Horns coming back.

Options
DodoBear - Harshlands
DodoBear - Harshlands Posts: 73 Arc User
edited February 2012 in General Discussion
So with the new expansion, there will be a new daily quest named Beach Hero ( if they dont change it), and the reward will be: Silver Chest and Gold Chest

One of the rewards of these chests are Perfect Horns

What you think about that?
Will there be an option to stop horn messages? I mean everyone remember why they were removed...
Drat and double drat! b:victory
Post edited by DodoBear - Harshlands on

Comments

• Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Meh. I read past all red **** already...
    Just moves the horn window somewhere and pay it no attention...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I've gotten used to the horns as I've gotten used to the red text spam by Duke so I'm like "whatever" concerning this.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    If they would remove the second horn window I wouldn't really care. But it is annoyingly large and there is nowhere to put it where it doesn't get in my way. If this daily quest is worth doing, we will likely see a huge influx of horns and duke won't seem so bad anymore.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • Bubbles - Morai
    Bubbles - Morai Posts: 1,143 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    It's just a small chance to get one horn, it won't be that dramatic.

Then again, with my luck the only thing I got from those chests when I was on pwcn were chest of coins. b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    It's just a small chance to get one horn, it won't be that dramatic.

Then again, with my luck the only thing I got from those chests when I was on pwcn were chest of coins. b:cry

Chest of coins = free random dyes. I am happy with free random dyes, brah. b:dirty
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Bubbles - Morai
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Chest of coins = free random dyes. I am happy with free random dyes, brah. b:dirty

Well yeah here they would serve a purpose, but ijs, pwcn doesn't have dq points.

Over there it's perfect hammer or gtfo. b:irritated
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sagek - Sanctuary
    Sagek - Sanctuary Posts: 1,156 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    the game needs more horn.
  • thoy77
    thoy77 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    i still hav horns from the first time they put in b:laugh
  • SoulRequiem - Sanctuary
    SoulRequiem - Sanctuary Posts: 403 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    lol @ "Relic of the Sage"
    http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/31414

Free fash for 14 days *sigh*

(I got both celestial bard set and gloomy noir set *permanent/tradable* so I couldn't care less :D)

I don't really see anything useful on this new daily....
    WTB>More Fash
    Currently Want-to-buy list>>(W=White;B=Black;A=Any color)
    ((W. Steampunk Top \\ W. Aegan Dress \\ W. Road Warrior Vest and Shorts \\ W. Cougar Top \\ W. Barfighter Top \\B. Chipao \\ Trading B. Shinobi Set to White \\ B. Bowknot Top \\ W. Porcelian Dress \\ B. Leopard Boots \\W. Corsair Dress \\ B. Debutante Dress \\ W. Sunshine Blouse \\ W. Tiger Lily Dress \\ W. Stardust Dress \\ \\ Red Bikini Bottom \\ W. Crown Princess Dress))
  • HappysHAIL - Harshlands
    HappysHAIL - Harshlands Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    As long as the red chat would show up in a normal chat channel and not a seperate window, or there were an option to toggle it in/off it would be tolerable. Having that window pop up at random and cover your character or genie skills is the worst ever.
  • SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver
    SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,225 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I hate horns. =.=
    "Male Player using female toon. Please don't flirt with me."

Need to see the cleric guide for questions, comments, or concerns? Just copy and paste the link.
    "http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1246011&quot;

(Ignore the quotation marks. URL isn't allowed, so I had to do it that way.)
  • LyuKang - Sanctuary
    LyuKang - Sanctuary Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I don't hate horns. I hate the people that use horns.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] <--- One of the devs trying to fix the game. b:pleased

lvl 100 unbiased all path sage bm.

Currently waiting for them to take their sweet time to fix my avatar...
  • _Nerox_ - Dreamweaver
    _Nerox_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 753 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Dont hate the player, hate the game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I Miss the old days of PWIb:surrender
  • Akallabeth_ - Harshlands
    Akallabeth_ - Harshlands Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    If my windows is all 5 minutes or less flooded with a blinking nonsense horn message its finally time to move on to another game. This horns feel simillar to internet popup ads and i can't stand this. I can stand a lot but this stuff is at least for me a legit reason to gtfo and have fun somewhere else.

I will see how worse it become
    No Refund
  • krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Remember that PWE removed them from us from the CS, I don't see why they would keep them in for this quest. We already let them know how much we hated them the first time around. If there are enough complaints about it, I don't see them staying for long in this form either, if they come at all.
  • LyuKang - Sanctuary
    LyuKang - Sanctuary Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Dont hate the player, hate the game.

If most of the players weren't childish as to use a horn to say things like "LOLOLOLOL I IS UZING DIS HORN CALSE I NO IT BOTHERZ U!!11!1!!!1", then yeah, I wouldn't hate them
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] <--- One of the devs trying to fix the game. b:pleased

lvl 100 unbiased all path sage bm.

Currently waiting for them to take their sweet time to fix my avatar...
  • Bubbles - Morai
    edited February 2012
    Options
    KrittyCat wrote: »
    Remember that PWE removed them from us from the CS, I don't see why they would keep them in for this quest. We already let them know how much we hated them the first time around. If there are enough complaints about it, I don't see them staying for long in this form either, if they come at all.

I doubt the new quests will cause a dramatic increase in horns.
    Only two chests give them, you have to wait a long time for them, and you only get one in the end.
    I would think it would be better to try and sell them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Eccy - Harshlands
    Eccy - Harshlands Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I don't hate horns. I hate the people that use horns.

This. +1000. I don't think I'd mind horns making a come back too much though.. without Harshlands hero Gol teles just haven't been the same. :/
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    ...are you serious? the Horns are coming back? are these chests something that can be bought or frequently found? because if they are, and the Horns are going to be coming back, harassing us all, this might be the last straw for me. they were hateful before a nuisance now, but if we have to have them back all the time, im leaving. WC, with its constant stream of filthy language, is bad enough, but at least we can change to another channel, and get away from it. Horns, we cant....everyone forced to listen to juvenile blathering/cursing and such.

i among many others, do not choose to accept this. i can only hope that others will also join me in protesting this sneaking return of the Horn.

So with the new expansion, there will be a new daily quest named Beach Hero ( if they dont change it), and the reward will be: Silver Chest and Gold Chest

One of the rewards of these chests are Perfect Horns

What you think about that?
    Will there be an option to stop horn messages? I mean everyone remember why they were removed...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
  • _blood_rain - Sanctuary
    _blood_rain - Sanctuary Posts: 2,532 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    If most of the players weren't childish as to use a horn to say things like "LOLOLOLOL I IS UZING DIS HORN CALSE I NO IT BOTHERZ U!!11!1!!!1", then yeah, I wouldn't hate them

That is so true b:sweat
  • Dark_Shayd - Raging Tide
    Dark_Shayd - Raging Tide Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    They might make them less agressive? Otherwise PWE servers need some serious DDoSing
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Meh, it sounds like most of the time people will be getting chests of coins or something. If only a few extra horns come out everday, I don't really care. and unlike the CN version, it actually has a very nice niche here. Will help make the dq fashion (by way of event card) and mounts more accessible.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • RunningTiger - Dreamweaver
    RunningTiger - Dreamweaver Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Truthfully that high of percentage means many many horns...I vote they change it or dont even give us the expansion- not if the cost is those damn horns
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Truthfully that high of percentage means many many horns...I vote they change it or dont even give us the expansion- not if the cost is those damn horns

Meh most people don't do the dailies and there is a roughly 95% chance and 98% chance that you won't be getting a horn. I just get a feeling this is going to be much to do about nothing. :P At the moment, horns are so rare. But the WC spam after someone uses it lasts for so much longer that I hate the people spamming wc about their hate of horns more than the horns themselves.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • RainbowVidel - Sanctuary
    RainbowVidel - Sanctuary Posts: 1,316 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Will there be an option to stop horn messages?

Technically, horns were not "removed" from the game since I still see one used now and then. You just can't acquire new ones. Besides, if PWE refuses to give us the option to not see system messages, what makes you think they will do it for power messages? Answer: they won't.
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Technically, horns were not "removed" from the game since I still see one used now and then. You just can't acquire new ones. Besides, if PWE refuses to give us the option to not see system messages, what makes you think they will do it for power messages? Answer: they won't.

Actually, you still can aquire new ones, which is why we see them a lot more now than after they were initially removed. The patch that revamped the supply stash put a horn in it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842