rank8 recast 3 sockets or 4 socket ??

Options
watertide
watertide Posts: 30 Arc User
edited May 2012 in Seeker
is that right u only get 3scokets from recast for heavy plate ?? I got 4socket from rank8 footware ?? help !!
Post edited by watertide on

Comments

• Kuyton - Dreamweaver
    Kuyton - Dreamweaver Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    think its 4sock 100% for all. i have never seen anything less, and i got 4s on my legs n chest too
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    All r8 recast items will always be crafted with 4 sockets (2 for weapons).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • watertide
    edited May 2012
    Options
    ok, GM email me back and telling me it is not 100% 4sockets !! is that real ?? anyone else getting 3 sockets from rank8 recast ?? b:shocked
  • Grushdeva - Dreamweaver
    Grushdeva - Dreamweaver Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    what exactly is it you are talking about. r8 arms/boots/chest/legs can be both 3 and 4 soc (10% for 4, 90% for 3). the r8 recast arms/boots/chest/legs on the other hand should be 100% for 4 soc.

i wouldnt trust too much on gm mails as they can easily be stressed out, miss the part about "recast" or just generaly get things wrong. they do have to handle a whole lot of mails/tickets many of which they just glance through and then pick a template response (or so i've heard).
    for example my gf just mailed them saying she doesnt get any email to confirm a password swap. getting a link back to where you change your password as response. (the exact place she was complaining didnt work for her)
  • watertide
    edited May 2012
    Options
    I am talking about rank8 recast missing one socket on my seeker'sb:cry plate
  • Subtraction - Harshlands
    Subtraction - Harshlands Posts: 690 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    watertide wrote: »
    I am talking about rank8 recast missing one socket on my seeker'sb:cry plate

as proven by the photographic proof you have
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Ewa Sonnet has the best pair of jugs ever. Nothing else compares." - Eoria.
    HE'S OVERALL KNOWLEDGE OF THE CLASS IS LEGIT.
  • MareAssassin - Lost City
    MareAssassin - Lost City Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Like someone else said, it's about 90% chance for 3 Sockets and 10% 4 Sockets so it's random. Sometimes, you'll get 3 sockets, other times you'll get lucky and get 4. You can also use Socket Stones to increase the number of sockets your weapon/armor has.
  • Neodaystar - Sanctuary
    Neodaystar - Sanctuary Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    The gm that responded to your email probably misread your question and didn't understand the word recast. And this goes for all the replies on this thread so far that gives you % change for a certain amount of sockets.

Rank 8 recast armor is guarantee 4 sockets.
    Rank 8 recast weapon is guarantee 2 sockets.

You can also check this using the pwi database, or ask any one on your server with a chest plate that has less than 4 sockets.

http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/32275

Your's probably glitched. There has been so many recast armor made on my server that none has one that is not 4 socket. So that rules out the slight possibility that getting 4 sockets is 90% chance.
  • watertide
    edited May 2012
    Options
    90% for three sockets !! I should be really happy. All my recast is 4 sockets, expect heavy plate. I really have luck in that case.
  • Subtraction - Harshlands
    Subtraction - Harshlands Posts: 690 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    watertide wrote: »
    90% for three sockets !! I should be really happy. All my recast is 4 sockets, expect heavy plate. I really have luck in that case.

no

100% for 4 sockets

zzzz
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Ewa Sonnet has the best pair of jugs ever. Nothing else compares." - Eoria.
    HE'S OVERALL KNOWLEDGE OF THE CLASS IS LEGIT.