Legendary Water pet?

frogsplatter
frogsplatter Posts: 0 Arc User
edited February 2011 in Venomancer
Do we know IF we will be getting a Legendary water pet with Genesis? I really hope they add ALOT of underwater content. Would love to see a true 3D multi level TT type instances.
Post edited by frogsplatter on

Comments

• Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear
    Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,681 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    That would be truly amazing , a PVE Water Instance would be a change to the classic dungeon based theme.

As for the pet , i really doubt it ( a penguin would be fun xD ) ehem , anyway , paying 70-100 million for a pet that is usable only in water doesnt seem much worthwhile imo, but we shall see
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    <--- MALE Veno ..... Moved to G W 2 or maybe not completely , don't know ...... PW addiction
    {That TT xbow chain is one that describes someone's bowel movements after having too much spicy food. A loud **** (Thundercrack), then a burning sensation (Flash Fire), followed by an explosion of multi-colored poo-confetti (Blinding Radiance). Excellent...} By Quilue
  • Galox - Heavens Tear
    Galox - Heavens Tear Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    I'm Sure there was a Golden Turtle Legendary Pet in one version of the game...

But I'm Probably Horribly Wrong D:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] b:victory
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    They might aswell give hercs the ability to swim since mystic pets can already both walk, fly and swim.

Flying hercs would be a bit too much... but giving them the ability to swim would be nice.
    Swimming nixes would be rather weird aswell, but if they could go into ''walking'' mode so they can enter dungeons then that would be pretty damn nice aswell.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    now that would be really, really cool- to have totally underwater instances, like the TT or FF, orFBs. i was very disappointed with the Tideborn, that their FBs are the same as everyone elses., with so very little happening underwater. what a waste to create the mermaid version, but to have no skills or instances for them. its comparable to having the Untamed being able to take on Trueform, but have no skills associated with it.

Do we know IF we will be getting a Legendary water pet with Genesis? I really hope they add ALOT of underwater content. Would love to see a true 3D multi level TT type instances.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Get to level 102 and see if you still want another legendary pet to keep leveled. A Herc buffed plumpfish can suit most needs already.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • Artenimes - Raging Tide
    Artenimes - Raging Tide Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    A legendary water pet would be cool...but even just adding a rare water pet (or another rare pet period...maybe for lvl 70 *wink, wink*) for Genesis would be fun! :D
    I'm personally just looking forward to flying around on my veno and seeing what new creatures are tameable. I mean afterall Cube does wonders for leveling pets. ;)
  • HimeJunsei - Sanctuary
    HimeJunsei - Sanctuary Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    I thought they don't care about changing/improving the current classes. They just spam new races/classes. Which is nice, but bad because they make them better then old classes and don't upgrade the old ones. Marketing>fairness always, that's life.
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    tweakz wrote: »
    Get to level 102 and see if you still want another legendary pet to keep leveled. A Herc buffed plumpfish can suit most needs already.

i barely even want to keep my herc anymore, its more of a liability than an asset in most endgame instances, in groups anyway. they suck in nirvana, take too much damage in warsong, arent needed for rebirth, end up messing up ninjas in abba/sot, and cant tank much in 3-2, 3-3, and anything you do in the open map, nix is almost always better. i probably use my celestial sting more than my herc in instances.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    I have to agree. Nowadays the pet on a veno is nice for soloing, but the price tag and the necessity of it.. provided a squad even bring a veno on any decent run like FF, is too high. Veno role is mainly limited to sparse AOE, maybe some small APS for LA/HA builds, but more than anything else, debuffing. A legendary water pet is only icing on the e-peen cake and quite unnecessary.
  • Shifong - Heavens Tear
    Shifong - Heavens Tear Posts: 409 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    i barely even want to keep my herc anymore, its more of a liability than an asset in most endgame instances, in groups anyway. they suck in nirvana, take too much damage in warsong, arent needed for rebirth, end up messing up ninjas in abba/sot, and cant tank much in 3-2, 3-3, and anything you do in the open map, nix is almost always better. i probably use my celestial sting more than my herc in instances.

lol, qft

As for a legendary water pet, even though it sounds really great. I don't think i can remember the last time i've had to use a pet in the water... So why waste money on one?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retsuko - Shifong
    Karmapwi.com
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    The only thing I could agree on about a pet's (Herc in this case) usefulness is for Warsong Metal. Ninja'ing outside of the mobs before Ethereal Abomination is almost always a waste since the mobs can be killed about as fast as it takes to get around them.
    JanusZeal wrote:
    Veno role is mainly limited to sparse AOE, maybe some small APS for LA/HA builds, but more than anything else, debuffing.

You should notice that your usefulness as a debuffer is fading for most scenarios while usefulness as an AoE killing machine or APS DD is rising. Constant weak AoE or AoE that takes 2 sparks when you're using chi or genie just to keep up with squad isn't so great for PvE. Mobs that are dead within 3 casts aren't going to care about your amp, ironwood, sparse AoE or DoTs. In all DPS comparisons I've seen between APS veno and other APS dd's (which aren't bad): they don't include what the pet is capable of.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.