nation war flag carriers

Options
Shidoshi - Lost City
Shidoshi - Lost City Posts: 192 Arc User
edited December 2012 in Nation Wars
when a play has the flag, they should be unable to use speed pots and go 15 m/s it make the game unfair for people and players unable to catch the flag carrier.
pwi gms are useless. submitting tickets are useless. start calling their main office's. raise hell. take back the game.
Post edited by Shidoshi - Lost City on

Comments

• maitatsu
    maitatsu Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Lets try:

1: Make your own charger orbs

OR

2: How bout we also take away all forms of speed all together........
  • Shidoshi - Lost City
    Shidoshi - Lost City Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    chasing someone with a charger orb when their using a charger orb. their already at the cap point when their charger orb is done. so making your own is kinda stupid when you can't catch them
    pwi gms are useless. submitting tickets are useless. start calling their main office's. raise hell. take back the game.
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    _Skai_ - Raging Tide Posts: 3,407 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    That's why you plan ahead. I've caught many people using Charger Orbs. When someone on the opposite team grabs the flag in an instance, I look where it is, and go midway of where they need to be. Though, it is quite easy to do it as a sin, since we have Shadow Teleport.

Since they can't use genies, once they're stunned it should be over for them.
    [SIGPIC]Octavia is best pony[/SIGPIC]
    Vicious's Brony. Brohoof!
    youtube.com/user/SkaiPW - Assassin PvE/PvP Videos!
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    They can use charger orb.

You can use charger orb and holy path.

It's not everyone anyway that use it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • FaceRolI - Sanctuary
    FaceRolI - Sanctuary Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    just holy path as digging flag xD

if u let some1 run like that though you deserve to lose :D

(<-- plays barb in NW)
    full r999 91% chan wizzy b:kiss

Current build: pwcalc.com/bf1f46790766e26d
    LuLz: pwcalc.com/20f3fa96ab3c4dc0
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Wow, this is coming from a bm b:chuckle. We have 2 running skills, holy pathx2 usually, charger orb, and still we can't catch flag carriers?

Yes some people are pro at using their running skills, i tried catching a barb, but could never catch up, most of the time though, as _Skai_ said, use the skills bm have. We have tele stuns, reel in on top of that.
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Ah yes, surprised the QQ on this hasn't come earlier. b:chuckleb:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • evil013
    evil013 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    I agree the speed pills do ruin the battles sometimes- as they were intended to slow the flag carrier to give the other side a chance, and make the holding nation protect their flag carrier. BUT PWI IS PWI !!!! everything they seem to do is glitched or doesn't work like it's supposed to. So buy speed pills if u want any chance- ppl will take advantage of anything they can to enlarge their e-peenb:chuckle
  • Massad - Harshlands
    Massad - Harshlands Posts: 360 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    That's why you plan ahead. I've caught many people using Charger Orbs. When someone on the opposite team grabs the flag in an instance, I look where it is, and go midway of where they need to be. Though, it is quite easy to do it as a sin, since we have Shadow Teleport.

I agree with skai on this one... although sometimes I mis plan and my shadow teleport is on cooldown... So I know where they are going and the map shows me where they are... I can holy path in front of them and use any number of control skills as they run by... Will stop them in there tracks 9 times out of 10
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Other names include but not limited to LOKl_ _ClRCE_, _AnGeal_
  • Quinnie - Heavens Tear
    Quinnie - Heavens Tear Posts: 314 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    its pretty easy to with 1 or more archers on the path. elven alacrity can be casted on others maxes speed and gives stun/etc immunity. but i must aggree it ruins the battle often, if u got a good barb carrying the flag then the chance he dies is very low.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options

What about Shadow Binder Powder when "perfectly" timed?b:shutup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Yeah I've been doin elven alacrity then Wings of Grace then charger orb the rest of the way. There's almost no chance for someone to stop that even if they are waiting along the path (not like I can be 1shotted as I run past them).

There would be a lot more strategy involved if the debuff was like archer stealth where it sets a low maximum speed.

The format of NW doesn't really lend itself well to developing strong strategies though. You end up instead finding the most efficient way to dispatch with weak opponents since there isn't really any tiered matching at the battle level.

It would be nice to have some sort of tournament format where you can have prepared teams face off. As it is just getting a team into the same NW is very challenging.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • FaceRolI - Sanctuary
    FaceRolI - Sanctuary Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    lol cant wait till ppl start complaining about r999 casters carrying flag :D

each flag location should be contested/watched by both sides, if not somebody deserves to lose. picking up the flag when its heavily contested reqs IG usage (or luck or good team work) you're not going to be able to charger after that. if your side can easily wipe your opponent @ flag spawn then you're already supposed to win.
    full r999 91% chan wizzy b:kiss

Current build: pwcalc.com/bf1f46790766e26d
    LuLz: pwcalc.com/20f3fa96ab3c4dc0
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Yeah I've been doin elven alacrity then Wings of Grace then charger orb the rest of the way. There's almost no chance for someone to stop that even if they are waiting along the path (not like I can be 1shotted as I run past them).

Get out of the pit... alacrity... leap x2... speed pot... walk 5-10ish steps... win. A geared archer makes better carrier then barbs.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
  • OontzOontz - Dreamweaver
    OontzOontz - Dreamweaver Posts: 782 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    They need to let us build rapid fire purge towers. Doesn't matter if it only last 10 seconds per spawn or if it only spawns in the water.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    my only complaint is squishies and slow pokes should stop even going near the flag to pick it >.> wastes everyones charm and time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Jacerai - Dreamweaver
    Jacerai - Dreamweaver Posts: 943 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    my only complaint is squishies and slow pokes should stop even going near the flag to pick it >.> wastes everyones charm and time.

Like the very squishy, unbuffed wizzie that I saw pick up the flag and...promptly get oneshot. b:chuckle
    b:cute The world may be small, but it is far from known.

Why the rage? It's a draining emotion.

Me: DaValentine (veno), Jaceraie (mystic), etc etc etc b:chuckle
  • SMASHnHEAL - Dreamweaver
    SMASHnHEAL - Dreamweaver Posts: 400 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    I have seen uncharmed mystics in TT80 grab the flag right from under me, fair to say they didn't even make it out of the pit.

Being a cleric I know that at times I will be a slow flag runner but I still grab it unless there is someone else that I know will get it over the line. Being the tanky build I am I know I can cap the flag a very high percentage and being a caster with a purify weapon I look forward to being ganked so that I can get to the end quicker...

What annoys me the most is in lands where it is 20v1 and the slowest person grabs the flag with no speed skills or apo, everyone else can only stand around and watch painfully... People need to work together more instead of looking to get the few personal credits for picking the flag.
  • Aquilez - Sanctuary
    Aquilez - Sanctuary Posts: 240 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options

i saw some psy last night, diged the flag and started running. he was able to get halfway without using any speed pot(toke him like 2-3 minutes) and then he got 1 shot b:laugh
    what sucks is that those people try again

also anyone noticed how few people actualy use the chat to try to call people? like saying where the flag spawned, ask for buffs or for help to kill/defend flag carrier. its so sad =/
  • Boartracker - Raging Tide
    Boartracker - Raging Tide Posts: 614 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Chat is open to both sides so that's a 2 edged sword in some battles. I also agree with Skai on going to an intercept point to stop the flag carrier. If you get a few defenders together, even the toughest barbs can be stunned and killed.

The hard part seems to get your side to defend the flag carrier or form a defensive wall. I'm aware that random teams encompass varied players; but, the goals are all the same. Team work would be nice to see other than the newish spawn point kill teams.

b:bye
  • The__Sun - Dreamweaver
    The__Sun - Dreamweaver Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options

White voodoo + purify on rank9rr wep = flag captured

just need to throw a charger orb somewhere into that equation and most the time people aren't trying to kill the flag carrier so make it easier for me. Hell I have had people on me and I tell my teammates to let them hit me so I can return it faster (unless its like a rank9rr seeker or archer they hurt :S).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    **** Laws of Physics I'm going to shoot crystals from my hands and summon meteors from the air.... Laws of Psychics
  • MagicEmpress - Lost City
    MagicEmpress - Lost City Posts: 795 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Please do not pick up the flag if you don't have speed pots!

Little story about NW from last Sunday night in Lost.

Frost Nation (mine) was winning by a fair amount halfway through.
    Light was starting to push hard towards our base.
    After being separated from my original squad due to DCing I was doing my best alone and trying to take lands from light behind the lines to slow them down from pushing on us.
    Myself and a small group of other Frost peeps quickly took one land and I moved to another and alone I got one flag to the finish and was heading back when two more from our side entered.
    I was heading back on my mount screaming in chat not to pick up the second flag unless you had speed pots.
    Sure enough some fool did and as he was crawling halfway to the win Light showed up in force at their spawn points and one shotted him.
    They went on to win that war (20-3). If only we won that one fast I could have moved to the next land and an open battle there would have cut Light off from the front lines near our base.
    That fool cost Frost first place as Light pushed right to our base and sealed 80 of us in there for a long time.

You get way more bonus tokens from finishing first than carrying one little flag, but people are selfish and stupid.
  • Mitachi - Dreamweaver
    Mitachi - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,201 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    OP. You're a bm, you have 2 speed skills, you can even have holy path on genie, you can make your own charger orbs. If you cant catch the flag carrier then you fail
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    OP. You're a bm, you have 2 speed skills, you can even have holy path on genie, you can make your own charger orbs. If you cant catch the flag carrier then you fail

Don't forget the morai skills b:chuckle.
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited December 2012
    Options
    I'm level 60 and can usually catch the flag carrier. In fact, it's one of the ways I make myself useful in NW. I know that I can't get the kill on almost anyone, but what i can do is use my bm skills, genie, and speed pots to get their most of the time before the flag carrier does. And then I stun and hold em until everyone else comes up. Half the time they are not even being protected. Last war I had over a 100 tokens. If you are not thinking to yourself "how can i make myself useful?" instead of 'how I can get the most credits," you are doing it wrong. You'll get more credits if your nation actually wins. The nation that wins is usually the one with the highest number of coordinated teams.

Hell, I also pay attention to what the useful squads are doing and help them out. Instead of focusing on teaming up with your faction friends, why not team up with the people you are actively actually in the battle in? I get a lot of contribution just by joining up with people actually on the battlefield nad helping them out. I die a lot too but that's also a result of being so low level. ::shrug:: Even if you are dying, you get contribution from taking damage. SO get in there and make your team win. Even if that means you get slightly less personal credit. If there is a contentious battle and you notice the tide swinging towards the enemy capturing the flag, people with lesser gear should bow out a bit early and wait around on the path for the flag carrier. What I love about nation wars is I can find ways to make myself useful despite being so low level.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Banndit - Heavens Tear
    Banndit - Heavens Tear Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    What if flag carriers side get points for getting the flag and the longer they keep it the more points they get too. The idea is to attract more people towards the flag to intensify the battle but allowing the flag carrier the option of stragetically/tactically move around forward when they think its to their advantage, backward when its necessary, successful holding on to the flag is success on its own, and successful delivery is the ultimate goal for special points. And offcourse, speed adjustment accordingly is important to intensify the battle and keep it truely alive.
  • Vanflyheight - Heavens Tear
    Vanflyheight - Heavens Tear Posts: 420 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    I'm level 60 and can usually catch the flag carrier. In fact, it's one of the ways I make myself useful in NW. I know that I can't get the kill on almost anyone, but what i can do is use my bm skills, genie, and speed pots to get their most of the time before the flag carrier does. And then I stun and hold em until everyone else comes up. Half the time they are not even being protected. Last war I had over a 100 tokens. If you are not thinking to yourself "how can i make myself useful?" instead of 'how I can get the most credits," you are doing it wrong. You'll get more credits if your nation actually wins. The nation that wins is usually the one with the highest number of coordinated teams.

Hell, I also pay attention to what the useful squads are doing and help them out. Instead of focusing on teaming up with your faction friends, why not team up with the people you are actively actually in the battle in? I get a lot of contribution just by joining up with people actually on the battlefield and helping them out. I die a lot too but that's also a result of being so low level. ::shrug:: Even if you are dying, you get contribution from taking damage. SO get in there and make your team win. Even if that means you get slightly less personal credit. If there is a contentious battle and you notice the tide swinging towards the enemy capturing the flag, people with lesser gear should bow out a bit early and wait around on the path for the flag carrier. What I love about nation wars is I can find ways to make myself useful despite being so low level.

i agree with ya on this venus, since i normally take my archer (currently 91) which can hardly make a dent in r9 players, but i try and make the hits count where they should. sometimes i might die out of being ganged up on or being shot down by whatever class, but that doesn't change the fact that you keep trying regardless of how much the odds are against you. Every time i do nw, i get better at it plus its helped me to see where to improve and how. after all, skills is what makes the player not seeing how fast someone can make things happen in record time.
    The Sure Shot that Flies Straight

Tiduswarrior Demon 101 (Main), Vanflyheight 100 (Demon RB2), SasukeZx 95 (Demon), Leobeastking 90s (Sage), Swiftterror 80s, AquaStriker 99 (Sage)

2nd Acc: BlademageX 88, RazorFalcon 89, RavenwingZ 79, Veilpor 73, TidalLight 30, SythrilZ 64, Stormthril 64
  • Sidwinder - Heavens Tear
    Sidwinder - Heavens Tear Posts: 353 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    i agree with ya on this venus, since i normally take my archer (currently 91) which can hardly make a dent in r9 players, but i try and make the hits count where they should. sometimes i might die out of being ganged up on or being shot down by whatever class, but that doesn't change the fact that you keep trying regardless of how much the odds are against you. Every time i do nw, i get better at it plus its helped me to see where to improve and how. after all, skills is what makes the player not seeing how fast someone can make things happen in record time.

Yeah I'm in the same boat as you. I can make a dent depending on class of course. If they got the flag I tend to just catch up and try to stun and immobilize them till the R9's on my team can get to them and beat them down.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sidwinder-HT
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    They use their genie stamina up and have apoths in cooldown. Your job is to kill them while they no longer have genie or apos available. I don't see a problem here.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • Vanflyheight - Heavens Tear
    Vanflyheight - Heavens Tear Posts: 420 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    They use their genie stamina up and have apoths in cooldown. Your job is to kill them while they no longer have genie or apos available. I don't see a problem here.

actually i do, players who don't have much firepower are going to hardly get much of a chance to take on classes that are weak against archers for example. An r9 archer or psy can with stand bout 3-4 players of lesser dmg or defensive gear, cause all they have to do is take out the weaker ones first and the rest will be easy. It normally takes bout 5-7 players with r8 or better to practically take on 1 r9 player (specially with a r9 bm). any player with bout 20 atk lvl and 30 def lvl is much harder to take down than someone with 0 on both lvls.
    The Sure Shot that Flies Straight

Tiduswarrior Demon 101 (Main), Vanflyheight 100 (Demon RB2), SasukeZx 95 (Demon), Leobeastking 90s (Sage), Swiftterror 80s, AquaStriker 99 (Sage)

2nd Acc: BlademageX 88, RazorFalcon 89, RavenwingZ 79, Veilpor 73, TidalLight 30, SythrilZ 64, Stormthril 64