Facial INI Modification for PWI!

Options

Comments

• sweetfoxxy
    sweetfoxxy Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    v4liance wrote: »
    Hey guys, I'm excited to announce that from now on, all players can edit INI files for face and head modifications! This change is limited to the face and head only; body modifications are still not allowed.

I want to say thanks to the moderators and all of you players who pushed to get this change in. So go ahead! Post your best pictures, and show us what you've got!

I missed the link to customize you face can anyone give me sept by spet instructions how to do it tanks.

Foxxy
  • fawye
    fawye Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    sweetfoxxy wrote: »
    I missed the link to customize you face can anyone give me sept by spet instructions how to do it tanks.

Foxxy
    The link is in the post right above yours...
  • Teseanna - Heavens Tear
    Teseanna - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,021 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    BTW

There was a time when the barb presets had a huge head/skinny body included after one of the patches. Back then we got the OK from pwi that if we changed it to that preset when the preset was available, then we are off the hook. But no changing after they took it off.

With the current INI editing possible, are you guys able to tell apart the preset barb 'bigface/small body' to the recent INI manual edits?

Cause id hate it if we got punished for something that was approved of before xD
    (those that changed to that preset)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Yep, hair style changes are allowed! Anything involving the head and face are fair game! If you check my news post, you'll see me trying out a beard on my fish with Earthguard hair! b:laugh

Since i can't get a straight answer from a mod or a ticket i submitted, i'd like to ask one final time.

Is this ok? My body size has not been edited, only my head.
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Since i can't get a straight answer from a mod or a ticket i submitted, i'd like to ask one final time.

Is this ok? My body size has not been edited, only my head.

The head size is a body size edit and is found in the body size category of the ini file.It's also a body size slider. As I said before, body size edits are illegal. Barbs are not body size editing, they are using an existing preset delivered to the client from PWCN. That's the major difference. Unless a GM specifically decides to allow it (like they did boutique hair only on barbs) that type of edit is illegal.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    edited November 2012
    Options
    The head size is a body size edit and is found in the body size category of the ini file.It's also a body size slider. As I said before, body size edits are illegal. Barbs are not body size editing, they are using an existing preset delivered to the client from PWCN. That's the major difference. Unless a GM specifically decides to allow it (like they did boutique hair only on barbs) that type of edit is illegal.

Originally Posted by v4liance
    Anything involving the head and face are fair game!

I am not questioning where in the ini the code is found. That isn't what he said.

My head size involves my head. It makes it bigger.

Fuzzy had this to say about my picture:

Yesterday, 04:37 PM
    edits are ok... old new to Fuzzy
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited December 2012
    Options

I am not questioning where in the ini the code is found. That isn't what he said.

My head size involves my head. It makes it bigger.

Fuzzy had this to say about my picture:

Yesterday, 04:37 PM
    edits are ok... old new to Fuzzy

Anything except what has been specifically not allowed, like body size edits or more recently pills. (santa head, pumpkin head, etc).

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Anything except what has been specifically not allowed, like body size edits or more recently pills. (santa head, pumpkin head, etc).

That's where i'm trying to go with this.

Where is it written? I don't see exact words that say that.

I see this:

v4liance

Hey guys, I'm excited to announce that from now on, all players can edit INI files for face and head modifications! This change is limited to the face and head only; body modifications are still not allowed.

...and from this statement i gather that....

I understand that to mean i can make my head look however i wish.
  • Jeremied - Sanctuary
    Jeremied - Sanctuary Posts: 2,259 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    That's where i'm trying to go with this.

Where is it written? I don't see exact words that say that.

I see this:

v4liance

...and from this statement i gather that....

I understand that to mean i can make my head look however i wish.
    <_< Looks are one thing. SCALE is another thing entirely.

For example:
    [Body]
    bodyID = 5
    colorBody = -198415
    headScale = 136
    upScale = 120
    waistScale = 115
    armWidth = 114
    legWidth = 115
    breastScale = 113

That up there is not found under any of the FACIAL sections of the ini. All this junk below? Go wild, edit to your hearts content. Everything here has something to do with your chars face, or colors, which are also fine to edit.
    [3Parts]
    scaleUp = 155
    scaleMiddle = 90
    scaleDown = 90

[BlendFace]
    idFaceShape1 = 23
    idFaceShape2 = 23
    blendFaceShape = 50

[Face]
    scaleFaceH = 106
    scaleFaceV = 132
    idFaceTex = 5

[Faling]
    idFalingSkin = 434
    idFalingTex = 436

[Forehead]
    offsetForeheadH = 130
    offsetForeheadV = 64
    offsetForeheadZ = 192
    rotateForehead = 130
    scaleForehead = 192

[YokeBone]
    offsetYokeBoneH = 120
    offsetYokeBoneV = 172
    offsetYokeBoneZ = 104
    rotateYokeBone = 128
    scaleYokeBone = 128

[Cheek]
    offsetCheekH = 127
    offsetCheekV = 190
    offsetCheekZ = 139
    scaleCheek = 111

[Chain]
    offsetChainV = 181
    offsetChainZ = 64
    rotateChain = 144
    scaleChainH = 95

[Jaw]
    offsetJawH = 192
    offsetJawV = 192
    offsetJawZ = 146
    scaleJawSpecial = 142
    scaleJawH = 192
    scaleJawV = 135

[Eye]
    idThirdEye = 0
    idEyeBaseTex = 257
    idEyeHighTex = 573
    idEyeBallTex = 1117
    idEyeShape = 35
    scaleEyeH = 123
    scaleEyeV = 193
    rotateEye = 135
    offsetEyeH = 101
    offsetEyeV = 175
    offseteyeZ = 128
    scaleEyeBall = 250
    scaleEyeH2 = 123
    scaleEyeV2 = 193
    rotateEye2 = 135
    offsetEyeH2 = 101
    offsetEyeV2 = 175
    offseteyeZ2 = 128
    scaleEyeBall2 = 250

[Brow]
    idBrowTex = 6
    idBrowShape = 30
    scaleBrowH = 128
    scaleBrowV = 160
    rotateBrow = 128
    offsetBrowH = 128
    offsetBrowV = 189
    offsetBrowZ = 129
    scaleBrowH2 = 128
    scaleBrowV2 = 160
    rotateBrow2 = 128
    offsetBrowH2 = 128
    offsetBrowV2 = 189
    offsetBrowZ2 = 129

[Nose]
    idNoseTex = 1
    idNoseTipShape = 16
    scaleNoseTipH = 80
    scaleNoseTipV = 96
    scaleNoseTipZ = 90
    offsetNoseTipV = 162
    idNoseBridgeShape = 15
    scaleBridgeTipH = 104
    offsetBridgeTipZ = 78

[Mouth]
    idMouthUpLipLine = 89
    idMouthMidLipLine = 88
    idMouthDownLipLine = 92
    thickUpLip = 162
    thickDownLip = 128
    scaleMouthH = 64
    offsetMouthV = 157
    offsetMOuthZ = 115
    idMouthTex = 14
    offsetCornerOfMouthSpecial = 138
    scaleMouthH2 = 64
    offsetCornerOfMouthSpecial2 = 138

[Ear]
    idEarShape = 21
    scaleEar = 133
    offsetEarV = 128

[Hair]
    idHairModel = 1105
    idHairTex = 1090

[Moustache]
    idMoustacheTex = 0
    idMoustacheSkin = 0
    idGoateeTex = 0

[Color]
    colorHair = 16775388
    colorFace = -198415
    colorEye = -15396589
    colorBrow = 16775388
    colorMouth = -2130555
    colorEyeBall = -12993569
    colorMoustache = -1

But the body section is the only thing we cannot edit. That includes head SCALE.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Demon as of 5/6/12 - On the night where the moon is closer to the earth and brighter than any other night in the past 18 years.~

Slow and steady stays alive~ I'm in no rush, I'm enjoying the journey to end game just as it was ment to be. b:victory
    "You sir, are why I love clerics <3" < Liba - Heaven's Tear
    b:thanks Well thank you Liba<3
    edited December 2012
    Options
    That's what it says? Where exactly?

The words i read say i can make my head look like whatever i want. I would like it to be big.

Either way, day 3 my ticket still has not been answered.

v4liance

headScale = 136

The means to the end is, i have to edit this code in order to modify my head in the way i like it.

Guys, not tryin' to steal your birthday here...
    I just want a big head.
  • DeffyNature - Archosaur
    DeffyNature - Archosaur Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    I don't know why you are even asking, Tes, since you reject any other opinion other than yourself's and you are extremely rude in the process. Noticed that on a lot of your posts though, so it's no surprise.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2012
    Options
    I don't know why you are even asking, Tes, since you reject any other opinion other than yourself's and you are extremely rude in the process. Noticed that on a lot of your posts though, so it's no surprise.

Not at all. I think i don't come across in text as i do in person.

It simply isn't clear to me, or obviously others, why this is considered a violation. I have since changed it back, only because i see the end result of this.

Edit: Adios
  • Jeremied - Sanctuary
    Jeremied - Sanctuary Posts: 2,259 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    That's what it says? Where exactly?

The words i read say i can make my head look like whatever i want. I would like it to be big.

Either way, day 3 my ticket still has not been answered.

v4liance

headScale = 136

The means to the end is, i have to edit this code in order to modify my head in the way i like it.

Guys, not tryin' to steal your birthday here...
    I just want a big head.
    [Body]
    bodyID = 5
    colorBody = -198415
    headScale = 136
    upScale = 120
    waistScale = 115
    armWidth = 114
    legWidth = 115
    breastScale = 113
    [Body]

b:sweat
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Demon as of 5/6/12 - On the night where the moon is closer to the earth and brighter than any other night in the past 18 years.~

Slow and steady stays alive~ I'm in no rush, I'm enjoying the journey to end game just as it was ment to be. b:victory
    "You sir, are why I love clerics <3" < Liba - Heaven's Tear
    b:thanks Well thank you Liba<3
    edited December 2012
    Options
    I see. Now that you have increased the font size, i suddenly understand why.

The rules are so clear to me.

I see.

You see?

v4liance

Hey guys, I'm excited to announce that from now on, all players can edit INI files for face and head modifications! (so you can make your face and head look like you want) This change is limited to the face and head only. (even if you have to edit the head tag, even if it falls under the BODY tag) body modifications are still not allowed. (no fat toons or big breasted veno's)

Nite
    edited December 2012
    Options
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    ..wow... b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
    edited December 2012
    Options
    (See signature below)
  • lewlux
    lewlux Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    I always thought this was allowed, to an extent...

u_u
  • v4liance
    v4liance Posts: 579 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Hey folks,

First off, I want to apologize for not being clearer on this point.

Head size modifications are considered "body" modifications, and thus are not allowed under the current rules. However, the existing presets are allowed, including the Chinese Barbarian preset. Any other size modifications are not allowed.

Again, I do apologize if there has been any misunderstanding here.

And I absolutely appreciate having these issues pointed out to me. I'm glad you're all enjoying the new modifications enough to be able to poke holes in my statements :P

- Val
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Hey folks,

First off, I want to apologize for not being clearer on this point.

Head size modifications are considered "body" modifications, and thus are not allowed under the current rules. However, the existing presets are allowed, including the Chinese Barbarian preset. Any other size modifications are not allowed.

Again, I do apologize if there has been any misunderstanding here.

And I absolutely appreciate having these issues pointed out to me. I'm glad you're all enjoying the new modifications enough to be able to poke holes in my statements :P

- Val

Thank you!

Barb it is! Don't really matter what class it is. As long as i can have a big head by Christmas.

b:victory
  • BlastFlare - Dreamweaver
    BlastFlare - Dreamweaver Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options

I believe these are the reasons why your not allow to modify the head and body scale:
    1. Over sized heads over lap the name plate above your head and gives you an unfair advantage in PVP.
    2. If the head and the rest of the body is invisible or super small, you would be nearly invisible and headless; thus, you will have an unfair advantage over others in PVP.

That is way body scale modification is a ban-able offence. Just be glad you can do everything else aside from the body modifications. b:scorn
  • Ajaany - Raging Tide
    Ajaany - Raging Tide Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    k so ik u can ini w/e hair on yr barb but im curious how and if we allowed to ini Hairstyles from boutique on barbs like Holiday hat,one iw ant now on barb but i have no clue how to do that or if im allowed 2 so pls lemme know...ty
  • Nariin - Dreamweaver
    Nariin - Dreamweaver Posts: 890 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    k so ik u can ini w/e hair on yr barb but im curious how and if we allowed to ini Hairstyles from boutique on barbs like Holiday hat,one iw ant now on barb but i have no clue how to do that or if im allowed 2 so pls lemme know...ty

If i remember correct barbs are allowed any hair style exept head pills.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
    Want a custom faction/fav icon? Look no further! Visit my 👿 Icon Repository in the Fanatics Forum.
    ~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
    ^ but please, for the love of god, read the first page before making requests (UPDATED)
  • santabuffer
    santabuffer Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    but can any gm confirm if pill heads are allowed or no?
  • Nariin - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2012
    Options
    but can any gm confirm if pill heads are allowed or no?

They did in another thread (not allowed). I don't feel like searching for it though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Want a custom faction/fav icon? Look no further! Visit my 👿 Icon Repository in the Fanatics Forum.
    ^ but please, for the love of god, read the first page before making requests (UPDATED)
  • FrostLord - Dreamweaver
    FrostLord - Dreamweaver Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    very nice
  • Bellarie - Raging Tide
    Bellarie - Raging Tide Posts: 603 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options

I want to say thanks to the moderators and all of you players who pushed to get this change in. So go ahead! Post your best pictures, and show us what you've got!

OH. MY. F**KING. GOD. YES.

I left a year ago due to how horrible this game was being managed. And this specific issue was one of the biggest factors in my leaving. And now, I check back expecting nothing to be any better or changed, and I get this extremely pleasant surprise. +1 for you guys, this is a very good start to hopefully taking the players concerns into consideration.
  • Llamas - Dreamweaver
    Llamas - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Yep, hair style changes are allowed! Anything involving the head and face are fair game! If you check my news post, you'll see me trying out a beard on my fish with Earthguard hair! b:laugh

Does this include adding boutique hair to classes other then barbarians (eg: Clerics)? b:puzzled
  • Nariin - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Does this include adding boutique hair to classes other then barbarians (eg: Clerics)?

No.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.