The way of the seeker

Comments

• AnodyneBlade - Archosaur
    AnodyneBlade - Archosaur Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Personally, I think the first seeker ability is imperative at low levels because it has decent damage and has low requirements to upgrade. I'm going to guess, however, that it's usefulness will cease after 45 or so.
  • Venoblaster - Dreamweaver
    Venoblaster - Dreamweaver Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Personally, I think the first seeker ability is imperative at low levels because it has decent damage and has low requirements to upgrade. I'm going to guess, however, that it's usefulness will cease after 45 or so.

That's a good point, I'd love to hear more data on it, like comparisions. Personally I haven't raised it from level 1 and I'm not using it; I've been using Staggering Strike, Battousai and regular attacks.
  • Maragon - Dreamweaver
    Maragon - Dreamweaver Posts: 645 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    That's a good point, I'd love to hear more data on it, like comparisions. Personally I haven't raised it from level 1 and I'm not using it; I've been using Staggering Strike, Battousai and regular attacks.

Disclaimer: my seeker isnt even 10 yet.

that being said. lvl 1 of the start skill has base atk plus like 9 damage. lvl 2 has +67 if i remember right (check ecatomb). in the early levels the damage that skill does raises much much faster then the hp mobs have. at lvl 7ish with a jones blessing my seeker can do 50%+ damage with just that skill. 120 damage is caster level damage not melee but the damage soon balances and gets over shadowed by mob hp.

given the fact that seekers have no self heal and therefore need to kill quickly, leveling this skill at level I think would be necessary probably for the first 3-4 levels of the skill then can focus on other more important stuff.

just an opinion from what i have noticed again see disclaimer
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sukinee - Heavens Tear
    Sukinee - Heavens Tear Posts: 262 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Are the debuff skills, Mind Shatterer and Soul Shatterer any good for the Seeker his/herself? Because I know it can be a great support skill for caster DDs. However for the interest of doing solo grindng and tanking, I would probably leave mine at level 1 and just focus on Heart Shatterer.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Member of Nocturne and Hikari...spread the light be nice to others!

"I conform to non-conformity." Join date: November 2008 :D
  • Armengar - Lost City
    Armengar - Lost City Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    seekers are kewl, and im just gonna say our aoe/zhen is amazing....

soloing big room and dragons in frost at lvl 90 with only bloodpaint FTW
  • Abstractive - Archosaur
    Abstractive - Archosaur Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Behold ! Behold upon the wonder that he is ! A lvl 95 seeker.

He grows in a week like others in 6 months !

Hail ! Hail his might !

Bro, seriously...95 ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Bodyguard for Secret Passage at your service, now accepting daily installments of just 2.5m for your leisure.
  • Yuniryu - Raging Tide
    Yuniryu - Raging Tide Posts: 516 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Hyper? Or alot of leveling. :D Doesnt matter, i am having fun at my pace.b:laugh. This guide is good so far, very easy to understand keep up the good work :Db:dirty. :D I now got enough money for the seeker skills up to 75 at least :D so happy. Thanks to the pack sales, and badges :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • AceyEdge - Lost City
    AceyEdge - Lost City Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Hyper? Or alot of leveling. :D Doesnt matter, i am having fun at my pace.b:laugh. This guide is good so far, very easy to understand keep up the good work :Db:dirty. :D I now got enough money for the seeker skills up to 75 at least :D so happy. Thanks to the pack sales, and badges :D
    YUSH! I agree Yunib:cute I just got to 41 yesterday and I love the 39 skills immensely, as well as everything else at my pace :D. Taking my time to see how good they are at PvE (and some PvP so far too!) is fun and relaxing, not watching those 1 week high lvls who want the boredom asap xD.

Let us continue to learn the full potential of this class, and never forget that it's not just playing the class, but knowing HOW to play it effectively! ^^
  • Eraldus - Sanctuary
    Eraldus - Sanctuary Posts: 140 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Just wanted to say, Seeker rocks! My fave skill is Gemini Slash, epic animation, epic damage, epic AOE!

BTW, why the name Seeker? It would be awesome if they were called something else, like Earthguard Swordsman or something else...

Either way, they're epic b:victory
    Retired...

Reasons? Packs, rank gear, picky greedy players, the list goes on b:bye
  • PWassassin - Harshlands
    PWassassin - Harshlands Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Why "Batousai" is only a medium ? i found it very usefull
  • Shaqua - Dreamweaver
    Shaqua - Dreamweaver Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Why Rock Splitting Cleave a Keep at level 1?
    Because it seems ok to me to upgrade it since it deals more dmg and the mana consumed is only 9 on lvl 2...
  • LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited March 2011

i use rock shattering while waiting for eye of the northern sky to proc onto my target, so that staggering strike will be cooled down and ready as soon as that happens. battousai i tend to use as an opener, then save in case the mob decides to run. (i'm mostly going after ranged mobs at the moment, so i'm in that habit...)

i leveled rock shattering a few times early on, because i had the spirit and no other skills to spend it on; i've got it at level 4 now. i'm not leveling it any further, because i've got plenty other skills i need to save up spirit for and the old rocky just doesn't do all that much damage in the final analysis. skills that trigger the stance debuffs, ranged skills and AoEs, and debuffs all take precedence over a melee-range single target bash.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • Bentus - Dreamweaver
    Bentus - Dreamweaver Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    You usually tend to face 4 kinds of mobs throughout your character's life

1.) Melee Mobs
    2.) Archer Mobs
    3.) Magic Mobs which deal phy damage at melee range (occasionally magic debuffs, atks, etc)
    4.) Magic Only Mobs

Of these 1.), 2.) and 3.) are the majority of mobs you will ever encounter. 4.) is rare but sometimes you get them as quest targets. Example of 4.) would be ossien guards, skeleranc artisans, etc.

Also most ranged mobs, which tend to run away from you when you get into melee range, stop doing so after 2~3 times.

Given that the seeker uses HA most of the times and their most powerful attacks are the stance based attacks, their more favourable fighting style would be melee.

Accepted we do get ranged skills but they do not compare with the other damage output the other ranged classes can dish out to make it efficient to use these always.

So Priority wise, I would place

1.) Stances - Higher lvl means higher chances to proc and more damage
    2.) Passives and self buffs
    3.) AoE (like Vortex, Edged Blur)
    4.) Heart Shatter
    5.) Rest - Based on what you use more often - Battousai comes in this category

That being said, I would level Battousai only if I have completed the other more important skills. Casting Battousai really doesnt help much unless its for finishing off a target thats running. You do not encounter much of these.

As for the starter skill, take a que from the archer's style of gameplay. Your normals will give you a better damage output than that. So dont bother with it until youve completed all other skills.

Anyways thats my take on skills. Am sure others can confirm this based on their gameplay style.
  • QuakeX - Lost City
    QuakeX - Lost City Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    whn u pass lv70 ish. ull realise a bunch of skills u wont ever use again.'

like rock smashin w/e, totaly useless. and the 1st sword buff, i think eye smething.

and u will discover that vortex perma zhen is x10 better dd thn combining all the other aoes. ull need good mp pots/charm for tat one.

skills like batousai is nice range and metal dmg BUT at lv10 its only +1xxx dmg ... tat is stupid. not gona kill anyone with that. kinda like the drake ray for bm.

seeker is NOT aps build at all. no point gettin gear like u did for sin, la set ha set etc, its useless and very squashy. focus on full HA armor and magic def ornaments.

i personally like the chan speed for most seeker skills, i want to get about 18-24 -chan gear just for fun.

and the seeker -chan skill is so usefull jus b4 using all the aoes together startin with gemini slash.

skils i lvl to 10 priority is the range skills for heads in frost, the 2 earlier aoe, def lv skill selfbuff, zhen aoe vortex, sword buff at lv10 is crit1 att 3 def 1
  • Dinighter - Lost City
    Dinighter - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I rised Rock Splitting Cleave to lvl 4... Should I create new char? b:sad
  • Venoblaster - Dreamweaver
    Venoblaster - Dreamweaver Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I realized gaming is taking way too much room in my life. I have decided to move on and I joined On-Line Gamers Anonymous for support.

Anyone is invited to take this guide over, republish it or just use some of this info to create a new guide. Source code is available on pastebin.

When a better guide is available moderators should un-sticky this.

b:bye
  • cakeislies
    cakeislies Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    sorry to see such a good guidance leaving PWI. Some one please take over and help make
    this guide even better and maintained. This guide is so easy to read and understand
  • Bioturn - Heavens Tear
    Bioturn - Heavens Tear Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I was just in a group with a seeker who has some archer characters, and he was playing the seeker as a ranged against mages. Isn't that the last thing you should do?
    WoW has 11 Million people playing. 11 million people also bought the Sega Dreamcast console. Proof that 11 million people can collectively do something stupid.

Chill with me on Twitter: twitter.com/Bioturn

Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands! - Auron (Final Fantasy X)
  • Alsiadorra - Sanctuary
    Alsiadorra - Sanctuary Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Four ranged skills(that I'm aware of).

Unreliable for conventional range use because of cooldowns + one of them causes you to run forward if not in range to use it. So yes.

Below is my "mini" guide along side the current guide.

Level 1+

Rock Splitting Cleave
    Melee attack. Deals physical damage. Keep at level 1

Me - Max as soon as possible. This is one of the 3 stable DD skills. Fast with a short cooldown.

Level 9+

Staggering Strike
    Melee attack. Deals physical damage. When the enemy has the Eye of Northern Sky status, deals extra damage, immobilizes the target and reduces the target's defense. High priority

Me - Even without Eye of the Northern Sky, this is another of our stable DD skills with a short cooldown. Seems to miss about 30% of the time though. Max as soon as possible.

Unfetter
    Self-buff. Improves your movement speed for a short time. Low priority

Me - Can leave this at lvl6-7 for a while. 75% movement speed is more than enough. 8-10 when you can spare the spirit.

Level 13+

Northern Sky Waltz
    Self-buff. Lasts 10 minutes. Gives each attack a chance to add the Eye of the Northern Sky status on the enemy. Using Staggering Strike while the status is active will deal extra damage, immobilize the target and decrease its defense level. High priority

Me - At first, I thought this skill was USELESS because of the percentage being so low so I kept it at lvl3 til lvl50. But it actually procs quite alot on bosses. And the defense level decrease is REAL nice. Keep this leveled as high as you can for Stagger strike.

Level 19+

Bladed Fervor
    Active blessing. Increases critical rate, attack level and defense level. Low priority

Me - Level this when you can spare the spirit. You don't get the "goodies" of this blessing til much later.

Battousai
    Ranged attack. Deals physical and metal damage. Medium priority

Me - Strong skill. However despite the description, this skill is gimped by magic resistance mobs. The physical property is nulled. It's the 3rd stable skill. Max as soon as possible. Best with 1H swords - dual swords gives a long delay in animation at the end >>.

Blade Affinity
    Self-buff. Decreases channeling time for a short time. Low priority

Me - Level this to atleast 56%(I think lvl6) for Gemini Slash and Ion spike.

Level 24+

Heart Shatter
    Mob debuff. Lowers target's metal and physical resistance. Medium priority

Me - This skill is nice in that it's your answer to amplify damage. Keep this high if you can. ALWAYS use it on bosses.

Level 29+

Parchedblade Dance
    Self-buff. Lasts 10 minutes. Gives each attack a chance to add the Bloodlet status on the enemy. Using Stalagstrike while the status is active will deal extra damage and immobilize the target. High priority

Me - Here's a question: Do you think people will wait for you to hit EVERY mob until this procs on ALL of them, just so that Stalagstrike does extra damage? This is better against a boss. I'd say this is medium priority.

Blade and Sword Mastery
    Passive Effect. Increases damage. High priority

Ion Spike
    Ranged AOE attack. Deals metal damage. Reduces enemies' metal resistance. Consumes 1 spark. Medium priority

Me -Keyword here is ranged. You level this to increase its radius mostly.

Stalagstrike
    AOE attack. Deals physical damage. When the enemy has the Bloodlet status, deals extra damage and stuns the target. High priority

Me -Not much to say about this skill. Fast and reliable.

Adrenal Numbness
    Self-buff. Increases defense level. Medium priority

Me -Max as soon you can.

Level 39+

Saber Rattle
    Squad buff. Increases attack level. Consumes 1 Mirage Celestone. Low priority

Me -We are in the age of APS. This buff means nothing. Don't bother with it.

Mind Shatter
    Mob debuff. Lowers target's wood and water resistance. Low priority

Me -When you have the spirit to spare. It is the amplify damage for venomancers and mystics, and various water skills from wizards and psychics.

Heartseeker
    Ranged attack. Deals metal damage. Has a chance to immobilize the target. High priority

Me -High spirit cost.. level this when you can. With the high chance immobilization effect,[biased] this is the best skill a Seeker has[/biased].

Darkcloud Bolt
    AOE attack. Deals physical damage. Low priority

Me -Really short cooldown and strong to boot, level this when you can but more important than ion spike.

Voidstep
    Ranged attack. Warps you to your target. Stuns the target. Unavailable in certain areas. Consumes 1 Spark. Medium priority

Me -level this when you have spirit to spare. That 180 cooldown makes this near-useless.

Level 49+

Soulsever Minuet
    Self-buff. Lasts 10 minutes. Gives each attack a chance to add the Spirit Bore status on the enemy. Using Gemini Slash while the status is active will deal extra damage and reduce the target's attack and defense level. High priority

Me -As with Parchedblade Dance..this is better proc'd on a boss for Gemini slash.

Gemini Slash
    Ranged AOE attack. Deals physical damage. When the enemy has the Spirit Bore status, deals extra metal damage and and reduces the target's attack and defense level. High priority

Me -Nothing to say about this one.

Side note: well this should be a no brainer, but AOEs vs EXP room boss = no no, though I know it will be very tempting.
  • OMarvelous - Sanctuary
    OMarvelous - Sanctuary Posts: 339 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    You can totally AOE on the EXP room boss, just have to know when to time it.
  • TonyAtomic - Raging Tide
    TonyAtomic - Raging Tide Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I was just in a group with a seeker who has some archer characters, and he was playing the seeker as a ranged against mages. Isn't that the last thing you should do?

Yeeees.
    This is my main and playing a archer helped alot to know what mobs my seeker can handle.
  • vendras
    vendras Posts: 7
    edited April 2011
    okie i am going to use this build here BUILD

is this a good build ?
  • S/T/N - Dreamweaver
    S/T/N - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    No it won't. it will be a physical timed aoe. so actually, it will compliment the Wizards dragon's breath, making wizards wanted more.

b:chuckle
    No.
  • DeathMethod - Harshlands
    DeathMethod - Harshlands Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    b:chuckle Ok I under stand the builds but then again..b:sad I confuzled my self o.o

I think im going to get to "100" When ever that is and if I dont like my build buy a reset b:pleased
    edited April 2011
    vendras wrote: »

is this a good build ?

la la la la la b:pleased
    edited April 2011
    vendras wrote: »

is this a good build ?
    Tell you the truth.. That build sounds in between of a tank and a DD b:pleased But then again im only going with what I know
  • Kariem - Dreamweaver
    Kariem - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Tell you the truth.. That build sounds in between of a tank and a DD b:pleased But then again im only going with what I know

that is true, in my case I just upload dex and str just when I need it and the rest is vitb:pleased
  • /Chathy/ - Harshlands
    /Chathy/ - Harshlands Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    psychic keeps the highest dps title b:victory but i like to try seeker too
  • Yuniryu - Raging Tide
    Yuniryu - Raging Tide Posts: 516 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Lol Yesterday i stole aggro by mistake XD in public quest. I love gemi strike!! and vortex :).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • iiimez
    iiimez Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Lol I kinda go crazy with my builds at level 60+ expecially with my seeker. Usually at 60+ I can fix it if I mess up, and not worry about it ever again, atm my char has 44 vit, 206 str, and 120 dex. I kind of like evasion and crits, and I'm doing verry well so far xD Level 68 btw b:chuckle b:victory GO DREAMWEAVER SERVER
This discussion has been closed.