The way of the seeker

1235»

Comments

• Nandii - Sanctuary
    Nandii - Sanctuary Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Hi there everybody...

Am newb so i started as seeker... I have buildet my character as Heavy armor 5str 3dex 2 Vit... So far goood. but on some quest i die so easily haha :))

I think its my lack of bad player lol.b:chuckle

Am keep checking on this Post... please give me tip and advice if you have

What kind of blade armor should i buy etc. Thank you!b:victory
  • obliviondemon
    obliviondemon Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    guys is it good to follow and put the points like in this website ?

here>>>>>>>>>>>
  • Nandii - Sanctuary
    Nandii - Sanctuary Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    guys is it good to follow and put the points like in this website ?

here>>>>>>>>>>>

Thank you!
  • Knightblayde - Raging Tide
    Knightblayde - Raging Tide Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    The creator of this thread is no longer maintaining it, so some of the information may be lacking or out of date. However, feel free to browse through my guide here for more information and I will gladly answer your questions, too b:pleased.
  • ratghost
    ratghost Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    For Heavy armor build for damage dealing

On this build no or very little VIT would be added (e.g. capped at 20 VIT).

On even levels add 3 STR, 2 DEX.
    On odd levels add 4 STR, 1 DEX.
    could i go every two lvls 7 str and 3 dex? b:puzzled
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    Escorian - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    ratghost wrote: »
    For Heavy armor build for damage dealing

could i go every two lvls 7 str and 3 dex? b:puzzled

im a HA STR Build Seeker i have 5 Vit (base) and i have 7k buffed hp. i use the 7 str 3 dex build and i hit like a ****ing truck. b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
  • Tylom - Lost City
    Tylom - Lost City Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Just that alone made me not take your post seriously, among other things of course.b:bye

I know its old. But really, at that time isn't that what you heard as-well?
    Just saying..
  • MagicStefi - Raging Tide
    MagicStefi - Raging Tide Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Can the spreadsheet also be used for the blademaster???? Please help!!
  • Dedz - Raging Tide
    Dedz - Raging Tide Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Can the spreadsheet also be used for the blademaster???? Please help!!

It would be better not to though. Especially if you decide to change weapons at endgame.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

You will never catch me. But if you do, someone else will take my place. b:chuckle
  • MagicStefi - Raging Tide
    MagicStefi - Raging Tide Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Ok, But can anybody give me the adress of the spredd sheet just like the one for seeker ( heavy build) but for a blademaster
    PLease, Thnak you
  • imthatoneguycj
    imthatoneguycj Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Hello. when you listed the skills and their priorities i was just wondering about one that was not on the list. Its called Spark Burst. I was wondering what priority level is that one. Please let me know.. thanks :) ~P.S I found the rest of the Guide Wonderful and helpful.
  • gregrossi88
    gregrossi88 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Have you tried this **** to add unlimited ZEN to Perfect World? That worked for me! ************************** WTF
  • Bioxic - Archosaur
    Bioxic - Archosaur Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    If you plan on going nirvy alot ..i suggest you make QPQ a top priority b:victory FTW SEEKERS-BM
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • GallaxXIII - Sanctuary
    GallaxXIII - Sanctuary Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    you forgot pure dd build.

oh wait....

im the only one...
    Objective: Complete
  • LDooMl - Harshlands
    LDooMl - Harshlands Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    This guide WAS ok until the skill guide.....it fails super hard here. Qpq low priority? LOL
    Battousai low priority? LOL Bladed fervor and adrenal numbess NOT hi priority? LOL I say this guide does not deserve a sticky. No wonder good seekers are a rarity
  • LDooMl - Harshlands
    edited May 2012
    Gallax gtfo with that i was the first pure etta seeker on any server. Just go world chat my name in harshlands. Maybe if zeo is back he will yell you.
  • LDooMl - Harshlands
    edited May 2012
    Strength* tell*
  • ares0529
    ares0529 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    b:laughb:laughb:laugh
    This guide is no longer maintained. Anyone is invited to take it over, republish it or just to use part of this info to create another guide.

Source code is available on pastebin.

The nature of the seeker

Discussion about seeker roles and play style.

Seekers are melee characters that wear heavy armor. They put themselves in harm's way and also use buffs and debuffs to support the squad, especially the casters. They mostly deal physical damage but also have skills that inflict magical damage.

Their roles include support, damage dealing, AOE and secondary tank.

Strengths and weaknesses

This section will be speculative until more information and experience is available.

PROS

⊲ Good survivability.
    ⊲ Rewards focus and reflexes.
    ⊲ Enhances the squad's performance (especially of casters).
    ⊲ Great visual effects.

CONS

⊲ Not the highest DPS.
    ⊲ May not be able to hold aggro for tanking.

Builds

Discussion about armor, weapons and stats.

Seeker Builds Spreadsheet

Heavy armor build for survivability

The standard seeker wears heavy armor and wields a sword or blade. This build requires 5 STR and 3 DEX every 2 levels. The remaining stat points can be invested in VIT for survivability until endgame gear is available, at which point they can be transferred to STR for damage.

On odd levels add 2 STR, 1 DEX, 2 VIT.

Seekers get 15 HP for each VIT point.

Heavy armor build for damage dealing

This build would do extra damage at AOEs but would require refining the equipment for extra HP.

Light armor build

More information required.

Other proposed builds

⊲ A slightly altered sword bm build - something like capping vit at 50 then 3 str 2 dex every level.

⊲ A LA variant is also possible post 74, when the defense level buff maxes and you have that to make up for your lost phys defense.

⊲ 5 str 5 dex: kinda squishy with high accuracy and crit

⊲ 5 str 4 dex 1 vit: less squishy with good crit and high accuracy

⊲ 5 str 3 dex 2 vit (my build): good HP, ok crit, good accuracy

⊲ 4 str 4 dex 2 vit: good HP, light armor, good crit, high accuracy

⊲ 4 str 5 dex 1 vit: decent HP, light armor, great crit, great accuracy

⊲ 4 str 6 dex: very squishy, low HP, light armor, even greater crit, awesome accuracy but kinda dumb

Skills

Description of skills and recommendations on priorities.

For detailed information see the ecatomb skill database.

All seeker skills require a sword to be equipped.

Priorities:
    ⊲ High priority: Get it and raise it as soon it's available.
    ⊲ Medium priority: Get it and raise it when you have free spirit/coin and no other high priority skills to get.
    ⊲ Low priority: Don't bother, only raise its level at endgame. Only get level 1 if it is required to get another skill.
    ⊲ Keep at level 1: Get it as soon as available but don't raise its level because it's effective at level 1.

Level 1+

Rock Splitting Cleave
    Melee attack. Deals physical damage. Keep at level 1

Level 9+

Staggering Strike
    Melee attack. Deals physical damage. When the enemy has the Eye of Northern Sky status, deals extra damage, immobilizes the target and reduces the target's defense. High priority

Unfetter
    Self-buff. Improves your movement speed for a short time. Low priority

Level 13+

Northern Sky Waltz
    Self-buff. Lasts 10 minutes. Gives each attack a chance to add the Eye of the Northern Sky status on the enemy. Using Staggering Strike while the status is active will deal extra damage, immobilize the target and decrease its defense level. High priority

Level 19+

Bladed Fervor
    Active blessing. Increases critical rate, attack level and defense level. Low priority

Battousai
    Ranged attack. Deals physical and metal damage. Medium priority

Blade Affinity
    Self-buff. Decreases chanelling time for a short time. Low priority

Level 24+

Heart Shatter
    Mob debuff. Lowers target's metal and physical resistance. Medium priority

Level 29+

Parchedblade Dance
    Self-buff. Lasts 10 minutes. Gives each attack a chance to add the Bloodlet status on the enemy. Using Stalagstrike while the status is active will deal extra damage and immobilize the target. High priority

Blade and Sword Mastery
    Passive Effect. Increases damage. High priority

Ion Spike
    Ranged AOE attack. Deals metal damage. Reduces enemies' metal resistance. Consumes 1 spark. Medium priority

Stalagstrike
    AOE attack. Deals physical damage. When the enemy has the Bloodlet status, deals extra damage and stuns the target. High priority

Adrenal Numbness
    Self-buff. Increases defense level. Medium priority

Level 39+

Saber Rattle
    Squad buff. Increases attack level. Consumes 1 Mirage Celestone. Low priority

Mind Shatter
    Mob debuff. Lowers target's wood and water resistance. Low priority

Heartseeker
    Ranged attack. Deals metal damage. Has a chance to immobilize the target. High priority

Darkcloud Bolt
    AOE attack. Deals physical damage. Low priority

Voidstep
    Ranged attack. Warps you to your target. Stuns the target. Unavailable in certain areas. Consumes 1 Spark. Medium priority

Level 49+

Soulsever Minuet
    Self-buff. Lasts 10 minutes. Gives each attack a chance to add the Spirit Bore status on the enemy. Using Gemini Slash while the status is active will deal extra damage and reduce the target's attack and defense level. High priority

Gemini Slash
    Ranged AOE attack. Deals physical damage. When the enemy has the Spirit Bore status, deals extra metal damage and and reduces the target's attack and defense level. High priority

Level 59+

Krav Maga
    Squad buff. Increases defense level. Consumes 1 Mirage Celestone. Keep at level 1

Soul Shatter
    Mob debuff. Lowers target's fire and earth resistance. Medium priority

Edged Blur
    AOE attack. Deals physical and metal damage. Damages stealthed assassins and reveals them. Consumes 2 sparks. Medium priority

Yataghan Vortex
    AOE attack. Deals constant physical damage. Consumes 2 sparks. Medium priority

Quid Pro Quo
    Debuff. Transfers debuffs to the target and silences the target. Low priority

Stances

Discussion of seeker combat stances.

Combos

Review/guide of seeker attack combos.

Genies

Suggested genie skills:

⊲ Tree of Protection
    ⊲ Absolute Domain
    ⊲ Tangling Mire
    ⊲ Occult Ice
    ⊲ Cloud Eruption
    ⊲ Holy Path

(STR-based genie)

Tactics

Discussion of situational tactics, hints.

AOE

Seeker's zhen should have higher damage output at lvl 90+ thanks to higher crit rate and usage of TT90 gold swords which have zerk.

Sage and Demon

Review of strength/weaknesses and play styles of sage and demon choices.

Instance running

Specific advices for roles in BHs, TT, FC and higher level instances.

PVP

On 1v1 PVP, the lack of solid DPS, no reliable source of stuns, and the lack of any anti-stun put them at a very difficult position against 5.0 melee fighters.

Territory Wars

Gemini Slash and heavy armor make seekers very dangerous opponents in TW. They can deal heavy AOE damage at no chi cost with a 15 seconds cooldown and with a survivability edge over wizards and psychics due to heavy harmor.

Endgame

Information specific to choices at endgame: alternate builds, preferred equipments, etc.

Supply Stash

⊲ Level 5: Perfect Military Claymore - PATK 45-65, req. STR 16 DEX 13.

⊲ Level 10: 10 x Teleport Incense - teleports you to the nearest city.

⊲ Level 15: Aileron Kite - aerogear +0.50 m/s.

⊲ Level 20: 100 Medium Healing Potion, 100 Medium Mana Potion, Perfect Officer's Claymore - PATK 132-196, PATK +10, HP+65, req. STR 43 DEX 33.

⊲ Level 25: Raw Shard, 2 Resurrection Scrolls.

FAQ

Questions and answers:

⊲ Can they use claws or fists? No, they can only use swords, dual swords, blades and dual blades.

⊲ Can they get 5 APS? No.

⊲ Do they require points in MAG? No, even their metal-based AOEs are based on physical damage.

⊲ Can they be buffed with bloodpaint? Yes.

⊲ When they use that lord of sword thing do they get healed from ALL the mobs? Yes.

⊲ What does the third eye do? It's called "God's Eye" and it's purely cosmetic.
  • Arshavir - Archosaur
    Arshavir - Archosaur Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    This guide is no longer maintained. Anyone is invited to take it over, republish it or just to use part of this info to create another guide.

Source code is available on pastebin.

The nature of the seeker

Discussion about seeker roles and play style.

Seekers are melee characters that wear heavy armor. They put themselves in harm's way and also use buffs and debuffs to support the squad, especially the casters. They mostly deal physical damage but also have skills that inflict magical damage.

Their roles include support, damage dealing, AOE and secondary tank.

Strengths and weaknesses

This section will be speculative until more information and experience is available.

PROS

⊲ Good survivability.
    ⊲ Rewards focus and reflexes.
    ⊲ Enhances the squad's performance (especially of casters).
    ⊲ Great visual effects.

CONS

⊲ Not the highest DPS.
    ⊲ May not be able to hold aggro for tanking.

Builds

Discussion about armor, weapons and stats.

Seeker Builds Spreadsheet

Heavy armor build for survivability

The standard seeker wears heavy armor and wields a sword or blade. This build requires 5 STR and 3 DEX every 2 levels. The remaining stat points can be invested in VIT for survivability until endgame gear is available, at which point they can be transferred to STR for damage.

On odd levels add 2 STR, 1 DEX, 2 VIT.

Seekers get 15 HP for each VIT point.

Heavy armor build for damage dealing

This build would do extra damage at AOEs but would require refining the equipment for extra HP.

Light armor build

More information required.

Other proposed builds

⊲ A slightly altered sword bm build - something like capping vit at 50 then 3 str 2 dex every level.

⊲ A LA variant is also possible post 74, when the defense level buff maxes and you have that to make up for your lost phys defense.

⊲ 5 str 5 dex: kinda squishy with high accuracy and crit

⊲ 5 str 4 dex 1 vit: less squishy with good crit and high accuracy

⊲ 5 str 3 dex 2 vit (my build): good HP, ok crit, good accuracy

⊲ 4 str 4 dex 2 vit: good HP, light armor, good crit, high accuracy

⊲ 4 str 5 dex 1 vit: decent HP, light armor, great crit, great accuracy

⊲ 4 str 6 dex: very squishy, low HP, light armor, even greater crit, awesome accuracy but kinda dumb

Skills

Description of skills and recommendations on priorities.

For detailed information see the ecatomb skill database.

All seeker skills require a sword to be equipped.

Priorities:
    ⊲ High priority: Get it and raise it as soon it's available.
    ⊲ Medium priority: Get it and raise it when you have free spirit/coin and no other high priority skills to get.
    ⊲ Low priority: Don't bother, only raise its level at endgame. Only get level 1 if it is required to get another skill.
    ⊲ Keep at level 1: Get it as soon as available but don't raise its level because it's effective at level 1.

Level 1+

Rock Splitting Cleave
    Melee attack. Deals physical damage. Keep at level 1

Level 9+

Staggering Strike
    Melee attack. Deals physical damage. When the enemy has the Eye of Northern Sky status, deals extra damage, immobilizes the target and reduces the target's defense. High priority

Unfetter
    Self-buff. Improves your movement speed for a short time. Low priority

Level 13+

Northern Sky Waltz
    Self-buff. Lasts 10 minutes. Gives each attack a chance to add the Eye of the Northern Sky status on the enemy. Using Staggering Strike while the status is active will deal extra damage, immobilize the target and decrease its defense level. High priority

Level 19+

Bladed Fervor
    Active blessing. Increases critical rate, attack level and defense level. Low priority

Battousai
    Ranged attack. Deals physical and metal damage. Medium priority

Blade Affinity
    Self-buff. Decreases chanelling time for a short time. Low priority

Level 24+

Heart Shatter
    Mob debuff. Lowers target's metal and physical resistance. Medium priority

Level 29+

Parchedblade Dance
    Self-buff. Lasts 10 minutes. Gives each attack a chance to add the Bloodlet status on the enemy. Using Stalagstrike while the status is active will deal extra damage and immobilize the target. High priority

Blade and Sword Mastery
    Passive Effect. Increases damage. High priority

Ion Spike
    Ranged AOE attack. Deals metal damage. Reduces enemies' metal resistance. Consumes 1 spark. Medium priority

Stalagstrike
    AOE attack. Deals physical damage. When the enemy has the Bloodlet status, deals extra damage and stuns the target. High priority

Adrenal Numbness
    Self-buff. Increases defense level. Medium priority

Level 39+

Saber Rattle
    Squad buff. Increases attack level. Consumes 1 Mirage Celestone. Low priority

Mind Shatter
    Mob debuff. Lowers target's wood and water resistance. Low priority

Heartseeker
    Ranged attack. Deals metal damage. Has a chance to immobilize the target. High priority

Darkcloud Bolt
    AOE attack. Deals physical damage. Low priority

Voidstep
    Ranged attack. Warps you to your target. Stuns the target. Unavailable in certain areas. Consumes 1 Spark. Medium priority

Level 49+

Soulsever Minuet
    Self-buff. Lasts 10 minutes. Gives each attack a chance to add the Spirit Bore status on the enemy. Using Gemini Slash while the status is active will deal extra damage and reduce the target's attack and defense level. High priority

Gemini Slash
    Ranged AOE attack. Deals physical damage. When the enemy has the Spirit Bore status, deals extra metal damage and and reduces the target's attack and defense level. High priority

Level 59+

Krav Maga
    Squad buff. Increases defense level. Consumes 1 Mirage Celestone. Keep at level 1

Soul Shatter
    Mob debuff. Lowers target's fire and earth resistance. Medium priority

Edged Blur
    AOE attack. Deals physical and metal damage. Damages stealthed assassins and reveals them. Consumes 2 sparks. Medium priority

Yataghan Vortex
    AOE attack. Deals constant physical damage. Consumes 2 sparks. Medium priority

Quid Pro Quo
    Debuff. Transfers debuffs to the target and silences the target. Low priority

Stances

Discussion of seeker combat stances.

Combos

Review/guide of seeker attack combos.

Genies

Suggested genie skills:

⊲ Tree of Protection
    ⊲ Absolute Domain
    ⊲ Tangling Mire
    ⊲ Occult Ice
    ⊲ Cloud Eruption
    ⊲ Holy Path

(STR-based genie)

Tactics

Discussion of situational tactics, hints.

AOE

Seeker's zhen should have higher damage output at lvl 90+ thanks to higher crit rate and usage of TT90 gold swords which have zerk.

Sage and Demon

Review of strength/weaknesses and play styles of sage and demon choices.

Instance running

Specific advices for roles in BHs, TT, FC and higher level instances.

PVP

On 1v1 PVP, the lack of solid DPS, no reliable source of stuns, and the lack of any anti-stun put them at a very difficult position against 5.0 melee fighters.

Territory Wars

Gemini Slash and heavy armor make seekers very dangerous opponents in TW. They can deal heavy AOE damage at no chi cost with a 15 seconds cooldown and with a survivability edge over wizards and psychics due to heavy harmor.

Endgame

Information specific to choices at endgame: alternate builds, preferred equipments, etc.

Supply Stash

⊲ Level 5: Perfect Military Claymore - PATK 45-65, req. STR 16 DEX 13.

⊲ Level 10: 10 x Teleport Incense - teleports you to the nearest city.

⊲ Level 15: Aileron Kite - aerogear +0.50 m/s.

⊲ Level 20: 100 Medium Healing Potion, 100 Medium Mana Potion, Perfect Officer's Claymore - PATK 132-196, PATK +10, HP+65, req. STR 43 DEX 33.

⊲ Level 25: Raw Shard, 2 Resurrection Scrolls.

FAQ

Questions and answers:

⊲ Can they use claws or fists? No, they can only use swords, dual swords, blades and dual blades.

⊲ Can they get 5 APS? No.

⊲ Do they require points in MAG? No, even their metal-based AOEs are based on physical damage.

⊲ Can they be buffed with bloodpaint? Yes.

⊲ When they use that lord of sword thing do they get healed from ALL the mobs? Yes.

⊲ What does the third eye do? It's called "God's Eye" and it's purely cosmetic.
    just had to say because i got tired of seeing most seekers suck that follow this guide you do need to upgrade your buffs such as *Saber Rattle, Krav Maga, Bladed Fervor* and your debuffs such as Heart Shatter are important just as Quid Pro Quo is for that give back skill does work in great combos but no one really knows because they are all told not to use the good skills.
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    SweetieBot - Lothranis Posts: 18,978 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    just had to say because i got tired of seeing most seekers suck that follow this guide you do need to upgrade your buffs such as *Saber Rattle, Krav Maga, Bladed Fervor* and your debuffs such as Heart Shatter are important just as Quid Pro Quo is for that give back skill does work in great combos but no one really knows because they are all told not to use the good skills.
    NECROOO!!!!!!!

Arshavir - Archosaur replied to a message that was 6 months 3 days 4 hours 58 minutes old.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands
    SweetieBot FAQ / Usage: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1566451

• ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited July 2013
    closed for necro

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
This discussion has been closed.