How do Seeker PVE debuffs work?

Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
edited June 2012 in Seeker
I don't understand how Heart Shatter, Mind Shatter, and Soul Shatter work does anyone have detailed info?

How does it affect DoT damage? Does Soul Shatter increase the critical hit of attacks that do partial fire damage like if you use a raging fire orb? How about if a BM has a ruby gem in their weapon?

Do the debuffs stack? Suppose my weapon has an earth and metal gem in it, and I have blazing arrow, frostblade, and death river toxin buffs. Now every physical attack also does fire, water, metal, wood, and earth damage... how does that get treated?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
Post edited by Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 on

Comments

• Hazumi_chan - Sanctuary
    Hazumi_chan - Sanctuary Posts: 1,264 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    All off the shatter-debuffs only affect skill damage. So gems, blazing arrow and frostblade don't have any effect.
    If you fire a metal skill however the damage of the metal will go up. I don't know how it works with DoT damage(obviously I don't have any of those b:surrender)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Alsiadorra - Sanctuary
    Alsiadorra - Sanctuary Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Heartshatter -> For melees/clerics; Physical and metal skill damage up.
    Mindshatter -> Veno's, mystics, wizards; Wood and water critical skills up.
    Soul Shatter -> Wizards; This one requires some timing..best used with HF up. Fire and Earth skill critical rate up for 20 seconds.

These debuffs cannot be overwritten by anything, so don't worry about it.

Keep in mind, I listed the classes based on the matching element type of their skill.

As far I know, they, in the case of heart shatter, stack with other damage increasing debuffs.

The only one to worry about is Northern Sky Waltz.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Gems and blazing arrow actually do add damage to skills. I'm wondering if having a little bit of fire damage is enough to qualify for the added crit.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Hazumi_chan - Sanctuary
    Hazumi_chan - Sanctuary Posts: 1,264 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    The question is if that added fire/whatever damage qualifies as skill damage P:
    And would the added crit be high enough to notice... I would apply for debuffing stuff trying to find out, but I neglected the skills so far b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Alsiadorra - Sanctuary
    Alsiadorra - Sanctuary Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    ...Generally, you want to forgo using elemental gems and stick with physical attack shards.
  • aclucius318
    aclucius318 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I imagine it the additional fire damage from a gem would have no additional effect with the Seeker debuffs. If it did, it would probably only increase the critical rate of the fire damage itself, so the difference in damage wouldn't seem to be there at all. Just a guess though.
  • xeenna
    xeenna Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    does the seeker debuff stack with barb and veno debuff?
  • Reshanta - Sanctuary
    Reshanta - Sanctuary Posts: 350 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    For the shatters, yes they do.
    Lonely man with a big heart.
  • Grushdeva - Dreamweaver
    Grushdeva - Dreamweaver Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    xeenna wrote: »
    does the seeker debuff stack with barb and veno debuff?

only non stacking thing i've found with those classes are the "devour" skill of the barb which reduces attack levels for 4 seconds. which sucks compared to the soulsever since it lasts for 3 minutes. not that important but still annoyed me sometimes