Mystic and Delta

Options
Nine_Lives - Raging Tide
Nine_Lives - Raging Tide Posts: 182 Arc User
edited February 2012 in Mystic
Just want to ask what the myst will do in a few possible scenarios in Delta.

1. Solo Healer in a Spawnpoint squad

2. Solo Healer in Regular squad

3. DD/ support/ backup heal in Spawnpoint squad

4. DD/support/backup heal on Normal squad.

Thanks. Just making sure that my future myst will not **** up too much if she enters delta for the first time. I want her to be known as a good mystic and not a ''mystake''b:victory
Post edited by Nine_Lives - Raging Tide on

Comments

• _Perses_ - Lost City
    _Perses_ - Lost City Posts: 1,917 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    1. Keep Vital Herb (And w/e the other one's name is...Vital is the only one I seem to remember as of late) out at all times, and whoever seems to be taking the heaviest DD you use your single heals to keep them up as they usually are the tank.

2. Basically what you do for spawn point, but it's a bit easier.

3. Just don't seal **** =.=, and do as much damage as possible (DD), or help keep rest of squad alive (back-up healer)

4. Same as 3

If you see a post by Brillance, ignore it and move on.
    Nothing worthwhile to mention here, enjoy the animated signature~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Tbh, I have never been the solo healer in a delta. I dunno, I guess it can be done, but it needs good geared people.

I usually go like this: Drop creeper, lyse him for the debuff.
    By that time the bm roared and is gonna HF. I found a tightly knotted patch of ranged/magic mobs, throw thicket on them. Yes, some mobs will run but the damage murders a lot of them. And the bm and barb are usually hitting the melee mobs so shouldn't be affected by the runners.

In that time, mistress is doing her metal aoe. If it's like the stun, aoe wave or something, I use cragglord. Or if missy dies for some other reason. (She's likely to pull all agro sometimes and just go poof lol)
    I also use craggie if things go wrong. He can crush mobs quickly and take some strain off the squad. Gale force works nicely too to keep things busy for a bit.

Drop healing herbs whenever squad seems to need extra healing or help heal adding to the BB if needed.

- And if a certain fail mystic now comes and goes 'OMG you hypocrite Y U SEAL: Get your facts straight. Thicket can be a wonderful add to your squad and especially epic damage in delta, if used right. Yes, right. -
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • MrMelvin - Heavens Tear
    MrMelvin - Heavens Tear Posts: 388 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    If you see a post by Brillance, ignore it and move on.

Literally made me LOL!
  • Brillance - Raging Tide
    Brillance - Raging Tide Posts: 1,643 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Literally made me LOL!

I think they should edit the title.

Brillance the Mystic, and Delta, A Place She Has Never Been!b:chuckle
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Just something to add: Don't be too afraid and wait til 100.
    I ran my first delta at 92 and it was fun and we had no troubles. Probably could have gone earlier but I didn't need to since I took it slow with chrono lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited January 2012
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement Xainou. b:thanks

Right now, Im working on catching a squad for Infernal Spikewing & Rancid Venerator in SoT to unlock Map 2 in OHT. Ive been told it takes like 3 hours for a full SoT, and so Ive only gotten the BH boss done so far.

I am also supposed to solo Lunar Glade, which I cant do till after I do a Lunar Glade in squad mode. And, I see people spamming for Lunar Glade squads...hardly ever lol.

And, since Im 98, I guess Im going to have to start seriously spamming for others who are in the same boat starting this weekend.b:surrender

I met a 92 Wiz who was working on unlocking Map 3, and thought like wow...Im so behind, lol.
  • Katju - Archosaur
    Katju - Archosaur Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    In my opinion to do a SP Delta with only a Myth as healer is suizide in most cases.. Yes, if you have a Squad of R9s it might work, but for a "normal" geared Squad I wouldn't suggest to do it.
    And as Mystic MP is also a point to consider.. In a Delta(no SP) in which I DD I usually don't need MP pots or just a few.. In a SP Delta in which I would heal this number would increase to around 300-400 (is just a guessing but I think I'm not far from the truth).

So, what to do in a Delta? Myst are briliant DDs in there, since our pets have AoEs(Storm mistress and Craglord) and aren't nerved. Thats why Craglord easily hit with 50k+. Next thing, in case BB goes of Vital Herb/healing can help to shortly keep the Squad alive till the cleric is back in BB.

For the lvl-Discussion: if you have a squad that is capable of surviving the Delta you easily can go from around 90 on. For the Wiz mentioned I would suggest to take a Seeker with you that can tank the Delta, since the wizzy will die a lot otherwise. Cleric also doesn't have high demands there (lvl 90 is OK too)..
    The only classes I would take a 100+ or a well geared person are Barb and Seeker.. If you have one lower AoE DD the other one should be a bit higher to compensate the dmg. A BM also comes handy in there.. Last time I took a lvl 90 BM with me.. Since that one knew his class he was better than some 100+ I had wiith me before..

Just try! Even if you fail, you will lern how to do it and some day you will pass :)
  • Maelael - Heavens Tear
    Maelael - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,497 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Right now, Im working on catching a squad for Infernal Spikewing & Rancid Venerator in SoT to unlock Map 2 in OHT. Ive been told it takes like 3 hours for a full SoT, and so Ive only gotten the BH boss done so far.

I am also supposed to solo Lunar Glade, which I cant do till after I do a Lunar Glade in squad mode. And, I see people spamming for Lunar Glade squads...hardly ever lol.

Okay full SoT takes 30-45 minutes tops unless everyone goes afk for 10 minutes every 5 minutes or they're idiots. The bosses die in under 20 seconds, it just takes forever to walk around. The place is both soloable by a sin or BM with BP, and is completely doable without BP and only a mystic healing (still gonna charm tick on Torturess once tho).

In SoT and Abba people don't kill all the bosses because it takes forever to walk around and the bosses drop useless ****, but usually if you ask nicely people will tend to do so. Especially if you pay for wines.

Lunar Glade solo mode was broken and didn't work last I checked, I'd double check why you need that. I'm not a 100Culti or OHT map quest expert - as I was like wow, 100 skills suck, I have better stuff to do, I'll get to it when I feel like it.

On the point of RB: Unless everyone is in R9 and utilizing BP, I'm not sure a mystic can solo heal RB all the way through. While running spawn point, we did have the cleric mysteriously die while afk on Round 6, but Im not sure the mystic threw down plants as we were just AOE mowing everything down. But...we were all partial/full R9 or full R8 recast.

Mystics seem great there, even if the sealing is annoying - especially when the wizzie and barb are using pushback too. I've seen them use salvation, storm mistress, or no pet at all. I've seen healing plant down once, usually its the debuff plant. Storm Mistress seems to be rather uber there.

I'll see if a Fac mate is up for the challenge of no-cleric-BB RB plant healing or if she's tried it before. I'm crazy enough to give it a go, I just gotta bring a seeker or wizzie with that can out aggro me and see if they survive with just plant healing.
    pwcalc.com/bb6fc16982637a5c / pwcalc.com/28948ee5778526f5
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Thanks for the advice on SoT, Maelael. b:cute
  • LividLemur - Dreamweaver
    LividLemur - Dreamweaver Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    agree with Xainou on all his points re Delta.. wouldnt be fun to solo heal delta imo, just have the cleric go to sleep mode in BB :)

If no seeker and wiz / archer are getting beat more than BB can keep full HP, just pay a little extra attention to them and throw some clouds and falling petals their way. I usually throw a petals on the barb/main puller and cleric before some of the tougher waves as well. And on everyone for some of the 9x waves at spawn point.

Since the point of delta is to lure all mobs into zhen/vortex/db/boa, mistress's aoe is a great way to get aggro from archers.. just run the other way to pull them into zhen once mistress poofs (or you recall her). Or for fun, just run out to the archers and gale force them (espesh if no barb present). Finish the wave out with another mistress or some craggs as you wish

Again, if no seeker and wiz/archer is teetering, dont be shy about using thicket or gale force (espesh if have Lucky Break). If the zhen is solid and wont falter there isn't a need to temp scatter the mobs but if main AOEr could use a little help, a mystic's aoes do both nice damage and offer a little temp relief. Dont listen to "never use seal" mantras.. use your own discretion depending on whether zhen could use the respite or extra damage

lysing'd creeper followed by healing herb near BB is excellent as previously mentioned
  • Maelael - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2012
    Options
    After bugging several Fac mates and a few Mystics on my F-List:

1. Most of them are too chicken to try.

2. There has been success.

One of them had 2nd cast Nirvana and R8 weapon at +7, with a R8 Weapon Wizzie, with a mix of the rest of the classes having TT99-R8 with a R9 weapon in there somewhere. Mystic did the solo healing till round 5 at Aura.

Another, made it to round 4 just fine with R8 gears +5-+7, with everyone else TT99-R8.

I'm still bugging my Flist Mystics for someone nuts enough to try spawn point or go as many rounds as possible. I have one more crazy Mystic who wasn't on last night that I might be able to convince to try :)
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    edited February 2012
    Options
    @LividLemur

Are you saying lucky break does actually double the thicket ticks as if they were crit? o_o Or just for gale force?

And I might be a veno but a I'm a girl-fox b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Baby_pho - Heavens Tear
    Baby_pho - Heavens Tear Posts: 636 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    After bugging several Fac mates and a few Mystics on my F-List:

1. Most of them are too chicken to try.

2. There has been success.

One of them had 2nd cast Nirvana and R8 weapon at +7, with a R8 Weapon Wizzie, with a mix of the rest of the classes having TT99-R8 with a R9 weapon in there somewhere. Mystic did the solo healing till round 5 at Aura.

Another, made it to round 4 just fine with R8 gears +5-+7, with everyone else TT99-R8.

I'm still bugging my Flist Mystics for someone nuts enough to try spawn point or go as many rounds as possible. I have one more crazy Mystic who wasn't on last night that I might be able to convince to try :)

ill do et mae b:thanks but it depends on the time. if we do it tho x.x' i dunt wanna do at spawn point x.x' dont like runing and i want mana x.x'. hops on mystic* or ask mindy but she prolly always wanna b with lance. there is no point doing it at spawn point u have to run and no bonus and its not that much faster either. full rb at spawn still takes 2hours+ x.x' even with r9 wizy/barb. mobs jsut still spawn up slow even if u kill them fast.

ps: if it takes 3 hour to do sot prolly wasnt whined? ._.? lol even then me n hubby did it in less than 3 hours maybe i forgot it was long ago for fun.

and yeh i'd bring a cleric and dd any time, anywhere, any instance. if ur a mystic and u wann heal its a waste tbh. support/dd, in my oppinion is a mystic's roll and that's how i play mine but it varries depends on player. I lysing alot any where with a bunch of mobs close up rb,ff, zen w/e craiglord is awesome in rb. if i dont have 2 sparks for craig/he's on cooldown i use sally for bubbles. but if squad has good hp that can survive things i use mistress.
  • Maelael - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Mindy wussed out last night Pho :) But I'll take you up on that. Pretty sure my wife is crazy enough to go, so we just need 3 more people.

I wanna say last spawn point I did was under 2 hours? R9 Barb/Wizzie/BM and Im not sure on the Cleric, Mystic, and Sin though.
  • Hexalot - Dreamweaver
    Hexalot - Dreamweaver Posts: 871 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    ill do et mae b:thanks but it depends on the time. if we do it tho x.x' i dunt wanna do at spawn point x.x' dont like runing and i want mana x.x'. hops on mystic* or ask mindy but she prolly always wanna b with lance. there is no point doing it at spawn point u have to run and no bonus and its not that much faster either. full rb at spawn still takes 2hours+ x.x' even with r9 wizy/barb. mobs jsut still spawn up slow even if u kill them fast.

Yes Spawn point is faster... you can knock a half hour or more off the time since you don't have to wait for the Barb/puller to coral each wave and bring them to you.

And while its true you don't get the benefit of the auras... I guess it just depends on how well the squads you run with are geared. Nirvana/R8 even TT99 with decent refines have typically been able to get by just fine at SP without them.

As for your dislike for the "running bit"... I'm a bit confused... the only running you do is initially to get to the spawn point. After that you'll be pretty much stuck in one small area for the next hour and a half.
  • Retsuko - Heavens Tear
    Retsuko - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,016 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I'd rather have delta take 30 minutes longer and have aura's so i won't have to burn mana/hp charms, and have chi etc. But that's a whole other discussion :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

playing Faction Wars Again.
  • Malei - Sanctuary
    Malei - Sanctuary Posts: 281 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Rather spawn point it. Did successful spawn point runs and never looked back since. If you have the decent refines/gear to get it done, I don't see why spend the extra minutes just to save some MP pots. Charm burn I understand though, but to each their own. b:victory

As for my baby mystic, she's 90 and already reading this thread I'm more encouraged than ever to get her started on some deltas when she hits 95 [Lunar gears] to try. I didn't look forward to waiting for 100+ to try and do parts of her Chrono chain, plus I enjoy delta so the quicker I can throw her useful booty into the fray, the better b:chuckleb:thanks
  • LividLemur - Dreamweaver
    LividLemur - Dreamweaver Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    @LividLemur

Are you saying lucky break does actually double the thicket ticks as if they were crit? o_o Or just for gale force?

And I might be a veno but a I'm a girl-fox b:chuckle

Unfortunately, lucky break only works on gale force and not thicket. But thicket does nice damage if are in a position to use the sparks and seems to scatter less / hold near zhen more. On that note, thicket is pure $$ in caster nirv during third boss when the mobs come, and helps mystic be THE BEST CLASS to solo caster nirv b:victory let alone one of the better choices to stock a caster nirv squad with.

afaik lucky break doesn't work with absorb soul or thicket, but does on the other skills

also, from my experience it seemed like spawn point is more like an hour+ faster than regular, not just a half hour faster..? we did a spawn point in 1:30-1:45ish the other day, where it seems like regular runs were more like 3 hrs ish.
  • Nine_Lives - Raging Tide
    edited February 2012
    Options
    My first run with a mystic in delta was in an ''accidental'' full delta I did yesterday with my fac mates and I was watching her closely. Turns out it was her first full run too but she's a dd on this one. One fac mate already warned her of the ''no-seal'' clause before we began. b:victory

Crag was just pure gold during the pulls with his aoe's. So is stormy, though my squadmate always cusses when she dies cause she has to call her again and burn mana. We were both debuffing our butts out there. We went spawnpoint on the first 2 waves before we were wiped out on 3rd wave and went regular after that. It felt like each wave will be our last after wave 2 cause we did not have any other aoe toons except me, her and the seeker. Our sin left after wave 3 and never came back. We had no archers, bm's, psy's or wizzies. During the unfortunate times our cleric went dc or dead she did fill up the heal job well but we casters died twice when the aoe of the last delta boss hit us (cleric was still dc until the boss was almost dead.) Miraculously we finished delta with a 5 man squad.

This mystic gig in delta does wonders. Can't wait till it's my myst's turn to do hers.b:thanks
  • Maelael - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2012
    Options
    My first run with a mystic in delta was in an ''accidental'' full delta I did yesterday with my fac mates and I was watching her closely. Turns out it was her first full run too but she's a dd on this one. One fac mate already warned her of the ''no-seal'' clause before we began. b:victory

Crag was just pure gold during the pulls with his aoe's. So is stormy, though my squadmate always cusses when she dies cause she has to call her again and burn mana. We were both debuffing our butts out there. We went spawnpoint on the first 2 waves before we were wiped out on 3rd wave and went regular after that. It felt like each wave will be our last after wave 2 cause we did not have any other aoe toons except me, her and the seeker. Our sin left after wave 3 and never came back. We had no archers, bm's, psy's or wizzies. During the unfortunate times our cleric went dc or dead she did fill up the heal job well but we casters died twice when the aoe of the last delta boss hit us (cleric was still dc until the boss was almost dead.) Miraculously we finished delta with a 5 man squad.

This mystic gig in delta does wonders. Can't wait till it's my myst's turn to do hers.b:thanks

Ugh, I feel bad you did it without a BM stun and HF, and lost the Sin. Thats rough as hell. I'd almost call that a 4.5 squad with the DC issue.

I've gotta disagree with Crag. I'd rather see Stormy out and utilize the other spark skills. We played with this over the weekend - I kinda lived in RB half the weekend, had a mystic on each run but 1 - spawn point and aura. I really think stormy and other spark skills was more efficient - crag hit hard but it seemed slower overall with the waves.

The 7 year old whiny girls need to get over the seal thing. It can be annoying but it seriously keeps the damage dealt to the party down and does not really add that much time to putting down the waves, and the debuffs the mystic does compensates.

Im kinda concerned how the hell Storm Mistress dying in your squad - Id assume your AoErs have low refines on their weapons? I've never once seen a storm mistress or the mystic grab aggro, Sage or Demon.
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    edited February 2012
    Options
    The 7 year old whiny girls need to get over the seal thing.

I agree, seals aren't that annoying in delta. Especially because you got auras and BB already up. And if you got a good mystic, they will go for what they sealed if it's ranged.
    Thicket and gale are too epic in delta :3

Im kinda concerned how the hell Storm Mistress dying in your squad - Id assume your AoErs have low refines on their weapons? I've never once seen a storm mistress or the mystic grab aggro, Sage or Demon.

You would be surprised how often missy actually dies. lol For a comparism, think of her as an arcane unbuffed caster in around TT90 armor with a +10 r8 weapon. XD She does ridiculous damage to mobs but can't take anything that's not magic. lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Maelael - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2012
    Options
    You would be surprised how often missy actually dies. lol For a comparism, think of her as an arcane unbuffed caster in around TT90 armor with a +10 r8 weapon. XD She does ridiculous damage to mobs but can't take anything that's not magic. lol

Well my point is...how the hell is it getting aggro over say...a Wizzie, Seeker, Archer, or BM? Just seems crazy to me unless the people's weapons are like +0 or they haven't leveled their skills.
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Well my point is...how the hell is it getting aggro over say...a Wizzie, Seeker, Archer, or BM? Just seems crazy to me unless the people's weapons are like +0 or they haven't leveled their skills.

Heh ya. Mostly for me it's the first hit. Missy deals more damage than everyone else and bang. I try to keep her back but, well b:surrender
    Also, I noticed there are some waves that act weirdly. They spawn around the squad and just go for the summon. Even though it just stood there and did nothing.

Auras are funny anyway. I seen mistress do 30k aoes with a decent attack aura already. And I bet that can go a lot higher too ._.

I guess I just don't run with crazy people xD Most of my friends got around +5 r8, like me :p
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited February 2012
    Options
    Heh ya. Mostly for me it's the first hit. Missy deals more damage than everyone else and bang. I try to keep her back but, well b:surrender
    Also, I noticed there are some waves that act weirdly. They spawn around the squad and just go for the summon. Even though it just stood there and did nothing.

Auras are funny anyway. I seen mistress do 30k aoes with a decent attack aura already. And I bet that can go a lot higher too ._.

I guess I just don't run with crazy people xD Most of my friends got around +5 r8, like me :p

"Crazy" was the least to describe what my full delta squad was on that runb:chuckle

Only the seeker was ''decently geared' by today's standards, she's full nirv geared with more than + 7 refines on all her gears.

Rest of us are either TT 90 or 99 geared b:shutup barb has hi refines on his Lionheart armor and TT99 axes though. All of us casters only have TT99 green weps.

The myst herself has only one piece of TT 90 armor to her credit, the rest are molds and her level 60 rank gearb:surrender
  • Maelael - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Weird, that seeker should have had aggro over the Storm Mistress.

It's also one of the reasons you bring a decent BM or a Talented Barb.

The decent BM will Stun/AOE (HF?) quickly to keep stuff off the casters. A good BM also has Mire and Alpha Male to increase that threat.

A talented barb will roar or alpha before hitting the group, run them past the group so they get stunned with the group, go back and roar or alpha (or mix in other aoes, sunder, etc). Unless you have an R9 something with you usually the Barb will keep aggro.

I did RB again last night twice (I'm addicted, what can I say), once with a Mystic but she had out Salvation, and ended up D/Cing after round 1 Wave 2 anyways. Both times I went I had aggro the whole time (I was the only one with R9 though in both groups) even over the Barb, and the guys were trying their hearts out. I think like two mobs touched the cleric in the 5-man, between the barb and I we kept the archers and casters interested in us.

But even when I had +10 GXs and mountaincrasher I was able to keep aggro (save against R9s - lol). So it may be a method thing that needs to be worked on with your group.
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Weird, that seeker should have had aggro over the Storm Mistress.

It's also one of the reasons you bring a decent BM or a Talented Barb.

The decent BM will Stun/AOE (HF?) quickly to keep stuff off the casters. A good BM also has Mire and Alpha Male to increase that threat.

A talented barb will roar or alpha before hitting the group, run them past the group so they get stunned with the group, go back and roar or alpha (or mix in other aoes, sunder, etc). Unless you have an R9 something with you usually the Barb will keep aggro.

I did RB again last night twice (I'm addicted, what can I say), once with a Mystic but she had out Salvation, and ended up D/Cing after round 1 Wave 2 anyways. Both times I went I had aggro the whole time (I was the only one with R9 though in both groups) even over the Barb, and the guys were trying their hearts out. I think like two mobs touched the cleric in the 5-man, between the barb and I we kept the archers and casters interested in us.

But even when I had +10 GXs and mountaincrasher I was able to keep aggro (save against R9s - lol). So it may be a method thing that needs to be worked on with your group.

My full delta run was just supposed to be a bh milk run for w2-w3, which is why the sin left after w3. b:surrender

Yes the seeker should be holding more aggro than stormie but our myst was too eager to attack left and right before our seeker got the aggro from the barb's pull. As Xainou has said, Stormie is rather unbelievable in dishing out the damage but squishy as hell. I dunno if a myst's built has a say in how strong Stormie attacks ( myst was pure mag).

Yes we were mostly pathetically undergeared when we did that, we have no r8's let alone no R9's left when the 5 of us got crazy and decided to do a full delta without the usual suspects (bm, archer, sin, and either a wiz or psy).

Yes me and the myst clung way too close to the ''no seal clause''.

And yes I learned a lot on what (and what not ) to do both as a veno and as a myst based on that run.

b:laugh We in our fac though still get a really good laugh on how we got our ol' kitteh his celestial sage culti though
  • Maelael - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2012
    Options
    My full delta run was just supposed to be a bh milk run for w2-w3, which is why the sin left after w3. b:surrender

Yes the seeker should be holding more aggro than stormie but our myst was too eager to attack left and right before our seeker got the aggro from the barb's pull. As Xainou has said, Stormie is rather unbelievable in dishing out the damage but squishy as hell. I dunno if a myst's built has a say in how strong Stormie attacks ( myst was pure mag).

Yes we were mostly pathetically undergeared when we did that, we have no r8's let alone no R9's left when the 5 of us got crazy and decided to do a full delta without the usual suspects (bm, archer, sin, and either a wiz or psy).

Yes me and the myst clung way too close to the ''no seal clause''.

And yes I learned a lot on what (and what not ) to do both as a veno and as a myst based on that run.

b:laugh We in our fac though still get a really good laugh on how we got our ol' kitteh his celestial sage culti though

Yea gear comparison it shouldn't be a problem if you're all similarly geared. Honestly I'm surprised you weren't pulling aggro over the storm mistress (I've seen Venos pull aggro in RB over everyone, fomg).

But yea if you guys didnt have those listed usual suspects, the Barb should have had aggro between Roar, Sunder, Surf, and Arma. Seeker just outta pure DPS - he/she/it may wanna try some Elemental attack pots to increase the threat. Also depends on how high of weapon refines too. My wife when her R8 sword was just +2, and with her Lamp of Soul at +5, was keeping aggro just fine...but she'd also have vortex up instantly when the pull came through. So yea, mostly its a review your method, try different stuff, and see if they have room for Alpha Male on their genies - aggro reset while Vortexing seems to work well.
    edited February 2012
    Options
    (I've seen Venos pull aggro in RB over everyone, fomg).

Um, no thanks let them keep itb:shutupb:avoid
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I've seen Venos pull aggro in RB over everyone, fomg

Ikr x_x Been there, done that.
    When I realized mobs we're coming from me I went like: Errrrrm.... what kind of a **** squad is this ._.'
    Which kind of DDs can't pull agro from an average refined r8 vit veno? ;__;
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Maelael - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2012
    Options
    On Veno Aggro:

I don't know what the hell Sien does to grab aggro over everyone - I dunno if you guys debuff and ulti-skills something or what. I'll have to ask her. She's non-recast R8.

On Mystic In Delta:

So I did a full RB last night with some friends - 2 Sage Seekers, Sage Cleric, Demon Sin, and Demon Mystic. The only OP person there was me and my wife, although her weapon refine is only +5 but has 5 piece 2nd cast nirvvy. The seekers pulled the first 4 rounds (Wife was teaching the other Seeker), I pulled the rest.

I watched very closely on Mystic performance, as I trust all these players well and wasn't worried about a wipe.

The mystic is in TT90, R8 +4 weapon with two Saphs. Has Demon Stormy.

So I saw Stormy die three times. It happened when the pull first comes in if I don't use Alpha Male during the pull, and the seekers did not have Vortex up right away (When I was pulling, I go past the group to get the casters closer).

So I think with Stormy dying, just wait a few seconds until the AoErs have grabbed good aggro. I am absolutely sure she puts in a significant amount of damage - I noticed a much quicker elimination with her out.

She also demon petal'ed me right before pulls - it helped awesome.

Of note, your plants are champs:
    Creeper is absolutely perfect on most waves. I noticed a spike in damage due to it.

Spidervine is a great option when people are taking a beating on an overpull.

Healing plants are perfect for while the cleric is down/ressing up.

You guys have a great support class full of options depending on the situation.