Ultimate Dragon Orb Combining Guide

13»

Comments

• Wizzie - Raging Tide
    Wizzie - Raging Tide Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Nice guide, i found it now after i made hundrids of orbs :) I just knew how to make +4 +5 +6 and then i combined them for higher. Anyway this seems a bit easier, good job:)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Linkinparkt - Heavens Tear
    Linkinparkt - Heavens Tear Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    its a nice guide for dragon orb making but to bad that the patch tonight is adding 11 star and 12 star orbs
  • Kado - Sanctuary
    Kado - Sanctuary Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    rgog wrote: »
    So to make my +6 orb I need a total of 230 +1 orbs?

I am still having a bit of trouble understanding the guide :-(

So basically these are the orbs I need to make?

Specific Orbs Needed=1 (3 Star), 2 (5 Stars)

So I go to the 3 star guide

Specific Orbs Needed=2 (1 Stars), 2 (2 Stars)

and start here?

The purpose of that post was to better inform the previous poster of the solution to his request.

Its basically stating that in order to actually get something to +5 per say WITH D.ORBS (not tishas) you would essentially need 1-1* 1-2* 1-3* 1-4* 1-5*. If all you are trying to do is make a 5 star then look at the main page of the guide under five star and do exactly what it says. To make a 6 star Orb you need 130 1* orbs.

However to refine an item to 6* from 0 WITH D.ORBS ONLY you would need 1+4+10+25+60+130= 230 1* orbs.
  • Kado - Sanctuary
    edited October 2011
    its a nice guide for dragon orb making but to bad that the patch tonight is adding 11 star and 12 star orbs

Not sure what that has to do with anything
  • CuTe_PoiSoN - Raging Tide
    CuTe_PoiSoN - Raging Tide Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Excellent post! I have been trying to figure this out for awhile but lack the mathematical mind to do so. Very stream-lined and easy to follow, thank you very much for the time and effort you've put into gathering this very useful information.
  • Mweya - Heavens Tear
    Mweya - Heavens Tear Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    This is a nice thread, and I can understand it's utility for making one star through 4 star orbs (of these 4 star seems the only one really worth making, because you can just refine a bunch of times for 2 star and 3 star items without much trouble), but I'm having trouble figuring out why anyone would want to make a 6 or 7 star star orb etc. from one star orbs. There are often sales for 5 star orbs and 10 star orbs that allow you to upgrade from 5 star to 10 star more cheaply than making the orbs themselves. If you use this guide to calculate the cost of making even a 6 star orb at one star orb sale prices you will see that often buying sale priced 10 star orbs is a much better deal.

PWI adds the sales to give us added value. It makes sense to use them IMHO!
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    I've yet to see 5* DOrbs in the boutique for less than the price of whatever 60 1*s are selling for that week.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Matgatg - Sanctuary
    Matgatg - Sanctuary Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    This is a nice thread, and I can understand it's utility for making one star through 4 star orbs (of these 4 star seems the only one really worth making, because you can just refine a bunch of times for 2 star and 3 star items without much trouble), but I'm having trouble figuring out why anyone would want to make a 6 or 7 star star orb etc. from one star orbs. There are often sales for 5 star orbs and 10 star orbs that allow you to upgrade from 5 star to 10 star more cheaply than making the orbs themselves. If you use this guide to calculate the cost of making even a 6 star orb at one star orb sale prices you will see that often buying sale priced 10 star orbs is a much better deal.

PWI adds the sales to give us added value. It makes sense to use them IMHO!

When people get their gear, patience flies out the door. They have to refine it, and needs to be done now b:angry. They will go out and buy orbs no matter what the price b:chuckle.

As the other refining for cheap guide said, refine to +7~+8, and use oceans, far more effective that way. You can get 2~3 pieces to +10 with same cost, as opposed to 1 piece.
  • to0nz
    to0nz Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    So out of curiosity... how much would this cost for Occupy Daddy's Credit Carders?

Just remember: 1 slilver = .01 USD and 1 Gold = 1 USD
    Also if the number of orbs needed is even only 10 packs are shown since cheapest)

With the 50% off sale... the cheapest way is to buy 1 orbs in 10 packs
    (With the exception of making a 1 orb or 2 orb)

Orb # 10pk Single+
    1 1 0 1
    2 4 0 4
    3 10 1 0
    4 25 2 5
    5 60 6 0
    6 130 13 0
    7 215 21 5
    8 405 40 5
    9 750 75 0
    10 1370 137 0
    11 2525 252 5
    12 4645 464 5

Orb # $10Pks Accum. NonSale
    1 1 1.35 1.35 $2.70
    2 4 1.35 2.70 $5.40
    3 10 1.35 4.05 $8.10
    4 25 4.05 8.10 $16.20
    5 60 8.10 16.20 $32.40
    6 130 17.55 33.75 $67.50
    7 215 29.70 63.45 $126.90
    8 405 55.35 118.80 $237.60
    9 750 101.25 220.05 $440.10
    10 1370 184.95 405.00 $810.00
    11 2525 341.55 746.55 $1,493.10
    12 4645 627.75 1374.30 $2,748.60

And... ya...
    3k for a +12? Good thing its a free game...

EDIT Grrr... so much for spreadsheets and auto tab ****....

Bottom line: It takes 464 10 packs and 5 singles just to make a single #12 orb. That will cost you if you use the boutique WITH todays sale, (50% off) 627 Gold and 75 Silver.

To start at the very begining, you will need 10,140 ORBS or 1014 10 packs for a total of 1368 Gold and 90 Silver or $1368.90 USD. WHILE ON SALE. Else its $2737.80 When the sale ends. WTH? Again, free game?
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    to0nz wrote: »
    So out of curiosity... how much would this cost for Occupy Daddy's Credit Carders?

Instead of 2740 of those 1 stars just buy 2 ocean orbs. This opening post needs to be fixed so it doesn't give people bad advice.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • to0nz
    to0nz Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    ...just buy 2 ocean orbs..

Where can you get those? Do not see them in the boutique...
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    They're in the boutique on an intermittent basis. Recent sales have been 1 for 50 gold, though they have been as low as 1 for 25 gold or 5 for 100 gold.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • will1smith
    will1smith Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I've just recently used this guide for the high-level D.Orbs and I noticed that to make my Dragon Orb +9 I needed 790 1star Orbs, and not only 750.

I double-checked to make sure it wasn't a mistake on my part, but I wouldn't be able to tell you exactly where I think the extra 40 come from.

If anyone else feels like making a D.Orb +9, please count the 1star Orbs used, so we may modify the info on this thread, if what I saw was indeed correct. b:laugh
  • Kado - Sanctuary
    edited December 2012
    will1smith - I've just recently used this guide for the high-level D.Orbs and I noticed that to make my Dragon Orb +9 I needed 790 1star Orbs, and not only 750.

I double-checked to make sure it wasn't a mistake on my part, but I wouldn't be able to tell you exactly where I think the extra 40 come from.

If anyone else feels like making a D.Orb +9, please count the 1star Orbs used, so we may modify the info on this thread, if what I saw was indeed correct.

If you are claiming there is a mistake, yet you, yourself, do not know where or how it occurred, than maybe you should be the one to verify your mistake instead of asking someone else to do it. The math has been done and ridiculously scrutinized. You most likely failed to add it properly or made a few extra unnecessary orbs. However, if you do indeed find the flaw, than please point it out with proof, and I will gladly update the information.
    Asterelle - Sanctuary - Instead of 2740 of those 1 stars just buy 2 ocean orbs. This opening post needs to be fixed so it doesn't give people bad advice.

This is not "How to combine D.Orbs from boutique purchases" the intro clearly states this guide is for those wanting to use 1 star orbs. Is it cost effective to make a 10 star from one stars, heck no, but anyone in their right mind should be able to figure it out.

The purpose behind it was to inform people of the method to create orbs successfully and without having to do the math every time themselves. I wouldn't honestly suggest making anything higher than a 7 star from one stars, then you start breaking the price barrier compared from boutique cash shop to AH market values, given consideration to potential market changes.
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver - I've yet to see 5* DOrbs in the boutique for less than the price of whatever 60 1*s are selling for that week.

Ah a sensible one! Right you are, rarely are the 5 star orbs priced below what you can purchase the packs for to make them.
  • Otonio - Heavens Tear
    Otonio - Heavens Tear Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    this was VERY helpful, thank you.

usually I just sit there clicking back and forth making batches of like three and four 2-stars at a time until I have a migraine. thanks. xo
    me lavo las manos con la sangre de newbitos
  • Iyania - Heavens Tear
    Iyania - Heavens Tear Posts: 612 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    this was VERY helpful, thank you.

usually I just sit there clicking back and forth making batches of like three and four 2-stars at a time until I have a migraine. thanks. xo

I designate d.orb duty to scrubby \o/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Anatidaephobia - The Fear That You are Being Watched by a Duck
  • Valirah - Sanctuary
    Valirah - Sanctuary Posts: 522 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    This is not "How to combine D.Orbs from boutique purchases" the intro clearly states this guide is for those wanting to use 1 star orbs. Is it cost effective to make a 10 star from one stars, heck no, but anyone in their right mind should be able to figure it out.

The purpose behind it was to inform people of the method to create orbs successfully and without having to do the math every time themselves. I wouldn't honestly suggest making anything higher than a 7 star from one stars, then you start breaking the price barrier compared from boutique cash shop to AH market values, given consideration to potential market changes.

This is an poorly formatted "guide" that can cost people who don't know any better (the usual target audience for guides) a lot of money. There has never been a time when making 10* orbs from scratch was a good idea and by inserting them into your formulas without pointing this out, you are steering people into bad decisions.

The guide on PWpedia is much more useful. It clearly shows how to make individual orbs while explaining the best way of doing so.
  • Otonio - Heavens Tear
    Otonio - Heavens Tear Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I designate d.orb duty to scrubby \o/

b:sweat
    me lavo las manos con la sangre de newbitos
  • Zymari - Archosaur
    Zymari - Archosaur Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    For refines +1-4 and I'm told even +5 just use mirages. Soooo much cheaper than using orbs. On a g16 it cost 5 mirages for a refine so my theory changes on high level weapons. There I would use mirages for +1-3 only. Once you get that level of refine you can start in with the orbs where this guide may be very helpful.
  • Grimmjow_X - Dreamweaver
    Grimmjow_X - Dreamweaver Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    i just used it guide and it is awesome, so TY very much Kado, great Guide, a Mode should make this thread like locked or something
  • needykiller
    needykiller Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    best post for the poeple who spam open dragon orb packs. saves me tons of time... yea someoen should close this
  • Crazy_sin_ - Sanctuary
    Crazy_sin_ - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    what i need to do?
  • Kado - Sanctuary
    edited May 2013
    Before I go and respond to the masses, let me begin by saying THANK YOU. Thank you to all those that have utilized this guide and have benefited from it being created. Thank you to those that have pointed out reasonable changes that needed made in the early beginning. Also, thank you too all you people complaining about how this guide doesn't work in terms of pricing or whatever petty argument you had, apparently something works with nearly a hundred thousand views.
    This is an poorly formatted "guide" that can cost people who don't know any better (the usual target audience for guides) a lot of money. There has never been a time when making 10* orbs from scratch was a good idea and by inserting them into your formulas without pointing this out, you are steering people into bad decisions.

The guide on PWpedia is much more useful. It clearly shows how to make individual orbs while explaining the best way of doing so.

Sadly your attempt at thread hijacking is a bit of a bust. While I will give some props to the guide you linked, I can guarantee that guide was not in place at the time of this creation, and most likely your suggested guide used information from my guide to get started, much like I used a bit of information (which I gave credit too) to begin my calculations.

Clearly this was addressed earlier on. besides that matter, your page you linked does not give the necessary steps involved to make the orbs needed. Ok great, I know that for a 5 star orb, I must have on hand: 60 1-Star orbs, 12 2-Star Orbs, 5 3-Star orbs, and 2 4-Star orbs. Great good info, where your guide fails and mine surpasses is that I start you at scratch with those 60 beautiful babies of yours and walk you though the entire combining process. right off hand do you know how many one stars it takes to make a 4 star orb, no didn't think so. Can you go to my guide and step by step, without having to make all the way to one four star first, then another four star, then your three stars... in a single orb process, to pray you don't make a mistake, and finalize that 5 star you were going for, damn right you can. Just ask all those that have done so, oh say 94,000 of the 94,245 visitors this guide has received.

You are merely a flamer who is upset that my argument held water for the initial rant and still does for that matter. So to you, I say flame on! Oh, and quit jumping on coat tails and come up with an opinion of your own.
    For refines +1-4 and I'm told even +5 just use mirages. Soooo much cheaper than using orbs. On a g16 it cost 5 mirages for a refine so my theory changes on high level weapons. There I would use mirages for +1-3 only. Once you get that level of refine you can start in with the orbs where this guide may be very helpful.

Incredibly true, again this guide was for those that were choosing to A. use orbs because they have no faith in mirages, or B. Mass produce orbs for resale purposes. I got insanely rich in the game when I played from making orbs and selling them in cat shops; so much that my profits paid for my orbs to enhance my gears and cost me little to nothing to do so.
    i just used it guide and it is awesome, so TY very much Kado, great Guide, a Mode should make this thread like locked or something

I am so incredibly grateful and humbled that after 3 years and ten days this thread is still being utilized and appreciated. I did this in essence to speed things up for myself, as I hated doing the calculations over and over, I felt others were in the same boat, and because late one night I was bored. If you noticed the mods appreciated the work put in to this guide, so much so that it was stickied not even a whole week after I posted it. So no need to lock/close it, the sticky is what keeps it from falling too far down in the trenches. There are other guides on this particular forum page that deserve to shine and be adjusted appropriately; they too are stickied so all in all it just moves them around among each other.
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Awesome guide Kado b:victory. I have used this guide each time i made orbs.

Some people need to know how to make lvl 1~4 orbs to make higher orbs b:chuckle. Only when orbs are 4.5 silver for 1* is it cheaper to use orbs usually, no matter what the gold price.

Btw, just a side, would you like to add this for 11* and 12*, rather than making a 10*, just buy one, and this will reduce the cost of making 11* and 12* considerably compared to going from scratch. Just a thought.
  • skaitavia
    skaitavia Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Awesome guide Kado b:victory. I have used this guide each time i made orbs.

Some people need to know how to make lvl 1~4 orbs to make higher orbs b:chuckle. Only when orbs are 4.5 silver for 1* is it cheaper to use orbs usually, no matter what the gold price.

Btw, just a side, would you like to add this for 11* and 12*, rather than making a 10*, just buy one, and this will reduce the cost of making 11* and 12* considerably compared to going from scratch. Just a thought.

Done.
  • _HeA/en_ - Archosaur
    _HeA/en_ - Archosaur Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Thanks alot, it was very helpfull. i was looking for this :D