The way of the seeker

Comments

• Mooy - Heavens Tear
    Mooy - Heavens Tear Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    The description will alway stay the same. Wanmei didn't give anything about how does lvling it affect the effect, all they said is the buff effect increase when you lvl it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    visit jd-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=393891 to read the translated chapters of Zhu Xian.
    Forum Translator of Jade Dynasty, pm me if you need to translate anything. Can be any PWE game.
    Mystic's skill list updated. Final version of lvl11 skills and lvl79, 100 skills.
  • omegaweltall
    omegaweltall Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    So we spend spirit and coin on it, and hope the increase is worth the cost? Without ever knowing if it is or not? ....wow
  • Mooy - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2011
    The entire expansion seem like a money making plan of wanmei. Guild base, mirage skill, mystic's mp..etc. Although some said its for "balance" sin.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    visit jd-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=393891 to read the translated chapters of Zhu Xian.
    Forum Translator of Jade Dynasty, pm me if you need to translate anything. Can be any PWE game.
    Mystic's skill list updated. Final version of lvl11 skills and lvl79, 100 skills.
  • Kaste - Sanctuary
    Kaste - Sanctuary Posts: 1,353 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Why there is 2 pieces of LA for -int? I just see no point sacrificing anything for -int on seekers, unless you can get them into ~3aps or so. I was thinking something more along these lines:

http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=2429864d647fdb2c

Though dunno, might be too squishy build for real endgame build =/.

I said something in that direction. Again, I do not know how they are endgame, and what armor/ornament combination is required. But I guessed a similar build as fist BM. You might as well go full HA dual blades, for skill/burst damage instead.

Seeker is not quite a good class against sin if you actually test it.

Yep. They can't stunlock. And not enough damage. But they are a support class anyway. Their only job is to reveal the sins and let others kill 'em, xD.
    Feel free to PM me for help.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Mistress Myra forced me to use her sigpic ↑
    With PWI since Dec 21st '08
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=922912
    youtube.com/user/kasPWI
  • puppetmax
    puppetmax Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I have a question about the active blessings.

Went to buy lvl 2 Bladed Fervor from the skills guy, but I don't see any increase in the stats of the skill. Is this a typo, or is it like Bloodpaint and lvling the skill only increases the duration.
    If its the later, is there any point in lvling the skill?

Looked on ecatomb, and its the same for all the active blessings.

I have the same question, i dont see if have the buff or not who can explain that
  • archangelzephyr
    archangelzephyr Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I've been thinking, a Seeker is pretty much a BM going pure sword right? so should a 5 str, 3 dex, 2 vit stat build be good enough for it?
  • AuroraLucia - Archosaur
    AuroraLucia - Archosaur Posts: 279 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I've been thinking, a Seeker is pretty much a BM going pure sword right? so should a 5 str, 3 dex, 2 vit stat build be good enough for it?

You post this question in a thread where the OP already answered it? You should at least familiarize yourself with the very first post before you ask something in a topic, just in case they have an answer, as the OP does.
  • Lu$t - Sanctuary
    Lu$t - Sanctuary Posts: 1,005 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I have a question about the active blessings.

Went to buy lvl 2 Bladed Fervor from the skills guy, but I don't see any increase in the stats of the skill. Is this a typo, or is it like Bloodpaint and lvling the skill only increases the duration.
    If its the later, is there any point in lvling the skill?

Looked on ecatomb, and its the same for all the active blessings.

BF is just like BP, so I personally am gonna keep it at lvl 2 (would be 1 but tested to make sure the effects wouldnt increase)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero~
  • Elviron - Dreamweaver
    Elviron - Dreamweaver Posts: 812 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Couldnt bother to read through all 7 pages. Heres my thought:-

Light Armour Build - Does not really exist since with 3 dex every 2 levels, you would have sufficient DEX to actuall wear LA with any build. Its just a matter of switching out the HA armour.

Min Dex requirement for LA = Level + 4 Dex (basically 104 at 100 or 109 at 105). Swords need more DEX than that and hence your minimum DEX requirement is already covered.
  • Lu$t - Sanctuary
    edited March 2011
    ok i have to correct myself, lvl1 BF = +1% crit for 15 mins lvl2 = +1% crit for 30 minutes HOWEVER lvl 3 is like +1% crit and 2 attack level so leveling it IS beneficial =3 sorry for the false pretense >.<
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Makoakahi - Sanctuary
    Makoakahi - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    seeker's need a aoe stun and stun immune skill -.-

and as for the combos its a nice idea but hitting for ever 2 wait for it is lame just so i can get a 3 sec stun with a little more damege and they only let use have one sowrd buff at a time b:angry b:cry as for 1 vs 1 im getting my butt handed 2 me lol because lack of stun and stun immune lol. and the hole mirage idea i REALY DONT LIKE QQQ FLAME FLAME!

BUT! then.... i cant help 2 play them because they are very fun lol .
  • Venoblaster - Dreamweaver
    Venoblaster - Dreamweaver Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited March 2011

and as for the combos its a nice idea but hitting for ever 2 wait for it is lame just so i can get a 3 sec stun with a little more damege and they only let use have one sowrd buff at a time b:angry b:cry as for 1 vs 1 im getting my butt handed 2 me lol because lack of stun and stun immune lol. and the hole mirage idea i REALY DONT LIKE QQQ FLAME FLAME!

Nice QQ but let's please keep this post on topic.
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Waiting for lv 59+ skills and demon sage. b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • Lu$t - Sanctuary
    edited March 2011

you do know with parchedblade dance, we could aoe stun right? Granted it's not on command, but with a high lvl (hell even @ lvl 2 I get decent proc rate) you can combo up so really nice stun chains. Seems you really haven't been learning seeker and if you're complaining this early, just roll something else ~.~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• beastboyisbeast
    beastboyisbeast Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    This is a pretty nice guide overall, I commend you on your progress.
    He's charging his lazer.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2011
    This is a pretty nice guide overall, I commend you on your progress.

Ty for the support! b:victory

Corrections and additions are welcome.
  • Lu$t - Sanctuary
    edited March 2011
    mm Soulsever Minuet = pvp stance. the second one = aoeing and first is for usual pve ;3 hope that helps and gemini strike looks like our potential 1 shotter (can almost 1 shot 6x robes and im 56)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Yuniryu - Raging Tide
    Yuniryu - Raging Tide Posts: 516 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    :D Seeker ftw, enjoying it. Loving every minute of it, cant wait to get to 59 skilllsb:laugh. Damn cutl 29, just have to kill those monsters then two annoying boss, I want 29 skills well nearly 31 lol.

As for the party buffs, well i am getting only level 1 39 one, cause the other skills, and 59 party buff skipping all together lol. Waste of coin for +5 def and sp, nah save it for later if i am mad. b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lu$t - Sanctuary
    edited March 2011
    :D Seeker ftw, enjoying it. Loving every minute of it, cant wait to get to 59 skilllsb:laugh. Damn cutl 29, just have to kill those monsters then two annoying boss, I want 29 skills well nearly 31 lol.

As for the party buffs, well i am getting only level 1 39 one, cause the other skills, and 59 party buff skipping all together lol. Waste of coin for +5 def and sp, nah save it for later if i am mad. b:cute

Glad to hear. And yea I'm skipping the 59 squad buff as well. Only use it has imo is in pvp in which case you're normally alway rebuffing before 30 minutes is up which is just wasting mirages. Your're gonna like your 49 skill xD but the 59 zhen skill uses so much mp its not even funny. C'mon look at the mp consumption @ lvl 10-421.4 Mana every 1.5 seconds compared to lvl 10 Barrage (being the 2nd highest mp consumption dd skill)-540 mana every 3 seconds. So 842 damage per 3 seconds >.< D=
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• daryskin
    daryskin Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    i need to know if i am building seeker right i am using 3 str for even and 2 for odd along with dex 1 on even and 2 on odd rest on vit. which i have at time 1 point for each lvl for vit with some that have 2 vit ,, i need clarifcation on weapons can they use blades, swords dual swords and lastly dual blades or do they have there own. as i know armour is heavy. lets help me with this if i am doing right than i have made the chart for seeker and blade using these 4 types of swords. i am a bit confused for i got a weapon that is from stash box and i am short on str. b:surrender
  • Elednor - Harshlands
    Elednor - Harshlands Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=12242232&postcount=663 Not finish adding sage/demon effect yet, but will get it done soon.

Any chance of getting a link too where you got this info?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • puppetmax
    edited March 2011
    I am actually on lvl 46 and only have 20 of vit. What u think guys i need put more for not fail or i am good
    edited March 2011
    daryskin wrote: »
    i need to know if i am building seeker right i am using 3 str for even and 2 for odd along with dex 1 on even and 2 on odd rest on vit. which i have at time 1 point for each lvl for vit with some that have 2 vit ,, i need clarifcation on weapons can they use blades, swords dual swords and lastly dual blades or do they have there own. as i know armour is heavy. lets help me with this if i am doing right than i have made the chart for seeker and blade using these 4 types of swords. i am a bit confused for i got a weapon that is from stash box and i am short on str. b:surrender

For the first wep you get at lv 5 you'll be a little short on str (but you recover on level 6). If you go to the spreadsheet that is linked on the guide on the first page, it has been adjusted to take that into consideration.
    edited March 2011
    puppetmax wrote: »
    I am actually on lvl 46 and only have 20 of vit. What u think guys i need put more for not fail or i am good

It depends on how much you're willing to spend on low level gear that you'll outgrow in a couple days. I am planning on adding 2 VIT every 2 levels to give me enough HP until I'm level 100, then I'll restat to whatever ammount if VIT is considered most efficient for endgame (maybe 3, or 5, or 30, who knows).
  • Mooy - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2011

Wanmei forum.

http://bbs.w2i.wanmei.com/viewthread.php?tid=1707657&extra=page%3D2

Had been confirm by dev.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • daryskin
    edited March 2011

hi there i spent 13+ hours making a chart that has the 4 weapon classes and heavy armour for the seeker and i found that i use 3 str on the even and for odd i use 2 str then 1 dex on even and 2 dex on odd this way it gives me 1 vit on each lvl with exception that there r some that have 2 vit on them. as i got my stash box one as i have stated that i was 1 point short and i agree that it makes up in the next lvl. question is the lvl 50 and 80 box weapons or other quest that one may get will i fall short a point and can make it up in the next lvl.. it sounds like my build for covering all weapons and heavy armour is paying off,, i hope this can help others in there build in both seeker and bm using swords,,, ( For note i have made a chart for barbs ( Axes and Hammers with ha,, veno,wizard,cleric,psysic and mystic using all magic weapons and arcane armour,,, Blademaster with axes and hammers with Ha,,, and finally assassin with daggers and light armour.. i am currently working on others..)b:victory
  • puppetmax
    edited March 2011
    It depends on how much you're willing to spend on low level gear that you'll outgrow in a couple days. I am planning on adding 2 VIT every 2 levels to give me enough HP until I'm level 100, then I'll restat to whatever ammount if VIT is considered most efficient for endgame (maybe 3, or 5, or 30, who knows).

tnx dude
    edited March 2011
    daryskin wrote: »
    hi there i spent 13+ hours making a chart that has the 4 weapon classes and heavy armour for the seeker and i found that i use 3 str on the even and for odd i use 2 str then 1 dex on even and 2 dex on odd this way it gives me 1 vit on each lvl with exception that there r some that have 2 vit on them. as i got my stash box one as i have stated that i was 1 point short and i agree that it makes up in the next lvl. question is the lvl 50 and 80 box weapons or other quest that one may get will i fall short a point and can make it up in the next lvl.. it sounds like my build for covering all weapons and heavy armour is paying off,, i hope this can help others in there build in both seeker and bm using swords,,, ( For note i have made a chart for barbs ( Axes and Hammers with ha,, veno,wizard,cleric,psysic and mystic using all magic weapons and arcane armour,,, Blademaster with axes and hammers with Ha,,, and finally assassin with daggers and light armour.. i am currently working on others..)b:victory

Nice info. If you want to share your chart I can link to it from the guide.
  • TankedBeast - Lost City
    TankedBeast - Lost City Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Anyone tried a LA seeker yet? I've heard of some people trying it, but haven't heard on their progress.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Leader of Sangnati (Latin for Blood Born/Nation)
    We can be your best friend... Or your worst enemy...
    Which would you prefer?
    b:sin
    100 Sage/Vit/Tank Barb
    101 Demon/Fist/5.0 BM
    Yes, 5.0 really is OP. Yet, I still got it... b:chuckle
  • daryskin
    edited March 2011
    Nice info. If you want to share your chart I can link to it from the guide.
    tell me liknk and how to do this or if u have e-mail address i can sendb:bye
This discussion has been closed.