hp or defence lvl

IVashar - Harshlands
IVashar - Harshlands Posts: 3 Arc User
edited August 2012 in Seeker
I am a lvl 52 seeker and i put my 2 points in vit till this lvl. Atm i have round 2500 hp.
I feel still squizie, and was wondering, if i should put those 2 points in str or vit now.
In the forums, most say keep put in vit till lvl 35 to get some hp.
Is hp better or my defence lvl.

b:cute
Post edited by IVashar - Harshlands on

Comments

• Grushdeva - Dreamweaver
    Grushdeva - Dreamweaver Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    both hp and def levels are good. but most people prefer to use their stat points to increase damage and instead sharding/refining for hp. not quite worth it at your level to refine a lot yet tho since you'll be going through and changing gear a bunch still. my seeker has 56 base vit which is a bit higher than i would want, beginner mistake. enjoying the hp but the damage i deal could really have used a few of those stats
  • shotwhointhewhat
    shotwhointhewhat Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I never played a seeker, but I have fought them. I notice they are lacking in the str department. I guess being stuck with swords makes them a tad bit weaker than the other classes. Just from fighting seekers, I would think they need all the str they can get at higher levels. I am sure hp is good for now, but I would recommend a re-stat for more str once you get higher level.
  • laloner
    laloner Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I am a lvl 52 seeker and i put my 2 points in vit till this lvl. Atm i have round 2500 hp.
    I feel still squizie, and was wondering, if i should put those 2 points in str or vit now.
    In the forums, most say keep put in vit till lvl 35 to get some hp.
    Is hp better or my defence lvl.

b:cute

(I'm reading this as you having 104 vit right now)

You should check out the prices of restat stones before you make up your mind. If you currently have 104 vit then going much further is going to make restatting a lot more expensive endgame.

Also I don't think you can wear endgame gear with much more than 104 vit because of the requirements, I think its 160 dex and 225 str for endgame sword and HA. So now is a good time to stop.

If you really have that much vit and only 2500 hp then that seems weird to me. Seems like it should be higher in my experience.

On my first seeker I had 40 vit and then switched to a new server and went for pure DD build. I didn't notice any better attack and just couldn't tank BHs with that build and now I'm trying to catch up in vit and try to reach 90 vit by the time I start doing FC. Puller seems to be the hardest spot to fill in squads so I figure with a high vit build I won't have trouble getting into them.

Just my own thoughts from the perspective of getting into PVE squads, I think a high vit build is better since it doesn't affect debuffing or vortexing very much and no one wants you as a DDer anyway. But obviously if you have endgame gear and coin just go pure damage and refine your way to high HP.
    AKA PermaSpark, Heartshatter
  • LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    If you've been following a 5/3/2 str/dex/vit build so far then by now you have all the vit you'll likely ever need, and part of the reason you feel squishy is that you don't do enough damage to kill things before they hurt you. I'd recommend you put those points into str for at least 20 more levels and see how that works out for you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • shotwhointhewhat
    shotwhointhewhat Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Not sure whether seeker is better than bm or not with all those extra def levels for pulling. I would think they are pretty close to the same as far as pulling goes except maybe when pulling only mag or phys mobs. But I bring it up because I did normal pulls on my Bm and he was pure str all weapon path build. I guess it also depends on what squad you are running with and how quick they are at taking out the pulled mobs. I did somewhat improve my gears to help for the lack of vit though. I typically had +3~5 refines on green/gold gears until I got 100+. I would assume a pure str seeker could do the same, especially since it has the highest dps AoE in the game which would help BP.
  • GallaxXIII - Sanctuary
    GallaxXIII - Sanctuary Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    so basically... you're adding points to vit instead of str to be a better tank.
    but at the same time your str adds multipliers.

sure youll have alot of hp,
    but youll never end up tanking since a 4.0-5.0 sin or bm will be holding aggro from you after you hit 100.

im just trying to save you from wasting your time. seekers arent tanks, i promise, thats what barbs and risky sins are for.
    Objective: Complete
  • Hazumi_chan - Sanctuary
    Hazumi_chan - Sanctuary Posts: 1,264 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I personally kept adding the vit-points. Sure, I am lacking in DD, but then again I can just relax a bit in refining my gear and spent more on getting skills instead.

I think Pure str. and hybrid are really nice builds too, but it isn't for me. It really just depends on your playstyle. If you feel like you're lacking hp, add some vit, or refine a bit. If you feel like you're lacking damage, just add str. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • //awan - Sanctuary146
    //awan - Sanctuary146 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I made my seeker a tank build. Vit vit vit. I know i can nvr tank a boss. Why would i wannaa tank a boss? U crazy D; Im speaking of massssss opponent tanking like fcc, nix valley n delta. I love being gangbang by mobs ;D Also i find it easy to tank the new boss in abba (with good BB that is duh). Aps is useless there which mean sins or bm dont usually get the aggro n my vortex tend to outaggro a barb. Oh n imma rankless seeker. Vana, tt99s n stuffs.