Farmers and phishers and hackers, oh my!

124»

Comments

• Yamiino - Heavens Tear
    Yamiino - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,031 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    i think my brain farted on the first 2 lines of reading it and then exploded ._. half way.

So basically, all that wall of text to say:

- Do not buy gold on other sites than pwi.perfectworld.com or you may be banned.

b:thanks
    b:victory
    WTB> -12% channeling BELT or RING pm me with link or mail me ingame HT server, ty.
  • Mstrsdragon - Sanctuary
    Mstrsdragon - Sanctuary Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    To all the wonderful, loving, and hardworking GMs of PWI b:dirtyb:kiss This is but one of the issues that caused me to leave the f2p game I was playing before coming here. The gold farmers, hackers, and bots were rampant ingame, and sadly the GMs did nothing because, in my opinion, they didn't care. Word of mouth is how games like this get popular (and in some cases die), and I have nothing but wonderful things to say about my experience so far. I know this has probably been said to little, but you deserve it: Keep up the good work, and avoid the dark side. b:victory b:thanks
    Sihndra wrote: »
    ...a certain gold farming website whose title undoubtedly stands for an unspeakably taboo act that a barbarian and a venomancer who love each other very much may engage in at their own discretion and webcam framerate.
    I loled at this, and nearly spit Pepsi on my monitor. b:laugh
  • drixx1234
    drixx1234 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    OMG next time I see one of your post I hope I'm on shrooms b:dirtyb:thanks
  • AlegnaEP - Raging Tide
    AlegnaEP - Raging Tide Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Funniest thing I have read in a long time! Your brain is awesome Sihndra! I want to buy it, do you have a cat shop on an island that isn't "upcoming" and are those dinosaurs dangerous?

Seriously funny, informative, and delightful all at once. I'm glad I saw a link that took me to this topic!
    Great Spirits have always encountered Violent Opposition from Mediocre Minds. ~Albert Einstein
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    This was that epic. I totally love your post Sihndra! So funny!
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • DeathMethod - Harshlands
    DeathMethod - Harshlands Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Ya but no.. That was some truley funny sht right their o.O
  • BriarFoxy - Raging Tide
    BriarFoxy - Raging Tide Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Well I did it once Got Burned and Banned so I know it's DEFINITELY not worth it and not knowing where the stuff came from makes it a liability to everyone. I here to Play, have fun, meet some nice People and relax not support the seemingly increasing BAD Behavior of some of the players. See You in Game People.
    Rise to Become Mighty so on the Wings of the Leviathan We will Soar....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Beware the Jabberwock, my son! The jaws that bite, the claws that catch! Beware the Jubjub bird, and shun The frumious Bandersnatch!" He took his vorpal sword in hand: Long time the manxome foe he sought -- So rested he by the Tumtum tree, And stood awhile in thought. And, as in uffish thought he stood, The Jabberwock, with eyes of flame, Came whiffling through the tulgey wood, And burbled as it came!--Poem part by: Lewis Carroll
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Hello my children.

As you may have noticed, PWI has been attracting the persistent and unwanted attentions of a certain gold farming website whose title undoubtedly stands for an unspeakably taboo act that a barbarian and a venomancer who love each other very much may engage in at their own discretion and webcam framerate.

Let me assure you that these attentions are as vile as they are illicit, my fair children. Most of you know that buying from farmers is wrong. Not wrong like showing off your 25 APS to a new player and making him submit eight support tickets about a **** blademaster. Wrong as in you wake up to check your catshop to find that you have been paid a visit by the GM fairy; your coin is gone, your items are gone, your friends are gone, the life you thought you led is gone, and your catshop is on an island surrounded by dinosaurs.

But what you may not know, other than that FrankieRaye has an RBI and batting averages so high that even he does not know them, is that these farmers are the most terrifying thing to happen to PWI since we realized that players could glitch an extra 1,000,000 coin into their bag each time they type I LOVE PERFECT WORLD GMS ESPECIALLY SIHNDRA in worldchat.

Basically what happened was some gaming site with really awful security got ****, and the hackers got a whole bunch of username/passwords. They then set about trying these logins in PWI with a fervor known only to the great green Earth's most prolific and industrious peoples. Some of the logins worked, so a whole lot of innocent PWI accounts got possessed by malicious users much in the same way Duke Blacke gets possessed by a need to extoll the virtues of every blade of grass on the great green etc.

So if you buy from this gold farmer site, you are in all probability going to get paid with items that have been stolen and liquidated from your friends and guildmates. While we here at PWE are pleased to note that this practice causes no inflation like normal gold farming, you can imagine the havoc wreaked on your friends' accounts.

Therefore, I offer my commandment to change your passwords often and do not buy coin from fraudulent third-party sources!!!

Go now, and know that I will watch over you.
    you sure its just that? >.>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Selak - Dreamweaver
    Selak - Dreamweaver Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    We really don't know. Most of the logins that were being attempted couldn't possibly be valid Perfect World accounts (invalid characters, spaces, etc). We've since implemented measures that prevent these kinds of massive login tests.

Thank you.
    You win contest for simplest and most informative squeak of the week.
    Wicked +1
    There are old Warriors, and bold Warriors,
    but there are very few old bold Warriors. b:chuckle
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    O.O
    Zmoogles, me sense a disturbance in the lols.
    XD

Also this. D:
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rekaisavage - Dreamweaver
    Rekaisavage - Dreamweaver Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    ohhh that explains it :C i never bought gold but today i just couldnt sign in xD so.. i changed my password and wolia... but omg im angry <.<! if that person wouldve done some bad stuff to my barb DX! glad they didnt divorce me since im having wedding tomorrow, yay <3!... but theyre badass.. they removed all my core connect friends xD
  • kriegerseele
    kriegerseele Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    very nice post, love to read more like this b:dirty
    so thats the reason why there actual so much love up and downs are selling.
    some ppl say its a dupe exploit and pwi stop +11/+12 sale for this reason.

but i personal now think most of the tomes are ripped by those account hackers.

very nice to read some fresh info in a way, reading makes fun *thumbs up*
    Looking for another "Fair for All" Game now...
  • Dorset - Heavens Tear
    Dorset - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,690 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Firstly amazingly entertaining thread to read bravo

and secondly

DEAR GOD WHAT IS THIS ABOMINATION!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] <sig by me

yup guys imma back!

I LOVE making sigs. go to Fanatics section "Dorset's Thread of Interesting Things". u request ill create!
    b:shyI LOVE MY HUBBY my best friend HeartandSoulb:heart
  • blackfiredruid
    blackfiredruid Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Some one got into my account and cleared out my seeker is there anything i can do about it b:angryb:cryb:sad
  • sangodoc
    sangodoc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Some one got into my account and cleared out my seeker is there anything i can do about it b:angryb:cryb:sad
    Send in a support ticket explaining what happened and cross your fingers.

Good luck!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Visit the PWI wiki for the useful information. Stay at the PWI wiki for the pie. ;-)
  • Atraieu - Sanctuary
    Atraieu - Sanctuary Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    ^I lold

also anyone stupid enough to buy from gold websites, deserved to be ****.

I agree.
  • Herne_Hunter - Sanctuary
    Herne_Hunter - Sanctuary Posts: 508 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    @Magichamsta hiiiii

and meh... people would want to buy gold from 3rd party websites as mentioned here cause... gold here is going higher... how long does it take to understand that unless you stop doing the stupid updates where people can buy their stuff out with real life cash no matter what you do you cant stop this from happening... all this post of your does is a simple warning and awareness that you people are some what working... but seriously easy way to stop this is just get it back to normal....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I want to go back to the time when innocence was Natural, getting high meant, on a swing. Drinking meant lemonade. Dad was the only Hero. Love was Mom's hug. Dad's shoulder was the highest place on earth. Worst enemies were siblings.
    Hurts were Bleeding knees. Broken things were only Toys. Goodbyes meant only till tomorrow!

Life has changed a lot ....

Hasn't it .. ?? ..b:sad
  • Morind - Sanctuary
    Morind - Sanctuary Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited September 2011
  • TheGuard - Lost City
    TheGuard - Lost City Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    look at this thread, the result of all this, PWI GMs have banned many players without adequate explanation http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1194951
  • rolldeep
    rolldeep Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    okey dont really know why but im starting to see a pattern here ..

a few of my friends are saying that they have bought items (like perfect tokens of luck)from catshops and they was not able to craft with them and ended up with 10 tokens nomatter how meny they have bought ..

i kinda use a lot of tokens each day and this worrys me alot becours now on the server im on i see more and more ppl complaining about this problem and i see more and cat shop selling items that cant be sold ..(like on the pic) but you can buy them...hmm

so when i hear ppl saying that pwi havent been **** and stuff like that i worry becours do pwi really care about the true players in pwi or what is it only oure money PWI are after now this days...???(yes i know meny ppl got banned but that dont help PWI surviving this if it keeps on going on)

http://db.tt/9cKzYnE3
    got pm by a friend saying he bought from the player in the PIC and he sayed he hade 13 of the item (now after 5 days and he is still here in pwi after a lot of ppl reported him but nothing has happent with him so fare he are still putting up shop and selling unsellable items in the tons !!!!!)

So PWi power house mods are the rumors true? are pwi getting **** by the BOT makers elitepvpers.com & the german underGround^Ext1z hacker group( or is the game gonna die from this atk from the "Farmers and phishers and hackers" ????

(the shops i have seen & Reported that are selling unsellable items all have german names)

i just wonna know THE TRUTH THIS TIME!!!b:thanks

PWI's "Power" house~mods and all.
    WE the users need to know and we also wonna know the truth this time plz...b:surrenderb:cry
  • rolldeep
    rolldeep Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    http://db.tt/j25IFNEY
    this mornings run i found this shop at arch west tele(528 663)proberly the same player doing this with this 2 items... b:angryb:bye
  • Trump - Raging Tide
    Trump - Raging Tide Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    lolwut
    more questions asked-more ppl helping to solve-better community-better support...b:bye
  • Bellefleurs - Raging Tide
    Bellefleurs - Raging Tide Posts: 733 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    *face palm*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired nonfactor archer.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    lols PWI fix this already
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • yaoming36
    yaoming36 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Is it wrong this gave me a boner?
  • Angelspite - Archosaur
    Angelspite - Archosaur Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    If I see people advertising these web sites offering cheap/ free gold etc. is there any way I can report them?
    Mushroomhead ftw b:victoryb:victory
  • _Grandpa - Raging Tide
    _Grandpa - Raging Tide Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    ^I lold

also anyone stupid enough to buy from gold websites, deserved to be ****.

Yeah... thinking of that too.

Many spam messages right now on Raging Tide for lolga.com. Wondering how many players actualy will give username/password to get gold. Also wondering why GM's cannot block the whole IP range* of the spammers.

b:victory see you all in the game

edit: cannot block if they use proxy... hope they kick _XucrutiS, Kristanna and all other names
  • V_m_ - Harshlands
    V_m_ - Harshlands Posts: 543 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    D: these scammers were VERY active today in all the cities. i say we should be able to pk them!!!b:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"perfect world isnt perfect, but its better than this so called "reality""