Looking for someone to make new characters with on Perfect World...

neuroquantum
neuroquantum Posts: 0 Arc User
edited July 2011 in General Discussion
I just got this game - In fact, I am still downloading it. I heard that playing the game by yourself with nobody else isn't really that fun... So, I am looking for another player that can make a new character with a newbie like me. Doesn't matter what class or race, I just want someone to play with me so we can go on an epic quest! Of course, I cannot be on 100% of the time, but I can in fact be on a lot of the time, I have a ton of time on my hands nowadays. So... Will anyone accept my request...?

Thank you very much!
Post edited by neuroquantum on

Comments

• Tadpole_ - Archosaur
    Tadpole_ - Archosaur Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    My advice to you is to join a faction, look for the faction names on top of the player names and ask to join or look at world chat(the yellow text) and keep an eye out for factions recruiting any level(R> all levels) and there should be new players in your starting area you can make friends with or squad with. Good luck
    Tadpole_ FTW
  • neuroquantum
    edited July 2011
    I don't really want to do that, because those are random people. I also don't really want to join some random faction, I would rather just make one of my own with a friend. If you can understand...
  • ColdSnow - Dreamweaver
    ColdSnow - Dreamweaver Posts: 983 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    I don't really want to do that, because those are random people. I also don't really want to join some random faction, I would rather just make one of my own with a friend. If you can understand...

To be honest, i wouldnt recommend that. if you start your own faction, you will lack knowledge as new player (even forums wont be able to cover it). Even if you start to play a char with someone ...he might not know everything. He is also a "random" person.
    Better you level your char to 20 till you get to Main City Arch. You will be able to find a faction that suits you more than a new one full of lvl1. They will be able to help you more as well. Some instances are to hard even to do it only with one friend.

There is no difference between you searching for players here or in game. They will be all random. Good luck.
    If i m trolling and spamming on forum...then i cant sleep and need a good laugh
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Yes, yes.

& why new characters?
    There be a lot more old characters running around.
    b:surrender
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • neuroquantum
    edited July 2011
    To be honest, i wouldnt recommend that. if you start your own faction, you will lack knowledge as new player (even forums wont be able to cover it). Even if you start to play a char with someone ...he might not know anything. He is also a "random" person.
    Better you level your char to 20 till you get to Main City Arch. You will be able to find a faction that suits you more than a new one full of lvl1. They will be able to help you more as well. Some instances you cant do only with one friend.

There is no difference between you searching for players here or in game. They will be all random. Good luck.

I am not entirely a newbie to games like this. I want to find a person on here to plan out before we start.
  • neuroquantum
    edited July 2011
    Yes, yes.

& why new characters?
    There be a lot more old characters running around.
    b:surrender

Because I am new and do not have a character yet... Oh, I think the game just finished downloading, too!
    edited July 2011
    Because I am new and do not have a character yet... Oh, I think the game just finished downloading, too!

But you can still play with people who have old characters.
    >:
    Also works out better to have people play at their own pace since tis rare to have people level at the same rate.
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • neuroquantum
    edited July 2011
    But you can still play with people who have old characters.
    >:
    Also works out better to have people play at their own pace since tis rare to have people level at the same rate.

Well, not very fair when they are level 90 and I am level 1, now is it? And if we have different paces, oh well.
    edited July 2011
    Well, not very fair when they are level 90 and I am level 1, now is it? And if we have different paces, oh well.

But not everyone is level 90.
    .-.
    58% chance to get tokens
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • neuroquantum
    edited July 2011
    But not everyone is level 90.
    .-.

Sooooo...? Humor me... b:surrender
  • The_Massacre - Raging Tide
    The_Massacre - Raging Tide Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Sooooo...? Humor me... b:surrender

honestly, I have to agree with ColdSnow, almost to the letter. When you hit arch, that is where a ton of your beginning experience comes from. Your beginner knowledge will swell and develop here, paving the way for you to better handle yourself later on, and is one of the best places to find squads (squad mates), factions, and much more. Try to make some good friends around your level, get their MSN, Skype, e-mail, etc. to try to keep in touch with them, and to better plan times for you both being on etc.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] - E.D.N.T.H.O.O.E.I.S.B: "Extreme Dex Nuke The Hell Out Of Everybody/Everything In Sight Build"

The path I chose is this, terrorizing anyone my daggers touch, sacrificing a pitiful bit of defense for amazingly high hits and crits, watching as everyone I come across hits the floor before they can react to my devastating hits, seeing them vanish in despair knowing they just got nuked. b:cool Yeah if this is wrong I don't want to be right. This is my build and the way I chose, 10x's are hating, but they don't know me. - Rated PG
  • neuroquantum
    edited July 2011
    honestly, I have to agree with ColdSnow, almost to the letter. When you hit arch, that is where a ton of your beginning experience comes from. Your beginner knowledge will swell and develop here, paving the way for you to better handle yourself later on, and is one of the best places to find squads (squad mates), factions, and much more. Try to make some good friends around your level, get their MSN, Skype, e-mail, etc. to try to keep in touch with them, and to better plan times for you both being on etc.

I will probably do that soon, but just for right now I want to find someone here first. Thank you for the tips! b:pleased
    edited July 2011
    b:shutup, honestly, when you finally get on, the first 1-19/20 levels are nothing, just do the quests. What you WILL need help with, is the fb 19's of each race (except the Fish (tusker)) You will need definite help with those, but there are usually people always looking, which is a plus.

I know that you want someone to level with you early on, possibly give you tips/pointers, but don't wait for it to happen if it doesn't, for it might, but in the case that nobody steps up to do so (*cough MagicHamsta*) then just head off on your own then mate.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] - E.D.N.T.H.O.O.E.I.S.B: "Extreme Dex Nuke The Hell Out Of Everybody/Everything In Sight Build"

The path I chose is this, terrorizing anyone my daggers touch, sacrificing a pitiful bit of defense for amazingly high hits and crits, watching as everyone I come across hits the floor before they can react to my devastating hits, seeing them vanish in despair knowing they just got nuked. b:cool Yeah if this is wrong I don't want to be right. This is my build and the way I chose, 10x's are hating, but they don't know me. - Rated PG
  • Mhai - Lost City
    Mhai - Lost City Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    I'll do it with you b:cute I'm bored with my main anyways. b:chuckle

What server and when are we meeting? Pacific time zone pls.
  • neuroquantum
    edited July 2011
    b:shutup, honestly, when you finally get on, the first 1-19/20 levels are nothing, just do the quests. What you WILL need help with, is the fb 19's of each race (except the Fish (tusker)) You will need definite help with those, but there are usually people always looking, which is a plus.

I know that you want someone to level with you early on, possibly give you tips/pointers, but don't wait for it to happen if it doesn't, for it might, but in the case that nobody steps up to do so (*cough MagicHamsta*) then just head off on your own then mate.

I am still deciding on which race and class should be beforehand. I would really like if anyone could join me...
  • neuroquantum
    edited July 2011
    I'll do it with you b:cute I'm bored with my main anyways. b:chuckle

What server and when are we meeting? Pacific time zone pls.

I have not yet chosen, please wait a few minutes...
  • Mhai - Lost City
    Mhai - Lost City Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2011

Just private message me so we don't spam this thread. b:victory

Oh btw, it's better if we play the same class so we'll start in the same city.
    edited July 2011

Do an Assassin!!! But since it sounds liek you will mainly play while squadding, I advise something more so along the lines of a seeker, blademaster, cleric, wizard, or psychic. (AOE specific class, or support/team roles.)

• neuroquantum
    edited July 2011

Ahem... I am not sure how to PM...
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited July 2011

You don't have to play the same class, just the same race to start off in the same city. And its' better to think of combos that play well together instead of worrying about the same city since you won't be there long anyway. One combo that might work for you guys is Mystic+Seeker, since they both start out in the same city. Which is something you both are insisting on for whatever reason, and you'd be able to duo a lot more stuff. Since Seekers are tanks and mystics are backup healers. Not as good as a seeker/barb/bm +cleric would be, but still mystics can heal quite a lot of different things just fine on their own if they know what they are doing. For the tougher things the seeker can tank, and the mystic can heal.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • neuroquantum
    edited July 2011
    I do not know how to PM... How about you just email me...?
  • neuroquantum
    edited July 2011
    I do not know how to PM... How about you just email me...?

I am on Heavens Tear.
  • neuroquantum
    edited July 2011
    I am on Heavens Tear.

I am thinking of being either an Assassin, Seeker, Bladesmaster, or Barbarian.

I mostly want to be a seeker... Any help?
    edited July 2011
    Do eeeeeeeeeeet, seeker for both def, damage, good AOE's debuffs, etc. Good for squadding if you learn the class well.

• BlazingSky - Dreamweaver
    BlazingSky - Dreamweaver Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    For new players, I recommend playing one of the original races that were made for the game (Human, Winged Elf, and Beastkind). The reason is that the developers did a better job back in those days. Of course if you just want to have easy gameplay, the new races are good for that.

Also, here's a tip to get you started. It can be hard to figure out how to place your stat points that you earn at each level. The easiest way to decide is to simply give your character enough points to be able to use the armor and weapon that are available at that level. The extra points can go to health and to your main attack stat.

As for meeting friends, you will naturally collect a list of names as you kill monsters in the fields, so you shouldn't have any problems with that.

Perfect World: The only place where farmers can get rich.
  • Amencat - Sanctuary
    Amencat - Sanctuary Posts: 484 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Just make 2 Accounts, on them 2 characters of the same race, but different class and play both at the same time, so you wont feel that lonely b:laugh
    Some Rules each PWI Gamer should know
    1. Dont break this rules & no matter what: DONT TRUST ANYONE!
    2. Dont pay wine or heads fee (like to get kicked after that?) b:chuckle
    3. Dont borrow items (since when return gms scammed stuff?) b:embarrass
    4. Dont use your password in faction-forums (like hacks?) b:fatb
    5. Dont give your mats to the tt-banker (obvious, not?) b:beg
    6. Dont wait for help, or heals, or any other miracles,... (for more examples just play pwi and you will hate the whole humanity) b:bye
  • Kiplixia - Heavens Tear
    Kiplixia - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Just make 2 Accounts, on them 2 characters of the same race, but different class and play both at the same time, so you wont feel that lonely b:laugh

Sorry to say, but that wasn't funny at all...

I made a Barbarian an a Seeker.