3rd cast nv claw hit harder then dagger

Options
filipenogueras
filipenogueras Posts: 134 Arc User
edited September 2012 in General Discussion
As everyone know dagger hit 1.25 aps base, and fist/claw 1.43 base, so naturally dagger have to hit a bit harder to keep the BALANCE.

But the new nirvana 3rd cast claw/fist hit harder than daggers.

So now bm have more hp, more resistance, aoes ( can't compare with sins... ) and now the best single target dmg, if sins still keep aggro will be because sins can use more dex than bms str, but anyway the dmg will be almost the same.

Its the first time that the BALANCE of fist/dagger is broke, and i'd like to know the reason.

1 target dmg is the only thing sins have better than the other class.

The latest updates have been unfavorable to the sins ...

I'm afraid that you give a similar BloodPaint of 10% to ranged dd on next expansion
Post edited by filipenogueras on

Comments

• Barson - Raging Tide
    Barson - Raging Tide Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    As everyone know dagger hit 1.25 aps base, and fist/claw 1.43 base, so naturally dagger have to hit a bit harder to keep the BALANCE.

So now bm have more hp, more resistance, aoes ( can't compare with sins... ) and now the best single target dmg, if sins still keep aggro will be because sins can use more dex than bms str, but anyway the dmg will be almost the same.

Its the first time that the BALANCE of fist/dagger is broke, and i'd like to know the reason.

I'm afraid that you give a similar BloodPaint of 10% to ranged dd on next expansion

and sadly only a hand full of bm will be able to get those fist so not really much of a problem right now b:surrender
  • T_i_m - Dreamweaver
    T_i_m - Dreamweaver Posts: 200 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Control skills, crit skills. QQmoar sin.
  • _Ghoul_ - Lost City
    _Ghoul_ - Lost City Posts: 973 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    sin been nr1 dd for a looong time maybe its a new path

aps is a joke of a glitch ppl have abused and made norm so if aps dies i would laugh and be so happy.

as for who will keep agro the most who cares its a fu cking glitch very much with r9 weapons do in pvp who cares
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    _Skai_ - Raging Tide Posts: 3,407 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Lol.

Lol.
    [SIGPIC]Octavia is best pony[/SIGPIC]
    Vicious's Brony. Brohoof!
    youtube.com/user/SkaiPW - Assassin PvE/PvP Videos!
  • Hurrdurr - Lothranis
    Hurrdurr - Lothranis Posts: 1,468 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    G16 claws > daggers even when BMs have like 350 str while sins have 500+dex (an extra 100% weapon damage bonus)? Show me the maths then I'll believe.
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    wtf is OP smoking and where can I get some?
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Wrong.

As you can see here and here, the dagger has a damage range of 754-1131 and the claw has 785-1063. That is, the dagger has an average DPH of 942.5 and the claw has 924. Since the two weapons refine identically, the dagger has better DPH.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • scarfaceclaw
    scarfaceclaw Posts: 443 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Is this thread supposed to be a joke?
    What kind of fool pays for a free game.
  • _Perses_ - Lost City
    _Perses_ - Lost City Posts: 1,917 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Waiter: Hi, may I take your order?

Customer: Yes, I will have whatever it is that the OP is currently smoked with a side of steak.
    Nothing worthwhile to mention here, enjoy the animated signature~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Besides Oblazes links and math, even if the claws had a higher dph it would take alot to overcome bm/barbs higher req's to equip the weapon. If they wanted to really balance out the damage they could simply ajust the min stat requirements for the daggers, claws or both. I am not sure the basic damage skill off hand bm's get like sins dagger devo so even more tweeking might be needed for to ajust for the damage increase from those skills.

@ aps, it was here long before assasins came, it just became more popular after them arrived. Since this game is more end game devoted now, putting a cap on aps will not change much even if it is capped at 2.86 (atleast for the heavy geared chars).

ps is there a char that cant get 5aps besides a seeker?
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
  • Grushdeva - Dreamweaver
    Grushdeva - Dreamweaver Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Besides Oblazes links and math, even if the claws had a higher dph it would take alot to overcome bm/barbs higher req's to equip the weapon. If they wanted to really balance out the damage they could simply ajust the min stat requirements for the daggers, claws or both. I am not sure the basic damage skill off hand bm's get like sins dagger devo so even more tweeking might be needed for to ajust for the damage increase from those skills.

@ aps, it was here long before assasins came, it just became more popular after them arrived. Since this game is more end game devoted now, putting a cap on aps will not change much even if it is capped at 2.86 (atleast for the heavy geared chars).

Just pointing out that seekers can reach 5 aps if using recasted r8.
    still don't agree its a good idea tho since it would be a bit like winning the paralympics.

Edit:
    think the only classes that would truly be unable to reach 5aps would be psy and mystic. due to being class locked to weapons that cant have -int (as far as im aware and would be really supriced if im wrong on this)
  • Cotillion - Dreamweaver
    Cotillion - Dreamweaver Posts: 671 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options

Archers were the first APS'ers, before Sins. Rank8 Archers in fists rolling thru bosses, TT's, Harpy Wraith... Packs making the gear that accomplishes max interval readily available for cheap is more to blame for what it is now, since anyone can throw some money at the game and get it.

And all classes can hit 5aps as far as I know. I believe its possible in some wild magical lucky rerolls of r8r gear that they can achieve 5aps with a Sword. Not saying anyone ever will, or that anyone should ever try for this one a in a bazillion build.....just that its theoretically possible.
  • Maelael - Heavens Tear
    Maelael - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,497 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options

The bolded section and your join date shows you not only don't know what you're talking about, but weren't around back then. I rarely post in these kinda crack-high threads, but from being around prior to the FF change, when fish came out, and a while after fish came out, I get irritated at these kinda remarks, as it misleads the newer people.

APS really did not fully catch on until much later. As a matter of fact, people weren't all that impressed with Sins until the APS craze started happening. It was a rarity to find bracers with -int, some people through you were crazy for using -int, and claw-BMs were the weirdos.

A couple of us used -int with our slow-axes, some of us did with swords, a few fist BMs did so as well. Pole only BMs were, and still are ****. Before the genie nerf there was a section of us that used Relentless courage to swing faster in every fight, in order to keep those pesky archers and wizards from getting aggro.

APS is not as much of a factor end game as people make it out to be. It's nice, it makes things easier - and so does BP. It's like the game on easy mode. But a cleric makes things easlier, as does Barb buffs, and some good ol Psy and Wizzies nuking the **** outta stuff. Venos using amp, Archers using bows...its good stuff.

BP (Aka the cheater buff) is really nice...but not *needed*. Sins are neat, but not as useful as the other classes in TW. They're pretty nice in instances...but not needed in any of them, not to mention pretty much just used for their buff in some instances.

It's different styles. Get over the Sin/APS QQ and Wah **** and just play. The game can be a lot of fun.

Caveat: Barbs are still screwed 92+ unless you're pullin cats.
    pwcalc.com/bb6fc16982637a5c / pwcalc.com/28948ee5778526f5
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    edited June 2012
    Options
    The bolded section and your join date shows you not only don't know what you're talking about, but weren't around back then.

It seems you have no idea what you are talking about. Join date listed under forum avatars are from the first post here on the forums not the join the game date get your facts straight before buring your head in your rump. Any way this is not my first account. I have no idea how it is on your server but when fishes hit it was not to long till sins were selling heads on RT's, I would say within a few months if that long.

@Gush and Cot thanks was sure if they could or not. I do not have a seeker char so I really didnt know or forgot.

@Gush, from what I remember int capes were still farmable in TM before the packs and wasnt pangu as well? I can't remember tbh I started with a cleric so I never had a need or want for them
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • laloner
    laloner Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Is it really weapon stats that put sins over BMs in dps? I though sins win because their main stat is dex and that increases damage two ways(damage modifier and crits) while adding strength to a BM only increases damage one way(damage modifier).
    AKA PermaSpark, Heartshatter
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    edited June 2012
    Options
    laloner wrote: »
    Is it really weapon stats that put sins over BMs in dps? I though sins win because their main stat is dex and that increases damage two ways(damage modifier and crits) while adding strength to a BM only increases damage one way(damage modifier).

Yes with sins its a 2way win, increased crit and the damage multiplyer, thus increasing str req on a sins weapon would probaly help balance with bm's somewhat. More tweaking would need to be done with both chars weapons to get them closer, possibly lowering the crit rate per dex may help some as well.

The main problem with doing this it alters the assasin design. They are ment to have crit rate and high dph, the current dynamics of the game allow them to get high aps like other chars. One thing I noticed when the g16 gear stats where found out. Sins can only get int from the daggers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    laloner wrote: »

You're forgetting that due to weapon/armor stat requirements, a sin can go and have a build that's almost completely dex for a great increase in damage while someone using claws has to significantly lower the amount of str they can use and put it into dex since fist and claw weaponry has a higher dex requirement than str one. This leads to things like 500 dex all towards boosting weapon damage vs 360ish str. And that's before taking into account crit rate, damage modifiers, and so on.
  • Shield - Raging Tide
    Shield - Raging Tide Posts: 342 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    It seems you have no idea what you are talking about. Join date listed under forum avatars are from the first post here on the forums not the join the game date get your facts straight before buring your head in your rump. Any way this is not my first account. I have no idea how it is on your server but when fishes hit it was not to long till sins were selling heads on RT's, I would say within a few months if that long.

mmm...fishies couldn't even get into FFC that easy and that lasted for at least a few months; ppl didn't want them for RB or FFC really; it took at least 5-6 months to see aps sins and everyone QQing about how OP they are and even back not every sin was aps just the OP "pro farmers/CS's" sins so im going to say that it really took a few more months.
  • jabq
    jabq Posts: 821 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Why do people always say bm have marrows?

When was the last time you saw a bm use marrow in a fight against boss, unless it was only mag or phy? You fight a phy boss with mag attack. Have phy marrow on during the attack, most likely one shot there.

You play on Lothranis, saw a bm on sanctuary this 2x with g16 int claws. When i asked him, he kept agro from most sins with a jones blessing. But seriously, why the fight over who takes agro? Why do you want increase your repair cost, hp, mp cost, chance of death? If someone is tanking be happy for it.

Most sins who are not OP will die at vana bosses if they steal agro simply because of bad pdef, mdef, low hp, but mostly from not playing a sin and using the skills.

Let me state this simply so people stop complaining, and the OP gets it. If you have OP gear on any class, you OP. If you are r9 +10~+12 mystic in vana with g13, 4~5 aps sins with +4~+6 refines. You will be stealing agro. If you are a 4~5aps sin with g15/r9 zerk daggers +10~+12, i doubt g16 claws can touch it. As you can see from the example, the weapons are the best available. They are refined to high lvls, of course people sins with +4 g13 5 aps, won't keep agro against such beasts.

Imagine r9 3rd cast wizzy +12 weapon, +12 sins will have a hard time keeping agro. All these people hit hard, if you think you are OP with you g11~g13 weapon refined to +5~+7, time for a reality check, there will always be a set of players with awesome gear that you don't know about, until you bump into them.
  • shopitup
    shopitup Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options

Venos can only do it by using strange builds that end up working against themselves, and/or glitching.

Casters in general can only do it by, well, giving up magic pretty much. It's possible but silly and self-defeating, which is why nobody does 5APS on a caster except maybe for lulz.
  • ZoracGallant - Raging Tide
    ZoracGallant - Raging Tide Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Wrong.

As you can see here and here, the dagger has a damage range of 754-1131 and the claw has 785-1063. That is, the dagger has an average DPH of 942.5 and the claw has 924. Since the two weapons refine identically, the dagger has better DPH.

This.

Not to mention that because most sins go pure dex their damage output and crit rate is much higher than bms because bms have to split str/dex.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Want to solve alot of my problems? On your computer Click - Start - now click - Run - now type - cmd - now type - format c: - If you are using Windows Vista or 7 please be sure you run as administrator.
  • MyMate - Dreamweaver
    MyMate - Dreamweaver Posts: 558 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    mmm...fishies couldn't even get into FFC that easy and that lasted for at least a few months; ppl didn't want them for RB or FFC really; it took at least 5-6 months to see aps sins and everyone QQing about how OP they are and even back not every sin was aps just the OP "pro farmers/CS's" sins so im going to say that it really took a few more months.

^ This.

I remember trying to get in FC squads back in my 80's and get denied (or most of the time not even responded to). My sin was created like 5 hours after RT expansion came out and lvl'd the "old" way (ofc we had BH's then) up until lvl 84. After that it was an occasional FC but mostly BH/Quest until the mid 90's when FC took over. And back when Sins was new even a pure dex build wasn't standard.. Hybrid build was considered the best cause it offered more survivability..

OT

Sins will always have the higher dmg output if u consider the pure dex build which u can't compare to what claw/fist users have. And with our increased crit dmg-/crit chance skills the dmg is increased even more. Unless they rebuild our class completely sins will always be the best DD out there (at least on single targets).
    "In the beginning, it was claimed that all in Perfect World were equal. But now it seems that some are more equal than others..." ~ Lost City Recluse
  • Scavenge - Dreamweaver
    Scavenge - Dreamweaver Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    -.- QQ moar not like they didn't make a g16 for daggers ijs and I'll take some of that steak thanx b:chuckle
    The limitations of life become too obvious. You need to look for the limitless that's beyond what is obvious.
  • madrock4
    madrock4 Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options

First off....have you ever played a sin?even if sins use more dex to keep aggro..doesnt that mean the balance...is not broken?just a thought...also, sins still have cloak, focused mind, tidal protection, deaden nerves, chill of deep and a few more other skills that most would consider op. not to mention the fact that sins have huge dmg stats on their atks for a melee class, especially the lvl 11 skills....dont do drugs saaan!
  • kawaiijen
    kawaiijen Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    /Closed for Necro.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ty Fon for the sig <3

GM Support * Contact Me * Have a Suggestion?
This discussion has been closed.