Tiger loading screen question

Options
2»

Comments

• Fintan - Lost City
    Fintan - Lost City Posts: 1,245 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    To be honest i also thing people overeact whit a image that u see what? 3-4seconde when u teleport, unless u lag as **** and got the image during 5 minutes but in that case change computer.

Maybe was better draw, but the image is not so much awfull, i dont think people will start bleeding from the eyes for see its a couple secondes.

I see people post **** comment/thread/reply everyday on forum, do i ask mod to change it cause i dont like it? No. You will tell me if im not happy to dont read it, well same if someone cannot support the image he can just close his eyes for 5 seconde the time image pass.

I think you miss the gist of the complaints: This was the winner of the winter contest. I don't think anyone anticipated it'd show up for winter in the southern hemisphere. I think many are also annoyed that the winner doesn't match the style of the other load screens (and is a jarring choice, in fact, for various reasons) and that there were better (subjective!) choices submitted. I believe that there were complaints that some people's entries were never even acknowledged.

Basically, the complaint is that PWE majorly lagged (see the holly in her hair?) and that the contest was just bizarrely run in the first place.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    MuSHRooMS - Lost City (currently inviting new members) b:victory
    WeAreMuSHRooMS.com
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    I think you miss the gist of the complaints: This was the winner of the winter contest. I don't think anyone anticipated it'd show up for winter in the southern hemisphere. I think many are also annoyed that the winner doesn't match the style of the other load screens (and is a jarring choice, in fact, for various reasons) and that there were better (subjective!) choices submitted. I believe that there were complaints that some people's entries were never even acknowledged.

Basically, the complaint is that PWE majorly lagged (see the holly in her hair?) and that the contest was just bizarrely run in the first place.

^ thx, you are the best exemple of what i mean, people overreact for 1 image.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Fintan - Lost City
    Fintan - Lost City Posts: 1,245 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    ^ thx, you are the best exemple of what i mean, people overreact for 1 image.

I'm lost... b:question

I recall world chatting that it looks like warmed ***, and even that post was very not very appreciative of the artwork. The point I was trying to make was that if PWE had run the contest a bit better and had been a bit more, shall we say, ... timely ... with sticking it into the load screen rotation, people would be b'ing and m'ing a bit less.

The art isn't great. It'd be the injury here, since we have to stare at it each time we get a map change (even the client side randomness sucks in this game). The insult would be how long we had to wait for it.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    MuSHRooMS - Lost City (currently inviting new members) b:victory
    WeAreMuSHRooMS.com
  • Lolgasmic - Raging Tide
    Lolgasmic - Raging Tide Posts: 1,315 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    I thought it's cute... It's nice they actually put something made by a player in the game... Sure it's off-season... But it's not like it ruins the game or anything like that... b:cute

Actually the first time I saw it, I logged in and was leaving Morai. The first loading screen was that very pic, and my eyes were like @_@ CANNOT SEE.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Barbarian 103 - 101 - 101
    Started playing on March 2010
  • Ikarium - Dreamweaver
    Ikarium - Dreamweaver Posts: 631 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    http://i.imgur.com/a5kMI.jpg
    This art appeared after last maintenance. Can PWI remove it please? And who actually likes this...? I am having overwhelming desire to immediately close the game after I see this picture b:sad
    Actually this was gist of the original complaint. Which is...w/e.
    The pic offends you that much? The interwebs is not the place for you, my friend.
  • MyuMyu - Harshlands
    MyuMyu - Harshlands Posts: 287 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    All I got to say is............to the artists knowing that PWi could publish your work, just know you cannot escape criticism and haterage by other applicant's friends / fans, good or bad.

fixed.

Haters gonna hate.
    and crying over something that shows on ur screen for 1 sec only? lol.....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ItsAWolf - Archosaur
    ItsAWolf - Archosaur Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    If the pic offends you that much, just change it in the game files.

I think it's a pretty good pic and dunno what people are whining about, I wouldn't look at any of the contest pics for my entertainment, but it doesn't make me cringe or anything.
  • Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear
    Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,541 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Bashing someones creation when there was obviously put much effort into is not cool... Seriously... Making art is a hobby for most... Something ppl like to do in their free time... Now this loading screen may have an art style some of you don't like as much... But I can tell how much effort was put into it just by looking at it... And I happen to like it...

You should really be more considerate... I know some ppl who stopped creating stuff because some ppl kept trash-talking their creations... They started to believe they actually sucked while they obviously where very good at it... Also plz remember that criticizing and bashing are 2 different things...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Veno, Archer & Psychic on Heaven's Tear...
    Also a big fan of Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Star Ocean, "Tales of" games, Ys, Zelda, Pokemon & Anime...
    BigHearts member... f:grin
  • krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Hey, they got one pretty decent mod out of it. For a forum contest to become a mod, 50% success is actually pretty good.

As for the loading screen, I don't personally care for it - but it's only on the screen for a matter of seconds so I don't really care.

Pretty decent?b:sad

Meh, it's better than horrible, I guess.b:lipcurl

b:chuckle

Anyway, I'll forward your concerns on to frankie (I'm writing it up right after I post this), and see what is said about how long it'll be there. Thanks for posting!

Closing this to avoid any more flames (intentional or unintentional) about the picture.
This discussion has been closed.