PWI Refining Simulator

Comments

• Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Is there a way to change prices for items?

I get my gold at different prices, and wait for good sales, so my orb cost is lower, was wondering if that could be changed? Would make it closer to what i expect.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Is there a way to change prices for items?

I get my gold at different prices, and wait for good sales, so my orb cost is lower, was wondering if that could be changed? Would make it closer to what i expect.

Not yet but when I get around to it you'll be able to click on the refine aid icons on the right to set the price.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • OIdpop - Heavens Tear
    OIdpop - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,052 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    lets all simulate and dream then go in game and do the simulations and rage quit b:laugh
    This game is like washing hair with shampoo... Rinse and repeat if desired.
    Proud owner of many mains.101 bm,101 seeker,101 demon sin,100 sage sin,101 archer,101 barb,100 cleric,100 wiz( first toon since sept 08 finally made it in 2013)newly added mystic 100 HA,72 psy.
  • AshenSkies - Heavens Tear
    AshenSkies - Heavens Tear Posts: 949 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    lets all simulate and dream then go in game and do the simulations and rage quit b:laugh

b:chucklegonna have the worst luck with my G16 magic sword...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    _Surreal_
    Thank you Silvychar for my siggy :)
  • chaoticshelly
    chaoticshelly Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Asterelle, 5 days passed and I think the topic got its well deserved recognition - I'll be moving and sticking it in the cracfting nook! Thanks for creating this nifty tool :)
    edited July 2012
    Added a feature now to allow you to set the price of refine Aids. You just click the icon of the aid in the results window and you should get a nifty dialog.

This setting is also remembered between sessions so you don't have to keep setting it.
    Asterelle, 5 days passed and I think the topic got its well deserved recognition - I'll be moving and sticking it in the cracfting nook! Thanks for creating this nifty tool :)

No problem.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Added a feature now to allow you to set the price of refine Aids. You just click the icon of the aid in the results window and you should get a nifty dialog..

Thank you b:pleased.
  • STommys - Heavens Tear
    STommys - Heavens Tear Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    My last post gave me ideas on how to make the auto refine better. So I did, and now it is awesome. It lets you test all sort of combinations. But it might also be a bit complex. Anyway here it is:

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B8OaBgc05Pe6cnF2eXRyUUxuXzg

BTW... nice ponny easter egg b:laugh
    edited July 2012
    My last post gave me ideas on how to make the auto refine better. So I did, and now it is awesome. It lets you test all sort of combinations. But it might also be a bit complex. Anyway here it is:

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B8OaBgc05Pe6cnF2eXRyUUxuXzg

BTW... nice ponny easter egg b:laugh

Aww killing off the interactivity D: Ohh well it's pretty cool.
    I've added it with a couple tweeks, mostly to allow you to specify a non-mirage at +0
    I'm unsure about the number spinner though... that control can be a bit strange looking.
    I might change it to a dropdown later.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Pyrostormz - Raging Tide
    Pyrostormz - Raging Tide Posts: 956 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    i like the rules you just added

lets me simulate more
    ┌─┐
    ┴─┴
    ಠ_ರೃ
  • STommys - Heavens Tear
    edited July 2012
    Aww killing off the interactivity D: Ohh well it's pretty cool.
    I've added it with a couple tweeks, mostly to allow you to specify a non-mirage at +0
    I'm unsure about the number spinner though... that control can be a bit strange looking.
    I might change it to a dropdown later.

It does kill it, but it is pretty cool.

Oops, forgot about adding aids at 0 refine... was always testing with higher values... b:surrender

Maybe the number input is not the best, but not sure about a 12 number select either...
  • TechDawg - Sanctuary
    TechDawg - Sanctuary Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Very nicely done. If I had one suggestion/request it would be that when you pressed the Reset button, the current Refining aid enabled would be removed, so that your next attempt would again follow the rules you've set up.

Thank you for the time you put into this and for sharing it with the rest of us :)
  • STommys - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2012
    Very nicely done. If I had one suggestion/request it would be that when you pressed the Reset button, the current Refining aid enabled would be removed, so that your next attempt would again follow the rules you've set up.

If you are trying to use a refine aid since a level greater than 1, you could just set a rule with mirages since level 0. Using mirages as part of the rule would remove any aid since the refine level specified until the next rule if there is one.

I saw some new changes... I liked them. It would be great if you added the titles font too for the windows.
    I am not sure if I like the center aligment of the simulator... maybe I am just used to have it to the left.
    edited August 2012
    If you are trying to use a refine aid since a level greater than 1, you could just set a rule with mirages since level 0. Using mirages as part of the rule would remove any aid since the refine level specified until the next rule if there is one.

I saw some new changes... I liked them. It would be great if you added the titles font too for the windows.
    I am not sure if I like the center aligment of the simulator... maybe I am just used to have it to the left.

The problem I had with using the game font for the window titles was that the titles would be blank for a second until the fonts were loaded which I found annoying. Because of that I'm only using it in elements not immediately visible. Also I noticed the fonts still rendered differently across different browsers. Chrome on windows performed poorly in using that font for the chat messages in-line layout while firefox and chrome for mac os didn't have that problem. The foray into custom web fonts has left a somewhat sour impression on me so I don't think I'll push it any farther.

I liked left justify too kinda but a center layout is far more standard, just look at this forum. After using it centered for a while I found it didn't bother me anymore.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tripletriad
    tripletriad Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Thanks for this neat calc Asterelle b:thanks
    I can't find any cheaper method than using dOrbs tho.. >.> my luck is so bad with this..

Anyway, I noticed that the price of dOrbs/tisha/tienkang/chienkun in your calc is a fixed value. Is it possible to make them as an input variable? so ppl from every server can input a different price according to the market price of these items on their server b:thanks
    edited August 2012
    Thanks for this neat calc Asterelle b:thanks
    I can't find any cheaper method than using dOrbs tho.. >.> my luck is so bad with this..

Anyway, I noticed that the price of dOrbs/tisha/tienkang/chienkun in your calc is a fixed value. Is it possible to make them as an input variable? so ppl from every server can input a different price according to the market price of these items on their server b:thanks

You have to click the icons on the right.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tripletriad
    tripletriad Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    You have to click the icons on the right.

oh, my bad, I didn't notice that before b:shy

so, after adjusting to sanctuary price,
    I can't go below 181 mils to make +10 armor b:shocked
  • STommys - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2012
    b:laugh LoL just saw the WC with my name in it b:laugh

BTW... my in-game name is sTommys...

Wouldnt adding a second font-family for the titles solve the custom font issue? Times New Roman or Georgia would be ok until the game font loads. An ultimate solution, would be to just put the names on the images, and making one for the autorefine
    edited August 2012
    Updated your name. I don't think I'd be very satisfied with more font stuff but I might look into it again.

I'd rather add some interesting functionality but can't really think of anything good.
    Maybe I should find a way somehow to tie the new commenting system I added into the random World Chats?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • x12345apx
    x12345apx Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    how about stop being such trollface **** and eliminate the whole refining lvl reset annoyance. why should ppl spend so much mony only to have it taken completely from them for nothing. srsly, whoever implemented such a bull**** things is a complete ****tard. im sick of this game taking my hard earned money and giving me **** in return. the way i see it, pwi can either get rid of this unfair bull**** or go **** themselves entirely.
  • TpachecoFDTD - Heavens Tear
    TpachecoFDTD - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    This is awesome!
  • Terrastrike - Lost City
    Terrastrike - Lost City Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Everyone always tells me to refine at Misfortune Elder D:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2012
    Everyone always tells me to refine at Misfortune Elder D:

Go for it! Count Misfortune added b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2012
    Small update. Added the ability to select male / female at the top (changes the look of some icons).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Vixre - Harshlands
    Vixre - Harshlands Posts: 249 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    is that world chat thingie live? o.O
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2012
    is that world chat thingie live? o.O

Nah it's just a simulation. Part of the skill of being a refining expert is learning how to ignore distractions. It would be cool though if it was real. Thanks again for the hosting space!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • peakinout
    peakinout Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Awesome toy! :D

I tried it for about 30 min, and I can't seem to get the bow to 7+ with over 100 mil of mirages and refine aids. D: Can anyone?

i started using the auto-refine and left it set to 0 seconds, then you can just "roll" it like dice.
  • peakinout
    peakinout Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    x12345apx wrote: »
    how about stop being such trollface **** and eliminate the whole refining lvl reset annoyance. why should ppl spend so much mony only to have it taken completely from them for nothing. srsly, whoever implemented such a bull**** things is a complete ****tard. im sick of this game taking my hard earned money and giving me **** in return. the way i see it, pwi can either get rid of this unfair bull**** or go **** themselves entirely.

#Whyumadbro: Its like gamlbing, use DO's....
  • _Potency_ - Momaganon
    _Potency_ - Momaganon Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    2 questions what kind of random function do you use , my neuronal network picked up a pattern much faster vs the stdlib functions used in pwi , also where did you get your equations from , rev engineered the leaked server or got them off forums and such?
    edited April 2013
    2 questions what kind of random function do you use , my neuronal network picked up a pattern much faster vs the stdlib functions used in pwi , also where did you get your equations from , rev engineered the leaked server or got them off forums and such?

It's just javascript's Math.random()
    function refine() {
    	var refineAid = settings.currentRefineAid;
    	var refineGear = settings.currentGear;
    	if (refineAid == null || refineGear == null) {
    		return;
    	}
    	var originalRefineLevel = refineGear.refineLevel;
    	var successChance = refineAid.chances[Math.min(originalRefineLevel, 11)];
    	consume(refineAid, refineGear.numMirages);
    	if ([COLOR="Red"]Math.random() < successChance[/COLOR]) {
    		//Congrats!
    		refineGear.refineLevel = Math.min(12, refineGear.refineLevel+1);
    	} else {
    		if (refineAid.failType == RefineFail.RESET)
    			refineGear.refineLevel = 0;
    		else if (refineAid.failType == RefineFail.DECREMENT) 
    			refineGear.refineLevel = Math.max(0, refineGear.refineLevel - 1);
    	}
    	refineGear.refineCount++;
    	refineGear.refineCounts[refineGear.refineLevel]++;
    	refineGear.bestRefine = Math.max(refineGear.bestRefine, refineGear.refineLevel);
    	refineMessageLog(originalRefineLevel, refineGear.refineLevel);
    	updateResults();
    }

The refine chances are taken from the wiki page http://pwi-wiki.perfectworld.com/index.php/Refining. They were originally teased from the data files by someone else running the game in debug mode. I've verified the chances for some of the items encoded in elements.data http://i.imgur.com/GLGIKdV.png
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]