Let's talk FC glitch (read first)

Psytrac - Dreamweaver
Psytrac - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,488 Arc User
edited December 2011 in General Discussion
For those that know this glitch it's game-breaking, there is no chance hat it will be fixed within the next few days, so the damage is done, (or will be VERY soon).

This completely breaks TW, as it was meant to be a test of skill, not who can hit 105 first.

What does everyone thing they are going to do to fix this, and balance the levels again? Or is it going to be "Oh well, don't use it, and deal with the consequences of those that did find and use it"

This post does not break ANY of the ToS, or community rules, so I would hope that it does not get locked, I would like some opinions from players and/or the GMs.

01010100011010000110010100100000011000010110111001110011011101110110010101110010
00100000011010010111001100100000011010010110111000100000011101000110100001100101
I'm a guy, not a woman, that is all
"When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
Are you on Team Bring it?
Post edited by Psytrac - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Yogaxpto - Dreamweaver
    Yogaxpto - Dreamweaver Posts: 273 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    I didn't get the sense of the topic: There's a glitch on FC or Is FC the glitch?
    Trolling since September 2008b:victory

Don't worry. I might stop trolling and say something useful... One day....
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2011
    I didn't get the sense of the topic: There's a glitch on FC or Is FC the glitch?
    there is a glitch IN FC
    "When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
  • krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited June 2011
    There is a glitch in FC, and that much has been acknowledged by frankieraye. However, discussing how they are going to fix it would encourage those who are currently using it to get it in a few last times before the fix, and would possibly allow others to exploit the glitch who wouldn't have heard of it otherwise. Because of this, I don't honestly think you'll get a GM response to that effect. However, I will leave this thread open, and let frankie know that you guys are looking for answers. If there are any posts about how to perform the glitch, they will be removed.
  • NOTREAL - Archosaur
    NOTREAL - Archosaur Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    TW is a test of who can get the most R9 lol. It's not about skill or number of 105s.

There really isn't much of a benefit to being 105 outside of stealth and sins already had an easy time solo FCCing up to 105.

Actually, at least on HL, skill is proving to ruin R9 allover the place. Valhalla is dying pretty damn fast and the entire faction is high refine/r9 requisite and the like b:chuckle

As for the other point, I agree entirely. Only class getting anything exceptional out of this is assassins and all it will really do is level the playing field for those who have the aps to hit 105 and kill all the others and those who have the skills to play but get jumped/2shot because they cannot level as fast b:chuckle

I look forward to one particular 104HL Sin getting his *** handed repeatedly since he wont be able to jump everyone for much longer...
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2011
    "a few more times" is not necessarily, it is a way to hit 105 pretty much instantly, I'm looking more for answers as to what is going to be done to normalize things that have been effected by the glitch. I know the only real way that it can be fixed, pretty much. it's a bug that effects more than just the glitch mob, this however is the only one that can be used to exploit the system. (some mobs regen on their own but are still kill-able, as they are still attacking and taking more than they regen)
  • Daedallus - Sanctuary
    Daedallus - Sanctuary Posts: 554 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Oh my.... another glitch... how long to fix it this time?
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    "a few more times" is not necessarily, it is a way to hit 105 pretty much instantly, I'm looking more for answers as to what is going to be done to normalize things that have been effected by the glitch. I know the only real way that it can be fixed, pretty much. it's a bug that effects more than just the glitch mob, this however is the only one that can be used to exploit the system. (some mobs regen on their own but are still kill-able, as they are still attacking and taking more than they regen)

There is nothing instant about getting to 105 with the glitch, it's just a faster way (using less time per day) to get the same experience you would otherwise. Sins will still solo and get much more experience a day then anyone else, so nothing has really changed other then the amount of time you would need to spend in FC. People can still get more experience duoing FC.
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    For those that know this glitch it's game-breaking, there is no chance hat it will be fixed within the next few days, so the damage is done, (or will be VERY soon).

This completely breaks TW, as it was meant to be a test of skill, not who can hit 105 first.

What does everyone thing they are going to do to fix this, and balance the levels again? Or is it going to be "Oh well, don't use it, and deal with the consequences of those that did find and use it"

This post does not break ANY of the ToS, or community rules, so I would hope that it does not get locked, I would like some opinions from players and/or the GMs.

It will be locked like mine post. A also didn't brake any ToS and they locked it. They want to keep it in secret as long as possible, because they have NO SOLUTION.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2011
    It will be locked like mine post. A also didn't brake any ToS and they locked it. They want to keep it in secret as long as possible, because they have NO SOLUTION.

There is a very easy fix....if they seriously can't think of it there is something very wrong with their devs.
    BladedZero - Sanctuary

• budi66
    budi66 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    The level 105s you see on the ranking page are GMs not players. Does Dreamweaver even have any real 105s yet?

DATALEC b:cute
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2011
    The level 105s you see on the ranking page are GMs not players. Does Dreamweaver even have any real 105s yet?

/chars
    BladedZero - Sanctuary

edited June 2011
    KrittyCat wrote: »
    There is a glitch in FC, and that much has been acknowledged by frankieraye. However, discussing how they are going to fix it would encourage those who are currently using it to get it in a few last times before the fix, and would possibly allow others to exploit the glitch who wouldn't have heard of it otherwise. Because of this, I don't honestly think you'll get a GM response to that effect. However, I will leave this thread open, and let frankie know that you guys are looking for answers. If there are any posts about how to perform the glitch, they will be removed.

I would like to know why is talking about glitch against the Tos?
    Is not OBLIGATION of GM to remove the glitch immediately? Or truth is, that they cannot do anything without China patch, which could take months to get it fixed? Tell us truth. If GM could change the code of game, they could fix it fast. Why you don't tell us, that these GM's cannot do anything so they are trying to lock every thread about the glitch.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2011
    OMG SO MANY INSTANT 105s !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! TW IS BROKEN, THINK OF THE BALANCE!

Tell me about it, I think barbs should get r10 before anyone else...just so we have a few weeks of fun in TW...and you know don't get completely wrecked by 10 r9s.
    BladedZero - Sanctuary

edited June 2011
    There is a very easy fix....if they seriously can't think of it there is something very wrong with their devs.
    Sure. China dev. can have solution, but NOT these GM's which just renting this game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2011
    Sure. China dev. can have solution, but NOT these GM's which just renting this game.

These GMs aren't paid to do that the Chinese devs are.....
    BladedZero - Sanctuary

• Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2011
    There is nothing instant about getting to 105 with the glitch, it's just a faster way (using less time per day) to get the same experience you would otherwise. Sins will still solo and get much more experience a day then anyone else, so nothing has really changed other then the amount of time you would need to spend in FC. People can still get more experience duoing FC.
    I'm tempted to create another sin on my other account, and use this glitch just once to see how high I can get 1 run. (an have no intent on keeping it) granted it's not "instant" but nothing ever is. on the other hand you HAVE to admit it's a much faster rate than just doing a normal FC.
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2011
    OMG SO MANY INSTANT 105s !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! TW IS BROKEN, THINK OF THE BALANCE!
    think of how many there could be in a month
  • LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    i kindof hope they "fix" this thing by just severely nerfing the XP you get out of the "glitch"-summoned mobs, but otherwise leave the technique functioning. because it seems like a pretty challenging and potentially fun grinding method to do just for the bragging rights, at least from the screenshots i've seen.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
    edited June 2011
    These GMs aren't paid to do that the Chinese devs are.....

That's the main problem of this game. They cannot do anything. So they cannot respond to player needs. They cannot change the code, so they are practically useless. This game needs lot of fixes and rebalanced classed. I never heard about 1!!! suggestion from players of PWI which would be implemented into the game. And this is alfa and omega of all problems and glitches. The truth is, they cannot do anything, because the are not dev.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2011
    I'm tempted to create another sin on my other account, and use this glitch just once to see how high I can get 1 run. (an have no intent on keeping it) granted it's not "instant" but nothing ever is. on the other hand you HAVE to admit it's a much faster rate than just doing a normal FC.

No it's not my wife and I duo FC every day we spend 2 hours using our 1 hour and get 25m exp a day. b:bye
    BladedZero - Sanctuary

• Synta - Dreamweaver
    Synta - Dreamweaver Posts: 231 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    It's certainly challenging, but as soon as you figure out a working strategy you're set.
    The first time I experienced this was it glitching accidentally, and while it struck me that it could be exploited, I dismissed it as impossible at the time b:chuckle
    b:pleasedb:pleasedb:pleased
  • Boogiepanda - Raging Tide
    Boogiepanda - Raging Tide Posts: 4,682 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    So what if there is a glitch in FC? I think sin's shadow escape should be fixed first ._.
  • brazenbusboy
    brazenbusboy Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    "Way better than reality TV" says the Wainscotting Daily.

Extra points for repeated breathless delivery.

This is total BS, hear-say, and sock puppetry. Video, or it never happened.

This is not the ONLY web site on earth, so post it some real information somewhere else, and we can google it.
    Just some guy
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2011
    it's not points, but the level difference that is going to be the problem. this game relies more on levels than stat points
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2011
    No it doesn't.
    yes, it does. and I have 2 cases to prove this:

1: at level 30 my psy couldn't touch mobs at 40, WITHOUT a stat increase just 2 levels later it could.
    2: my sin can kill lvl 90 mobs now, but level 95/96 mobs, which do LESS damage it cannot kill.
  • whatchagonado
    whatchagonado Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    No one cares about mobs.
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2011
    No one cares about mobs.
    game is PvE more than it is PvP.

if you don'tcare about mobs you're playing the wrong game.
  • zerosky
    zerosky Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    People who abuse the FC glitch should be banned! b:pleased
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Lol if you're level 85 do you think it matters if your opponent is 103 or 105? You're 1 shot either way.

In PVP if you are within 2 levels of your opponent you won't notice any difference unless you're talking about stealth.

There are no mobs in the game where it makes a difference if you are 103 or 105.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • OiOOio - Raging Tide
    OiOOio - Raging Tide Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    ...There are no mobs in the game where it makes a difference if you are 103 or 105.

U can kill them faster & its less HP/MP cost & faster farming them... LoL.b:laugh