The Ultimate New Players Guide to Crafting and Harvesting

Comments

• sikozu
    sikozu Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    This really is an amazing guide b:dirty THANK YOU SO MUCH!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ★ :Sikozu :: Venomancer: ★ :Nebira :: Cleric: ★
  • Shirleyxx - Archosaur
    Shirleyxx - Archosaur Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I can't help but notice that on many forums when asked where to get the material "Grease," ppl are told to take it from enemies that noobies kill. That is really kinda unfair. If I was a level 1 character & I saw some level 30 guy take my stuff, I would be sooo pist! b:angryb:angry
  • Elysetta - Dreamweaver
    Elysetta - Dreamweaver Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    lilace wrote: »
    THANK YOU! But, my blacksmith lvl is 2 now and everytime I make anything the % bar doesn't go up, why is that? Do I need a new/better crafting book? If so, where can I find it?

Are you making level two weapons? If you make level 1 items I have founfd that the experience does not increase. The experience bar should go up when you make level 2 gearb:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • piezrus
    piezrus Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Thanks this helped alot. :3
  • D_Dragon - Dreamweaver
    D_Dragon - Dreamweaver Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    What I do, is make note of the general area, according to the coordinates, and save that in a note book I keep on my desk. Then, when I get low on materials, regardless of material levels, I can look up the coordinates, go to that location, and begin harvesting - some times even killing the critters in that are to enhance my harvesting; as many times the critters drop other materials which I may, or may not need.
    I thnk this idea may work for most of us, but if not, look for me on line I usually have enough materials to assist you if you need extra for making something. My character names (I have 6 characters), are:
    D_Dragon (Asguard Leader); PheonixStar (Seiryu); ChyroDragon (Seiryu); DRAGON_WEI (Shield); DRAGON_LEI (Goof Troop). #6 is x_Phaedra_x, but I don't carry materials in the pack for this character, as I can have my other charecters send mats to this one, as needed.
  • SynfulDream - Dreamweaver
    SynfulDream - Dreamweaver Posts: 152 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    This is an incredibly useful guide, with the coords for the diff mats n stuff. Thank you for posting this.
    Does anyone know of a similar resource for finding lvl 2 mats?

I have not seen a spreadsheet like the one above, but the PWI interactive map gives you an option to search for resources

On the left hand side of the page it gives you the option of choosing herb or resources then breaks it down further to type of resource you are looking for. Choose the one(s) you want and points will appear on map.
    This is the link for the map:
    http://www.pwmap.ru/pwi
  • SynfulDream - Dreamweaver
    SynfulDream - Dreamweaver Posts: 152 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    This is an incredibly useful guide, with the coords for the diff mats n stuff. Thank you for posting this.
    Does anyone know of a similar resource for finding lvl 2 mats?

And just found this s cool tool made by Hroft
    Shows (in color pics no less) what is needed to craft each remedy. Also provides coordinates (by clicking on icon) for gathering mats. Many kudos to Hroft! Impressive!

http://calcs.ucoz.com/apoth/elixirs.html
  • Turtliciousx - Lost City
    Turtliciousx - Lost City Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Very helpful thank you.
  • prank5t3r123
    prank5t3r123 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    I found this web site to be very helpful http://phsycofaction.forumactif.net/t80-mats-database-info
  • MeOw_M - Archosaur
    MeOw_M - Archosaur Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    www.pwdatabase.com/pwi has maps showing where all the mats and herbs are when you look them up. very useful

This is really helpful. I recommend looking at this. Goes into my favourites. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:kiss Treat the people I love; Like I wanna be loved b:cute
  • Rumblers - Archosaur
    Rumblers - Archosaur Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    This is really helpful. I recommend looking at this. Goes into my favourites. b:victory

cant find map ??
  • postdata235
    postdata235 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Good advise, great for helping out new players man. Keep up the good work, and keep posting. :)
  • piezrus
    piezrus Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Great guide, very helpful to a newbie like me. :)
  • RTigerfish - Harshlands
    RTigerfish - Harshlands Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    While the data bank is extremely helpful; it does not always delineate if the monster is part of an event or is a land dwelling respawner. also its description of how the server drops needs to be a bit more clear. ive read it and read it and read it and i still dont get it. b:cry. It especially sux that a great deal of the mats that you need for lvl 2 of crafting have drop rates often as low as 2.3% or less. more often than not its easier to buy these from a merchant; though alot of player created shops are not all that fairly priced. and consider this as well; even when you do find a big group of player created merchants; its laggy, hard to see whats what and 70% of the gear is either above your level when you discover how badly you need some of these mats; or they dont have it at all; but more often than that you realize you cant afford it because your Lvl 20 and cant seem to get more than 11k in your wallet from all the teleporting you have to do to find these monsters; and lets face it; walking all the way from valcanic wasteland to lost city is not only dangerous, it down right takes forever. especially when you make the walk only to find out that the monster you want to fight that has the best drop rate for say silk thread; isnt there anymore because it was part of an event. Now if you were roleplaying this it would make 1 heck of a heros tail to tell at the campfire. but since that isnt always the case and you go to do it alone; it becomes enough of a royal pain in the eye to make you want to go blind.
  • kvikike
    kvikike Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Hi guys,

I`m a complete newbie here, so I probably can`t see something obvious.
    My problem is that I`ve done the quest for Apothecary, and started harvesting and all that, making stuff is ok as well.
    Now, after I read the topic I thought I might try the other crafting thingies as well, but when I go the mentioned Npc`s they say there is no quest for me at all. Also, tried in different towns .
    Any ideas?
    Thanks <3
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Go to your racial elder, see if he still has the quests for the other manufacturing skills. If not, find someone with the skills, and get him to buy the replacement basic skill books from the book merchant in any of the starting cities, then buy the books from him. IIRC, they're 10k each... quite reasonable compared to the intermediate (level 4) skill books (4 million) or advanced (level 6) skill books (40 million).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Atraieu - Sanctuary
    Atraieu - Sanctuary Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Thanks for all the helpful information. =)
  • Shluishka - Raging Tide
    Shluishka - Raging Tide Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Thanks for taking the time to put this together.

Do you happen to know if the level of the crafter (char. level not craft level) affects the craft (increasing the chance for 2 or 3 star items)? Or is it just completely random?
  • Domynic - Harshlands
    Domynic - Harshlands Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Nice Guide b:chuckleb:victoryb:bye
  • MeiZhen - Sanctuary
    MeiZhen - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    I'm trying to level up the apothecary skill in this char. I did it to lvl 3. Right now it shows 100% and in my skill page it shows 30/30. When I go to the Elder to learn the lvl 4 skill it doesn't let me...it says I am at 30/45. Can someone tell me what to do please?
  • MeiZhen - Sanctuary
    edited October 2011
    I'm trying to level up the apothecary skill in this char. I did it to lvl 3. Right now it shows 100% and in my skill page it shows 30/30. When I go to the Elder to learn the lvl 4 skill it doesn't let me...it says I am at 30/45. Can someone tell me what to do please?
  • Magicsaber - Dreamweaver
    Magicsaber - Dreamweaver Posts: 727 Arc User
    edited October 2011

You must complete quest Apothecary:
    1. Find the Herb Gatherer, Huajen, in the Dreamweaver Port Outskirts (Location 618,389)
    2. Buy Intermediate Apothecary Skill (cost 50k coins).
    3. Take it to the Elder of any city to learn the skill.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MeiZhen - Sanctuary
    edited October 2011
    tyvm :)
  • Livetopaddle - Archosaur
    Livetopaddle - Archosaur Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Was curious u got any co-ordinates for charcoal i need a ton and no idea where to find the stuff!! any info would be very welcome
  • Mishiru - Lost City
    Mishiru - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    OMG Thankyou! This helped so much... :DD
  • eachus1963
    eachus1963 Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    I am at lv 3 in my passive skills. Who do i go to see to get to lv 4 and higher?
  • starace69
    starace69 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Thanks great guide helped me out a bunch! XD
  • sstamm
    sstamm Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    very usefull for me :p thx allot b:victoryb:thanks
  • babycham08
    babycham08 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    this is the way craft works. U start crafting whit lvl 1 (lets say )Talior skill, in the craft window that pops up and u can select what items will u craft there is a small bar that shows u the progress , same as the Exp bar below your MP and HP bar. u have to craft 10 of each items in order to be able to upgrade your craft skill to lvl 2 at the elder of any city. after u got the lvl 2 Talior u will be able to craft lvl 1 or lvl 2 things. Same thing goes for higher lvl's lvl 4 tailor can only craft lvl 1,2,3,4 armours.
    Hope it helped :D
    ........ dont worry ive sorted this out in game -))

I am having the same problem as well..... im lvl 30 with lvl 1 crafting skill..... ive not bothered before now cause of the free stuff at the begining of the game which is due to run out anytime now...... i checked what i would need for arrows as they requre skill lvl 1... logs and coal dust...returned to the craft lady in lost (im a veno) was able to start the process all my logs and coal dust gone..... the bar for the progress still empty and im still lvl 1 skill..... i do have 200 arrows for my effort though totaly useless to me..... can anyone point out where im going wrong as this driving me crazy now b:angry

Thanks for guide though this has helped me out tremendously in more ways than one b:kiss
  • Trepidity - Lost City
    Trepidity - Lost City Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    That guide was great but you said go to database and i couldnt find locaitons for higher grade materials, i only gather for moneyb:laughb:thanks
This discussion has been closed.