Hyper Stone problem

Options
Buff_me - Raging Tide
Buff_me - Raging Tide Posts: 252 Arc User
edited June 2012 in General Discussion
Couple of weeks ago, i suddenly found out, that my hypers multilply exp by x6, not x12.

So, since getting answer from support is waste of time, id like to ask, if anybody met this stuff, or know a reson. b:thanks
Post edited by Buff_me - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Grushdeva - Dreamweaver
    Grushdeva - Dreamweaver Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    you chose the x6 setting instead of the x12 probably
  • Buff_me - Raging Tide
    edited June 2012
    Options
    thougt so, but i just set up new bunch to x12, still same effect
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Quite a few possibilities:
    a) It could be that one of the monsters you killed had an attribute that affects the exp they yield, such as Weak or Sacrificial Assault
    b) It could be that you were using a Martial Arts Scroll to get x1.5 and then used hypers, which would yield you 8.33x the normal exp, not x12
    c) it could be that you killed mobs during 2x exp (I remember there being one not long ago)
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • Buff_me - Raging Tide
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Any of these reasons are not about my situation.

I made test on defferent types of mobs, with tracking exp and class/lvl of mobs. Result is always same.
  • KawaiiJen - Heavens Tear
    KawaiiJen - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Quite a few possibilities:
    a) It could be that one of the monsters you killed had an attribute that affects the exp they yield, such as Weak or Sacrificial Assault
    b) It could be that you were using a Martial Arts Scroll to get x1.5 and then used hypers, which would yield you 8.33x the normal exp, not x12
    c) it could be that you killed mobs during 2x exp (I remember there being one not long ago)

FYI
    Sac Assault, Increased Attack + Magic Attack yields x1.5 EXP
    Increased Defense + Magic Defense and Health yields x2 EXP
    Weakened yields x0.5 EXP
    Martial Arts actually boosts the exp by a multiplier of 100% adding to the 1200% of hypers giving it a grand total of 1300% or x13.

@ OP. If you're character is a low level you get a capped amount of EXP until a certain level. (I think it is around 40?) as a weak attempt to keep leveling too fast. (If you notice as you level up you'll gain more exp in the FFs if you're being power leveled this is stacked additionally to the level difference = exp gap because usually you're level difference is greater then 20 anyways)
    [SIGPIC]http://i48.tinypic.com/2r61kw3.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

The rare and exotic Sage Archer of HT. b:cute
  • Buff_me - Raging Tide
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Still didnt understand...
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Still didnt understand...

K so let's say you're a level 1 noob getting power leveled in FF on the heads.

Normally there is an exp modifier of how much exp you gain. (The highest level gets the most and then it dwindles down from there) as seen here.
    Note: If the difference between the highest level member and the lowest level member is 20 or greater this multiplier is ignored.

So if you kill said head it normally will give you let's say... 8k exp in a squad of 6 at level 100.

But if you notice when you're level 1 you get maybe.. a few hundred, however as you level up you will notice the amount of exp from the mob has increased. (At first thought you would assume that the multiplier wasn't ignored but it is.) There is just an exp cap on how much you can obtain at a certain level. The exp cap is removed after a certain level.
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

• Buff_me - Raging Tide
    edited June 2012
    Options
    K so let's say you're a level 1 noob getting power leveled in FF on the heads.

Normally there is an exp modifier of how much exp you gain. (The highest level gets the most and then it dwindles down from there) as seen here.
    Note: If the difference between the highest level member and the lowest level member is 20 or greater this multiplier is ignored.

So if you kill said head it normally will give you let's say... 8k exp in a squad of 6 at level 100.

But if you notice when you're level 1 you get maybe.. a few hundred, however as you level up you will notice the amount of exp from the mob has increased. (At first thought you would assume that the multiplier wasn't ignored but it is.) There is just an exp cap on how much you can obtain at a certain level. The exp cap is removed after a certain level.

Well, i chose a mob with that gave me 630~ exp w/o hypers. When i used hypers, it gave me onl 3600~ exp. So thats it
  • Laidi - Archosaur
    Laidi - Archosaur Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    I think it's because we're at 2x exp atm.

If you get 630 exp, the mob only really gives 315 exp. And using x12 hypers on a 2x exp event doesn't yield x24 exp. Im not sure how hypers and 2x stacks so I can't give you the exact math... >.<;
  • Buff_me - Raging Tide
    edited June 2012
    Options

If you get 630 exp, the mob only really gives 315 exp. And using x12 hypers on a 2x exp event doesn't yield x24 exp. Im not sure how hypers and 2x stacks so I can't give you the exact math... >.<;

Oh, ur answer seems to be closest to truth
    edited June 2012
    Options

X2 event shares the same value as an eso / martial arts scroll.

They both stack with the hypers giving a 1300%(1250%) gain or x13(x12.5)exp. However, a side note. Sometimes the exp value listed is WRONG. In most cases you will see this occurrence with bosses in FF. The scenario is that the game can't register an EXP gain that much in the combat list. (EXP), if you notice the Spirit however will give the correct amount. So I would suggest looking at how much Spirit you're getting with and without hypers.

Example from the FF scenario is where you get let's say...

5k spirit and only 15k exp. Now mathematically that is wrong since you get 1/5 of your exp in spirit. So you are(and it is giving) 25k exp but it only is displaying 15k.
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

• VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    X2 event shares the same value as an eso / martial arts scroll.

They both stack with the hypers giving a 1300% gain or x13 exp. However, a side note. Sometimes the exp value listed is WRONG. In most cases you will see this occurrence with bosses in FF. The scenario is that the game can't register an EXP gain that much in the combat list. (EXP), if you notice the Spirit however will give the correct amount. So I would suggest looking at how much Spirit you're getting with and without hypers.

Example from the FF scenario is where you get let's say...

5k spirit and only 15k exp. Now mathematically that is wrong since you get 1/5 of your exp in spirit. So you are(and it is giving) 25k exp but it only is displaying 15k.

I thought it was 12.5 for esos/martial scrolls w/o 2x?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
    edited June 2012
    Options
    I thought it was 12.5 for esos/martial scrolls w/o 2x?

Ah yes I should've put that. That makes a little confusing sorry. (I'm trying to keep it simple to understand) Edited my post to including eso value in parenthesis.
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

• Buff_me - Raging Tide
    edited June 2012
    Options
    So, amount of exp i am getting is normal?
    edited June 2012
    Options
    So, amount of exp i am getting is normal?

Presumably yes. There is 2 ways to check it.

Compare your spirit gain with and without hypers. See if the gain is x12 more or not.

Another way is to kill a mob without hypers figure the math for the x12 value (300 into 3600) and then write down your exp amount in the character(c-button) window and add what you should've gotten into it kill the mob and see if the value matches. (+- a few exp points.)
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

• unceuncerave
    unceuncerave Posts: 471 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    its a nerf they put on fish to help reduce the population of the useless things
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] for GD Onion 2012 b:victory