Veno Pulling Made Easier

Escorian - Dreamweaver
Escorian - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,802 Arc User
edited March 2011 in General Discussion
venos can now pull with one pet and summon another without having to stow it.. it will auto stow and then instantly summon the other pet you chose.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
Post edited by Escorian - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    You're late. b:chuckle
  • Sinalee - Dreamweaver
    Sinalee - Dreamweaver Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    noticed =P, but the normal way to summon pets r such a habbit that i still do it. Sadly not all kinds of pulls can be done with the new summoning, unless u got extrem timing.
  • Bellarie - Raging Tide
    Bellarie - Raging Tide Posts: 603 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    noticed =P, but the normal way to summon pets r such a habbit that i still do it. Sadly not all kinds of pulls can be done with the new summoning, unless u got extrem timing.

Quite right. Because summoning a new pet has a slower channeling time than stowing, and in that time your lure pet can be killed. And timing it to go off before that can result in summoning the new pet before the lure pet actually got off the necessary hit, which could create problems. Safest way is just to follow the tried-and-true method of send, stow, summon.
  • sangodoc
    sangodoc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Quite right. Because summoning a new pet has a slower channeling time than stowing, and in that time your lure pet can be killed. And timing it to go off before that can result in summoning the new pet before the lure pet actually got off the necessary hit, which could create problems. Safest way is just to follow the tried-and-true method of send, stow, summon.
    Well, with the Glacial Walker it's a bit easier if it still has a magic attack. It has an obvious, but slow, animation, and the magic attack won't miss, making it much easier to time the re-summon for luring.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Visit the PWI wiki for the useful information. Stay at the PWI wiki for the pie. ;-)
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Thanks for trying Sangodoc, but you didn't actually read the comment, and/or don't know how the new mechanic actually works.

The old mechanic, you see the pet wind up its attack, hit unsummon (which is fast) and the pet quickly unsummons and is safe - or gets hit and unsummons instantly without taking damage if you time it right.
    For this using a pet with an obvious attack animation is indeed useful.
    You then need to resummon and wait for that pet to arrive. This old way still works, and is still useful.

The NEW mechanic however, is different.
    You start to summon the new pet - and that is SLOW. While you wait for the new pet to arrive, your old pet is still being attacked by the mobs. There's nothing you can do to speed up its unsummon.
    Then, when the channel of the summon finishes, the old pet vanishes and the new one arrives and the lure is done as usual, with the added advantage that your new pet is already out.
    The downsides are that your lure pet took a beating and that you obviously have to use a different pet to lure and to catch.

It seems useful, but as others already said, it's less safe.
    You also can't use the attack animation for timing the summon because it doesn't start up until way too late in the process. Well, unless you have a vast amount of -channel, I suppose.
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Thanks for trying Sangodoc, but you didn't actually read the comment, and/or don't know how the new mechanic actually works.

The old mechanic, you see the pet wind up its attack, hit unsummon (which is fast) and the pet quickly unsummons and is safe - or gets hit and unsummons instantly without taking damage if you time it right.
    For this using a pet with an obvious attack animation is indeed useful.
    You then need to resummon and wait for that pet to arrive. This old way still works, and is still useful.

The NEW mechanic however, is different.
    You start to summon the new pet - and that is SLOW. While you wait for the new pet to arrive, your old pet is still being attacked by the mobs. There's nothing you can do to speed up its unsummon.
    Then, when the channel of the summon finishes, the old pet vanishes and the new one arrives and the lure is done as usual, with the added advantage that your new pet is already out.
    The downsides are that your lure pet took a beating and that you obviously have to use a different pet to lure and to catch.

It seems useful, but as others already said, it's less safe.
    You also can't use the attack animation for timing the summon because it doesn't start up until way too late in the process. Well, unless you have a vast amount of -channel, I suppose.

Just use Flesh Ream for pulling. If you use most other skills, if the pet died, or was stowed, it would sometimes (often times) fail to transfer aggro to the Veno. Flesh Ream pisses things off, and they will come after the veno.

IDK too much about my puller pet. it's gotten so hard to keep 3 pets leveled without going into cube every other day, I just keep two leveled, if that.

Next time I'm in room 4 of cube, I'll make sure I level my pulling pet. But, TBH... I've been using a 60 Kowlin to pull, and as long as it survives long enough to get off flesh ream on the target, IDK if it dies or not.

Or should I call it a Guan Hai now, since they've been renamed (along with the Dreamweaver Port Officer, who is now the 'Dreamweave Officer'. http://biyofan.joeyteel.com/temporary_pics/dreamweave.jpg

(I'll be submitting that pic in a ticket tomorrow. b:cute)
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • Xarathox - Dreamweaver
    Xarathox - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,657 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Just use Flesh Ream for pulling. If you use most other skills, if the pet died, or was stowed, it would sometimes (often times) fail to transfer aggro to the Veno. Flesh Ream pisses things off, and they will come after the veno.

IDK too much about my puller pet. it's gotten so hard to keep 3 pets leveled without going into cube every other day, I just keep two leveled, if that.

Next time I'm in room 4 of cube, I'll make sure I level my pulling pet. But, TBH... I've been using a 60 Kowlin to pull, and as long as it survives long enough to get off flesh ream on the target, IDK if it dies or not.

Or should I call it a Guan Hai now, since they've been renamed (along with the Dreamweaver Port Officer, who is now the 'Dreamweave Officer'. http://biyofan.joeyteel.com/temporary_pics/dreamweave.jpg

(I'll be submitting that pic in a ticket tomorrow. b:cute)

Wait, they renamed Kowlins? to....bat ****'s cousin?
    Some people risk to employ me

Some people live to destroy me

Either way they die
  • Bellarie - Raging Tide
    Bellarie - Raging Tide Posts: 603 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Sangodoc wrote: »
    Well, with the Glacial Walker it's a bit easier if it still has a magic attack. It has an obvious, but slow, animation, and the magic attack won't miss, making it much easier to time the re-summon for luring.

I don't use a Glacial Walker....b:sad
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    No. Just... no.

Yes, is it wonderful that you don't have to stow to get out another pet, especially for the purpose of pulling. But only because I can run up and pull out my puller without stowing my herc. It has nothing to do with the pull at all, just saves that extra time and I like that. To use summon pet instead of stow however, is just stupid. It is not easier, it is more dangerous for the squad and yourself, and you are probably looking at twice the number of pet resses if you use that method.

Best way to pull: get a ranged pet. Cactopod or eldergoth are good. I use a cactopod from personal preference. Turn off its skills so that it uses a ranged attack, send it in, *watch it*. When you see it attack (cacto spins), stow. The thing doesn't even take a hit. Then you run off and you have plenty of time to pull out your pet before the group grabs the boss (or lots of times, I tank things myself... I pull out herc then run more and he grabs it, still works... in this case I usually holy path after stowing to give myself more time).

Up against a boss, most pets are going to be long dead before a new pet is summoned. You'd really have to do a lot of practicing to get that timing right, and most squads wouldn't be too appreciative if you practiced with them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • sangodoc
    sangodoc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Actually, I did read it and do know how it works, however, unless you're worried your pet's going to get killed the moment after it attacks, it's not really that hard to time once you get used to it.

Perhaps I'm just used to pulling in less-deadly situations than you though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Visit the PWI wiki for the useful information. Stay at the PWI wiki for the pie. ;-)
  • GetPoked - Sanctuary
    GetPoked - Sanctuary Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    O.o people still play venos?