Arche 79 Skills

Options
ULquira - Sanctuary
ULquira - Sanctuary Posts: 21 Arc User
edited March 2011 in Archer
So sorry i tried searching the forum for any thread about my question but, i couldn't find any.

my question is,,,, is lvl 79 skills worth spending coins???? are they that good or not? b:thanksb:thanksb:thanks
Post edited by ULquira - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    They aren't good.

You should get them.
  • ULquira - Sanctuary
    edited March 2011
    Options
    b:angry
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    They aren't good.

You should get them.

his post is highly informative and completely accurate.
  • ULquira - Sanctuary
    edited March 2011
    Options
    seriously should i get them?b:angry
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Back in the day, before Tokens and Packs. Apocalypse pages used to be 200k each on HT. You needed 20 pages per skill, so that's 4m from pages alone. Combined with 10 Medium Inks at 100k each, that's 5m for each of these skills.

Back in the day, non-cashshoppers were capable of obtaining these skills, at 5m per skill.

Currently, you can craft 5 pages with 18 Tokens of Luck. Even with Tokens at the high price of 17k, that's 61,200 coins per page. Thus each skill costs 1,224,000 from pages alone, plus another 1m from the Medium Inks. On the high end, that's 2.2m for a skill. At token sale prices, it's 720k from pages alone, so 1.72m per skill total.

So the question is, are you incapable of obtaining a skill at less than half the price that previous archers were capable of obtaining back in the day?

It is less a matter of "Do you need to get these skills?" and more a matter of "If you cannot get these skills, then there is something wrong with you."
  • Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear
    Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,681 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    As for usefullness , i believe Elven Alacricity or w/e it's called is the most useful one ...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    <--- MALE Veno ..... Moved to G W 2 or maybe not completely , don't know ...... PW addiction
    {That TT xbow chain is one that describes someone's bowel movements after having too much spicy food. A loud **** (Thundercrack), then a burning sensation (Flash Fire), followed by an explosion of multi-colored poo-confetti (Blinding Radiance). Excellent...} By Quilue
  • Sint - Harshlands
    Sint - Harshlands Posts: 579 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I alrady had elven alacrity, now getting blessing of the condor. EA is nice, it saves your genie while antistunning and basically holy pathing you. It is instant cast, wich means you cant get stunned while casting it. Also, because it is instant cast, you dont haev to stand still for seven and a half minutes castign that ****, and you dont risk getting zerk-critted and killed by a bm who isnt a moron, saw you antistunnign and decided to just nuke you instead of wasting his roar.

I'm getting blessing of the condor for a simple reason: my hp sucks. It's not going to improve fast, and while it's not bad enough to keep me from killing anything that doesnt hit like a mother****ing truck, i cant stand next to a decently refined aps bm for long. (i estimate i might last 3-5 seconds, charmed and potting, agaisnt my 4aps, tt100 +8 buddy) either way, it should be a bit easier on my hp if i can guarantee a string of misses when i really need one. (that same buddy doesnt fare awesome against my metal dmg)
  • Ajani - Harshlands
    Ajani - Harshlands Posts: 1,170 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options

I'm getting blessing of the condor for a simple reason: my hp sucks. It's not going to improve fast, and while it's not bad enough to keep me from killing anything that doesnt hit like a mother****ing truck, i cant stand next to a decently refined aps bm for long. (i estimate i might last 3-5 seconds, charmed and potting, agaisnt my 4aps, tt100 +8 buddy) either way, it should be a bit easier on my hp if i can guarantee a string of misses when i really need one. (that same buddy doesnt fare awesome against my metal dmg)

After u get it u will then realize that even tho it's instant the effect takes couple seconds to add up. This skill is usefull but not like u said, u need to time it right and pray the add up evasion comes fast. Most people use it just for chi cause they are unable to use it correctlly. Althouh i used to love it (when i used archer anyway) mainlly vs archers (not many fist bms back then). Alacraty on the other hand is the BM killer. Gives you a second anti-stun so u can kite kite kite and with some extra speed if your on the ground.
    PVP: 3800 kills in the name of KD lawl
    Retired as of 18/11/09
    Back as of 22/11/10
    Archer retired as of 26/12/10
  • Sint - Harshlands
    edited March 2011
    Options
    After u get it u will then realize that even tho it's instant the effect takes couple seconds to add up. This skill is usefull but not like u said, u need to time it right and pray the add up evasion comes fast. Most people use it just for chi cause they are unable to use it correctlly. Althouh i used to love it (when i used archer anyway) mainlly vs archers (not many fist bms back then). Alacraty on the other hand is the BM killer. Gives you a second anti-stun so u can kite kite kite and with some extra speed if your on the ground.

i dont mind a delay. i can learn to time it, unless you're saying the delay time is random? (pray it comes fast) the problem is that fist bms, while they are a pain, are slow at killing, when compared to aps bms. you simply can not let a fist bm catch you channeling a metal hit, regardless of how antistunned you are. Fist bms have relatively low hp, so my approach to killing them would be to antistun, condor and tank them on eva while i kill them. Or, if i get caught with a burned genie, and unable to antistun, to give me a chance at outlasting the inevitable stun > aps. for this, the delay makes little difference. In fact, the delay is likely to help me, if it activates after they cyclone/spark.
  • Fleuri - Sanctuary
    Fleuri - Sanctuary Posts: 1,763 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I believe the delay is round trip time when you and your opponent's machines coordinate with the server, and I believe we have two issues here:

First is the time your machine's notification takes (that you are have a high evasion). But also, secondly you have the time taken after your opponent's attacks go off until you actually receive that damage.

The underlying mechanism, for these messages is just basic web requests, like you would get in a browser, and sometimes they can be slow. Also, quite possibly the game does not apply your evasion to attacks which are already queued up -- and 5aps tends to make the queues lag.

(If this is indeed the case, though, and they are trying to de-emphasize 5aps, I would expect this to be subject to change.)
  • Demon_troll - Harshlands
    Demon_troll - Harshlands Posts: 622 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    They aren't good.

You should get them.

no archers have useful skills like steath
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Soooo should have applied for moderator in the Archer forums...
  • Sint - Harshlands
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I believe the delay is round trip time when you and your opponent's machines coordinate with the server, and I believe we have two issues here:

First is the time your machine's notification takes (that you are have a high evasion). But also, secondly you have the time taken after your opponent's attacks go off until you actually receive that damage.

The underlying mechanism, for these messages is just basic web requests, like you would get in a browser, and sometimes they can be slow. Also, quite possibly the game does not apply your evasion to attacks which are already queued up -- and 5aps tends to make the queues lag.

(If this is indeed the case, though, and they are trying to de-emphasize 5aps, I would expect this to be subject to change.)

I dont think i can last long enough for that lag to get too big. Also, i'm proposing to use the skill before i start
    taking hits. i dont think any bm is fail enough to skip stunning in pvp.

Also, @ elena: you should have. I dont think i need to link the debuff proc thread to illustrate this point.
  • Irienys - Dreamweaver
    Irienys - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I just got elven alacrity recently, and I gotta say that my favourite use of it is to buff unsuspecting randoms. o.o You can almost smell their confusion as they go running in circles or bang into walls... b:chuckle
  • angellicdeity
    angellicdeity Posts: 641 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    If your involved in PvP or PK and you find yourself mostly fighting physical classes then Blessing of the Condor is useful.

It doesn't stop you from being hit by magical classes, or by demon EA's. But it does increase your chance of surviving shots from rank 9 archers, 5 aps sins/bm's.

It wont completely dodge all their attacks, but a significant number to let your charm + pots kick in against those 5 aps characters, or give you time to strike back against a rank 9 archer.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I used to buff my favorite cleric with Alacrity in Seat all the time so she'd run off the cliffs b:chuckle
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I used to buff my favorite cleric with Alacrity in Seat all the time so she'd run off the cliffs b:chuckle

b:laugh
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • grimreaperhc
    grimreaperhc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options

You can buff other people ? .... Niiiice b:sin
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options

Glad I'm not the only one who does that. Now I can say it was your bad influence. b:thanks