Swamp of the Wraiths bug?

Options
Resaphine - Heavens Tear
Resaphine - Heavens Tear Posts: 5 Arc User
edited December 2012 in General Discussion
OK so I don't know if anyone else ran into or noticed this problem but it seems that after the expansion update the area of Swamp of the Wraiths is continuously bugged. When you are in the area attacking mobs that are in shallow water area the dmg is halved even though you might be in the water yourself.

PWI has this system where if a mob is in the water and you attack it from land then you only deal half dmg, my guess is that this is to prevent people from cheating when farming/questing. mobs that are in shallow water though (where you'd still be walking instead of swimming) should not have the dmg reduction since shallow water technically equals land and players wouldn't be able to cheat (ie stand in a spot that the mob can't reach).

I have been questing in the swamp area after the expansion and it seems regardless of where I stand as long as the mob is in shallow water I would be only dealing half dmg. I even tried to stand on the exact same spot as the mob I'm attacking but the problem persists. The only solution I'm able to find is to lure the mob onto solid ground, as a result the questing process is unnecessarily long.

I don't know if anyone else noticed this problem and I don't know if it is even significant enough to fix. I'm not QQing just thought I'd point this out.

Feel free to comment
GM and mods if this is in the wrong section feel free to move it
........let's see whatelse....oh yea
Feel free to fix in upcoming updates if possible b:thanks
Post edited by Resaphine - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    As far as I remember in that place, if you are in water you do half damage, but if you are on the ground it full damage, I quested there recently and didn't get any problem with that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    That's not something new actually, and its one of the many things to hate about that area (veno land-pets getting stowed away when entering those pools of water is another problem iirc). If possible, try to lure your target onto dry land.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • LadyMaraJade - Sanctuary
    LadyMaraJade - Sanctuary Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Swamp of the Wraiths is a place you come to love to hate

but with the new quest kill counts and new quest line its way easy to move on nowb:victory
    but like the others have said just lure the mobs onto land and kill them there.

be thankfull its only 10 -20 mobs you need to kill for each quest not the 70 odd we had in the pass b:chuckle

fb 69 20x3 is now 10x3 woot :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • scarfaceclaw
    scarfaceclaw Posts: 443 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Not a bug. You do half dmg when fighting in waist deep water
    What kind of fool pays for a free game.
  • Ferula - Dreamweaver
    Ferula - Dreamweaver Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    As far as I know, it's not relevant WHERE the mob is, but rather WHAT the mob is.

The Swamp mobs are land mobs, even when they are at any given moment running around in the pools. So you do full damage when you are on the land, less damage otherwise.
  • seitori
    seitori Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Too be dead honest & truthful about the damage nerfing water incites when you stand in it....

The 1 group that shouldn't have suffered from it was the {Tidebourne}....

And too be serious aswell, any Mobs that are (water based) elemental mobs, should be the only mobs that should be allowed to attack you with their full force, while they're standing in it aswell...

((I laugh that they allow the {PYROFIENDS} too stand in water and still be able too nail you with full strength, when they're obviously (Fire Based) Elemental mobs))......b:chuckleb:angryb:chuckle
  • Resaphine - Heavens Tear
    Resaphine - Heavens Tear Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Ahhh....good to know that it's a common thing then....well I did suck it up and just quested through the area. Gotta admit it's definitely not one of my favorate places in PWI. b:surrender

Thanks for all the comments b:thanks
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    _Skai_ - Raging Tide Posts: 3,407 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    I've hated that place, both on my veno and my sin when I was around that level for the area. xD
    [SIGPIC]Octavia is best pony[/SIGPIC]
    Vicious's Brony. Brohoof!
    youtube.com/user/SkaiPW - Assassin PvE/PvP Videos!