Upgrade Salvation?

QualMario - Raging Tide
QualMario - Raging Tide Posts: 5 Arc User
edited March 2011 in Mystic
Heeya!!

So, i have some questions about our pets...

Which primary pets skill should i upgrade??

For now, i'm upgrading just the devil chyiyuy[or something like that xD], but i guess salvation could be useful too...

So, what do you have to say??
Post edited by QualMario - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Caterpie - Dreamweaver
    Caterpie - Dreamweaver Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Each pet is very useful, but in certain situations.

Devil Chihyu is your all-around useful pet. He tanks, he DDs without mana drain, he stuns, etc.
    Storm Mistress, when leveled up a decent amount, can do pretty nasty metal damage, but that requires mana.
    Salvation is incredibly useful when you're squadding with people in instances, such as doing a BH run or something. I'd say it would be a good idea to level her, but leave it until later if some of your more important skills are behind.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Heavy Cash Shopping is the difference between understanding simple game mechanics at level 30, or level 101.
  • Outlaw_Arch - Heavens Tear
    Outlaw_Arch - Heavens Tear Posts: 406 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    sally is good for supporting in parties. set her on manual (so she won't run after mobs and get killed) and have her buf the tank. in solo, she isn't that useful. it would be better to use the devil pet since it can take more of a beating and it can stun.
  • Ephemera - Raging Tide
    Ephemera - Raging Tide Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    sally is good for supporting in parties. set her on manual (so she won't run after mobs and get killed) and have her buf the tank. in solo, she isn't that useful. it would be better to use the devil pet since it can take more of a beating and it can stun.

I beg to differ on that. Ranged fighting keeps mobs from kiting, if they're the ranged type. Storm Mistress goes through mana way too fast, so I use Salvation to buff myself while killing kiters. I hardly lose any hp, and it's faster than having Devil chase the mob through a ton of other mobs and aggroing them all.

I've personally got Devil to 6, and plan on focusing on Salvation for a bit until she's up there too (level 3 atm, if i remember). When maxed, Salvation's buffs are really nice.
  • rgog
    rgog Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Please describe exactly what and how Salvation buffs?
  • Vixter - Harshlands
    Vixter - Harshlands Posts: 1,275 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    my devil is 10 now. im not going to worry about the other pets until i have leveled the more important skills i need. but, whenever that time comes, I think ill probably level salvation, depending on how much I use her. if for some how I tend to do bosses/TT alot, then probably the lightning lady xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    vixter (101 Heavy Veno) ~ TT farmer
    Peachie (102 Mystic) ~ Main character
  • Ivory - Harshlands
    Ivory - Harshlands Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Salvation is a must to lvl since is a good support for a pve, pvp and TW why because they can give a defensive buff that absorbs the damage.... also they give a little bramble to have aggro... so yeah my opinion lvl it... Not to mention the ability that gives u 4500 on hp return and 4000 to absorb the damage when u sacrifice it...
  • Shahiro - Dreamweaver
    Shahiro - Dreamweaver Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    rgog wrote: »
    Please describe exactly what and how Salvation buffs?

Salvation puts a shield on you and absorbs a certain amount of damage. If the dmg you receive is more than she can protect, then the shield will go away (the shield also improves your defense). She also has another shield that that takes a percentage of damage you receive, but it drains her mana the more dmg you receive. So it's recommended to use the shield first, then the other.

• Caterpie - Dreamweaver
    Caterpie - Dreamweaver Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    also they give a little bramble to have aggro...

Salvation's buff does not give you bramble. The picture is the same as bramble, but it's just like how Ressurect has the same picture for Soul of Silence. Same images, different buffs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Heavy Cash Shopping is the difference between understanding simple game mechanics at level 30, or level 101.
  • Outlaw_Arch - Heavens Tear
    Outlaw_Arch - Heavens Tear Posts: 406 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I beg to differ on that. Ranged fighting keeps mobs from kiting, if they're the ranged type. Storm Mistress goes through mana way too fast, so I use Salvation to buff myself while killing kiters. I hardly lose any hp, and it's faster than having Devil chase the mob through a ton of other mobs and aggroing them all.

I've personally got Devil to 6, and plan on focusing on Salvation for a bit until she's up there too (level 3 atm, if i remember). When maxed, Salvation's buffs are really nice.

to be honest, i just use the stun skill from my devil pet to pin those annoying suckers down. at level 10 it stuns for a good 5 secs so. you start off with you basic spell and then follow up with absorb soul, most of the time the mob is almost dead. it may run off once but one last slap from the devil would kill it.

your tactic MIGHT be a more mp saving way to go about doig thing (would need to go back and see how much mp sally's and devils skills cost) but me peronally, i don't worry much about mp lol. altho, factoring that you may need to heal yourself, it may not be that mp effective. this is something i think i'll look into when i have time:P
  • Ivory - Harshlands
    edited March 2011
    Salvation's buff does not give you bramble. The picture is the same as bramble, but it's just like how Ressurect has the same picture for Soul of Silence. Same images, different buffs.

ohh yeah sorry I checked yeah is looks like a bramble... but is a defensive buff
  • Ephemera - Raging Tide
    Ephemera - Raging Tide Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    to be honest, i just use the stun skill from my devil pet to pin those annoying suckers down. at level 10 it stuns for a good 5 secs so. you start off with you basic spell and then follow up with absorb soul, most of the time the mob is almost dead. it may run off once but one last slap from the devil would kill it.

your tactic MIGHT be a more mp saving way to go about doig thing (would need to go back and see how much mp sally's and devils skills cost) but me peronally, i don't worry much about mp lol. altho, factoring that you may need to heal yourself, it may not be that mp effective. this is something i think i'll look into when i have time:P

I rarely, if ever, have to heal myself when I kill kiters with this method. There's also no healing the pet, so pretty much the only mana drain is my own attacks, since the Salvation shield doesn't take a ton of mana from her each time she uses it, and only has to use it every 45 secs.
  • Ivory - Harshlands
    edited March 2011
    Lets focus here Salvation is a awesome pet to go against the new super buff TT3-1 GBA why because it gives a good buff... for is lower mana cost burn any DD, cleric and barb will appreciate this buff from u..... The only problem with salvation is the high cost money and spirit but worth it...
  • Barunaa - Heavens Tear
    Barunaa - Heavens Tear Posts: 420 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    salvation is a great pet. once its maxed i think it will be mandatory to put the shield buff on all tanks. and if the tank is receiving more dmg then the shield can asorb then you can always put on the 2nd buff for the tank.

salvation really is a great support pet. makes surviving so much easier for tanks.or if a cleric gets aggroed somehow. it also has a short cooldown so u can spam it.
  • Misticruby - Heavens Tear
    Misticruby - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Hi.. I just got salvation and still in the process of learning how to use it effectively. I had one problem with using it. I noticed that when I am to cast the buff skills of salvation on my self I have to click on my avatar to cast it on me. Other wise it wont cast like the normal buffs we cast on our self. I want to know the best way that eventually will make use of salvation buffs on my self easier.. coz i'm sure i'll keep forgetting to select my avatas b:sad