Seeker Potential Stun Lock?

XXZeonXx - Harshlands
XXZeonXx - Harshlands Posts: 372 Arc User
edited August 2013 in Seeker
I've had this combo in my head for some time, and figured it would be great to use against someone in genie cooldown/Demon Seekers who have almost no anti-stuns, et cetera. I was going to keep it to myself and try it once I got to level 100, but since I recently quit, I might as well go ahead and post it. If someone could let me know if/how well this works, it would be greatly appreciated. This is for Sage Seekers and requires sage QPQ, sage Voidstep, Rewinding Gesture, and would be better with sage Parchedblade Dance and sage Heartseeker.

Voidstep --> Blade Affinity --> Arme Nier --> Heartseeker --> QPQ --> Darkcloud Bolt --> Rewinding Gesture --> Voidstep --> Anything to get a little more damage in while the stun is in effect, most likely including (Staggering Strike + Battousai) OR Ion Spike --> Stalagstrike (for the final stun)

Initial Voidstep gives four seconds to work with. With Blade Affinity on, the Arme Nier to Heartseeker combo should take 3.1 seconds, excluding lag. Of course, Heartseeker has to immobilize for this to work, and if it does, then sage QPQ's three second silence would be enough to let you Darkcloud Bolt (which takes one second max), Rewinding Gesture (which is instant like Blade Affinity), and then Voidstep again, which gives you another four seconds to work with. At this point, a lot of your hard hitting moves will still be in cooldown, so you won't be able to fit much in this time that hits hard. Staggering Strike to Battousai combo takes 2.7 seconds without lag, and that leaves you with 1.3 left to fit in Stalagstrike for the final stun, even though it only takes .5 seconds to channel. Another alternative is to use Ion Spike instead of Staggering Strike to Battousai, but that along with the Stalagstrike casting time would add to a total of 3.9 seconds, which is very tight unless you have some -chan (which you probably do). If you do have enough -chan to use Ion Spike in that time frame, then you can use Staggering Strike and Battousai safely in the Stalagstrike stun time frame at the end, leaving you with one second remaining before that final stun wears off.

As you can see, this combo doesn't involve any genie skills, and I can only imagine the possibilities if you combined this with something like Cloud Eruption or Occult Ice. Cloud Eruption would give enough spark to use Edged Blur before starting the combo, and still leave you with enough chi to successfully complete it. Occult Ice would open up enough time to fit in Gemini, even without Blade Affinity.

Anyway, that's all I have. Looking forward to seeing some of the commentary, and if anyone could test this out for me, please tell me how it goes.
Donate towards my endgame build, please. <3
pwcalc.com/400d2e22e4b852e2
Post edited by XXZeonXx - Harshlands on

Comments

• VoItaire - Harshlands
    VoItaire - Harshlands Posts: 1,033 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Hi Zeo.

One question, did you maybe consider Occult Ice into the chain for the stun? It's cooldown isn't too horrible. The only problem I would have with Occult is that in order for it to be reliable, you'd have to use a str genie, and doing that would mean less efficient anti stun genie skills.

Also, I really hope you didn't quit JUST because you dropped a weapon which you said yourself you had more than enough coins to replace. Either way, guess this means I'll have to find a new blood theater buddy. :c
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • XXZeonXx - Harshlands
    edited August 2011
    I did consider that, but decided to leave it as it is without any genie skills so that any sage Seeker has the potential to do it without having to edit genie skills for it. Besides, a lot of Seekers with Occult Ice who look at and/or learn this combo will most likely find a way to incorporate Occult Ice easily.

And no; that wasn't the only reason I quit. :< I kind of miss you guys already, but I probably won't be able to come back until Christmas/next Summer, and by that time a lot of my friends will probably have left/will be on alts that I don't know about, etc. I wanted to tell you before I left, but you weren't online. D: Regardless, good luck with the Blood Theater and finding a new partner.
  • VoItaire - Harshlands
    VoItaire - Harshlands Posts: 1,033 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Well, that sucks. QQ And I haven't really been playing much because I've been kinda busy irl lately. And I've also kinda started playing new game and starting to like it. lol At the very least I can say I like how the game is run a LOT more than this one.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • XXZeonXx - Harshlands
    edited August 2011
    O: You should PM me the name of the game; maybe I'll be able to look into playing it whenever I have extra free time. Still probably won't be until the end of the school year, but it'll be something to look forward to.
  • InControl - Lost City
    InControl - Lost City Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    I personally don't like occult ice, I just use domain or seal myself when ganked other than that and tree of protection, occult isn't really worth being used for a seeker if you have at least 13k def, 40 Def. level, and 9k hp unbuffed...Usually the only problem is that if you don't refine your r8 sword and neither you or the enemy can kill each other.
  • deadwait7600
    deadwait7600 Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    first summon archangels of justice there first skill is stun but the point of this combo is dd with a stun lock so once that stun is on keep ur distance and rain hell with range skills then once the 4-5sec stun lock is up use voidstep my best advice is unfetter before because once u void u gota walk away a little for the next one to work and keeping a distance is a good idea then rewinding gesture genie lvl 1 fortify skill and a crimson soul powder kinda optional with qpq if u do decided to use them both drop metal skills then voidstep again during the qpq use ur archangels increase crit hit for max damage once void step stun is off use ur pets stun lock again idk I never counted when doin it but with stun+stun+silence+stun+stun im guessing 18+ seconds not including lag :)
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    SweetieBot - Lothranis Posts: 18,978 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    first summon archangels of justice there first skill is stun but the point of this combo is dd with a stun lock so once that stun is on keep ur distance and rain hell with range skills then once the 4-5sec stun lock is up use voidstep my best advice is unfetter before because once u void u gota walk away a little for the next one to work and keeping a distance is a good idea then rewinding gesture genie lvl 1 fortify skill and a crimson soul powder kinda optional with qpq if u do decided to use them both drop metal skills then voidstep again during the qpq use ur archangels increase crit hit for max damage once void step stun is off use ur pets stun lock again idk I never counted when doin it but with stun+stun+silence+stun+stun im guessing 18+ seconds not including lag :)
    NECROOO!!!!!!!

deadwait7600 replied to a message that was 2 years 1 day 19 hours 21 minutes old.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands
    SweetieBot FAQ / Usage: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1566451

• deadwait7600
    edited August 2013

the fortify crimson soul rewinding gesture archangels of justice crit skill is another of my seeker secret combos ;)
  • deadwait7600
    edited August 2013
    NECROOO!!!!!!!

deadwait7600 replied to a message that was 2 years 1 day 19 hours 21 minutes old.

google seeker stun lock maybe I should have just made a new thread to not hear u cry :)
  • DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver
    DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    google seeker stun lock maybe I should have just made a new thread to not hear u cry :)

Thinking sweetiebot is a person. Priceless. b:chuckle
    DarkSkiesx - Demon Archer
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

DarkSeasx - Sage Assassin
    mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited August 2013

we get that a lot. a grim sign of the intelligence of the playerbase...
    you only purge once #yopo
  • deadwait7600
    edited August 2013

O.O so ur saying this game allows forum bots? lol pwi has really sunk since I played it
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    O.O so ur saying this game allows forum bots? lol pwi has really sunk since I played it

1. what's the relation between whether forum bots are allowed and the game?
    2. saying that forum bots are allowed because of SweetieBot is like saying that game bots are allowd because of NPCs
    you only purge once #yopo