Territory Wars will be broken up into 6 month-long seasons

Comments

• Sabella - Harshlands
    Sabella - Harshlands Posts: 213 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Crystal walk strategy is oh-so-deep and amazing. So deep and amazing it spawned a 3-page long thread.

Derp.

Get into some real TW's then it might not look so ridiculous for people to post here.
    *derp alert**derp alert**derp alert**derp alert**derp alert**derp alert*

Burnout's posting again!!

• Cimon - Harshlands
    Cimon - Harshlands Posts: 279 Arc User
    edited February 2012

Going through the vid I took of yesterday's TW, the last "oh noes theys on our crystal" message we got was the 50% one. And, judging from GC, your catas were all dead soon after.

Do I have to make another TW vid out of a crystal sprint as proof? I'll even leave GC uncovered just for you, cimon.

i never thought youd ask pls post it as soon as you can guild chat on or off makes no diff to me
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]ty mystic man for the sig
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    Burnout - Harshlands Posts: 2,585 Arc User
    edited February 2012

NO U LOL!

Sabella's posting again!!

On topic: Why is Sabella talking about TW when he doesn't even know how to pvp?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I replied to the 7th topic on the 1st page of mystic forums, and got reported for necro. Plz save mystic forums.
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    i never thought youd ask pls post it as soon as you can guild chat on or off makes no diff to me

50% isn't 90%. ijs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Cimon - Harshlands
    Cimon - Harshlands Posts: 279 Arc User
    edited February 2012

i said we had your crystal down to 90% when you first enterd our base

-edit-after watchng the video it clerly shows that what i said was true i mean again id like to say were doing alot better then we have been and definitly better then when we started your right half a crystal aint something to march through town about but hell its a start
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]ty mystic man for the sig
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    edited February 2012
    Try doing it without a stack? lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I <3 Subtraction.

• John_Smith - Harshlands
    John_Smith - Harshlands Posts: 865 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    This thread is boring.

Someone do something entertaining b:cry
    I've quit excluding TW for my faction. But I still hang around to help out those who still enjoy the game under PWEs horrific handling and to have fun in the forums. b:cute
    #Shame about PWEs absolutely craptastic handling of the goons glitching. Remember kids, there's no punishment for breaking the rules here!#
    If you make a valid complaint, your thread will disapear. Don't post it here, post it on other sites where PW can't hide it.
  • Sabella - Harshlands
    Sabella - Harshlands Posts: 213 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    NO U LOL!

Burnout's posting again

On topic: Why is Burnout talking about TW when he doesn't even know how to pvp?

I got some complaints in my earlier videos about my lack of kiting, so I made a new video here of me toying with a full +12 R9 barb's charm for 5 minutes, just to show that mystics CAN kite if they choose too. The barb has 40k+ hp, but that wasn't the point.
    Derp
    Go make another video to validate yourself. No one cares hahahahaha
    R9 mystic what a joke
  • Okopogo - Harshlands
    Okopogo - Harshlands Posts: 751 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    This thread is now about the most delicious meal you have ever had.

Junior Chicken from McDonalds with Thai sauce + Medium Fries with Thai on the side dip, and a Medium Coca-Cola.
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    edited February 2012
    McDonalds is disgusting. D:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I <3 Subtraction.

• Roland - Harshlands
    Roland - Harshlands Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited February 2012

I didn't actually watch the video, but I just wanted too say, PRO ****ING MUSIC SELECTION.

you rock.

that is all.
    "WHOA, CALM DOWN HOLY JESUS **** NIPPLES IT'S JUST A GAME" - Longknife
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    edited February 2012
    I didn't actually watch the video, but I just wanted too say, PRO ****ING MUSIC SELECTION.

you rock.

that is all.

*in squad with Dikastis and Subtraction*

Me: Hey. This vid is four minutes long. Give me a song.
    Subtraction: Haddaway - What Is Love
    Me: BRILLIANT!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I <3 Subtraction.

• Subtraction - Harshlands
    Subtraction - Harshlands Posts: 690 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    *in squad with Dikastis and Subtraction*

Me: Hey. This vid is four minutes long. Give me a song.
    Subtraction: Haddaway - What Is Love
    Me: BRILLIANT!

b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Ewa Sonnet has the best pair of jugs ever. Nothing else compares." - Eoria.
    HE'S OVERALL KNOWLEDGE OF THE CLASS IS LEGIT.
  • apex1predator
    apex1predator Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2012

LoL at Soifon's, omfg im second on sin dmg list and i killed a 105 sin, pro cleric killing skills.
  • Adalgiso - Harshlands
    Adalgiso - Harshlands Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Back to thread b:surrender

Good sides of map reset occurring every 6months:

1. More competitive and equal TW's
    2. Less monopoly
    3. More fun Territory wars
    4. Lower rate of inflation (hopefully)
    5. More strong factions

To explain, by more competitive and equal TW's I mean factions are able to bid on faction besides Crimson and Catalyst. Factions that will suit them more by strength and from which they won't get wiped out in 5minutes.

Less monopoly kinda explains itself. Catalyst on Harslands owes 90% of the map, which gives them lots of coins each week.

More fun - I guess back to first argument, except this one is not related to being competitive but just to having fun. No one likes to get wiped out by faction full of r9's when your own faction is still in TT90 green armor or lower grade molds. So besides those that are competitive and do TW's because they want to have lands, those that come to TW for fun, lol's, friends or whatever will be able to enjoy again.

Inflation one is iffy and I'm not sure if it will work, but I am hoping so at least. With current set up that we have on harshland TW map, Catalyst get each week 200mil coins (for example, I haven't really done map, this is just semi done calculation). I am not really sure of how cata divides their coins and I don't really care that is their business, but I imagine they buy some gold with those coins, and then give certain people either rank gear or d. orbs or whatever. Back to point, after 5 weeks or so, one faction gets 1bilion coins from game, made out of no where, to put in gold. Even if they take 50% of those 1bilion to put in gold, it can still inflate gold market quite a bit. So hopefully with 10-20 factions dividing those 300 milions per week we get from lands, instead of 2 factions, maybe gold prices and everything else could go down in prices, or at least stagnate where they are now.

As last argument, maybe people get tired of having 3 minute TW's in catalyst and split out and go to different factions. Even tho I doubt this will happen, as most of us have alts today. So its more simple to have one faction to get coins in, and another faction to have fun TW's with. But more different colors on map means more coins for different factions, which might bring each faction those people that want to go faction (and aren't probably geared well enough for catalyst)

I read rest of thread, even tho I got feeling it got slightly off the subject. Catalyst is not reachable for any of the faction currently on Harshlands and that is just fact that you can not deny. Feeling is actually, and experience shows that even with stacked wars of 3 strongest factions on server (or read those that have highest number of people showing up for TW), catalyst would definitely keep 2 out of 3 attacked lands, or maybe even all 3.

And I completely agree with whoever said that attacking catalyst is stupidest thing you can do if you want to practice and learn for TW. You should aim to get fights with guild that matches you in strength, and that way with TW that isn't over in 5 minutes you get a chance to learn something, improve your strategy or try a new one, learn to deal with unexpected situations and stress, practice coordination of teams etc etc etc. Attacking catalyst after TW map reset with 50+ free lands to choose from would be, I'm sorry but idiotic and suicidal. You would accomplish absolutely nothing.
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    edited February 2012
    LoL at Soifon's, omfg im second on sin dmg list and i killed a 105 sin, pro cleric killing skills.

Expel too strong!

As for the actual topic at hand, I'm only okay with a reset if it's yearly. Six months is just not long enough for there to be any sort of real competition for the big guilds. I mean, yeah...I can always go TW on an alt for another guild, but I would like to play my main for TW sometimes, ya know? D:

I also believe that the ultimate goal of any TW guild is to basically take the map and PWE is just not allowing that to happen now with the six month reset...
    Adalgiso wrote:
    4. Lower rate of inflation (hopefully)

Prices are pretty much entirely PWE's fault as pack sales (and rep/d orb sales to an extent) set the gold price. This is why you saw gold at around 1.8m ea during like the entirety of December. If packs weren't in for like 22 gold per 100 packs, gold price would not have been that high (and if they hadn't had the 20% off rep sale, gold price would not have hit 2m like it did). Likewise, pretty sure if packs weren't in at that price then, tokens would not be as high as they are now. So GG. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I <3 Subtraction.

• Zorothustra - Harshlands
    Zorothustra - Harshlands Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    So I started reading Derrik Parfit's 'On What Matters'. Its pretty interesting. Though I can't say I agree with Parfit claims that morality exists independently of those who exercise morality.

I mean I'm a moral nihilist. I can't claim that stealing or murder or **** is morally good or bad independent of the circumstances in which such actions apply. It all comes down to preferences. I see actions and I categorize them into 'right' and 'wrong' depending on how I feel about such actions. I don't have any reason to follow these categorizations outside of the circumstances in which they appear, but they do follow them in a 'self-obligatory way'. That is to say that I feel obliged to follow my own intuitions about certain events that we may deem moral or immoral.

This is neither to say that I'm a moral subjectivist or a moral relativist. I don't want everyone to follow their own moral code. I think that would get quite messy. I want people, neigh, I demand that people follow my own moral code, that is I want people to follow the same rules that I have set for myself.

Some people say that Neitzche was a moral Nihilist, I don't think this is exactly true. He seems to be more inclined to virtue ethics than anything else.

I think this is interesting. More interesting then the last six pages of the discussion that has happened on this thread.
  • FurryMeat - Lost City
    FurryMeat - Lost City Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I think the 6month stuff is a silly idea.

Factions need to man up and stack Cata PROPERLY instead of bi.tching about it.
    That and learn how to play
  • TheDendra - Harshlands
    TheDendra - Harshlands Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    6months thing is a joke, it will simply allow noobs to stay nooby and pick on other noobs to fight for scraps. With this system nobody will ever man up and beat Catalyst because it's much easier to just run around the map in circles and hope Cata doesn't pick on you first.

Catalyst is far from an actual competitive faction and it doesn't take godlike efforts or skills to bring them down, sadly it takes a good mindset which 99% pwi losers don't have, since they all want to get wins handed to them on a silver plate.

I.e. there have been several attempts to fight Cata 1on1, what happens? Cata wins a few times and the other side gives up, like "oh well, we tried, time to move on...". All these crybabies know nothing about winning nor would ever become winners in ten times harder environments where all you do is lose and get ***** for at least one or two years until you get good enough to score some wins of your own - that's hard, winning in PWI is easy because the game never changes, if you learned how to play your class 1year ago, guess what, you're still just as good a year later because there's nothing new to learn or adapt.

Part of the guilt may go to PWI itself because it's designed to favour $$$ over skills - i.e. you can be a bad **** but it ain't gonna get you to the top unless you got money to gear yourself up. This doesn't really motivate players to learn to play since they mostly just worry how to make money and get that expensive gear.

Still, that's no excuse and hopefully over time Harshlands will have enough players with balls, brains, guts and patience to fight Catalyst and whop their *****.

Dunno how bout you guys, but I'm here for the competition and this 6months map reset thing will pretty much avoid it - fighting with lesser factions over meaningless land while we all know Cata is the boss isn't exactly something that would satisfy a competitive spirit.
  • tfi2f
    tfi2f Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I watched Eoria's vid.

Here's an in depth guide for valhalla members on how to uninstall the Perfect World client.
    Start -> Control Panel -> Add or Remove Programs -> Locate Perfect World International -> Click Uninstall or Repair -> Click next until the window disappears.

BASIC MATH. BASIC MATH. DO IT. COME ON.
  • Adalgiso - Harshlands
    Adalgiso - Harshlands Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Dunno how bout you guys, but I'm here for the competition and this 6months map reset thing will pretty much avoid it - fighting with lesser factions over meaningless land while we all know Cata is the boss isn't exactly something that would satisfy a competitive spirit.

If we all really wanted Catalyst off their throne, we would join forces into 2 guilds and then bid them and hope we can win.

Everything else is BS, even stacks of TW's when you have 2nd major faction not bidding or 10 fake bids.

You can not win cata 1vs1, you can not even win 3vs1.

So sorry but I'd rather have competitive TW's for faction I am in, with factions equal in strength where skills or tactic might actually be relevant. No land is meaningless they all give coins. And certainly no faction is meaningless because they do not have bunch of r9's +12.

Tw is rare aspect of game most people still enjoy. But no one really enjoys getting rolled by cata every single week in 5 minutes, which is currently reality on Harslands and it would remain reality for months and months if we didn't have map reset coming up.

I am sorry tho, that we are having reset before Catalyst took over map. We didn't really let them have it, but we didn't do anything till it was late. They deserved it, because rest of us sat down and did nothing, or were fighting over one land for weeks instead of working together to keep map competitive. For being lazy and greedy our map is what it is today.

Its all for fun, and I think TW reset will bring more fun for more people.
    b:victoryb:pleased
  • TheDendra - Harshlands
    TheDendra - Harshlands Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Catalysts are not immortal - if you get a faction full of R9s, you will beat them. The problem was never in gear but in personal egos, brainless tactics and lack of willpower to push through and prevail.

It's true that all lands bring you income and it's hella fun to have TWs vs equally strong factions, my point is that we'll never dethrone Catalyst and if you are a competitive person, you can't really settle for the 2nd place, not ever.

This 6months reset thing will just give another excuse for avoiding Catalyst - yes, we will be able to dodge them like cowards and virtually never have to fight them, but it's nothing compared to actually beating them and watching them crumble.

In the grand picture of things, it's best for 90% noobs on the server to have this map reset because they'll get to play in their bubble, for 10% of players who actually like to compete it'll suck because we'll never witness an actual battle for supremacy, we'll simply all keep dodging tough fights and picking ones we can win.
  • _SugaBaby_ - Harshlands
    _SugaBaby_ - Harshlands Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I wonder what is the prize if your faction is the champ of the server??
  • _SugaBaby_ - Harshlands
    _SugaBaby_ - Harshlands Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    tfi2f wrote: »
    I watched Eoria's vid.

Here's an in depth guide for valhalla members on how to uninstall the Perfect World client.
    Start -> Control Panel -> Add or Remove Programs -> Locate Perfect World International -> Click Uninstall or Repair -> Click next until the window disappears.

BASIC MATH. BASIC MATH. DO IT. COME ON.

Make a vid of how to do it since maybe they do not know how a computer works... and while you at it please do not reinstall the game... b:mischievous
  • Dralighte - Harshlands
    Dralighte - Harshlands Posts: 1,540 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I wonder what is the prize if your faction is the champ of the server??

Mounts.

lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kylin: thrashtalk everyone, win TWs, serious faction -Dralighte
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    edited February 2012
    I want a black fox mount so I can pretend to be a CSer.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I <3 Subtraction.

• Michael - Harshlands
    Michael - Harshlands Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    We already called dibs in the officers section Eo

I called a black fox like the day it was announced :), lugi did too. Actually apart from calling dibs on mounts there isnt much we do in that section lol
  • Zorothustra - Harshlands
    Zorothustra - Harshlands Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    The only ride I need is one that doesn't go to the cops afterwards.
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    edited February 2012
    We already called dibs in the officers section Eo

I called a black fox like the day it was announced :), lugi did too. Actually apart from calling dibs on mounts there isnt much we do in that section lol

Oh wells. The red one isn't nearly as pretty as the black one is. ):
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I <3 Subtraction.

• Dralighte - Harshlands
    Dralighte - Harshlands Posts: 1,540 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Oh wells. The red one isn't nearly as pretty as the black one is. ):

you should get the black unicorn
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]