Guide to beginning Runecrafting

_Skai_ - Raging Tide
_Skai_ - Raging Tide Posts: 3,407 Arc User
edited December 2012 in The Crafting Nook
This is a simple and concise explanation on how to begin your Runecrafting manufacturing skill.

These are the steps, with pictures:

1.) Do a Bounty Hunter I quest (the first in a chain) for the day, and get the reward (Note: has a 2 hour time limit).

2.) Go to the NPC that the Divine Order of the _______ says. They are located near General Summer in the Southwest part of Archosaur, where the forges are, or South Archosaur, just west of the Banker. They are also located in Dreamweaver at the Southeast part of the map, just north of Raging Tides.

3.) Talk to the NPC, and click on Divine Contract. Depending on the Divine Order of the _______ that you have, you'll be able to take 2-5 quests a day.

Divine Order of the Void - Levels 81+ -- 5 quests
Divine Order of the Shadow - Levels 51-80 -- 3 quests
Divine Order of the Light - Levels 20-50 -- 2 quests

These quests are random, and they generally involve killing 15 mobs. But do note: Once in a while you will get a blue quest, which usually involves killing 5-10 mobs in an instance. (For me I have to kill mobs in the 89/99 instances). These blue quests will give you a Divine Honor of the Shadow. And then once in long time, you might get a harder purple quest that involves killing a strong mob/mini-boss, and will reward you the Divine Honor of the Void. If you have a Divine Honor of Light/Shadow, you may trade those for Divine Seals of Light/Shadow, which allows you to refresh the quest list (one refresh per seal). This may be done up to 4 times a day.

4.) Once you have two Divine Honors of Shadow, talk to the Divine Emissary of the Shadow. Click on Divine Goods, and click on the Rune tab. and manufacture a Runecrafting skill 1 skillbook.

5.) Once you are level 60, talk to any elder located in any main city, choose 'Learn crafting skill', and level up Runecrafting.

Congratulations, you've started learning Runecrafting! Now get out there and level it up! You may start crafting at the Divine Emissary of Light. You may check here for all of the Runecrafting combinations, effects, and other information! b:victory

Once you've reached 100% proficiency in the level of Runecrafting you're in, you have to trade in more Divine Honors for higher level books to level up. The higher level Runecrafting skill books require Divine Honors of Void. You can get these by trading in certain amounts of Divine Honors of Shadow.

Every level of Runecrafting can be learned every +10 levels, starting at level 60. So that means:

Level I Runecrafting requires you to be level 60.
Level II Runecrafting requires you to be level 70.
Level III Runecrafting requires you to be level 80.
Level IV Runecrafting requires you to be level 90.
Level V Runecrafting requires you to be level 99.
Level VI Runecrafting requires you to be level 100.*
Level VII Runecrafting requires you to be level 101.*
*Note: These are assumptions since this manufacturing skill behaves differently from the others in terms of level requirements.

If there is anything that I am missing, or if anything is unclear, feel free to say so/ask, and I will do my best to add it in! This is my first stickied thread ^^.

~Contributors~
Mayfly - Dreamweaver
Asterelle - Sanctuary
Tamerlayn - Sanctuary
Malphasia - Raging Tide
[SIGPIC]Octavia is best pony[/SIGPIC]
Vicious's Brony. Brohoof!
youtube.com/user/SkaiPW - Assassin PvE/PvP Videos!
Post edited by _Skai_ - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    3.) Talk to the NPC, and click on Divine Contract. With the Divine Order of the _______ that you have, you'll be able to take up to 5 quests a day.

Only the Divine Order of the Void (level 81+) gives 5 quests per day. The Divine Order of the Shadow (level 51-80) allows only 3 quests per day, and the Divine Order of the Light (level 20-50) only 2.
    Once in a while you will get a purple quest, which usually involves killing 5-10 mobs in an instance. These purple quests will give you a Divine Honor of the Shadow.

Some blue quests will also give divine honors of the shadow.

The Divine Emissary of the Light is where you do the actual runecrafting.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Also Divine Honors of Void that you get from the higher level Blue or Purple Divine contracts can be exchanged for Divine Honors of Shadow needed for the Runecrafting I - Runecrafting III books.

Higher level Runecrafting needs Divine Honor of Void.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    edited March 2011
    I will add the extra information! Thank you!
  • OiOOio - Raging Tide
    OiOOio - Raging Tide Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Are these runes the same as the critine, topaz, sapphire, etc... shards?

If so that would be awesome so we can now get the higher immculement + shards without the high cost....b:pleased
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    edited March 2011
    @OiOOio No they are not. They are simple temporary buffs that you may put on your weapon for a certain amount of time. The lower level ones last 30 minutes, while the higher level ones 1 hour. They require Genie food (decomposed equipment gems) and shards (Ruby/Turquoise/Ctirine/Garnet/etc)
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2011
    No, runes only last 30 minutes, and enhance weapons only. They also require shards (Common-Beautiful) and chi stones (Wuhsing-Perfect) to make, so they're hardly low cost.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • OiOOio - Raging Tide
    OiOOio - Raging Tide Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Wow... what is the purpose of creating them then. They should make it easy like the apothoery (however u spell it) items you can make in order to lvl that crafting skill.

Where all you have to do is fiind the herb/resource and dig/mine it.

b:infuriated

Or make it permanet
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    edited March 2011
    Found out some new information. Some of the purple quests will also reward you with a Divine Honor of the Void.
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2011
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Cerredwen - Lost City
    Cerredwen - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    i have the rune crafting book lvl 1 but none of the elders will give me the skill what do i have to do to get the skill?
  • Furries - Dreamweaver
    Furries - Dreamweaver Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    im curious as to how many runs you get when u manufacture them

when you make apoc stuff you get 5 if the item. seeing as how these are so expensive are we getting a decent amount to use per craft? Or did the dev's completely **** this up and only give us 1...
    Killing level 80's with a lvl 60 is a lot more fun than killing level 90's with a level 100.
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    im curious as to how many runs you get when u manufacture them

when you make apoc stuff you get 5 if the item. seeing as how these are so expensive are we getting a decent amount to use per craft? Or did the dev's completely **** this up and only give us 1...

You get one. Those who needs them and can afford them will get them. Those who can't... well... too bad.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
  • Furries - Dreamweaver
    Furries - Dreamweaver Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    You get one. Those who needs them and can afford them will get them. Those who can't... well... too bad.

figures....
    Killing level 80's with a lvl 60 is a lot more fun than killing level 90's with a level 100.
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    edited March 2011
    Also don't forget, a lot of the item requirements in the recently added features (guild bases/base equipment, runecrafting) are based off of PW China's economy. I'm just guessing 100k for a 30 min buff is "cheap" in their version. Since that's obviously not the case here, I am hoping to see some imminent changes to these, though I'm very doubtful.

Doubtful because people already spent what they did on the runecrafting stones, and maybe even an item at the guild bases. The guild base price is already set in stone, as PWI has no intention of changing it, but maybe the multi-hundred-million coin price tags on the items in the guild bases will see a few decimal place changes.. At least I hope.
  • Bioxic - Archosaur
    Bioxic - Archosaur Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    lol im too busy with other stuffs..i dont **** think i'll ever find tym for any stupid rune craftingb:pleasedb:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    edited March 2011
    added more pictures
  • Tamerlayn - Sanctuary
    Tamerlayn - Sanctuary Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Have maxed out runecrafting 3, have runecrafting 4 book, but none of the elders will train runecrafting 4 skill. Got the book from a highlevel friend, as I cant yet get the right orders for the book. Do I need to be a specific level, or what?
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2011
    Probably need to be level 90.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tamerlayn - Sanctuary
    Tamerlayn - Sanctuary Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Yes, have to be level 90 for level IV runecrafting
  • Malphasia - Raging Tide
    Malphasia - Raging Tide Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I have purchased the "Runecrafting Skill Lv1" Book from another player.
    The Elder of Archosaur and all other elders will not offer to teach me Runecrafting Skill while I have the book in my inventory.

I have entered a support ticket with PWE and they suggested that I should consult with the various websites and this forum to figure out how to properly use the item. They do not help with these kinds of problems, they generally only help if your toon gets stuck in the terrain according to the email response I received.

If I have the skill book in my inventory and the skill doesn't appear on the Learn Crafting Skill list, I figure there is either some other requirement I'm not meeting or else there is a bug.

I am currently level 50 Mystic, and I just tried the Elder again with no luck.
    So if any of the other players have a suggestion i would appreciate hearing it.
  • Malphasia - Raging Tide
    Malphasia - Raging Tide Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Ok here's the thing about Runecrafting that the OP didn't put in his guide.

You need 60 character level to learn level 1 Runecrafting.
    You need +10 character levels for each additional level of Runecrafting.

So you can not upgrade to level 2 Runecrafting until level 70.

This is the reason why myself and some other people were able to get the books but unable to train the skill.
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    edited May 2011
    Thank you Malphasia for the information! Updating now

And I apologize for the lack of inactivity recently. Been occupied with too many things b:surrender
  • CRYSTY_III - Sanctuary
    CRYSTY_III - Sanctuary Posts: 226 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Great guide, great work, thank you for your work.
    I(many people) might learn the skill lvl 1 just for curiosity to have a new job but it's not worth it to use.How many players will spend alot high lvl gems to get a 30 min buff ? People prefers the party buffs or genie's buffs b:chuckle (I love the channeling skill of my genie )
    Why should i spend , let's say 150k ,to buy gems and combine them,to get just a +42 phys attack to weapon ? It's not worth it , for example beeing a lvl 70 lvl , to kill a "Increased life" mob with more than 40.000 hp , adding +42 points to 1030 damage means 1072 which , that +42 ,is just a additional scratch on mob's back.Or +145 hp ? lol even a mob lower lvl than the player can hit better than 145 !!
    Same for gems, gems powers are a joke compared with gems in BOI game which , there are a worthy investition.I trust in me , my basic attack/skills/buffs not the shiny gems lol.
    How many people are selling runes in archosaur on shops ? b:laugh Barerly i saw one with a rune lvl 3 veeery expensive ..
    R.U.N.E =Unlimited Roughly Newbie's Extorsion b:laugh
    You are great Skai , ty again b:victory ( added the guide to Favorites on web browser just in case when i will need it)but the runecrafting is a big joke b:chuckle trying to make people to spend their hard worked money..
    If the powers of runes will have one 0 or two 00 (depending on rune effect NOT level) added to the end of numbers then i will consider runecrafting as a worthy investition.
    Since i came to "visit" the game after a long break, the great addons on game are the tellus city which i love it and the surrounding areas too and the GREAT Engraving rings addon.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] srry about my english, im sure you'll get the point what im trying to say b:chuckleb:bye
    Happy Holidays ! b:victory
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    edited January 2012
    That post was quite a while ago, but the main reason people would want these runes is for an extra boost to their buffs, should they be fully buffed. Not only that, but also should the player DC or die, the shard remains in the weapon, so it carries on after death/dc, whereas buffs wouldn't be.
  • SinfulLia - Archosaur
    SinfulLia - Archosaur Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Thanks Skai for going out of your way to help us all out :)

Anyone know what price these puppys sell for?
    Is it profitable to make and sell? or is raw materials too muchto be viable?
    Also, anyone know what level equipment is need to decompose to make the chi stones fot the level one runes?
    b:bye
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    edited November 2012
    Sorry for the late reply, but from what I have seen so far, it's not a very profitable market, as people can get the same, if not better, effects from Seekers, and for free at that.
  • SynfulDream - Dreamweaver
    SynfulDream - Dreamweaver Posts: 152 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Thank you very much Skai.
    I just learned level one and I am at level 101. From what I am reading, I won't be able to level until level 110? I gather that it is different from other crafting skills where you can level up by crafting items. Can you or anyone confirm this?
  • skaitavia
    skaitavia Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    It's the same as crafting, blacksmith, apothecary, and tailor. You just keep making the same grade of rune to max out your experience bar for Runecrafting, and then get the appropriate level book and go to any Elder and learn the next level.

Rinse and repeat!