Your Experiences?

Options
Quianji - Harshlands
Quianji - Harshlands Posts: 14 Arc User
edited June 2012 in Seeker
Howd'y there happy sword/blade wielding people :D I'm looking to make a seeker and just wanted to know what's the class been like for you? Reason being I'm looking for something different from the regular old caster class :X and this class seems to be just the thing I'm looking for though the part that scares me is the meeleing oO!!!!! I'm not really the tanking type and I hear that as a seeker you maybe required to tank sometimes especially fc pulls D: but thi is mostly in regaurds to me deciding between this here lvl67 psy and starting a new toon that will be a seeker or archer. o.o
Anyway so yeah as stated what's your experience with a seeker been like?feel free to include any funny/helpful etc. stories of your seeker as well as your choice bewtween blades, dual blades, swords, dual swords and builds; Vit HA, Str HA, Dex etc. oh oh!!! and videos that you think would be helpful :D,b:cute
Post edited by Quianji - Harshlands on

Comments

• Medaka - Lothranis
    Medaka - Lothranis Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    I used to be a caster player too (: I find seekers so much more fun to play than the old casters and I'm preety much the same as you, I suck at melee classes or tanks but I'm enjoying my seeker while doing both ^^.

You might end up tanking FC pulls alot yes but it's not as hard as you think (: I've been doing so since 80 but I was running around in TT80 gold b:surrender .

I'm 101 by the way since my avatar is still bugged it seems b:sad
  • Grushdeva - Dreamweaver
    Grushdeva - Dreamweaver Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Being a seeker is really fun to me at least. i wouldnt worry too much about the tanking, as a psy you should know how usefull attack/defence levels are, seekers get 30 def-levels and can reduce the bosses attack by 10. essentially taking ~40% less damage (not that close but cant be bothered to calc the real value).
    For large mob pulls you should have no problems asuming decent gear and bloodpaint, at early levels a cleric with bb helps, and you can always pack some apoth if you're uncertain.

if melee is a problem then get yourself some good elemental ornaments and stay ranged. i personaly use an elemental neck and swap my belt out after what im doing at the moment. (for said low level fc pulls probably best to stick to both phys to survive better, at higher levels not really a problem)

weaponwise dual-swords/blades (doesnt matter that much) is generaly prefered as they have a higher damage per hit. exception being rank swords since they hit hard either way.

builds the most common one seems to be adding no vit, dex to 160 and dumping the rest in str for damage. my own is 50-ish vit that i added at earlier levels for survivability and dex at 180. (at 101 that is)

personaly i prefer running with caster heavy squads, with some aps or other person doing the tanking so that i can focus fully on debuffing/DD-ing, increasing the damage of myself and the other squad members as much as possible through northern sky waltz and the shatter debuffs etc.
  • Vesemr - Sanctuary
    Vesemr - Sanctuary Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    I used to play veno and psy but must say I feel the best with seeker. I like using skills and seeker is just made for that.

I love to hear reactions of wizzes and psys right after using shatters. During lvling I had 0 problems with finding squads, bhs, fcc etc. After 100 is still not a problem. People like to see seekers in RB, Nirvana-casters, Warsong, Lunar, AEU so all end game caves.

Usefull tip, if you ve got other seeker in squad talk with him/her or look which buff on sword they re using. I had many situations where I couldn't use my demon gemini on boss.. (yes i care about additional 2 less att/def lvl from boss and yes i wanna hit harder)

About build Im going all the way with Str, Vit stopped at 45 points and Im fine, Dex just to use r8 sword. So here is answer for weapon.. swords. But to be honest dual swords would be very good choice too.

Seeker is great choice to start play with.. you just have to understand that skills re really important for us. Not talking about gear.. well, is important for every class.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Safeng, thanks for syg <3

Look how I care, that you don't like my English ,,|,,
  • Quianji - Harshlands
    Quianji - Harshlands Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    ty all who replied to this post but I've narrowed ma' decision down to an archer and a psy :P so I'm off to stalk their forums >.> for my final decision :d