NW Tokens...

2»

Comments

• Maelael - Heavens Tear
    Maelael - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,497 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    ooo...just read this post, and i just know that carrying flag get less point then when we just do random pk inside the skirmish lol..b:angry

The problem is finding the balance between winning the instance, thereby upping your nations point count, and making personal points.

In three fights I carried and delivered 5 flags. We had some resistance, I killed a few, took some damage. I made about just under 1k points from those in about I'd say 20 minutes.

In another instance, I made about 1500 points when it was 3 v 20 and we lost (we were the three). Took about 10 minutes. I took a LOT of damage, killed a few, delivered some damage.

!@ WTB Bramble Pot for when I get separated from our veno...
    pwcalc.com/bb6fc16982637a5c / pwcalc.com/28948ee5778526f5
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    !@ WTB Bramble Pot for when I get separated from our veno...

This or even just have bramble be one of the buffs you spawn with when you die.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • OontzOontz - Dreamweaver
    OontzOontz - Dreamweaver Posts: 782 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    This or even just have bramble be one of the buffs you spawn with when you die.

Alpha male. b:cool
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Supercharged - Lost City
    Supercharged - Lost City Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Lets say the total tokens is 60k per NW. 1st place would get 40% which would be 24k then
    you divide it by 10 whiich is 2.4k. now lets say they had 150 ppl and for the sake of math
    15 ppl per class and they all had the same merit in each class. thats 160 tokens per person per class on the winning team. obviously merit influences this. based on the same mmath second place gets 30% so 1800 tokens per class. 3rd gets 20% so 1200 per class. And 4th 10% so 600 per class. All of this is divided by the total merit with youur class.

For example day 1 NW. Few barbs were in my winning side other then me. I got 184 tokens with only 3300 merit
  • Clearic - Sanctuary
    Clearic - Sanctuary Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    So if I get this correct.

Every nation gets reward divided of how many of each class is in your nation. Since archers is kinda popular PvP class, and I guess my r9 archer is below the gear standard, Would my non r9 barb get better reward because fewer barbs participating in PvP and therefor my nation?

Example I get 1k less personal credit on barb then I would do on archer but there are at least twice as many archers participating in my nation then barbs. Would I get better reward if I participate on my barb then my archer?

<-- Curious beginner b:thanks
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited December 2012

Every nation gets reward divided of how many of each class is in your nation. Since archers is kinda popular PvP class, and I guess my r9 archer is below the gear standard, Would my non r9 barb get better reward because fewer barbs participating in PvP and therefor my nation?

Example I get 1k less personal credit on barb then I would do on archer but there are at least twice as many archers participating in my nation then barbs. Would I get better reward if I participate on my barb then my archer?

This is what I have been wondering also. My archer is the only character I have that is really geared appropriately for this event (most others being in Morai), but since I see sooooo many archers out there I'm starting to wonder if she is the right choice. Yet at the same time I still question this theory about class based rewards, because the people I see getting the highest rewards are always archers and sins.

Does anyone have any kind of proof that rewards are partly class based?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    _Skai_ - Raging Tide Posts: 3,407 Arc User
    edited December 2012

Correct. In one of my NW I was in, my factionmate, whom is a barb, got 20k personal contribution and got 140ish tokens in the 3rd place Nation. Since we were squaded, we were in the same nation, and I got 170ish tokens with 14k contribution as an Assassin in the 3rd place nation.
    [SIGPIC]Octavia is best pony[/SIGPIC]
    Vicious's Brony. Brohoof!
    youtube.com/user/SkaiPW - Assassin PvE/PvP Videos!
    edited December 2012
    so I take it your nation had alot of barbs in it that did good or the sins in your natiion did poor allowing you to out perform them thus throwing more tokens your way. One thing im curious about is if there is a squad variable involved as well
    edited December 2012
    One more point. the class based reward may also be overall merit calcullation wwith a % increase based on the ranking of the nation. meaning a barb at 4th place with 20k merit might equal a barb who had 5k merit in 1st place being about 100 tokens each given balanced equations and my concept of 1st place having a x4 muliplier compared to 4th places 1x.
  • Transcend - Lost City
    Transcend - Lost City Posts: 448 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I guess my r9 archer is below the gear standard

This made me lol, mostly because I feel the same way b:surrender
    youtube.com/transcendpw

Latest Release: Electric Daisy Carnival [20 June 2013]
    Total Videos: 38
    Subscribers: 1,775
    Total Views: 1.21 million

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Banndit - Heavens Tear
    Banndit - Heavens Tear Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Here are some thoughts.

Assumptions
    vlue point - assigned to each player depending on the type of gears they are wearing.
    flag points - mainly for winning the battle which determin which side gets more of the contribution, so even if its 30:30 even kill ratio, the side with the most flag points gets a much bigger contribution points.
    kill
    atk
    damg
    heal
    lvl
    Contrb
    Ntn Cont

Assumptions2
    - difficulty lvl --> certain contribution amount
    - players assigned value point depending on gear type
    - Numbers in relation to Atks inflicted to lvl/class taken into caculation.
    - Class/lvl damage healed taken into calculation
    - class/lvl damage received taken into calcultion.
    Q. what does pw want to reward. what do people deserve to be rewarded for. I think they want every class rewarded, good gears rewarded by damage inflicted by refine, damage received.

battle contribution gets more.
    flag success determin who wins and gets a higher multiplyer of contribution point.
    contribution depends on circumstances such as
    * class/lvl/vlp % of damage on person killed
    * class/lvl/vlp damage done on class/lvl
    * class/lvl/vlp damage healed
    * class/lvl/vlp damage taken
    * flag is less complicated
    Q. At this point, are contribution distrubuted taken into a/c of class now or at the end.

Generalisation base on experience.
    - Its best to win the battle or region to gain a higher multiplyer of contribution.
    - Its better to kill then to do damage but its still good to just do damage.
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I guess my r9 archer is below the gear standard

I often feel this way too :<
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray