Help me pick a weapon :<

Options
Celesse - Harshlands
Celesse - Harshlands Posts: 92 Arc User
edited January 2012 in General Discussion
So I'm a bit stuck right now picking a weapon for my venomancer, these are the current options (as well as what her gear should be within a few months work);

http://pwcalc.com/0fcafacf3dd63029

http://pwcalc.com/057f76442bbaece5

http://pwcalc.com/9c363e4f12689f80 (Weaponless)

Im stuck between the Beamhoof, Shinrabansho and nirvana weaps.

Obviously nirvana would be superior - but there's a few things keeping me from wanting to go in that direction..

Beamhoof Slicer: I really, really love this weap. The 10% chan is super attractive and it's also just a plain freaking awesome looking weap. I especially love how you can use it at level 90 - making it great for using on alt characters. The other thing I love about it is that it's relatively cheap to make on my server (~80m last time I checked). The only downside I can see is that it has no further 'potential' and cannot be upgraded beyond itself.

Shinrabansho: This weap is super pretty just like beamhoof. It has relatively the same magic attack and a nice crit bonus. It's a lot more expensive than a beamhoof but it can also be made into nirvana if I ever changed my mind and wanted to go in that direction.
It has a higher requisite level unlike the beamhoof which I'm not so fond of - but every char gets to 100 eventually anyway.

Nirvana weapons - twilight: Unless I was going into nirvana from a tt100 weapon I would not like to get a TTnirvana weapon - because they are ugly and autobinding - which is not cool.

Nirvana weapons - lunar: Not autobinding, potential for good stats, pretty - and EXPENSIVE. I like nirvana weapons in general - however I'm turned off greatly by their price as well as the fact that it may take many tries to get good bonus stats on it. I also am not a big fan of the fact that 2 sockets is not guaranteed.

If you have any other suggestions please post them!
THE WEAPON CANNOT BE CHARACTER BINDING (r8/r9, i need something that i can use on multiple characters - i have an account stash)
Post edited by Celesse - Harshlands on

Comments

• Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    R8, just because it's so inexpensive. R6 was really great, but way too expensive. Twilight Scepter is way too expensive as well. For the price of either, you could get a full set of R8 armor + weapon.

Oh, didn't see the multiple use requirement. The R6 isn't account stashable is it? I know it's veno only though. For the price of Nv or R6, you could get R8 on several characters.

I'd go for Lunar weapon then. Nirvana is just too expensive for what it is. You might as well just go R9.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Celesse - Harshlands
    edited January 2012
    Options
    R6 is stashable and useable by all classes.
  • Hurrdurr - Lothranis
    Hurrdurr - Lothranis Posts: 1,468 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Sage weapon because it's cost effective.
    edited January 2012
    Options
    R6 is stashable and useable by all classes.

Ah, ok. While it's still nice compared to 99 weapons, nirvana, R8 and R9 are all better. I'd probably just go for a lunar weapon. They're relatively cheap.
  • Celesse - Harshlands
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Ah, ok. While it's still nice compared to 99 weapons, nirvana, R8 and R9 are all better. I'd probably just go for a lunar weapon. They're relatively cheap.

I dont want to put a lot of effort into the 'first step' weapon.
    I'd have to spend all the money to get a lunar nirvana weapon and then recast it and then continue to recast it until i got good stats then with whatever money i have left (if any) i shard/refine it.

Which is just one reason why nirvana isnt such an attractive option for me.
  • Celestyna - Heavens Tear
    Celestyna - Heavens Tear Posts: 629 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    I dont want to put a lot of effort into the 'first step' weapon.
    I'd have to spend all the money to get a lunar nirvana weapon and then recast it and then continue to recast it until i got good stats then with whatever money i have left (if any) i shard/refine it.

Which is just one reason why nirvana isnt such an attractive option for me.

pretty sure he means just LG weapon not LG nirvana
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Celesse - Harshlands
    edited January 2012
    Options
    pretty sure he means just LG weapon not LG nirvana

Pretty sure i just said i didnt want to put a lot of money into a plain lg weapon (or tt99, or nv 1st cast).
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Pretty sure i just said i didnt want to put a lot of money into a plain lg weapon (or tt99, or nv 1st cast).

You can probably buy a Neon Purgatory for like 20-25m. It's not like venos need super OP weps to just be purge/amp bots anyway.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
    edited January 2012
    Options
    You can probably buy a Neon Purgatory for like 20-25m. It's not like venos need super OP weps to just be purge/amp bots anyway.

^ this.

A highly refined NP is a decent weapon and definitely a better option than the Beamhoof or Shinrabansho.

You'd spend over 100m on R6 and it's not really that great for anyone other than a veno. Twilight Scepter is like 200m in besties? Depending on current gold prices, you could get full set of R8 two or three times for that price.

So you might not like my idea, but it's certainly better than two of your suggestions.
    edited January 2012
    Options

not only that but highly refined weapons on venos mean your likely to pull agro off your pet first time you hit if you do happen to be tanking something for some unknown reason.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Celesse - Harshlands
    edited January 2012
    Options
    This is NOT only for a veno! The weapon will also be used by a mystic/cleric any other caster class I want to play - if they release a new class etc.etc.

The only reason I am not in favor of a neon purgatory (or any other lunar weapon) is because I would eventually want to have something along those lines made into nirvana and I wouldn't want to invest too much into it because I would lose all the refines/gems when I nirvana'd it.

(Lunar weapons are also EXTREMELY hard to sell)
    edited January 2012
    Options
    why ask for opinions if you will get offended by them all? just go with the one you like, what matters is you being happy anyways b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Bloody_Fox_ - Sanctuary
    _Bloody_Fox_ - Sanctuary Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Twilight Scepter is like 200m in besties?

I paid 42 mil for mine.
    Facebook.com/foxi187
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2012
    Options
    The only reason I am not in favor of a neon purgatory (or any other lunar weapon) is because I would eventually want to have something along those lines made into nirvana and I wouldn't want to invest too much into it because I would lose all the refines/gems when I nirvana'd it.

(Lunar weapons are also EXTREMELY hard to sell)

Contradict yourself more please.

b:bye

I paid 42 mil for mine.

And I know someone who bought one for 5m in a cat shop when they first came out in packs...
    edited January 2012
    Options

And I know someone who bought one for 5m in a cat shop when they first came out in packs...

I have seen em anywhere from 45m to 70m. Never 200....lol.
    Facebook.com/foxi187
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2012
    Options
    I have seen em anywhere from 45m to 70m. Never 200....lol.

Most people buy them with besties. I know for a fact you can't count on that to drop. I've run 3-3 hundreds of times trying to farm Heart of Nature. I've only got one red mat to drop in over a year's worth of attempts, a Twilight Scepter... we didn't even notice it because it was hiding under the pillar. My friend was like OMG where did this come from?
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Most people buy them with besties. I know for a fact you can't count on that to drop. I've run 3-3 hundreds of times trying to farm Heart of Nature. I've only got one red mat to drop in over a year's worth of attempts, a Twilight Scepter... we didn't even notice it because it was hiding under the pillar. My friend was like OMG where did this come from?

What about in Anni packs? It was during that mega sale I got it.
    Facebook.com/foxi187
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Berserker_ - Dreamweaver
    Berserker_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 366 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    re-roll a sin nv +10 dags b:cute
    [SIGPIC]www.spades.tw[/SIGPIC]
    b:cute
  • Celesse - Harshlands
    edited January 2012
    Options

I didn't contradict myself at all.
    I simply restated what I've been saying from the beginning.
    Buying a well refined (or buying and refining) a Neon Purgatory would be the cheapest option. HOWEVER, if I did spend the money to buy, refine and shard the weapon well - it would all eventually go to waste if/when I made it into it's Nirvana form.

I'm not getting offended at the suggestion - because it's a good option and I have considered it. But my main concern isn't so much what would be good for now, but what would be the best overall option for in the future.

Obviously this makes nirvana seem like a good option because you can start small and slowly work up - but I'm looking more to getting to the end as fast as possible and everything you have and make after that going towards refining/sharding that 'end'.

Sorry if it's a bit confusing.
    edited January 2012
    Options
    What about in Anni packs? It was during that mega sale I got it.

The red mats came out of Pan Gu packs. Those packs have only been released twice as far as I'm aware. The first time they came out, Relic of Souls which came from Lucky Coral packs wasn't yet available. So, the cost to make 4 99 souledges necessary to make the 100 weapons made the red mat relatively worthless so they didn't sell for a whole lot. The next time Pan Gu packs came out the red mats were selling for 60-80m ea because the market was flooded with Relic of Souls.

I didn't contradict myself at all.
    I simply restated what I've been saying from the beginning.
    Buying a well refined (or buying and refining) a Neon Purgatory would be the cheapest option. HOWEVER, if I did spend the money to buy, refine and shard the weapon well - it would all eventually go to waste if/when I made it into it's Nirvana form.

I'm not getting offended at the suggestion - because it's a good option and I have considered it. But my main concern isn't so much what would be good for now, but what would be the best overall option for in the future.

Obviously this makes nirvana seem like a good option because you can start small and slowly work up - but I'm looking more to getting to the end as fast as possible and everything you have and make after that going towards refining/sharding that 'end'.

Sorry if it's a bit confusing.

Well, I think everyone's done a good job outlining the real options you have.

If you want something pretty, you're going to have to pay for it. R6 is quite expensive for what it is and it's not all that great for other classes and it's really not all that great for endgame. Shinrabansho autobinds. TT Nirvana autobinds. R8 is character bound.

Either lunar wand or sword are cheap and will work well for your needs, but they aren't pretty. You want something upgradeable and something that isn't non-factor for your level. Lunar wand. Buy a used one with 2 sockets that's already refined. It may take you a couple days or a couple weeks, but it shouldn't be hard finding one.

Sorry, your options are pretty much spelled out for you. R6 and TT100 look pretty, but one's underpowered, the other binds....

/shrug
  • Zgod - Lost City
    Zgod - Lost City Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    ok you can get either 1st cast nv g13-130mil-150mil
    r6 g13-100milish if that
    r8 g14-80mil for rep
    TT100 g13-155mil

im saying go cv nv wep cause just incase you want to 2nd cast it you can and be g15 and cv nv is better then hh nv so go buy a cheap cv magic wep and recast it nv
  • QuietKitteh - Lost City
    QuietKitteh - Lost City Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    I agree with MD, CV wep is cheapest and best option for your "needs" and for recast you can always use chienkuns if you need to, so i quite dont see the problem.

And... you gotta chose gear from the STATS, not from looks...
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    And... you gotta chose gear from the STATS, not from looks...

Gtfo of here with this logic! Everyone knows looks > everything in this game. That is why people spend so much on fash!
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Hurrdurr - Lothranis
    Hurrdurr - Lothranis Posts: 1,468 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Michael, lunar NV sword and wands are both pretty though.

@QuickKitteh I've spent over 700m just for things that looks good. Be it weapons or fashion.
  • HardToThink - Lost City
    HardToThink - Lost City Posts: 967 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Michael, lunar NV sword and wands are both pretty though.

@QuickKitteh I've spent over 700m just for things that looks good. Be it weapons or fashion.

Why does everyone always ignore the glaive =/// I like the wand and the glaive but the sword looks stupid
    Siggy from bellefleurs.
    [SIGPIC]http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/94/25yzm05jpg.png/[/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/user/HardToYawn?blend=1&ob=video-mustangbase
  • Celesse - Harshlands
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Why does everyone always ignore the glaive =/// I like the wand and the glaive but the sword looks stupid

I was under the impression that the glaive was the best option....

Now I'm confused.