Weapon fashion...Hmm

Options
Teseanna - Heavens Tear
Teseanna - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,021 Arc User
edited March 2013 in General Discussion
Well as cool as it sounds, i can't help but think...

Couldn't the idea be put to another use?

Say, Veno pet fashion?!?

Stop me if i'm wrong, but veno's get the short end of the stick in this game.
Why not do this? It couldn't be too hard to do. I don't mean pet clothes, i mean a whole new pet model. Say, i wan't my Glacial Walker to look like a Crystalline Warden. Imagine the potential. A whole new tab in the boutique. Make it strictly Veno pets. No all-class pets.
This must be exclusive to being a Veno.

What an idea, eh?
Post edited by Teseanna - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Kniraven - Lost City
    Kniraven - Lost City Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Support this.
    The legendary pets are sort of supposed to be hercules and the Phoenix so i don't think making the herc looking like say a Dalmatian would be that great an idea, but adding some kind of customizable uniqueness would be great.

I want a white nix.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • __Conn - Archosaur
    __Conn - Archosaur Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    I like weapon fashions but i just hate that it goes so much against a class because most wep fash like in the other games are silly. Like say if there were a teddy bear wear fash on a wizard, it just doesnt fit to a magical being.
    Dont know if anyone gets wat im saying :x
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    I don't really like the deceptive examples you gave but in priciple I think skills in general could use more visual customizability. For example, I'd love to have a purple demon spark instead of red.

Besides triple spark, the level 59 2-spark skills would be a good place to add this functionality. The easiest thing would be if you could go to the seamstress and "dye" your skills from there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Laphroaig - Raging Tide
    Laphroaig - Raging Tide Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Weapon "fashion" sounds like a most moronic idea. Personally, the direction PWI has gone has had me inching closer and closer to the exit door. As it stands right now, the only real interest I've had with the game are the friends I have made. But weapon fashion....deal breaker for me. I will gladly take my $$$ elsewhere, and I am one of those with plenty of expendable cash for gaming.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Leave the gun. Take the cannoli" - Peter Clemenza

Level 101 kinky Demon BM and exquisite scotch sipper
  • Fryvorg - Sanctuary
    Fryvorg - Sanctuary Posts: 299 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    The easiest thing would be if you could go to the seamstress and "dye" your skills from there.
    Dyeing would've been my key word, too, but for op's suggestion. Creating new models is much work for such a restricted idea (1 out of 10 classes), but colouring the pets would be practically no additional work and yet another way to make money. Who doesn't want to see a poisonously green Herc? b:laugh
    World is full of illusions.

What if I played a Cleric?

All Joy In Keeping Us Medically Energetic.
  • Taiako - Dreamweaver
    Taiako - Dreamweaver Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Pet clothes is the way to go IMO.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BerserkBeast - Sanctuary
    BerserkBeast - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Underwear fashion b:dirty
    The only way to beat a troll is....to troll him back b:angry
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Not awesome enough to make me say "OMG I must get back to playing my veno!!!"

Besides, the problem with pets lies elsewhere imo. Not in their fashion but in the fact that they're of so little use in squads at endgame.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Laphroaig - Raging Tide
    Laphroaig - Raging Tide Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    So, someone want to clarify exactly what "weapon fashion" is? I saw some thread recently that linked PWCN and a boutique screen of something or the other. If its like a bouquet of flowers instead of a wand, or a sock instead of a sword, or a lollipop instead of a hammer, then I will have lost all faith in this game, of which there isn't much left to lose anyway.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Leave the gun. Take the cannoli" - Peter Clemenza

Level 101 kinky Demon BM and exquisite scotch sipper
  • DeffyNature - Archosaur
    DeffyNature - Archosaur Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    So, someone want to clarify exactly what "weapon fashion" is? I saw some thread recently that linked PWCN and a boutique screen of something or the other. If its like a bouquet of flowers instead of a wand, or a sock instead of a sword, or a lollipop instead of a hammer, then I will have lost all faith in this game, of which there isn't much left to lose anyway.

That is the weapon fashion indeed...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Ehh, weapon fashion can be potentially a great idea but I have my doubts Wanmei, or whoever is in charge, will pull it off nicely.

On the other hand, pet fashion is probably something that has been suggested many times. Heck, pet armor even. I'd honestly love to see that but I gotta agree with Xainou here. The most important issue regarding pets is that they lost their usefulness in endgame content. I won't say they are obsolete but they are certainly not as useful or durable as they used to be. I'm hoping the upcoming update will improve the pets.

Hmm, think I got a little off topic :p
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Cellerus - Archosaur
    Cellerus - Archosaur Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    I suggest that PWI should do something to update the pet system since my veno's froggy isn't much more than fashion.

Pet armor does sound like a good idea. Something like genie gears for pets?
  • MetzliDemon - Harshlands
    MetzliDemon - Harshlands Posts: 354 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    I don't really like the deceptive examples you gave but in priciple I think skills in general could use more visual customizability. For example, I'd love to have a purple demon spark instead of red.

Besides triple spark, the level 59 2-spark skills would be a good place to add this functionality. The easiest thing would be if you could go to the seamstress and "dye" your skills from there.

Dyeing skills would totally rock :D
    What about a Black Spark?! :o haha b:chuckle

But I think dyeing skills should be limited.. Like, not all skills could be dyeable.. Otherwise it started to be very confusing about which skill is what when we look at other char and see diferent colors... :s
    MetzliDemon - 102 Celestial Demon Assassin f:grin
    AmyDemon - 96 Demon Cleric
    ShekmetDemon - 81 Venomancer
    MictianDemon - 68 Blademaster
    HecateDemon - 60 Mystic
    AhrinamDemon - 50 Psychic
    AliahDemon - 24 Seeker
    And there's a 75 Barbarian too! f:cute
  • Irca - Harshlands
    Irca - Harshlands Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    it might actually be neat but voted no because of the lack of well....nice wep fashion. The options are, well, fugly.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Chigenkaiona - Dreamweaver
    Chigenkaiona - Dreamweaver Posts: 756 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Well as cool as it sounds, i can't help but think...

Couldn't the idea be put to another use?

Say, Veno pet fashion?!?

Stop me if i'm wrong, but veno's get the short end of the stick in this game.
    Why not do this? It couldn't be too hard to do. I don't mean pet clothes, i mean a whole new pet model. Say, i wan't my Glacial Walker to look like a Crystalline Warden. Imagine the potential. A whole new tab in the boutique. Make it strictly Veno pets. No all-class pets.
    This must be exclusive to being a Veno.

What an idea, eh?

I believe they are attempting to do something for the whole crowd, not just one class. Your already getting 3 new legendary pets, and 2 upgrades to herc and nix AND a new fox form. What more could you ask for?
  • MikoTenshi - Sanctuary
    MikoTenshi - Sanctuary Posts: 718 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    I think variety is good and all, but is it really necessary to add all the "fash" to every existing things in the game?

First I saw a post saying, there should be "fash" for flyers. Uhm I think flyers are made to look unique. And people pay for that so they aren't like every typical player. And now, they are suggesting to make it equal for everyone, so I can use my free elf wings with a flyer fash to look like something that is worth 150m... really now?

Same for pets. In all honesty, I bought my nix and herc to be difference from a great portion of the other venos aside for the fact that they are stronger. But I didn't pay $90 just so other venos can have a "herc" glacial walker.

Soon there is probably going to be a suggestions like "make a character skin fash, so I can look like a sin/psy but I'm actually an barb."
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Siggy made by Silvychar <3
  • Teseanna - Heavens Tear
    Teseanna - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,021 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Not awesome enough to make me say "OMG I must get back to playing my veno!!!"

Besides, the problem with pets lies elsewhere imo. Not in their fashion but in the fact that they're of so little use in squads at endgame.

it was my understanding that the next upgrade for Venos would fix that.
  • Bellarie - Raging Tide
    Bellarie - Raging Tide Posts: 603 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    This is interesting. I did always hate how everyone had to have a Herc/Nix, or downgraded, the GW/Rare Pet. I have my Sexy little lvl 91 Gnome Saboteur, and he's a lot more fun that the over-used engame pets, but he will never be that much use compared to "everyone has the same" pets. Variety is a good thing, I've suggested "Legendary Pet Scrolls" before, that allow you to bestow the stats of the almighty herc/nix to any pet. Which would mean finally having a legendary water pet.
  • Arwia - Momaganon
    Arwia - Momaganon Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Is the poll about weapon fashion or about your veno pet fashion idea? It's not clear.

Also... making your pet look like something else is not ok. It's like making my seeker look like a lvl10 cleric in nw.... not fair. Sure, customization for the pet would be cool. Like being able to dye it and stuff, or accessories.
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    SweetieBot - Lothranis Posts: 18,978 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Is the poll about weapon fashion or about your veno pet fashion idea? It's not clear.

Also... making your pet look like something else is not ok. It's like making my seeker look like a lvl10 cleric in nw.... not fair. Sure, customization for the pet would be cool. Like being able to dye it and stuff, or accessories.
    NECROOO!!!!!!!

Arwia - Momaganon replied to a message that was 2 months 4 days 8 hours 59 minutes old.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands
    SweetieBot FAQ / Usage: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1566451

• Arwia - Momaganon
    Arwia - Momaganon Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    NECROOO!!!!!!!

Arwia - Momaganon replied to a message that was 2 months 4 days 8 hours 59 minutes old.

Remind me next time to look at the date of a topic that pops up on Google search... -.-

Sorry about that.