Knightblayde's PvE Seeker Guide

Comments

• Ruubgaal - Heavens Tear
    Ruubgaal - Heavens Tear Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Sorry for the typos but I summarized and made what I was trying to say fast.
  • XDracona - Heavens Tear
    XDracona - Heavens Tear Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Ok let me begin from level one of seeker. The key to quick leveling and finding out how to use ur seeker to the fullest are quests.

I started playing the game as a seeker wednesday and i got to level 3 by doing the begging quests and i only killed the bluepaw lemurs lol. Then i had to get off and then got back on thursday and started playin for real. I was into the class man its a great class if you what your doing im still learning and learned a bit of things from this guide. I started with the 6 str 3 dex 1 vit every 2 levels. It wasnt working you get ***** quick and cannot hold a 2v1 battle early on. I had to meditate and use pots til i ran out because a seeker can only take on 4 mobs early on. Then later on i got to 13 and got the first stance and then later on the fallow up skill staggering.

I was still loosing health quick after 4 kills then i switched build 2str 2 dex and 1 vit every level and that works great. I can kill 8 mobs before getting to around 200 hp. I got to level 20 by thursday night. Today friday my goal was 25 which i got and quests are the fastest way to level no freakin joke. Mobs dont give you $hit when quests give you 20% and way above. Also i havent bought a single piece of armor got evey thing in quests and the supply stash. For skills hm. I leveled up staggering and batsoui or whatever it is maxed for my level because there great.

First stance mark+maxed to ur level(both skill)= over 1k dmg at level 25 the 2nd sword you get from supply stash makes ur dmg 300-400 cant remember the right on amount at level 25. For other skills like this guide says get level one of evey skill so you can get next ones in the skill tree. I havent touched any of the other skills because they dont ned to be leveled like alot later.

Oh and if anyone is around 20-27 and would like to duo or trio or what ever lol for doing quests quick and getting the rewards faster my seekers name in the game is Ruubgaal. I also found out more seekers or a mystic in your squad and you can fly through quests and levels. So i basicly got 25 levels in 2 and 1/4 days. If i didnt die a billion times to learn how to get better for the situation i would be level 30.

Woooo that was alot ok so if you read all of this i hope it helped on something about ur seeker and if your 20-27 just hit me up in the game tomorrow and ik help yah on ur quests to catch up levels with me and then we can keep party up to do the quests we will get. Thank you, your welcome, and laters.

Fixed...all that mushed together gave me a headache.
  • Alsiadorra - Sanctuary
    Alsiadorra - Sanctuary Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Rock splitting cleave is very underrated..
  • TolanSky - Heavens Tear
    TolanSky - Heavens Tear Posts: 598 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    is the gear list in this guide still up to date? Or is there a new set of gear that is ideal for Seeker at the moment between the levels of 60 and 102?
    Acc 1: TolanSky ~ ● Seeker / Daearena ~ Mystic / ThornLily ~ Veno
    Acc 2: Veilana ~ Sin / QueenBlubrry ~ Cleric / Lemondrop ~ Psychic
  • OOCreatureOo - Dreamweaver
    OOCreatureOo - Dreamweaver Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    So, as I've read through this guide (Great guide btw) I have been wondering "what Is going to be the best build for me?" And have come to the conclusion that I will go with the Dex build. (Minimum Str, and Dex, Rest on dex) because like alot of people pointed out, vit isnt all that important. Atleast, It's not going to be for my gameplay. I was considering vit at fisrt. But then I remeberd, that I didn't want anouther vit character. I want to see high numbers for once. However, I would like some feedback from any current players, playing a dex build seeker, before I go ahead and allocate my point's.

I also want to mention the fact that I was thinking that a magic LA build would be an interesting build to play around with, since seekers have ranged, and close combat magic skills. Ofc, I'm not going to try it myself. But I figured I would put that out there. ;p

Again, any feedback, or advise would be greatly appreciated. Cheers!
    edited September 2011
    So, as I've read through this guide (Great guide btw) I have been wondering "what Is going to be the best build for me?" And have come to the conclusion that I will go with the Dex build. (Minimum Str, and Dex, Rest on dex) because like alot of people pointed out, vit isnt all that important. Atleast, It's not going to be for my gameplay. I was considering vit at fisrt. But then I remeberd, that I didn't want anouther vit character. I want to see high numbers for once. However, I would like some feedback from any current players, playing a dex build seeker, before I go ahead and allocate my point's.

I also want to mention the fact that I was thinking that a magic LA build would be an interesting build to play around with, since seekers have ranged, and close combat magic skills. Ofc, I'm not going to try it myself. But I figured I would put that out there. ;p

Again, any feedback, or advise would be greatly appreciated. Cheers!

Keep in mind that Seeker needs enough Strength to be able to equip their swords. If you want to be able to equip your Rank 9 Sword that means a minimum of 255 Strength and 155 Dexterity. So in otherwords, a primarily dexterity based build would probably not be very effective. I would recommend the 6 STR / 4 DEX build if you are planning on not putting anything into Vitality at all.
  • Kyoko_Sato - Raging Tide
    Kyoko_Sato - Raging Tide Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Thanks alot.b:cute After seeing that it has finally helped me to decide whether to have vit or add none. Although i have been thinking and feeling a bit scared but now i am not. Yeah seeker aren t tankers like barbs and so and so, plus i need a bit more str and dex, so i decided a nartual d defiantly not changing to the balanced build. :). I am not a natural tanker i am dd in the heart and this build will allow me to do it/
    so what your a High Attack build?
    I'm am gonna just cap vit at 20 and then do 6str 4dex so i still have some survability and i can hit hard and see big numbers often =3
  • Yuniryu - Raging Tide
    Yuniryu - Raging Tide Posts: 516 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    so what your a High Attack build?
    I'm am gonna just cap vit at 20 and then do 6str 4dex so i still have some survability and i can hit hard and see big numbers often =3

Right now i am standard alter build / High attack. So lets say high attack alterated but with 50vit cap. I forgot to say 50vit in my quote, i said 5vit by mistake. But i am aimming for a full str build because it seems more like my style. I havent been a great tanker, i have tried 90vit and i doesnt make a difference for me, that is why i am better off the other end.

Some people are meant to tank with hp and i am not one of them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • insertclevername
    insertclevername Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    I was just wondering what build i should use after I cap my vit at 20. Should I go high str or dex if i was to alter this into a PvP/TW class? Thanks b:victory
  • wisewing
    wisewing Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    wow very very good guide am a lvl 69 seeker reading your guide help me to understand my build more thx by the way 3str 2dex damage effect i kill lvl 89's but kills the pockets on potsb:byeb:victory
  • Alsiadorra - Sanctuary
    Alsiadorra - Sanctuary Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    I have pulled off a really sick combo.

Edged Blur+Vortex.

Need cloud eruption, about level 5 or 6. You need full sparks. Initiate Edged Blur, cloud eruption and use vortex. Thats 12 seconds of **** X_X.
  • Ebrithalia - Dreamweaver
    Ebrithalia - Dreamweaver Posts: 441 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    I have pulled off a really sick combo.

Spark+Vortex.

Need cloud eruption, about level 5 or 6. You need full sparks. Initiate spark, cloud eruption and use vortex. Thats 12 seconds of **** X_X.

Corrected your deadly combo. Now go watch the damage this thing do b:victory
    Ebrithalia -Sage Seeker
  • RayenQa - Archosaur
    RayenQa - Archosaur Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    That was really helpful.

As a newbie player who doesnt know much about this game , I find it easy to understand nd the content is really interesting.

Thx for ur hard work.
  • X__Gaia__x - Sanctuary
    X__Gaia__x - Sanctuary Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Very useful guide, I love this (:
    I've just got a question about Northern Sky Waltz.
    Does it only decrease the Def lvl when you use Staggering Strike or does it always decrease it?
  • Grushdeva - Dreamweaver
    Grushdeva - Dreamweaver Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Northern Sky Waltz will give every attack a chance (30% at 10, 40% if sage) to place a blue-ish status effect on the targets. this effect does nothing at all but when it is "activated" with staggering strike you will see the Def Level decrease, as well as the immobilise. the other "combos" parchedblade dance/Stalagstrike and Soulsever Minuet/Gemini Slash works the same, with the difference that the activating attacks are aoes so you can activate on a lot of targets at once (as well as them having their own effects once activated etc.)
  • X_Chanelle_x - Sanctuary
    X_Chanelle_x - Sanctuary Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Northern Sky Waltz will give every attack a chance (30% at 10, 40% if sage) to place a blue-ish status effect on the targets. this effect does nothing at all but when it is "activated" with staggering strike you will see the Def Level decrease, as well as the immobilise. the other "combos" parchedblade dance/Stalagstrike and Soulsever Minuet/Gemini Slash works the same, with the difference that the activating attacks are aoes so you can activate on a lot of targets at once (as well as them having their own effects once activated etc.)

Okie, thanks alot. ^^
  • jayjonesx69
    jayjonesx69 Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    hey i wanna make money and pvp , is life rly needed? or shud i go mainly dex? or get some lfie or go str? proably mainly dex?
  • byekunr
    byekunr Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I've made a seeker, and i dislike PvP for real...For a PvE seeker, Morai Heavy Gear really don't worth the price? Looks like really "easy" to get it (need to farm for a while, but takes time and less - i guess a lot less - money to do than the others HA gears)...I looked all over the forum, and didn't find any thread talking about Morai HA and i don't know if is cause this HA set could be bad...

There is any instance that i can't solo/go with Morai Set that i could solo/go with another one?

So I thou I need some tips for my endgear...
    For what i've saw Morai G15 Dual Blade is pretty good for a endgear PvE Seeker...The Morai HA goes to the same line?!

Worth invest more to get Nirvana or another HA endgear? Remembering that my seeker probably will be PvE only.

PS1: I hope that i'm not necro this thread (it's a fixed one, right?!)
    PS2: Sorry guys, my english is really bad b:surrender
  • Zoteev - Sanctuary
    Zoteev - Sanctuary Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    hi guys, I'm planning to build my seeker like:
    5 MAG
    55 VIT
    160 DEX
    and the rest goes to STR (which would be 320 if lvl 105)
    what do u think of the build? :D
    edited December 2012
    5 MAG
    55 VIT
    160 DEX

use a reset note to lower your magic score down to 4 or 3 (whichever a reset note lowers it to) and then put those points into STR as well. Also, you really don't need that much Vitality. I would say a Vitality cap of around 40 to 50 is good. I personally plan to stop putting points into vitality at the 40 point cap because putting that much into Vitality is only necessary if you have a lack of money for purchasing either Vitality Shards or Defense Level Shards with which to increase your ability to defend yourself.

Even with that knowledge, the instant I manage to get Rank 9 or better gear and start sharding it for end game stuff, I fully intend to restat in such a way that I don't have all those points tied up in Vitality but instead have 5 Vitality, 3 or 4 Magic, 160 Dexterity, and the rest in Strength.

I am however a firm supporter of Strength Builds as I feel those provide the best overall damage output.
  • Zoteev - Sanctuary
    Zoteev - Sanctuary Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    use a reset note to lower your magic score down to 4 or 3 (whichever a reset note lowers it to) and then put those points into STR as well. Also, you really don't need that much Vitality. I would say a Vitality cap of around 40 to 50 is good. I personally plan to stop putting points into vitality at the 40 point cap because putting that much into Vitality is only necessary if you have a lack of money for purchasing either Vitality Shards or Defense Level Shards with which to increase your ability to defend yourself.

Even with that knowledge, the instant I manage to get Rank 9 or better gear and start sharding it for end game stuff, I fully intend to restat in such a way that I don't have all those points tied up in Vitality but instead have 5 Vitality, 3 or 4 Magic, 160 Dexterity, and the rest in Strength.

I am however a firm supporter of Strength Builds as I feel those provide the best overall damage output.

Well yeah actually I'm kinda lacking in $$ so I think I'd stick w/ the build mentioned above (hybrid build?), thanks for the suggestion anyway :D
  • Horugou - Raging Tide
    Horugou - Raging Tide Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    5 MAG
    55 VIT
    160 DEX

for my play style that amount of vit is simply not enough...
    I hung around 7.5k hp with 85 vit @ lvl 101 with rank 8...
    which helped me survive most things I was trying to do...
    I've found that as long as you don't tank a boss, and are not doing delta or anything like that... your strength doesn't matter as much... most damage on vortex seems to
    be more impacted by the level than the attack power of the toon so long as you're under level 100...
    so I'd say until you reach endgame, slap some extra vit on your build
    and restat it as you refine your gear past level 100 to boost your damage or dex.
  • fehmy1983
    fehmy1983 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    tq for info,,i need to find tt80.amor set..but to hard to go tt anyway tq
  • WickedTruths - Archosaur
    WickedTruths - Archosaur Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    for my play style that amount of vit is simply not enough...
    I hung around 7.5k hp with 85 vit @ lvl 101 with rank 8...
    which helped me survive most things I was trying to do...
    I've found that as long as you don't tank a boss, and are not doing delta or anything like that... your strength doesn't matter as much... most damage on vortex seems to
    be more impacted by the level than the attack power of the toon so long as you're under level 100...
    so I'd say until you reach endgame, slap some extra vit on your build
    and restat it as you refine your gear past level 100 to boost your damage or dex.

I agree with this I have stated with quite a bit of vit myself for survivability reasons.

Now thats not to say once I get my end game gear, with the refines and proper sharding, that I won't restat for better damage and a higher crit rate, But the extra vit helps out a lot. Stating for more damage at this point is pointless when you can only squeeze so much out of a tt90 weapon that doesn't have mass refines and uber shards.
  • StoicNeros - Archosaur
    StoicNeros - Archosaur Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Blood-Thirsty Blitz increases your threat level and can take agro ; most of the time. Its also another seeker skill besides last stand that can absorb alot of hp. Any seeker that doesnt have it should farm aeu b:pleased
  • HerbalLife - Archosaur
    HerbalLife - Archosaur Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Save from Charm ticks too
  • Horugou - Raging Tide
    Horugou - Raging Tide Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Thinking of making an updated seeker guide >.>
  • weizheng84
    weizheng84 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hi all, i've read the forum and would like to ask... When you guys say cap dex at 160... Is it 160 with gears addons?
  • XSonOfCircex - Sanctuary
    XSonOfCircex - Sanctuary Posts: 1,173 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yes, you guys need 155 dex for the highest level gear, and since that leaves you 5 dex from another crit you might as well get it. If you have 160 dex and then get 11 dex on your cape, that's an extra 11 dex that isn't doing a whole lot for you and is really rather superfluous.
    xSonOfCircex-105/103/102 Sage Wiz
    DrakeEmpress-101/102/103 Sage Cleric
    Gaygasm-101/101/101 Sage Stormbringer

Because I can't stand playing melee classes
  • weizheng84
    weizheng84 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ok. Thanks for the reply.. Would like to know what is the comfortable vit stats that we should have for tanking or solo say fc at lvl 90 and above