Be careful who you "freind"... (rant)

Furries - Dreamweaver
Furries - Dreamweaver Posts: 966 Arc User
edited March 2011 in General Discussion
or else something like this will happen..

So im helping some random people do a tt 1-1... and a get a pm from a "freind"

he was a lvl 66 bm and he asks me to help him with fb59. So say sure after i finihs this tt1-1.

after i finish the tt... i sqaud him and see him and a lvl 81 veno in the sqaud.
so im like cool another decent lvl.. where is the rest of the squad though?

he said he couldnt fiund anyone else. and was hoping i could solo it for him
soo fb 59 no cleric.. havent tried that b4... but sure i think i can

i ask if he had a wine... and he said no...

wait so you want me to solo this WHOLE instance unwined?
well anyways i end up saying ok becuase i wanted to see if i actually could solo fb 59 unbuffed by myself..

Then i said, how come you still need your fb 59? ur lvl 66 already you should have done it by now. he says he has. and it was for his freind.

so i ash him where his freind is. he says its the veno...

now im trying to be nice but at this point there are some serious red flags going up...

full unwined fb59.. for a lvl 81 veno... 3 sqaud memebrs no cleric.

but i go ahead and clear to zimo...

at the time they decide to actually enter the instance...

and i see the the veno's and the bms hp go down.

so im thinking.. ok ive cleared this whole instance WTF are the duing dueling eachother hurry upo and join me at zimo.. and then they both die...

b:shocked wait.. so.. it was a mob?

then he tells me i didnt do a good job clearing the instance and i misses a mob...

im like... no..... i didn't where are u guys?

they say thier at the start

turns out they aggroed those 2 mobs at the start that you dont need to kill becuase u can just walk past

so the veno comes back in.. and dies AGAIN
on the same mob...

at this point i run back to the start. and the veno leaves sqaud.

my freind "told me to clear the instance better next time and he RESETS the instance.

telling me that i dont know how to clear the instance properly...

at that point.. i blacklist his *** and remove him from my friends list wondering...

how the hell did this moron even get on my friends list.

the moral of this story is... be careful who u add on your freinds list. *FacePaw*
Killing level 80's with a lvl 60 is a lot more fun than killing level 90's with a level 100.
Post edited by Furries - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Yes, I agree with the concept of the moral you explained.

I never add randoms on my FL, or if I do due to pestering, etc, etc, I just delete them later....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Dimitrik - Dreamweaver
    Dimitrik - Dreamweaver Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    At first, I was like, "Geeze, you might be going a little hard on the guy. Maybe it's a kid or something." And then it turns out to be the veno, level 81. So I change it to, "Well, okay, so it's one of those buy-your-levels-instead-of-earning-them players. You have a right to be grumpy." And then, you say they reset it?

Inexcusable.

Good lord.
  • LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    ...wait, mobs right near the start of 59 that one can just walk by? these would be before you even get to the door guards, correct?

HOW does an 8x veno die to THOSE?! cheezes, i think even *I* could pull and tank those if i really had to... especially if i had a BM there to help me kill 'em. i mean, come ON...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • Furries - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2011
    ...wait, mobs right near the start of 59 that one can just walk by? these would be before you even get to the door guards, correct?

HOW does an 8x veno die to THOSE?! cheezes, i think even *I* could pull and tank those if i really had to... especially if i had a BM there to help me kill 'em. i mean, come ON...

those would be the mobs b4 you get to the door guards.. and before you even need to hug the right wall with that rock throwing mob

it was the undine and that other mob
    Killing level 80's with a lvl 60 is a lot more fun than killing level 90's with a level 100.
  • Ash_ketchups - Sanctuary
    Ash_ketchups - Sanctuary Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    And this is why I don't add randoms to my friendlist.
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    i would have said "no ty" after I heard unwined. well, maybe if i actually knew why he was on my FL and we got a full squad I would help him if it was his fb.

but for a lvl81 veno? and while they are not even there? rofl, no way.
    you only purge once #yopo
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Without paragraphs it's very hard to make a clear and concise point. b:shocked

You spelled friends wrong too btw lol. b:surrender
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • WnbTank - Archosaur
    WnbTank - Archosaur Posts: 1,472 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    I did once help somebody with questing, being bored, appreantly it wasnt enough to help if he picked and DQ got in my inv, he`d QQ till I dropped it... Needless to say, I blacklisted him.
    Trolling Sid since So Hot :o
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    Alasen - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,874 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    @ Dan... who're you talking to? Cause everything on this page was pretty clear to anyone that understands English........

And wow..... just wow..... people like the ones Furries is talking about shouldnt' be allowed to play lmao... that's just.... wow..... Too bad you're on Dreamweaver, i'd ask u to PM me the name of that failass veno that couldn't solo 59 on his/her own (and no i don't have a herc).
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    @ Dan... who're you talking to? Cause everything on this page was pretty clear to anyone that understands English........

I think he's referring to the fact that the way the OP is written is downright horrible.

There's way too many ellipses, not to mention the line breaks. Also, there's a massive lack of capital letters and commas.

Quite honestly, even if that were faster to write, which is a bunch of bull****, it looks so horrible it makes a lot of people skip the post just based on how it looks. It's this thing called "presentation" and it's the reason you dress up when going to apply for a new job. Because the impression actually means something. And believe me, it does.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • Furries - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2011
    I think he's referring to the fact that the way the OP is written is downright horrible.

There's way too many ellipses, not to mention the line breaks. Also, there's a massive lack of capital letters and commas.

Quite honestly, even if that were faster to write, which is a bunch of bull****, it looks so horrible it makes a lot of people skip the post just based on how it looks. It's this thing called "presentation" and it's the reason you dress up when going to apply for a new job. Because the impression actually means something. And believe me, it does.

sorry i cant type. b:surrender
  • Epidemik - Lost City
    Epidemik - Lost City Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    typing on the internetz...srs bsns.

Anyways...
    Yea that sounds like an awful situation. I mean to do it unwined it already a hassle, but by yourself and then have them criticize you for not clearing the two mobs up front is too much. A lvl 81 veno should know that instance by now and should be able to take on those two mobs either way. Tbh I don't know what it is but I find quite a lot of players like the one you describe. I don't know if it's that they are kids, or just aren't the brightest ones in the bunch.
    -Hiatus/inactive
  • _Nuriko_ - Lost City
    _Nuriko_ - Lost City Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    You guys forget the fact... she's 81 and didnt even do her fb59 yet. >_> So me thinks she be fail and no wonder she died.
    Ahira is a spyb:cryb:cryb:cry
  • CJD - Heavens Tear
    CJD - Heavens Tear Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Sorry for what happened to you in that cave man.. b:surrender

As for the veno, too bad you just should have tried i mean,,, and for the 66 BM, he should learn the how the caves are done, the easy way, plus some one agrees to do FB59 un wined, without a cleric ! That's more than anyone can ask for!
    Girls are like phones...
    We love to be held... talked too..
    but if you press the wrong button you'll be disconnected! b:laugh
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    That veno stinks of oracle nub or something... either petless or no pet anywhere near her level.

That said, I've done 59 unwined and clericless, both herced and unherced (herced is way easier.) Not sure I'd want to try clericless and uncharmed as a barb, though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    those would be the mobs b4 you get to the door guards.. and before you even need to hug the right wall with that rock throwing mob

it was the undine and that other mob

...i've pulled, tanked, and killed those solo. didn't actually know you could sneak by them; they're no particular trouble to clear out, so i usually do. and i'm 6x; that 81 veno there had NO excuse. it's not like i even need my double-spark skills to kill those mobs...

honestly, i thought you meant the rock-throwing hug-the-wall mob. that one's a PITA to sneak by, because my pet never hugs the wall close enough; i have to unsummon it or draw aggro. and that one can hurt a fair bit, when you're as low level as i am --- still, an 81 should... just not die to it.

it's one thing to hyper up an alt to be used in squads with your friends, but c'mon, if you want an 8x alt to be USEFUL with your friends it's still got to be able to stand up to mobs twenty levels below it when soloing. even elite mobs. and venos are supposed to be the soloist class that should be able to take on stuff others need a squad for...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • Black_wolve - Sanctuary
    Black_wolve - Sanctuary Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Op do as i do If u see a flag pop up dont go stay as far away as u can . That's why i'm smart i have a few alt's so this way no one can find me lol.

Op im confused did this veno power lv his or her toon with hyper's? And if so this is the reason why even the new class besides the sin's psy every one asumes to hyper them up but yet have no idea what they are doing another words a noob.
  • Bublee - Heavens Tear
    Bublee - Heavens Tear Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    lol I hate that kind of people
    [SIGPIC]http://i55.tinypic.com/m8d10j.gif[/SIGPIC]
    If you would like me to make you a siggy, send me a pm. ;)
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Well, to be fair since it was her FB she was probably as new to the instance as someone who had done it for the first time at lvl 59. And if you power leveled too fast but didn't read the stat allocations, then until you can restat, you're not goign to be that strong of a player. The audacity of the BM to reset the instance though is beyond me. If he was any good he could have helped his friend past those mobs. Or they could have asked really nicely for you come help them get past them, since they clearly didn't know what they were doing. It's not so much the fail that bothers me, as it is the sheer arrogance and rudeness attatched to it. Sorry to hear about that OP. :\

I tend to accept random invites myself though, since a lot of people friend me when I show even the slightest competency just because I'm a "good cleric," even though I don't really think I'm that good....perhaps that is why they were on your FL in the first place?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited February 2011
    Wow, too bad you can't name the veno so others can avoid her. Mine was soloing 59 in the late 70's with a Walker. not even a herc. This one can't even get past two mobs? her pets probably still in the 30's because she's been BH leveling. (something that is really stupid to do for a veno BTW) (at least in my opinion, spend all your spare time getting your pets caught up. BH if for when you have nothing else to do to level.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lelouchvi - Sanctuary
    Lelouchvi - Sanctuary Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Damn that whole run sounded so anoyying.
    I feel ya
  • IHazNutz - Dreamweaver
    IHazNutz - Dreamweaver Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Ouch, sorry man, bad run indeed :P

Funniest part is a high 70's veno can easily solo the whole instance with a range pet :P (Slow but totally doable)
  • XRathSphereX - Archosaur
    XRathSphereX - Archosaur Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    hmf, If i was to end up like that I would back stab those two and made my self pink named in pvp and kill them and take whatever gear they dropped, If there on a pvp server. I'm not much of a pvp kinda guy, but love duels a whole lot. but its great to back stab someone who's annoying as those too, if they was on a pvp server. Or dumb enough to switch pk mode on, if on a pve server.

But yea I'm only level 30 but it would teach them a leassion or two for doing what they just did. I don't take that kind of act as a kind way. But I'm a nice guy though just try not to get on my bad side. Well anyways sorry that happened like that furries.
  • Echolight - Dreamweaver
    Echolight - Dreamweaver Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    does that bm not know what he is doing? i mean come on if he did it before then he should know to just dodge the mobs.

other than that i think he just did that on purpose to take his anger out on you b:bye
  • crunchycat
    crunchycat Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Wow, Furries... sorry you had to go through that ****. I hope you get a chance to pk them.
  • ZodiarkE - Dreamweaver
    ZodiarkE - Dreamweaver Posts: 266 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    or else something like this will happen..

So im helping some random people do a tt 1-1... and a get a pm from a "freind"

he was a lvl 66 bm and he asks me to help him with fb59. So say sure after i finihs this tt1-1.

after i finish the tt... i sqaud him and see him and a lvl 81 veno in the sqaud.
    so im like cool another decent lvl.. where is the rest of the squad though?

he said he couldnt fiund anyone else. and was hoping i could solo it for him
    soo fb 59 no cleric.. havent tried that b4... but sure i think i can

i ask if he had a wine... and he said no...

wait so you want me to solo this WHOLE instance unwined?
    well anyways i end up saying ok becuase i wanted to see if i actually could solo fb 59 unbuffed by myself..

Then i said, how come you still need your fb 59? ur lvl 66 already you should have done it by now. he says he has. and it was for his freind.

so i ash him where his freind is. he says its the veno...

now im trying to be nice but at this point there are some serious red flags going up...

full unwined fb59.. for a lvl 81 veno... 3 sqaud memebrs no cleric.

but i go ahead and clear to zimo...

at the time they decide to actually enter the instance...

and i see the the veno's and the bms hp go down.

so im thinking.. ok ive cleared this whole instance WTF are the duing dueling eachother hurry upo and join me at zimo.. and then they both die...

b:shocked wait.. so.. it was a mob?

then he tells me i didnt do a good job clearing the instance and i misses a mob...

im like... no..... i didn't where are u guys?

they say thier at the start

turns out they aggroed those 2 mobs at the start that you dont need to kill becuase u can just walk past

so the veno comes back in.. and dies AGAIN
    on the same mob...

at this point i run back to the start. and the veno leaves sqaud.

my freind "told me to clear the instance better next time and he RESETS the instance.

telling me that i dont know how to clear the instance properly...

at that point.. i blacklist his *** and remove him from my friends list wondering...

how the hell did this moron even get on my friends list.

the moral of this story is... be careful who u add on your freinds list. *FacePaw*

I don't know where you get an idea as to why you would rant on something last night Furries, As far as it goes you were being rudely and so if any case any one my suggestion if he quits this game for a useless Diablos 3 game he's more of a coward of ranting on and for another game which is tends to go down not even four years in the making.

Also you wanted wines you do not need them for this quest of the cultivation so get over it!! We've asked your help you made remarks that are or have been rude, so if you wanted wine YOU should of gotten them yourself, so don't go on here and RANT like some 4th grader =/ also by the way its Friends not Freind.
  • Juliaasmith - Dreamweaver
    Juliaasmith - Dreamweaver Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    I know other people who would have done it without expecting something in return, those are real friends!

Second, I didn't appreciate your remarks! I wanted help not judgement. Yeah, I am a lvl 81, but I work and have been really busy and that's why I was so far behind on my cultivation. I found you to be really rude.

Our other friend Tecniques would have done it without expecting money or wine, because he is a real friend and has a kind heart. We should have just had him help us without wasting our time on you.

Not checking back to see rude childish replies so save your words "D" Bag!! b:shutup
  • Juliaasmith - Dreamweaver
    Juliaasmith - Dreamweaver Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Also, I offered to give you 100k!! LIAR!!!
  • Tamias - Archosaur
    Tamias - Archosaur Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Being behind in your culti doesnt give an excuse to be behind on your skills. I mean sure not lvling some here and there because it gets pricey and due to veno's having two lines of skills (fox form and upright) I can understand. But reseting the instance after skipping 2 mobs? That's a bit harsh dont you think? If you really had an issue call him back, tell him to clear it, not go ahead and reset the instance.

Now if this was an FB I would have to smack anyone who expects it unwined unless you're super **** poor and have VERY patient friends. But Venos can generate their own coin suffering one of the lowest repairs of any class. If this was the special untamed quest that you get an optional mob, I can understand unwined.

But honestly whether the people involved are 10 or even 20 lvls above the instance, dont be stupid and run around clericless unless you know what you're doing. Actually a high lvl cleric could have tanked this instead if you really, REALLY was having issues >_<

BTW SS of who offered what, or it didnt happen b:surrender
    Tamias-
    The Dealer at your service b:cute
  • Tigriss_o - Raging Tide
    Tigriss_o - Raging Tide Posts: 625 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    So the BM and Veno dispute what OP said and says OP was being rude Of course. I saw that one coming as soon as the OP posted. So who do we believe. **** it your all 3 are being childish right now. But OP gets some props for not naming names. I know most people would have said the names.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]