Hmm Epic Buff Compatibility ?

darksynn
darksynn Posts: 26 Arc User
edited July 2012 in Seeker
I was trying to think of the many reasons to make a seeker then it hit me that this class might be/is the only class out of the ten that actually benefits 100% from all the other class buffs at the same time unless I got it mistaken.

Bm - Phy Def Buff
Wiz - Inc Water Damage
Archer - Inc Acc
Cleric - Inc Hp/Mp Rec, Phy & Mag Def, Inc Mag Atk
Barb - Inc Hp
Veno - Reflect buff
Sin - Bld Pnt
Psy - Reflect buff
Mys - Rev Buff
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Grushdeva - Dreamweaver
    Grushdeva - Dreamweaver Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    mostly right, few corrections would be that archers increase evasion (and movement speed) not accuracy

the increased mag attack from clerics is pointless since non of our skills care the least for that (but yes we can get it and all so technicaly true)

barbs on the other hand increase our damage as well as the hp

also still slightly unsure about the wizz buff. if i remember right it only actually helps with damage for auto attacks but lets our phys skills hit on phys immune targets (altho weaker) not tested it that much since wizzies are rare for me to squad with as are phys immune bosses. someone with more experience of this would be nice to hear from.
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    bm sin barb as well; really, the deciding factor appears to be bp.
    they will probably use frostblade better too.
    you only purge once #yopo
  • Saethos - Raging Tide
    Saethos - Raging Tide Posts: 1,239 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Yes, let's put SoV on a seeker that does a pull and uses vortex, watch the mana drop! Unless it's sage...then yeah, BMs are basically the same but with axes
    It is said that apple pie is best served Al La Mode, so if you are the pie, consider me your ice cream.
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Yes, let's put SoV on a seeker that does a pull and uses vortex, watch the mana drop! Unless it's sage...then yeah, BMs are basically the same but with axes

happened to me once when i was leveling my sin: i got a big room and brought my seeker (sin solos boss, seeker pull so i can get any classes from wc..) anyway, i get a psy and some sins, i tell the psy not to buff me with sov... nevertheless, he buffs me (he was <99 so it couldnt be sage). hopefully my vortex didnt get canceled but with herb+charm+mp regen apo...

btw, OP forgot soul of silence XD now that would be really lame with vortex xd
    you only purge once #yopo
  • shotwhointhewhat
    shotwhointhewhat Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Probably shouldn't pick a class based off of the way other classes buffs work unless it is purely for pve. Spirit Blackhole and venos are a b!sh.
  • thumbs
    thumbs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Probably shouldn't pick a class based off of the way other classes buffs work unless it is purely for pve. Spirit Blackhole and venos are a b!sh.

Rather pick a class that isn't so buff dependent.

Missing some buffs like Mystic's Invigorate, Healing booster. Barb's Strength of the Titans.
  • Subtraction - Harshlands
    Subtraction - Harshlands Posts: 690 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    darksynn wrote: »
    Bm - Phy Def Buff
    Wiz - Inc Water Damage
    Archer - Inc Acc
    Cleric - Inc Hp/Mp Rec, Phy & Mag Def, Inc Mag Atk
    Barb - Inc Hp
    Veno - Reflect buff
    Sin - Bld Pnt
    Psy - Reflect buff
    Mys - Rev Buff

...wat
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Ewa Sonnet has the best pair of jugs ever. Nothing else compares." - Eoria.
    HE'S OVERALL KNOWLEDGE OF THE CLASS IS LEGIT.
  • Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear
    Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,681 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    ...wat

Clerics can increase magic attack.

As for Archers i hope he jsut messed accuracy with Evasion and Speed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    <--- MALE Veno ..... Moved to G W 2 or maybe not completely , don't know ...... PW addiction
    {That TT xbow chain is one that describes someone's bowel movements after having too much spicy food. A loud **** (Thundercrack), then a burning sensation (Flash Fire), followed by an explosion of multi-colored poo-confetti (Blinding Radiance). Excellent...} By Quilue
  • darksynn
    darksynn Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    whoops yup the Archer one was my mistake I haven't played an archer so I assume it was accuracy not evasion sorry
  • Saethos - Raging Tide
    edited June 2012
    happened to me once when i was leveling my sin: i got a big room and brought my seeker (sin solos boss, seeker pull so i can get any classes from wc..) anyway, i get a psy and some sins, i tell the psy not to buff me with sov... nevertheless, he buffs me (he was <99 so it couldnt be sage). hopefully my vortex didnt get canceled but with herb+charm+mp regen apo...

btw, OP forgot soul of silence XD now that would be really lame with vortex xd

I suppose if it's sage vortex and the mobs are all melee, then...well, no, **** that!

Also, at the OP...

BM has marrows for the more focused pulls (like the magic pull and the physical pulls) which can out-do the defense levels with good gear and ornies...

Sin has Focused mind, Deaden, Whatever the debuff avoiding skill is, Condensed thorn, powerdash, wolf emblem, and chill of the deep

Barb has true form, bloodbath, and poison fang...

It's more like, glorious melee master race
    It is said that apple pie is best served Al La Mode, so if you are the pie, consider me your ice cream.
  • Subtraction - Harshlands
    Subtraction - Harshlands Posts: 690 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Clerics can increase magic attack.

As for Archers i hope he jsut messed accuracy with Evasion and Speed.

yeah because seekers need spirit's gift
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Ewa Sonnet has the best pair of jugs ever. Nothing else compares." - Eoria.
    HE'S OVERALL KNOWLEDGE OF THE CLASS IS LEGIT.
  • Saethos - Raging Tide
    edited July 2012
    yeah because seekers need spirit's gift

Indeed. Everyone should know this
  • Dragoneast - Sanctuary
    Dragoneast - Sanctuary Posts: 311 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Just q question, how much ppl would become 5 aps if bp didn't exist at all? would be a lot more pricey, more charms/pots use.
    I do not need much,
    I do not have much,
    I do not miss much,
    I have love and friendship,
    To compensate for that!
    Dragoneast-rb1-soon to be 100 again- sanctuary
    Back in pwi, always returning to my first real mmo
    Started in genie patch :)
  • Grushdeva - Dreamweaver
    Grushdeva - Dreamweaver Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    not really. they would just be "forced" to bring a cleric as well.
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Just q question, how much ppl would become 5 aps if bp didn't exist at all? would be a lot more pricey, more charms/pots use.

5 aps + Revenge claws on a barb is... pretty sexy. It keeps my hp full soloing 3-1 without paint or having to pot very often.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • laloner
    laloner Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012

IMO there would still be as many 5aps but their gear would be more defensively oriented. With bp attack produces defense producing some unbalanced builds. Without bp I don't think people would still shard for attack levels instead of defense levels.
    AKA PermaSpark, Heartshatter