Dark Death Thorn

Comments

• _Perses_ - Lost City
    _Perses_ - Lost City Posts: 1,917 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Why are none of ya'll calculating in the different addon's that come with the weapons that you get :/?

The reason 4 aps Hitman Legend users are gonna keep aggro from 5 aps first cast NV users is BECAUSE of the add's. Seriously, factor in add-ons of the wep and the proc rate (if it's such an add-on) and you will quickly see that there is a far greater difference in the weapons.

Truthfully said in order of power:

1. r9
    2. Hitman Legend
    3. Second cast NV with GoF/Sac Strike (either or) and - int
    4. First cast NV.
    Nothing worthwhile to mention here, enjoy the animated signature~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Why are none of ya'll calculating in the different addon's that come with the weapons that you get :/?

The reason 4 aps Hitman Legend users are gonna keep aggro from 5 aps first cast NV users is BECAUSE of the add's. Seriously, factor in add-ons of the wep and the proc rate (if it's such an add-on) and you will quickly see that there is a far greater difference in the weapons.

1. r9
    2. Hitman Legend
    4. First cast NV.
    fixed, you do the math and try, g15 will out dps the r9 with those adds.

I'll do it for you, but correct me if i'm wrong. (this being done with GoF at 30% proc, also being done sparked cos single pve, when are you not sparked?)

Dark Death Thorns
    (((21,312-26008)/2)*1.59)= 37,619.4
    ((37,619.4*1.30)*1.32)= 64,554.9
    64,554.9*5= 322,774.5 DPS

R9 Daggers
    (((21,735+25822)/2)*1.89)= 44,941.4
    ((44,941.4*1.30)*1.33)= 77,703.6
    77,703.6*4= 310,814.5 DPS

Just incase you couldn't tell
    (((min attack+max attack)/2)*attack level)=a
    ((a*GoF Proc)*crit rate)=b
    b*aps=c

r9 is not number one, and HML is not even close to number 2. Since people feel the need to not read my first post i shall post this AGAIN.
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • Boogiepanda - Raging Tide
    Boogiepanda - Raging Tide Posts: 4,682 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    The guy accidentally calculated 30 attack levels into the G15 NV as well.
    Dark Death Thorns
    (((21,312-26008)/2)*1.59)= 37,619.4
    ((37,619.4*1.30)*1.32)= 64,554.9
    64,554.9*5= 322,774.5 DPS
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2011

That's the proc rate 30% chance to do double damage first line * 1.59 is the attack levels.
    BladedZero - Sanctuary

• Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    r9 is not number one, and HML is not even close to number 2. Since people feel the need to not read my first post i shall post this AGAIN.

Yeah and you'll spend all eternity trying to roll the G15 DDT with those exact mods. Seriously, you could probably buy R9 over a few times by the time you get a DDT like that.

As far as I'm concerned, Hitman Legend is a relic of the past. It's one of the worst investments you could have in the game for an assassin. It costs almost as much as Barrier Thorn: Nirvana, yet it's far inferior. If you're not ignoring costs, then Hitman Legend is also worse than R8. If you are ignoring costs, then Hitman Legend isn't even part of the discussion because it's just that bad.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited June 2011

1. r9
    2. Hitman Legend
    4. First cast NV.

how is 685-1028 with g15 refine rate (787 at +12) and a sac strike proc less than
    555 - 1117 (which includes the max attack adds) with a g13 (675 at +12) refine rate?

the 3rd add on the second cast doesn't even come into play. 2nd cast is better than hitman
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Arenaceous - Lost City
    Arenaceous - Lost City Posts: 632 Arc User
    edited June 2011

"Just incase you couldn't tell
    (((min attack+max attack)/2)*attack level)=a
    ((a*GoF Proc)*crit rate)=b
    b*aps=c"

He didn't...
    "Of course you should fight fire with fire. You should fight everything with fire."

"Some have said there is no subtlety to destruction. You know what? They're dead."

- Jaya Ballard, Task Mage
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2011
    Yeah and you'll spend all eternity trying to roll the G15 DDT with those exact mods. Seriously, you could probably buy R9 over a few times by the time you get a DDT like that.

As far as I'm concerned, Hitman Legend is a relic of the past. It's one of the worst investments you could have in the game for an assassin. It costs almost as much as Barrier Thorn: Nirvana, yet it's far inferior. If you're not ignoring costs, then Hitman Legend is also worse than R8. If you are ignoring costs, then Hitman Legend isn't even part of the discussion because it's just that bad.

This isn't about possibility or probability of getting the add-ons or weapon, if you say r9 is number one damage dagger in the game you are wrong and that proves it. If you bother to try the average 5600 raptures to reforge it and get the adds, that's completely up to you, but that doesn't somehow negate the fact that it deals more damage.
    BladedZero - Sanctuary

• Vasto_Lorde - Raging Tide
    Vasto_Lorde - Raging Tide Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    If you got -.05 int on it twice yes. Good luck with that.

on that....what am i missing thats not letting me get the 5 aps base because when i put it in on pwcalc (idunno if this is even correct at all or not) it only puts me at 3.33 so im just so confused :\
  • Broederjr - Lost City
    Broederjr - Lost City Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    This isn't about possibility or probability of getting the add-ons or weapon, if you say r9 is number one damage dagger in the game you are wrong and that proves it. If you bother to try the average 5600 raptures to reforge it and get the adds, that's completely up to you, but that doesn't somehow negate the fact that it deals more damage.

Actually i see his point 30attlv on 4.00 is 4times 30 120att lvs more a sec aka 5.5 aps as G15 nv dagger this is only weapon tho.So that 30 att lv ad is more then he calculated in his calculations as 1 att lv deals 1% more damage
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2011
    on that....what am i missing thats not letting me get the 5 aps base because when i put it in on pwcalc (idunno if this is even correct at all or not) it only puts me at 3.33 so im just so confused :\

1 -int = 3.33 base 5 sparked
    2 -int = 4.0 base 5 sparked
    2 -int = 4.0 base sage spared is still 4.0 base but 5 if you use genie skill or other skill that increase interval
    BladedZero - Sanctuary

• Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited June 2011

Um... that's kinda the point I'm trying to make.

R9 actually exists and is pretty common even.

The dagger in Pytharia's PWCalc... well, you show me anyone in the game with that.

It's pretty pointless to go all "Well R9 isn't the best, there's this thing that doesn't even exist but it could, that is better".
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • Vasto_Lorde - Raging Tide
    Vasto_Lorde - Raging Tide Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    1 -int = 3.33 base 5 sparked
    2 -int = 4.0 base 5 sparked
    2 -int = 4.0 base sage spared is still 4.0 base but 5 if you use genie skill or other skill that increase interval

disappointing.... but whatever... i guess ill just have to contemplate on other things and see how they would work out.
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2011
    Actually i see his point 30attlv on 4.00 is 4times 30 120att lvs more a sec aka 5.5 aps as G15 nv dagger this is only weapon tho.So that 30 att lv ad is more then he calculated in his calculations as 1 att lv deals 1% more damage

He used 1.89 (89 atk lvls) vs 1.59 (59 atk lvls) in the calc. Everything that effects damage is in there.
    BladedZero - Sanctuary

• Broederjr - Lost City
    edited June 2011
    He used 1.89 (89 atk lvls) vs 1.59 (59 atk lvls) in the calc. Everything that effects damage is in there.

again it cant out DD that 30 att lvs more its already been proven on lost city 1aps isnt going to make up that 30att lv
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2011
    Um... that's kinda the point I'm trying to make.

R9 actually exists and is pretty common even.

The dagger in Pytharia's PWCalc... well, you show me anyone in the game with that.

It's pretty pointless to go all "Well R9 isn't the best, there's this thing that doesn't even exist but it could, that is better".

Are you saying that G15 doesn't deal more damage? Right there are the numbers in front of you for the calc. This is all my arguement is about.

And there are 3 GoF -int daggers in this game 2 are on harshlands last someone told me.
    BladedZero - Sanctuary

• Broederjr - Lost City
    edited June 2011
    Are you saying that G15 doesn't deal more damage? And there are 3 GoF -int daggers in this game 2 are on harshlands last someone told me.

TheMountains sin on Lost City has GOf int and max attack he loses aggro to a rank9 sin dont know bout PvE servers tho
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2011
    TheMountains sin on Lost City has GOf int and max attack he loses aggro to a rank9 sin dont know bout PvE servers tho

You are starting to get into what I did in that thread, but raw damage is sound it does more. Now you start to get into builds. We are talking about same sin using either one of the items with same gear. Obviously r9 sin with 500+ dex will out DD if the person wiht G15 has 450 dex and uses forest wisdom for instance, and if one has frenzy as well.

The point being made this dagger CAN exist and the RAW damage is better

You guys feel free to argue more about builds what's easier to get and cost stuff, none of that is the point of that damage comparison.
    BladedZero - Sanctuary

• Ezehc - Lost City
    Ezehc - Lost City Posts: 238 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    yes yes, everyone should spend 250 raptures to make a 2nd cast nv dagger, and then spend an average of 100-200 recasts to get a GOF/-int stats together for an average cost of over 2 billion because it has about as much dps as the r9 dagger which cost 700m and has 2m more range. yeah it's totally worth it.
    Lost City Cheze Refining Service. Save up to 40% of orb cost for refines up to +9.

tinyurl.com/chezerefine
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2011
    yes yes, everyone should spend 250 raptures to make a 2nd cast nv dagger, and then spend an average of 100-200 recasts to get a GOF/-int stats together for an average cost of over 2 billion because it has about as much dps as the r9 dagger which cost 700m and has 2m more range. yeah it's totally worth it.

I never said it was the best economical way to do that much damage, I just said it does the most. Sarcasm doesn't make the numbers change. I'll probably end up with my g13 i have now G15s and r9, due to r9 being better for TW, G15s if I solo and G13 against certain bosses I don't want SS/GoF for dealing with.
    BladedZero - Sanctuary

• Razorburn - Dreamweaver
    Razorburn - Dreamweaver Posts: 188 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Honesty not sure g13 nirvy,g15 niry, rank8 or 9 really have that noticable of difference when they are +12 with darkflames. the difference is so little that it gets ate up by reaction time,lag,slight differences in random gear stats,choices of genies,debufs, etc.
    The important part is that you have good internet,good pc,+12,garnets an higher, an alittle bit of skill an reflexs.
    Ive never regretted having 4.0 unsparked with my nirvy g13 even if any of the others could be slightly better for me on paper.
  • Ashivas - Dreamweaver
    Ashivas - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,293 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    If you got -.05 int on it twice yes. Good luck with that.
    Technically only need it once, if you had the tome.

The odds of getting +20 atk level/SS/GoF and ONE -.05 int aren't all that bad. You'd still be 5aps.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ashura Tyrant you foul mouthed little boy! I must keel yew nao =3
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2011
    Honesty not sure g13 nirvy,g15 niry, rank8 or 9 really have that noticable of difference when they are +12 with darkflames. the difference is so little that it gets ate up by reaction time,lag,slight differences in random gear stats,choices of genies,debufs, etc.
    The important part is that you have good internet,good pc,+12,garnets an higher, an alittle bit of skill an reflexs.
    Ive never regretted having 4.0 unsparked with my nirvy g13 even if any of the others could be slightly better for me on paper.

I lol'd
    BladedZero - Sanctuary

• MissTriss - Harshlands
    MissTriss - Harshlands Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    I did a recast of dark death thorns.. it took me 55 trys to get sac .05 int and of all things.. str... i wasnt doing it again since they werent even for me b:surrender
  • Rice_hero - Lost City
    Rice_hero - Lost City Posts: 140 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    to answer your question; 20 atk lvl if i recall correctly is lower than 5% but very close to GoF. -.05 interval is 11%? , Raptures aren't cheap either so at the end of the day, unless you get super lucky, you'll almost never see the best adds pop up (GoF or atk lvl +20 w/ -.05 interval), regular sacrifical strike is easy to get around 40%?, and maybe if you're lucky you'll get that with -.05 interval within 10 recasts. still.. 70 raps for 10 recasts.. >> I've heard of people getting the adds on their first tries, under the 10ths try, some in the 20s & even 30s. I kind of hate how everything is so much based on luck. I think I'll stick to working towards my near future R.9 dagger.
    So basically, if you go 2nd cast daggers you're settling for sacrifical strike , -.05 interval, + another random.
    It won't be hard to get but who knows, luck may take you 1 try or 50+.
  • Abstractive - Archosaur
    Abstractive - Archosaur Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Wow, I come back a day later and already so many replies. Thanks to everyone and SashaGray especially for pointing out exactly what I was trying to find.

As Cheze already mentioned, it may be more expensive than rank 9 to try and get "the best" stats on DDT. However, I don't plan on spending hundreds of raptures for said stats. If I don't get reasonable stats in 15 to 20 quenches, I'll just stop there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Bodyguard for Secret Passage at your service, now accepting daily installments of just 2.5m for your leisure.
  • LovelyDeath_ - Harshlands
    LovelyDeath_ - Harshlands Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    I got my Sacrificial Strike + -0.05 interval + HP 350 with 11 tries... I am happy with the stats.
  • Baalbak - Dreamweaver
    Baalbak - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Wow, I come back a day later and already so many replies. Thanks to everyone and SashaGray especially for pointing out exactly what I was trying to find.

As Cheze already mentioned, it may be more expensive than rank 9 to try and get "the best" stats on DDT. However, I don't plan on spending hundreds of raptures for said stats. If I don't get reasonable stats in 15 to 20 quenches, I'll just stop there.

fac mate of mine did about 11 recasts on his DDTs. 1 of them was -.05, but with mag stats. about half were Sac. Assault. the ones he's sitting on right now are Sac. Assault, Atk Level +2, Maximum Physical Attack +109. you can still get to 4.0 sparked (thus permasparked) without the -int if you have the rest of the -int stuff and should still out damage your 5.0 stage 1 weapon when you factor in the sac proc.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired..
  • Boogiepanda - Raging Tide
    Boogiepanda - Raging Tide Posts: 4,682 Arc User
    edited June 2011

I found this on my server

http://i53.tinypic.com/293edc5.jpg

Pretty simila
    r
  • Sunaro - Lost City
    Sunaro - Lost City Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    I remember seeing a thread somewhere that had a SS of Dark Death Thorns with Sac Assault and 2x -0.05 interval... Was a while ago, and too tired to go digging for it.
    Zektera - Blademaster
    Djeserit - Assassin
    TranquilSoul - Barbarian
    Torsti - Cleric
    Heartbourne - Seeker
This discussion has been closed.