50$ for a +10 Ocean orb

Options
Karmiel - Dreamweaver
Karmiel - Dreamweaver Posts: 103 Arc User
edited April 2012 in General Discussion
50$ for a +10 Ocean orb.

Can I ask what happened to the thread regarding the over pricing of the ORBs?

b:surrender
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Karmiel - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    It was depth'd for some unknown reason...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • evolution1234
    evolution1234 Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Fuzzy sees no need for this thread to continue.

-closed-
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    It was depth'd for some unknown reason...

thats one way to solve customer discontent. put it in the garbage and pretend it isnt there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Karmiel - Dreamweaver
    Karmiel - Dreamweaver Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    I was not sure if I had just missed it or if it had been moved but I could not locate the post. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • oxytorch
    oxytorch Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    I think this is the one you mean , it was in lower depths http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1348991
    b:angry b:angry b:angry b:angry b:angry We love this game STOP RUINING IT !! b:angry b:angry b:angry b:angry b:angry b:angry

"Sometimes the strongest are the ones that walk away . Enough is Enough ".
  • fuzzywuzz
    fuzzywuzz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    There is no reason at all we shouldn't have a thread about this.

The panda saw no need for the obvious troll thread on this same issue to continue, hence he closed that one. As to why the one started yesterday was closed, Fuzzy does not know. It does indeed hurt that the Ocean Orbs are 50 gold, the panda was hoping to buy a few for himself.

The thing is, they have probably sold 20 Ocean Orbs for every single negtive post about this. No matter what the price, there will always be people buying em.

While yes, for those of us who have been merchanting and grinding and waiting for the "normal" sale it is easy to be frustrated when seeing this. However, to Fuzzy it just means that when the sale we are used to does indeed roll around, and dollars to doughnuts it will, there will just be an even bigger stack of coin to buy em with. (The panda is aware that statement will be little consolation to anyone.)
    [SIGPIC]Need to talk to Fuzzy?[/SIGPIC]
    Sig by NowItsAwn
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    FuzzyWuzz wrote: »
    No matter what the price, there will always be people buying em.

considering the event going on this weekend, i would be cautious throwing around words like "always"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • evolution1234
    evolution1234 Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    There is no reason [/SIZE]
    for fuzzy to talk in third person.
    Fuzzy has big stacks of coins.
    Fuzzy does not complain.
    Fuzzy love this game.
    Fuzzy love to be forum mod.
    Fuzzy wuzz is not a wuzz when it comes to closing threads.

Fuzzy loves to change topic of forum thread and then close them.

This thread is about 10 star ocean orb and why the original thread was gone.

Ocean orb for 50 gold is very expensive. Only the richest player can enjoy the sale.
  • Zarni - Dreamweaver
    Zarni - Dreamweaver Posts: 258 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    I don't see why even "rich people" would want to spend $1650 to +10 a full set of gear when it cost $660 a few months ago.....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    Tsukyini - Raging Tide Posts: 1,766 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Hmmm.

Frankie makes a post about an issue with people not getting their blinking poultices that they should have gotten when they purchased ocean orbs
    Frankiepoo wrote:
    Hey all,

We're having an issue with the Dragon Orb Ocean/Blinking Poultice promotion (http://pwi.perfectworld.com/news/?p=517211) -- Blinking Poultices were slated to be sent out starting yesterday at 2pm PDT, but they did not go out as planned. We'll have this fixed asap, and those who bought Oceans since yesterday will have their missing Poultices sent to them by next week.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

-The PWI Team

/me checks forum topics
    /me sees zero(0) threads from people QQing about not having gotten their poultices
    /me wonders how it's possible to have an issue with stuff not going out on time and zero QQ

Discuss. b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Remember, it will be fixed ASAP! b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Remember, it will be fixed ASAP! b:cute

Nonono, that wasn't what I was getting at! b:chuckle

No one is complaining! So.... did anyone actually buy the orbs?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • xvokcx
    xvokcx Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    .. meaning that , no sales have been done at all , and hell, theres no way im spending 50 bucks on 1 orb haha , that's what you may call ... insane? I bought me a 50 dollar webcam on ebay instead.. oh well .. money well spent.b:victory
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    edited April 2012
    Options
    xvokcx wrote: »
    I bought me a 50 dollar webcam on ebay

Ooooh boy. We all know what those are used for. b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Annonrae - Sanctuary
    Annonrae - Sanctuary Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    The thing is, they have probably sold 20 Ocean Orbs for every single negtive post about this. No matter what the price, there will always be people buying em.

I'd just like to know how many actually *are* buying this overpriced item with real cash. I can't/don't want to believe that people are actually throwing that much real money at a game this old.

I am a cash shopper for certain "vanity" items like fashion, charms, mounts, wings and I do gamble with packs now and then, but man... a full set of +10 gear made with orbs of this price? I don't think I spent that much money on *all* the games I played combined last year, and that includes single player.
  • Mitachi - Dreamweaver
    Mitachi - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,201 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Copied from other thread:

Honestly this company seems to believe "increasing prices" on something will balance the game, yet they fail to remember the people who were unfortunate to miss the last sale which puts them at a serious disadvantage.

Do you people not read the forums frankie? We have been begging for a 10* orb sale, and we even SPECIFIED that we WANTED the 5 for 100 gold package. Honestly, pwi thinks we complain too much but gee i wonder why cause you never EVER listen to the player base. We have been begging for 2 months and still what do you give us? Overpriced stuff. How is a non cser suppose to pay 66mil for one ocean orb? I been farming my buttcheeks off so that i could get enough gold to +10 the rest of my gear with a PROPER sale.

PWI always wants to make money, so how is it that they cannot see that the 100gold package will result in people buying MORE. Only fools will buy an ocean orb for 50gold. Get with the program!
    To the players who refused to exploit the glitch, we're sorry that we cannot deliver the justice that you were waiting for, but we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again.

Is the 50 gold per ocean orb the improvement you promised? If so you failing this course.

Also Fuzzy if there are people buying it, aka merchants probably they really fail at economics. Also, if pwi makes it cheaper as i said, more people will buy it, its basic merchant knowledge.

10 people buy these orbs at 50 gold:
    10*50= $500 oh profit?
    100 people buy 100gold package: would probably be more
    100*100= $10000

Yes, the 50 gold is definitely more profitable derp.b:bye
  • Bobobejumbo - Raging Tide
    Bobobejumbo - Raging Tide Posts: 934 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Hmmm.

Frankie makes a post about an issue with people not getting their blinking poultices that they should have gotten when they purchased ocean orbs

/me checks forum topics
    /me sees zero(0) threads from people QQing about not having gotten their poultices
    /me wonders how it's possible to have an issue with stuff not going out on time and zero QQ

Discuss. b:cute

Two guilds in a war open beta this weekend. Nothing left to discuss b:chuckle
  • Mingkeey - Lost City
    Mingkeey - Lost City Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    you people ever get off PWI Forums?Same old a-holes complaining.Am going to make another We want 2x drops thread just so you all freak out and attack me.Q_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________Q moar moar moar moar q________________Q b:bye
  • Sympathi - Archosaur
    Sympathi - Archosaur Posts: 623 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Two guilds in a war open beta this weekend. Nothing left to discuss b:chuckle

I heard about those two guilds, i hear they will be playing on the US server on the Henge of Denravi world in like, 8 hours time! b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    :: Youtube.com/YCEvenix :: Seeker PvP, PvE and TW Videos
  • xvokcx
    xvokcx Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    1-Game is too old and getting older as we speak.
    2-Old games dont increase prices on Mall items they lower them as they are on their last legs.
    3-Theres so much competition out there.

Going against this logic in mmos is like shooting an old sick person.
  • Aneurysmal - Heavens Tear
    Aneurysmal - Heavens Tear Posts: 798 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Hmm, $50 Ocean Orbs, $3 charms with plenty stock still... No reason to make more money in game atm... Back to the amazing game with a 5 letter acronym starting with SW spawned off a 6 part movie series starting at the "4th" film in the late 1970s and beloved by all people with a pulse (stating you don't like that series you label yourself a member of the living dead and eligible for zombie hunting).
    Main:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Alts:
    Lypiphera 101 Cleric
    Incompetance 100 Blademaster
    MetalPenguin 101 Seeker

b:dirtySolara_Craft/Disarmonia_Xb:dirty
  • Bobobejumbo - Raging Tide
    Bobobejumbo - Raging Tide Posts: 934 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    I heard about those two guilds, i hear they will be playing on the US server on the Henge of Denravi world in like, 8 hours time! b:chuckle

Don't know what world this Norn Guardian will be joining just yet, but as soon as I get off work tonight I'll be all up in it.
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    edited April 2012
    Options
    How is a non cser suppose to pay 66mil for one ocean orb?

Maybe that's the point. It could be a combination of trying to coerce people into cashshopping and of trying to give +10 a status of being elite/hard to attain.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Strategy of company is pretty obvious, but WRONG.
    They loosing players=less gold sold. So to maintain the same profit from past, they increase prices. This is very wrong strategy which will lead to the end, if they don't change it soon.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mitachi - Dreamweaver
    Mitachi - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,201 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Maybe that's the point. It could be a combination of trying to coerce people into cashshopping and of trying to give +10 a status of being elite/hard to attain.

Oh good assumption, though i dont even think cs-ers are that dumb.
  • keihan007#7641
    keihan007#7641 Posts: 1,190 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Strategy of company is pretty obvious, but WRONG.
    They loosing players=less gold sold. So to maintain the same profit from past, they increase prices. This is very wrong strategy which will lead to the end, if they don't change it soon.

It`s a shame they are seemingly killing their game. The higher things are priced, the lesser amount of ppl are willing to buy the items hence the higher price you need to achieve the same profit. Now had the gone cheaper, there would of been more ppl willing to buy the said items, hence they`ll be making same profit with lower prices. The ones that are going to buy orbs with this sht sale mostly have their refines already - Additionally PWE is angering the playerbase when major MMO is coming out. Unless PWE is intentionally killing the game, they really should fire whoever is running their marketing.
    BlackList vs Frenzied 3/17

https://youtu.be/RkkWkigYd3k