it very frustrating since I have all these tokens but cant get the tt99 gear to use them on.

PvP is still ok.....even on a moderately to lame geared player. I have only used ranged toons for PvP (cleric and archer)....Basically I try to sneak attack someone ....and if their health doesn't drop I run for the hills b:laugh Its always funny as a archer when you spark and hit a wizard and it doesn't even show.....some wizards are running around with 14k hp! Oh, and psychics just allow me to suicide on them. Its very possible that i am doing something wrong but I feel like my older brother is saying "why are you punching yourself in the face" every time I try to attack them:)
    • OoArCsTeRoO - Sanctuary
      OoArCsTeRoO - Sanctuary Posts: 171 Arc User
      edited January 2013
      General PvE is less than alright. Unless you prefer having PvE where the only challenge is how fast it can be steamrolled, cause that's all that's left to PvE in this game.

Why the hell everyone compare runs to +10 refine people runs? For a normal tt99+4/5 squad PvE is still good fun and challenging. I pulled delta wave 3 on lvl 5 armour we got from dream caster packs and it was funny and challendng to survive with 15k hp and low defence.

Obviously PvE is broken with broken gears everyone knows that but PvE is still challenging for not OP gear. Full warsong/AEU/Lunar/Nix Valley is good if u dont have any high refine people in squad.

People just like to complain because OP squads can do everything in 10 mins but why u compare with them? You can form your own squads and have your own fun, not just game but nowadays everywhere its so much competition people forgot to have fun for themselves.
      edited January 2013
      For a normal tt99+4/5 squad PvE is still good fun and challenging. I pulled delta wave 3 on lvl 5 armour we got from dream caster packs and it was funny and challendng to survive with 15k hp and low defence.
      Dude, I so agree with you. The PvE is great fun when done with the gear it was intended to be run in. But finding these people who want to run for fun....well that's another story. The majority of the PWI population has been weened and dumbed down to being used to blowing through these instances in as little time as is humanly possible with as little effort as possible. Making such a squad can be quite a challenge, and even when you do - having noone in it who doesnt complain how long its taking or why we didnt get more APS or rank9's to go faster is also a problem.

I agree with everything you said, except about why compare to the OP squads. The OP blasting through PvE content has to be the standard to compare to because it is what the majority of the playerbase expects or is used to or will only run PvE in that way. I'm not saying all of them, but a large portion of.
    • Bellarie - Raging Tide
      edited January 2013
      I appreciate all the input since my last post. I think I'll stick around, give it some time. I figure, I'll get enjoyment out of doing all the new quests available, and if I can get two more levels, I'd like to experience the Morai stuff. I can solo my own BH's, and I figure I'll also enjoy running "free wined BH's" for lower levels who can't find a decent squad. I still would like to get my OHT quests done, is there any chance at all I'll be able to do them before lvl 100? I'm worried that the Delta involvement will stop me.

Also, .ini editing ftw! This is a big plus to me.
    • Laphroaig - Raging Tide
      Laphroaig - Raging Tide Posts: 194 Arc User
      edited January 2013
      My recommendation would be to find a faction that is more suited to PvE rather than PvP. They do still exist as I am in one. I have always been a more casual gamer, and have never liked PvP in games as it tends to bring the worst attitudes in people, and it just never has been my interest. Just read wc for a couple of days and the holier than thou verbiage spew forth like a waterfall during the rainy season. Mind you not all PKers are like this, just a vast majority of them.

Now a more PvE centric faction will be at a disadvantage in NW, as people used to PvP, in TW factions, or with the best gears will tend to take advantage of the situation, but still you can make a fair amount of tokens in most cases.

PvE happy factions also don't tend to care that it takes an hour to do an instance as opposed to 20 minutes, and don't often look for certain classes, when a different class can suffice. They also tend to be more available in helping people with dungeons, BH, FB, FC, TT, OHT, etc as long as the people who help whenever aren't already busy themselves. I don't mind helping lower levels when a full squad of like levels aren't available, though personally I prefer to log in an alt to help,, that might also need the same BH, or be closer in level to it.

In a nutshell, find a faction that has a similar playstyle as yourself, that doesn't call everyone that can't do certain instances a fast as superman "fail"
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Leave the gun. Take the cannoli" - Peter Clemenza

Level 101 kinky Demon BM and exquisite scotch sipper
    • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
      Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
      edited January 2013

I don't know who you have been talking to, but they seem pretty clueless.

First of all, for BHs in the 90s *nobody* cares about gear. You never see a link weapon ad for those BHs. Now, when you get to BH100, occasionally you will see a link weapon ad. I don't bother with those squads because it annoys me and they are few and far between anyway. Most people don't care for BH100 because the BHs are really quite easy if you just work together and don't behave stupidly. Admittedly, it can be a bit harder to get into squads depending on your class (my wiz never gets squads for Metal unless I make one), but I find it quite easy to make them. So many people sit around waiting for someone else to wc that you get a wall of responses most of the time. But I manage to run 8 BH100s a day and I am nowhere near +10 gear. My arcanes are TT99 +5 gear at the moment, and a lot use Morai weapons.

As far as FF goes, that's not something I run but I see piles of squads in wc, mostly in the 90s range and a few in the 80s. Sure, there are also piles of ads for people selling it, but those are meant for the 1-79 range so everyone above that makes squads to run the instance. I can't really see you having a problem here. And if you can't find one, make one... lots of people just watch wc so it generally isn't hard to fill things like that.

TT bosses have been the same for a very long time. They did change two BH 100 bosses but they are easy as long as the squad isn't stupid. And casters are generally taken a little more to these bosses than they had been to the previous versions. Venos especially because they can purge the heal.

Nation Wars just depends on practice and strategy. A member of my faction who is level 60something gets tokens every time, and obviously she doesn't have great gear because there isn't much available at that level.

What it comes down to is you just have to give it a try and see for yourself. Don't listen to people that give only negative replies - there are enough of us still playing that obviously the game isn't dead, and some of us find it quite fun without being top geared individuals or spending piles of cash. It is what you make of it.
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
      Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
      Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
      Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842