No class is needed

13»

Comments

• Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    That reminds me of a few BH runs and even FC runs (lv.100+ mind you) that I've done a long time ago and even occurring now a days. Most FC runs can be cleared without a healer present and even without a full squad lol. I lmao when I see someone invite a barb or seeker, see that we don't have a sin for BP - then start with the "Np BP???" "Gonna take long without 1 D:" "Sorry, I need sin..."drops squad

Then we start clearing and the whole run takes no more than 20-25 minutes LOL b:bye
    And it's for this reason (among others) that when I build a squad for FF or almost anything, I allow a max of one sin (unless the second one is a friend/guildie). Any more than that and they start to dominate the whole squad's playstyle and whine when certain members (i.e. not them) are being "slow." -_- When there's only one in squad, I notice that they tend to stay quiet and whine less because they know that they can be kicked and replaced in a heartbeat. :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Let's not forget that the speed of the run is no more worthy a criteria than having the ideal classes. You don't need a sin or a BM any more than you need a barb or a cleric. Nobody wants their Metal or Aba/SoT to take an hour, but some people take impatience to the extreme by requiring aps kills and crazy damage outputs via HF. And HF is awesome, don't get me wrong, but it's no more required than the barb's HP or the cleric's BB. And don't even get me started on people who whine about BP. XD

Agreed. Most of the time when I make BH squads I try to grab the lesser taken classes that reply to my ad instead of BMs and sins.

And I do agree that no class is neccesary as the original post states. When I'm making BH squads, I know I can't tank them but I always advertise for tank as opposed to barb because there are a lot of people that aren't barbs that can tank (and often more efficiently, like ranged classes in Metal). The downside to this is getting replies from people who insist they can tank but cannot, leading to several squad wipes trying before you kick them to find someone else.

As far as healer goes, generally if a mystic replies I will ask if they are comfortable healing. But 90% of the time I end up finding a cleric because they tell me they are not. I will never assume that a mystic can heal the instance without asking because I have found quite a few of them prefer to DD and ignore any role in healing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • Laphroaig - Raging Tide
    Laphroaig - Raging Tide Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I tend to group with a mystic, and a seeker as a 3 party squad and whatever we tend to do, we seem to do quite well. We each know our place in the squad and have learned each others mannerisms.

This doesnt mean no other class is welcomed in our squad but if we can't find a faction member or friend of a different class, we go as a squad of three and have a great time doing it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Leave the gun. Take the cannoli" - Peter Clemenza

Level 101 kinky Demon BM and exquisite scotch sipper
  • Castgurl - Raging Tide
    Castgurl - Raging Tide Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    And it's for this reason (among others) that when I build a squad for FF or almost anything, I allow a max of one sin (unless the second one is a friend/guildie). Any more than that and they start to dominate the whole squad's playstyle and whine when certain members (i.e. not them) are being "slow." -_- When there's only one in squad, I notice that they tend to stay quiet and whine less because they know that they can be kicked and replaced in a heartbeat. :P

b:laugh Ahhh like a boss lol - show those fishies who's boss! b:angry

Agreed. Most of the time when I make BH squads I try to grab the lesser taken classes that reply to my ad instead of BMs and sins.

And I do agree that no class is neccesary as the original post states. When I'm making BH squads, I know I can't tank them but I always advertise for tank as opposed to barb because there are a lot of people that aren't barbs that can tank (and often more efficiently, like ranged classes in Metal). The downside to this is getting replies from people who insist they can tank but cannot, leading to several squad wipes trying before you kick them to find someone else.

Omfg tell me about it - I always get sins whispering me when I wc for a tank for let's say BH, screaming at me that they can tank. Then they fill the last spot and go: "No tank??"
    -_-

As far as healer goes, generally if a mystic replies I will ask if they are comfortable healing. But 90% of the time I end up finding a cleric because they tell me they are not. I will never assume that a mystic can heal the instance without asking because I have found quite a few of them prefer to DD and ignore any role in healing.

Just..I dunno x.x what is up with people on RT lol - and ^*agrees with what has been said*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Castgurl.com - Beast Domes comic soon to be under contract.
    People that act tough in this game are the lowest people irl...
    2nd RB Veno 103/TooLazy/TooLazy (I will update.)
    2nd RB Sage Barb - Lrugtasc (Active)
    Youtube/Castgurl - PWI
    Facebook/BeastDomes and you can find it on Google+
    If you flame me or disrespect me I will BL you. No questions asked. b:kiss
  • akosireann
    akosireann Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013

Just..I dunno x.x what is up with people on RT lol - and ^*agrees with what has been said*

The thing about most if not nearly all RT players is they are too stubborn to try any other more unconventional squad builds except that those members ''can haz bp'' except the healer.

b:surrender Just to show how fail a mentality most peeps in RagingTards has I had a seeker squad member refusing to go to a bh dw2 without bp and full cleric buffs when they found out a myst (mine) is solo healing
    Go Pure or go Fail

You have enemies? Good. That means you stood up for something in your life - Winston Churchill

Status of PvP in RT

The best pk in Raging Tides is in World Chat- Dylena
  • Castgurl - Raging Tide
    edited January 2013
    akosireann wrote: »
    The thing about most if not nearly all RT players is they are too stubborn to try any other more unconventional squad builds except that those members ''can haz bp'' except the healer.

b:surrender Just to show how fail a mentality most peeps in RagingTards has I had a seeker squad member refusing to go to a bh dw2 without bp and full cleric buffs when they found out a myst (mine) is solo healing

I have done quite a number of Deltas with a Mystic as healer (and let me tell you most of them did an excellent job at it!) And got no complaints - it always seems like the bms (lol tablet auto typed that as 'bums' LOL) or seekers and sins that freaking just fc their tuss to 100 without learning anything about the true capabilities of each and every class. b:shutup How about some people leave an fc or even bh squad when they see TWO r8/9 venos in there or two freaking mystics >.>; (Had that happened earlier LMAO) I'm just like...b:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Youtube/Castgurl - PWI
  • Erryne - Sanctuary
    Erryne - Sanctuary Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I have done quite a number of Deltas with a Mystic as healer (and let me tell you most of them did an excellent job at it!) And got no complaints - it always seems like the bms (lol tablet auto typed that as 'bums' LOL) or seekers and sins that freaking just fc their tuss to 100 without learning anything about the true capabilities of each and every class. b:shutup How about some people leave an fc or even bh squad when they see TWO r8/9 venos in there or two freaking mystics >.>; (Had that happened earlier LMAO) I'm just like...b:angry

I often pull and tank BH metal on my psychic, 1 time I managed to make a faction run, our cleric had quite a surprise when he saw that outside of myself, the only people who had answered my call were R8 to R9 venos.

I also started doing BH delta2 as puller/tank a few time(faction base's buff are nice here), with my sibling dualboxing her cleric and archer. Since I know from my 1st try that it still work with 2 random average sins and a random archer from WC, I'm not exactly picky there...
  • thumbs
    thumbs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I also started doing BH delta2 as puller/tank a few time(faction base's buff are nice here), with my sibling dualboxing her cleric and archer.

Why pull? When I started making wave 3 squads I had to tell some stupid bm to stop trying to pull once (after I asked him not to pull already). Other times I had to tell them that we didn't need a puller. No one really answers when I ask them in squad why about things like pulling, or why they want the cleric at opening of spawn area (unless it's a really dumb answer). My wiz tanks so much easier w/o pulls, and time is saved. Even the last mobs of wave 3 haven't been a problem like they can be with some wannabe puller dying on them.

I do pull on barb because I can AoE so much better when I'm getting the chi from mobs hitting me. Often I'm the main AoE dd as barb so I keep the squishies safe. I can understand it in that context, but I remember the barbs of old were **** at doing AoEs.
  • Castgurl - Raging Tide
    edited January 2013
    thumbs wrote: »
    Why pull? When I started making wave 3 squads I had to tell some stupid bm to stop trying to pull once (after I asked him not to pull already). Other times I had to tell them that we didn't need a puller. No one really answers when I ask them in squad why about things like pulling, or why they want the cleric at opening of spawn area (unless it's a really dumb answer). My wiz tanks so much easier w/o pulls, and time is saved. Even the last mobs of wave 3 haven't been a problem like they can be with some wannabe puller dying on them.

I do pull on barb because I can AoE so much better when I'm getting the chi from mobs hitting me. Often I'm the main AoE dd as barb so I keep the squishies safe. I can understand it in that context, but I remember the barbs of old were **** at doing AoEs.

Indeed they were a few years back. I used to have a freaking heart attack watching everyone else's HP while in the back rooms. Especially barbs because they would try to be superman lol...at times I myself felt like the cleric...b:shocked
    Now a days I see barbs pull (if needed) gain the extra chi from B.R. and simply Arms the mobs in each pull lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Youtube/Castgurl - PWI
  • Bellarie - Raging Tide
    Bellarie - Raging Tide Posts: 603 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I once joined an FC run that was, counting myself, three venomancers, three Mystics. No barb, no cleric, no sin, no 5aps, no uber-geared. I had my Gnome, the other two veno pets were a Kowlin and a single herc. And it was the fastest, smoothest, easiest FC I ever did. We took out the second boss's minions so fast he ended up in his weakened state, the other bosses were easy peasy cheesy febreezy. And most importantly, it was loads of fun, both proving wrong people who would say it couldn't be done.